Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World (6163 Views)

7 types Of Ladies And The kind Of Men most ideal for them. / An Apology Letter From Men To Women / It Is Not Ideal For A Woman To Be Richer Or More Successful Than Her Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 18, 2012
My arguments against Extreme feminism:

Women will lose the natural respect men have for them, if we’re to become equal. Which means chivalry will become obsolete, and men will start saying things like: “If we're equal and I have to cook for myself, why should I hold her coat or open the door for her?”

It's also natural for the women who have a full-time job not to have the strength to do all that housewives do. The woman's duties at home are more numerous than the men's, but at the same time, the equality between women and men force them to work the same time and way at their jobs. And can women cope with his workload?? Children also have a special close connection with their mothers that can't be matched with the relationship they have with their fathers. And I basically think women should focus more on domestic work (not full house wives) – than trying to outdo men in the corporate world.

I know feminists would argue that if women ruled the world, there would be no wars because, as mothers, they couldn't bring themselves to send their sons to war. But Margaret Thatcher, Susan Rice, Condolezza Rice, Hilary Clinton, etc, have shown that women are shrewd when it comes to wars. They are naturally war mongers, and they usually go about it – in a more deceptive and subtle way than men..

If women become more independent in their couple life, there are would be more single and divorced women due to that. One of them could be the fact that working women don't have time for a successful private life. At the same time there is a fragile compatibility between motherhood, career and the family policies that exist

Finally, I feel what the feminist movements are trying to achieve is counterproductive, no matter how we look at it. It's obvious that they didn't only establish the normal equality between the sexes, but also the abnormal one that gives women a lot of issues to solve.

PS: I’m playing the devil’s advocate here, but I love women.. Kisses to y’all!!

Shymmex the lover of all women blessed in the right places! kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by ayobase(m): 11:45am On Jun 18, 2012
shymmex: My arguments against Extreme feminism:

Women will lose the natural respect men have for them, if we’re to become equal. Which means chivalry will become obsolete, and men will start saying things like: “If we're equal and I have to cook for myself, why should I hold her coat or open the door for her?”

It's also natural for the women who have a full-time job not to have the strength to do all that housewives do. The woman's duties at home are more numerous than the men's, but at the same time, the equality between women and men force them to work the same time and way at their jobs. And can women cope with his workload?? Children also have a special close connection with their mothers that can't be matched with the relationship they have with their fathers. And I basically think women should focus more on domestic work (not full house wives) – than trying to outdo men in the corporate world.

I know feminists would argue that if women ruled the world, there would be no wars because, as mothers, they couldn't bring themselves to send their sons to war. But Margaret Thatcher, Susan Rice, Condolezza Rice, Hilary Clinton, etc, have shown that women are shrewd when it comes to wars. They are naturally war mongers, and they usually go about it – in a more deceptive and subtle way than men..

If women become more independent in their couple life, there are would be more single and divorced women due to that. One of them could be the fact that working women don't have time for a successful private life. At the same time there is a fragile compatibility between motherhood, career and the family policies that exist

Finally, I feel what the feminist movements are trying to achieve is counterproductive, no matter how we look at it. It's obvious that they didn't only establish the normal equality between the sexes, but also the abnormal one that gives women a lot of issues to solve.

Like the first time u r making sense to me, even though slimyem is masking her opinion by ''boring''
There is an article by Lagbaja abt this ''gender equality''....I will get it out if I can!
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by Mynd44: 11:47am On Jun 18, 2012
this might get interesting
*following*
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by slimyem: 11:50am On Jun 18, 2012
Mynd_44: this might get interesting
*following*
it won't.
don't waste your bytes.
Unfollow for your own good!cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by Mynd44: 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2012
slimyem: it won't.
don't waste your bytes.
Unfollow for your own good!cheesy
Killjoy
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by slimyem: 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2012
Mynd_44:
Killjoy
whatever!tongue
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 18, 2012
^^^^You're still following me everywhere, huh?

