Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man (2586 Views)

7 types Of Ladies And The kind Of Men most ideal for them. / Woman Applies ‘make Up’ On Her Face Before Accepting Her Man’s Proposal (photos) / Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man by aca77: 8:10am On Nov 25, 2010
Particularly in Africa, for real. Only two possibilities exist for the sort of man in this unfortunate situation: Stay and play the tormented meek fool, OR, stay and when you try to assert yourself as the 'head' of the house you would be accused of being insecure or egotistical. . .and live a life of constant quarreling and fighting.

It's impossible for a woman to truly love and respect a man she is more successful than. Head or tail such a man is condemned to a life of misery unless he quits. Successful women are better off single and alone (see Bola Shagaya, Florence Ita-Giwa, Arunma Oteh, Oprah Winfrey, etc).
Re: It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 25, 2010
"whats good for the goose is good for the gander"!

the fact that you think so low and negatively of a man who is married to a more successful/rich wife says a lot about yourself.
i guess you best go look for a poorer/less educated wife to marry and never wish for her success. LOL!

. . . . . . . .then you wonder why some people will never become anything in this world?!
Re: It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man by SALady(f): 11:03am On Nov 25, 2010
aca77:

Particularly in Africa, for real. Only two possibilities exist for the sort of man in this unfortunate situation: Stay and play the tormented meek fool, OR, stay and when you try to assert yourself as the 'head' of the house you would be accused of being insecure or egotistical. . .and live a life of constant quarreling and fighting.

It's impossible for a woman to truly love and respect a man she is more successful than. Head or tail such a man is condemned to a life of misery unless he quits. Successful women are better off single and alone (see Bola Shagaya, Florence Ita-Giwa, Arunma Oteh, Oprah Winfrey, etc).

Like I said Mr Brown, that black man lowered his standards and somehow forgot to circulate the memo. Finally here's one above accepting the shocking facts.
Re: It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 25, 2010
Like the saying goes, (s)he who writes the cheques gives the orders. You're not far from the truth. . .although most men may not openly admit having such sentiments.
Re: It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man by bodrin(m): 2:39pm On Nov 25, 2010
if you have opportunities to be richer than your man dont utilize it ,because u no wan rich pass ur husband. na destiny, there is no crime in it at all. but the only thing is submission
Re: It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man by iv4real(f): 3:04pm On Nov 25, 2010
I agree with u.There is no crime in being richer than your man.But i guess most men are scared especially the Nigerian men because it takes Gods intervention for a Nigerian woman to have money and be respectful towards their man.
Re: It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man by Dsense(m): 4:41pm On Nov 25, 2010
I wish nd pray my wife richer than me!
OP,
Wrong thought is urs!!!
Re: It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man by uniklarus(f): 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2010
@Aca 77
cheesy cheesy cheesy says who?
Re: It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man by Rocktation(f): 5:09pm On Nov 25, 2010
Hmmph! Don't know what to say to this.
Re: It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 25, 2010
There's nothing wrong with a woman being richer than her husband.

However, any man who purposely seeks out a rich woman to marry, as a means of escaping poverty, will end up caging himself for life!
Re: It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man by aca77: 5:46pm On Nov 25, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

"whats good for the goose is good for the gander"!

the fact that you think so low and negatively of a man who is married to a more successful/rich wife says a lot about yourself.
i guess you best go look for a poorer/less educated wife to marry and never wish for her success. LOL!

. . . . . . . .then you wonder why some people will never become anything in this world?!

No matter how simple an argument is, some people always manage to arrive at baseless conclusions anchored on even more baseless premises. How does the assertion "it is not IDEAL for a woman to be MORE (operative word) successful than her man" correlate with   ". . .no wonder some people would never become anything in this world"? The foregoing conclusion made by you suggests that for a man to "become anything in this world" he has to love the idea of his woman being richer and more successful than him. I dare say that only an unrepentant gigolo for whom well-to-do women are the only sources of livelihood would arrive at such a ludicrous conclusion.
Re: It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man by aca77: 5:53pm On Nov 25, 2010
iv4real:

I agree with u.There is no crime in being richer than your man.But i guess most men are scared especially the Nigerian men because it takes Gods intervention for a Nigerian woman to have money and be respectful towards their man.

At least you realize this ugly truth. We live in this same society and we see these things daily. There.s no point talking about beautiful theory when the ugly practical realiities surround us.  It's not a personal experience, its just an observation one has made severally.
Re: It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 25, 2010
@aca77
if you understood anything about MARRIAGE then you would know that its a PARTNERSHIP. a husband and a wife working together for the betterment of their union/family/lives.
the minute one of the partners hinders the other to fulfill that purpose fully then its just as putting road blocks on your road to happiness because of some BS ego.

you suggestion is to suffer, make your family suffer and be miserable in life rather than having a partner that can provide what your a$$ cant. HOW SELFISH IS THAT?!
the day men like you UNDERSTAND the sacrifices it takes to be in an union, thats the day you will have a chance to advance in life. until then you will remain bottom feeders. . . . . . . . . . . .even if you have a great job.

LIFE/FAMILY is like a race and you are in a race car with 2 powerful engines in it. the minute you decide that you will never use the full potential of the other engine (more powerful than yours or not), thats the day you decided on NOT winning that race!
Re: It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man by obowunmi(m): 1:14am On Nov 26, 2010
I agree with the OP, it is indeed not ideal. As a man, its an uncomfortable feeling.
Re: It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man by Osama10(m): 4:46am On Nov 26, 2010
I don't see it as a problem, my money is hers and her money is mine also.
Re: It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man by bolafex(f): 10:48pm On Nov 28, 2010
The statusquo is fast changing!The earlier the african men woke up to this reality the better for them and their families;Leave the Shagayas and Ita-giwas aside and fastwind to the Dora Akunyilis,the Okonjo-iwealas and the like-while the earlier group are single parents,the other group is made up of equally successful women who have managed to keep their homes;My take is,the affluence or success of a woman should not break her home.The bottom line is for the woman to recognise the 'headship' of the man on the homefront.Also, its important for our men to get off their high horses,shun their inferiority complex and give their wives the needed support.If only we knew half the story of these single women of substance-majority were frustrated out of their matrimonial homes by husbands who were not comfortable with their wives success.Men really need to change their outlook!

(1) (Reply)

If U Have A Chance To Marry Someone Who Is Not African, Which Country Will It Be / This Girl Too Dey Eye Me / 99.6% Of Nigerian Men Are Cheats!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.