Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,301 members, 7,829,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

SHOCK: Buhari Supporter Criticise Buhari Over Sowore's Re-arrest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SHOCK: Buhari Supporter Criticise Buhari Over Sowore's Re-arrest (6099 Views)

Atiku Has No Moral Basis To Criticise Buhari — Lai Mohammed / Abubakar Malami: Criticise Buhari Again And Be Crucified - Islamic Cleric / I Was Warned By Northern PDP Leader Not To Attack, Criticise Buhari Again - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SHOCK: Buhari Supporter Criticise Buhari Over Sowore's Re-arrest by Dedetwo(m): 11:51pm On Dec 06, 2019
It is a disgrace to democracy.
Re: SHOCK: Buhari Supporter Criticise Buhari Over Sowore's Re-arrest by Kingspin(m): 12:24am On Dec 07, 2019
Those who voted change made to be at the uppermost of this mess Nigeria is in.
Re: SHOCK: Buhari Supporter Criticise Buhari Over Sowore's Re-arrest by grandstar(m): 12:41am On Dec 07, 2019
omohayek:

Stop projecting your reflexive tribalism onto everyone else: Sowore has openly stated in the past that he is Ijaw, not Yoruba, while only delusional tribal-warriors like you will expect the victims of Kanu's numerous insults and threats to later come running to his defense. Only an empty-headed IPOB supporter will expect Yorubas to lift a finger for someone who used to call them "yorobastards" and "yoropigs".

I was in Lag when Sowore was union leader and he was nothing to write home about.

His cry of revolution would have whittled out once it was obvious he had no mass support behind him. Buhari has simply made him a martyr by locking him up unjustly. This is worse than killing a fly with a sledgehammer.

2 Likes

Re: SHOCK: Buhari Supporter Criticise Buhari Over Sowore's Re-arrest by Kundagarten: 3:53am On Dec 07, 2019
I didn't like Sowore before but now I'm his biggest fan. He's been fighting oppressive govt for years, I doff my hat to this great Nigerian called Sowore.
Re: SHOCK: Buhari Supporter Criticise Buhari Over Sowore's Re-arrest by omohayek: 9:38am On Dec 07, 2019
gidgiddy:

I dont recall Sowore ever saying he is Ijaw, what I recall is Sowore saying that he was born and raised in an Ijaw part of Ondo. Who is going to believe that a Yoruba sounding name like "Omoyele Sowore" from Ondo is an Ijaw man? Not even Ijaws will believe that.

So Kanu insulted Yorubas and that is why if Yorubas see injustice done by government, they should look the other way? Is it to be said that Yorubas only care about injustice when it is who they like?

I dont like Boko haram, they have killed too many, including many of my fellow Igbos. But when videos emerged of the Nigerian Army slaughtering Boko Haram suspects, I condemned it as barbaric and not justified.

If people dont start condemning injustice, whether it is who they like or not, then injustice has come to stay
You downplay the viciousness of Kanu's words by saying he "insulted" Yorubas: he outright called for Yoruba people to be killed, on multiple occasions: this is precisely the sort of vicious agitation that has led to genocide multiple times, whether in Germany or in Rwanda. Why should any Yoruba person lift a finger in support of such a person? That would be the mark of insanity.

There are many prominent Igbos whose rights would be worth championing any day (e.g. Oby Ezekwesili, or Ngozi Okonjo Iweala), but Nnamdi Kanu is most definitely not in that group. He is a hatemonger whose repeated calls for violence and open solicitation of funds to buy weapons would be illegal in any country, not just Nigeria.

Oh, and by the way, if Sowore's "Yoruba sounding name" is supposed to take precedence over his own statements about his ethnic background, do you also agree that Rotimi Amaechi is another son of Oduduwa? What about Bamidele Azikiwe? You don't get to redefine Sowore's ethnic identity on such a flimsy basis, simply to satisfy your (outright false) belief that "Yorubas" as a collective are engaged in some sort of hypocrisy in refusing to be as outraged over Nnamdi Kanu's treatment as they are about Sowore's.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SHOCK: Buhari Supporter Criticise Buhari Over Sowore's Re-arrest by Finnese001: 10:26am On Dec 07, 2019
grin
Re: SHOCK: Buhari Supporter Criticise Buhari Over Sowore's Re-arrest by gidgiddy: 10:33am On Dec 07, 2019
omohayek:

You downplay the viciousness of Kanu's words by saying he "insulted" Yorubas: he outright called for Yoruba people to be killed, on multiple occasions: this is precisely the sort of vicious agitation that has led to genocide multiple times, whether in Germany or in Rwanda. Why should any Yoruba person lift a finger in support of such a person? That would be the mark of insanity.