You really want the bang bang, don't you? grin grin grin
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2012
There is absolutely no need for prognostications here. We have results already. The rate at which the Western societies are churning out sissified men must be eustressing for the crazy feminists.
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by Mynd44: 12:46pm On Jun 18, 2012
slimyem: whatever!tongue
*hisses* I will not play with you again
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by cowgurl: 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2012
shymmex: My arguments against Extreme feminism:

Hmm!
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by cowgurl: 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2012
ArQueBusieR: There is absolutely no need for prognostications here. We have results already. The rate at which the Western societies are churning out sissified men must be eustressing for the crazy feminists.
grin You say what?
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:22pm On Jun 18, 2012
cowgurl: You say what?
Did I stutter, Ms. blank slate?! lol. . .kidding. grin
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2012
I disagree with many of your points.
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2012
Yield: I disagree with many of your points.

Can you tell me what you disagree with? Let's do this!!

1 Like

Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by ArQueBusieR(m): 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2012
If I shoot you, you'll fall.

1 Like

Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by cowgurl: 9:11pm On Jun 18, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
Did I stutter, Ms. blank slate?! lol. . .kidding. grin
angry grin
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by ayobase(m): 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2012
shymmex: ^^^^You're still following me everywhere, huh?

Lets face this thread.....a thread to a thread...no carry over.
Relax ur mind and let the cool breeze!
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by ayobase(m): 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2012

I wanna read u!
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 18, 2012
ArQueBusieR: There is absolutely no need for prognostications here. We have results already. The rate at which the Western societies are churning out sissified men must be eustressing for the crazy feminists.

Men created the sissified man though.

@Shymmex

Hillary Clinton only has a daughter. Condoleezza Rice has no children. Margaret Thatcher had a flamboyant son who went his own way. Those women could afford to be war-hungry lol. On a serious note, I don't think anyone, man or woman, would engage in wars if their children were on the front lines.

Some things go without saying. When one starts drawing a line and dividing who is to do what because of gender, things become more complicated. Men start dictating to women what they should and should not be doing. Women fight back, saying they can do anything and everything.
I don't think women are trying to outdo men in the corporate world though. Women receive lesser pay and face discrimination and harassment every day based on their gender.

Would women be rushing to work if men were responsible and could work to maintain his family and the home that contains them? Would men be looking for more homely wives if women were respectful and understanding of the fact that there are some duties that women should do? We only have ourselves to blame for what society has become and continues to become.

A few days ago, you created a post asking why you have to work your socks off for women. If you don't work to your fullest potential as a man, then a woman will either work to make up what you lack or find someone else who works harder than you do. Woman compliments man like a key compliments a lock.

2 Likes

Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 18, 2012
ogugua88:

@Shymmex

Hillary Clinton only has a daughter. Condoleezza Rice has no children. Margaret Thatcher had a flamboyant son who went his own way. Those women could afford to be war-hungry lol. On a serious note, I don't think anyone, man or woman, would engage in wars if their children were on the front lines.

Some things go without saying. When one starts drawing a line and dividing who is to do what because of gender, things become more complicated. Men start dictating to women what they should and should not be doing. Women fight back, saying they can do anything and everything.
I don't think women are trying to outdo men in the corporate world though. Women receive lesser pay and face discrimination and harassment every day based on their gender.

Would women be rushing to work if men were responsible and could work to maintain his family and the home that contains them? Would men be looking for more homely wives if women were respectful and understanding of the fact that there are some duties that women should do? We only have ourselves to blame for what society has become and continues to become.

A few days ago, you created a post asking why you have to work your socks off for women. If you don't work to your fullest potential as a man, then a woman will either work to make up what you lack or find someone else who works harder than you do. Woman compliments man like a key compliments a lock.

hmmm..interesting. smiley
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 18, 2012
shymmex: ^^^^You're still following me everywhere, huh?

grin smh.
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by shymex(m): 11:05pm On Jun 18, 2012
ogugua88:

@Shymmex

Oguagua, you're not a feminist - you're more of a moderate woman..

My arguments are against feminists.

1 Like

Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by ronkebp(f): 11:15pm On Jun 18, 2012
Ogugua....i really agree with the points you have raised. I was telling a co-worker today, about how majority of irresponsible men have driven the women out to fend for themselves and their children. Everything has been misplaced. You cannot really have your cake and also eat it; something has to 'give'.