There are many prominent Igbos whose rights would be worth championing any day (e.g. Oby Ezekwesili, or Ngozi Okonjo Iweala), but Nnamdi Kanu is most definitely not in that group. He is a hatemonger whose repeated calls for violence and open solicitation of funds to buy weapons would be illegal in any country, not just Nigeria.

Oh, and by the way, if Sowore's "Yoruba sounding name" is supposed to take precedence over his own statements about his ethnic background, do you also agree that Rotimi Amaechi is another son of Oduduwa? What about Bamidele Azikiwe? You don't get to redefine Sowore's ethnic identity on such a flimsy basis, simply to satisfy your (outright false) belief that "Yorubas" as a collective are engaged in some sort of hypocrisy in refusing to be as outraged over Nnamdi Kanu's treatment as they are about Sowore's.

Then that means that Yorubas only condemn injustice if it is who they like. As I said in a previous thread, Boko Haram have killed many people including my fellow Igbos. I hate Boko Haram. But when a video of Nigerian Army slaughtering captured Boko Haram suspects emerged, I condemned it because it is wrong and not justified. If injustice is what you speak out against based on who you like then it is worthless. Kanu has done nothing but talk.

People should learn to put petty sentiments aside and condemn injustice whenever and wherever it happens. If we cant do that then we are all wasting our time as a nation
Re: SHOCK: Buhari Supporter Criticise Buhari Over Sowore's Re-arrest by omohayek: 11:05am On Dec 07, 2019
gidgiddy:

Then that means that Yorubas only condemn injustice if it is who they like. As I said in a previous thread, Boko Haram have killed many people including my fellow Igbos. I hate Boko Haram. But when a video of Nigerian Army slaughtering captured Boko Haram suspects emerged, I condemned it because it is wrong and not justified. If injustice is what you speak out against based on who you like then it is worthless. Kanu has done nothing but talk.

People should learn to put petty sentiments aside and condemn injustice whenever and wherever it happens. If we cant do that then we are all wasting our time as a nation
So, in your delusional world, Jews refusing to come to the support of a Hitler-wannabe would mean "they only condemn injustice if it is who they like"? And hey, why does everybody rag on Hitler all the time anyway? He never personally killed a single person in his entire life - all he ever did was talk!

You are so lost in your IPOB propaganda world that no amount of reason or evidence is ever likely to reach you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SHOCK: Buhari Supporter Criticise Buhari Over Sowore's Re-arrest by gidgiddy: 11:28am On Dec 07, 2019
omohayek:

So, in your delusional world, Jews refusing to come to the support of a Hitler-wannabe would mean "they only condemn injustice if it is who they like"? And hey, why does everybody rag on Hitler all the time anyway? He never personally killed a single person in his entire life - all he ever did was talk!

You are so lost in your IPOB propaganda world that no amount of reason or evidence is ever likely to reach you.

People like want to twist facts just to justify backward mentality. Condemnation of injustice should not be based on whether you like the persons face. You either condemn injustice wherever it happens or admit that you are a hypocrite who picks and chooses when to denounce wrong.

How did Hitler come into this? Hitler sent troops to battle who killed for him. Nnamdi Kanu is an unarmed man who killed nobody and nobody has ever killed for him.
Re: SHOCK: Buhari Supporter Criticise Buhari Over Sowore's Re-arrest by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 07, 2019
mrvitalis:

Give me my own I would gladly collect I deserve it
Oya take it

Re: SHOCK: Buhari Supporter Criticise Buhari Over Sowore's Re-arrest by orunto27: 1:10pm On Dec 07, 2019
Pharaoh had Cabal too. And they pushed him and all his Chariot into The Red Sea.

The Lord is Patient.
Re: SHOCK: Buhari Supporter Criticise Buhari Over Sowore's Re-arrest by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 08, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
Aide Ko, Aide Ni... Mtcheeew!

Ma please please just read my post

Please i'm a student in my 400level already.

Facing huge financial problems, i had a personal rift with my uncle and he has distanced himself from continuing to pay my school fees

It is a long story, i am appealing to anyone who cares to please help me to pay my school fees of N25,600. I will be eternal grateful and once i finish studying pharmacy and become employed i can pay you back.

Ma, please even if you want me to become a Buharist and supporter on this platform i don't mind.

I am igbo from ebonyi state. Please Ma help me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Jamiu Asuku Receives Northern Youths As The Endorse Yahaya Bello's Bid / Section 137: What Does The Law Say About Tinubu's Drug Case In the U.S? / Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.