Marraiges back then had a clear-cut role, the husband knows they are the sole provider, the women know their the care-takers, when the whole position has been turned upside-down, there is really nothing anyone can do. A man wants an independent wife and a 'real' wife, the truth is you can't have it all, you will either get a real woman or an independent woman, or a percentage of each with one dominating the other.

2 Likes

Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 18, 2012
shymex: Ogugua, you're not a feminist - you're more of a moderate woman..

My arguments are against feminists.

So I can't talk? undecided

Why are you complaining about feminists though? You don't see the funny irony between this your thread and the one of you complaining about having to work hard for women? Lol.

ronkebp: Ogugua....i really agree with the points you have raised. I was telling a co-worker today, about how majority of irresponsible men have driven the women out to fend for themselves and their children. Everything has been misplaced. You cannot really eat have your cake and also eat it; something has to 'give'.

Marraiges back then had a clear-cut role, the husband knows they are the sole provider, the women know their the care-takers, when the whole position has been turned upside-down, there is really nothing anyone can do. A man wants an independent wife and a 'real' wife, the truth is you can't have it all, you will either get a real woman or an independent woman, or a percentage of each with one dominating the other.

cool
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by shymex(m): 11:26pm On Jun 18, 2012
ronkebp: Ogugua....i really agree with the points you have raised. I was telling a co-worker today, about how majority of irresponsible men have driven the women out to fend for themselves and their children. Everything has been misplaced. You cannot really eat have your cake and also eat it; something has to 'give'.

I'm not talking about men who want to eat their cake and have it at the same time. My arguments are against women who thrive in the delusion that they're equal to men...

I'm talking about women who like to challenge men, when it isn't necessary.. Such women would want to prove a point, and go left, when men are going right.. No one is saying women shouldn't be independent, but some women just overdo everything to prove a pseud-point - that's unnecessary to be honest. Hence, putting themselves in a more difficult situation..
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by shymex(m): 11:28pm On Jun 18, 2012
ogugua88:

So I can't talk? undecided

Why are you complaining about feminists though? You don't see the funny irony between this your thread and the one of you complaining about having to work hard for women? Lol.

Yeah, I want women to also play a role in the family - but it becomes problematic, when they start going overboard..

There has to be a limit to everything.
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by MrsChima(f): 11:29pm On Jun 18, 2012
Why do people pull words out of the dictionary not knowing what the Bleep it means?

Feminism was about equality in life and prosperity. Women didn't have rights even if they were married.

Bleep it.
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by shymex(m): 11:31pm On Jun 18, 2012
^^^^WTF are you on about? The nerve of you, who the fvck are you?

GTFOH, retard!!
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by ronkebp(f): 11:32pm On Jun 18, 2012
shymex:

I'm not talking about men who want to eat their cake and have it at the same time. My arguments are against women who thrive in the delusion that they're equal to men...

I'm talking about women who like to challenge men, when it isn't necessary.. Such women would want to prove a point, and go left, when men are going right.. No one is saying women shouldn't be independent, but some women just overdo everything to prove a pseud-point - that's unnecessary to be honest. Hence, putting themselves in a more difficult situation..

That is one of the characteristics of a woman....they are born to overdo things because of their emotional make-up, some women who are feminist are doing it because of what they have personally suffered in the hands of men or have seen women suffer in the hands of men and because of how emotional they are, go overboard with their attitudes. The whole idea is to resent the chauvinistic men and prove to them that they are better in everyway.
Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by shymex(m): 11:38pm On Jun 18, 2012
ronkebp:
That is one of the characteristics of a woman....they are born to overdo things because of their emotional make-up, some women who are feminist are doing it because of what they have personally suffered in the hands of men or have seen women suffer in the hands of men and because of how emotional they are, go overboard with their attitudes. The whole idea is to resent the chauvinistic men and prove to them that they are better in everyway.

But how far have they gone with that? It has made the world more insane, with women being inadequate in the aspect of motherhood.. At the end of the whole pseudo-equality - the kids, and family suffer, hence, why the divorce rate has skyrocketed..

Family values are non-existent in the modern world, due to feminism...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice On How To Stop Having Sex With My GF / Top5 Reasons Men Dump Their Girlfriends After Five Or More Years Of Dating / Man Caught His Wife Sleeping Wit Their Landlady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.