Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore (7388 Views)

Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack: VP Osinbajo Arrives In Kaduna / Cameroon Commends Nigeria For Rearrest Of Nnamdi Kanu / Aisha Blast Buhari Over Rearrest Of Nnamdi Kanu -see What She Said (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by Johnwhiteceo(f): 5:25pm On Dec 06, 2019
Nigerians have come for Nigeria's Vice President Yemi Osinbajo because of his silence following the impunity being showcased by men of the Department of State Services who violently rearrested activist Omoyele Sowore less than 24 hours after he was released.

The officials of DSS reportedly stormed the courtroom, causing pandemonium at the court and physically assaulting Mr Sowore, forcing the judge, Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu to take cover in the courtroom.

Ojukwu had earlier ordered the SSS to release Sowore within 24 hours and also pay him N100,000 for improper legal conduct. The SSS then released Mr Sowore only for him and his co-defendant to be violently re-arrested.

Lambasting the Vice President, Nigerians questioned his job as a Professor of Law and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria for allowing such abuse of the judicial process.

See some reactions from Twitter below;

Activist and Social Commentator on Nigerian and international affairs, Kayode Ogundamisi in a lengthy message written to President Buhari and Vice President Osinbajo said the DSS act is an embarrassment to those who support the government but ultimately a display of misuse of power and lawlessness.

He said, “Dear President Buhari and Vice President Osinbajo. Invading the court premises to re-arrest Sowore will go down as one of the low points of this government, it is an embarrassment to those of us who support the government but ultimately a display of misuse of power and lawlessness, to the few sane people in government, it is your duty to protest from within. It’s either you have 5th columnist within the government or the government itself care less about the rule of law. #FreeSowore and others now.”

@BhadmusAkeem said “Yele Sowore rearrested by The DSS. Muhammadu Buhari & Yemi Osinbajo rode on the Anti Corruption & Regard for Rule of Law platform to campaign & win 2015 election. I never knew a day like this will come! 2023 is not that far sha! I hope Nigerians will come together & act right”

@SamuelOgundipe said “When SSS attempted to break into the National Assembly, Acting President Osinbajo fired its director-general within a few hours. Today, SSS actually broke into a federal courtroom with guns, traumatising judges and citizens. Sowore’s case has finally boxed President Buhari in.”

@MONSIEURBLAC said, “If the Lagos NBA has any balls, they ought to rescind Osinbajo’s invitation to the Lagos NBA Dinner.”

@badniggafela said “Just a reminder. Vice President Osinbajo is a Senior Pastor and he’s also a SAN.”

@tonymourinho said “With the way Buhari and Osinbajo are running this country, Just look at the Sowore incident today, you will know it’s just a matter of time. I fear if we will get to 2023 as Nigeria. #ThingsFallApart Falana”

@UnclePamilerin said “Academics Osinbajo can do Alots bro…. Mr Buhari doesn’t need to give Academics Osinbajo the permission to intervene in the DSS vs Osinbajo brouhaha. This is absolutely shitty”

@smartemuobor said “If i were Osinbajo i will resign, especially when my constituent which I am supposed to be a Professor of is being desecrated by my superior daily. According to @Mazigburugburu1 “If you think that there is still a country, your mumu is anointed.”#Osinbajo #Sowore”

@prayziz said “Lol Keyamo, Sagay and Osinbajo are clowns sha. I hope people never forget the roles they played in legitimizing this nonsense.”

@Alvinuzor said “The lowest of the tyrant Buhari is not with the Vice President, Osinbajo issue but The DSS official holding Sowore down in Court after interrupting court proceedings #ThingsFallApart indeed, the center can not longer hold. No Democracy, no Rule of law and the Judiciary is messy.”

@MrOdanz said “If Osinbajo dares say anything about DSS that he is not authorized to say, he will stop receiving his Monthly salary/allowance. Are Nigerians ready to pay him his wages? What are the extents of Osinbajo’s powers pls? What can he do? He is not Atiku who was a renowned Politician before being VP. He has no money. He has no powerful family name. He is just Tinubu’s “lieutenant” in Aso Rock. What can he do biko?”

@FeralJack_ said “Osibanjo cannot resign, the least he can do right now is stand up to the DSS on how they’ve defiled the court of law. Condemn their actions! Stand alone. I actually feel Osibanjo doesn’t know the extent of his powers or he does but someone somewhere is telling him to behave because of the grand plan

@TheAaronAlasa said “I wonder if Osinbajo can come back to UNILAG and teach constitutional law � the Morris

@Morris_Monye said “NBA is dead! I am hearing that they are even hosting Osinbajo in a few weeks.”

@OyindaSalaudeen said “We are really going to allow Falana to be the only one speaking on behalf of the legal profession in Nigeria. NBA is doing what ?

@YoungOtutu said “Sadly, amidst the lawlessness: The Vice president, Osinbajo they say is a Prof of law. The President, Buhari they say is a reformed democrat. The Judiciary they say is equal to the executive. Nigeria they say is a democratic nation.”

@MrOdanz said “Buhari holds the keys to DSS jail, he decides who goes in and out. He has Ahmad Lawal by his balls, the courts are under his feet, Osinbajo is on his knees because he has no balls. Nigeria is being held hostage by a dictator in turtleneck Kaftan.”

@nigeriasbest said “Hope….Tinubu, Fayemi, Fashola, Osinbajo are all silent because they hope Buhari will handover to them. Elrufai is silent because he hopes to inherit the type of tyrannical power that Buhari possesses. At the end of the day, things could end in a flash just like Abacha…”

@JiboyeToluwani said “You have disappointed your generation and the coming one. I am a nobody yet and I know you all won’t send anyone to arrest me, but one day I would stand out tall and say it to the world that you failed.”

@OluniyiGates said “Unpopular opinion: Osinbajo is helpless too and if he resigns, they’ll just replace him with someone worse. From his own personal precedent when he was in control and sacked the DSS DG when the DSS invaded the NASS, you can tell he doesn’t support his principal’s actions.”

@UnclePamilerin said “Biko is Osinbajo the new DSS DG because of all this insult, I’m not understanding. Have you forgotten we still have a President, and Osinbajo cannot do anything without the President Approval?

@Solar_unique said “The way some of you always drop the name of VP Osinbajo anytime issues like this come up explains your ignorance. You people don’t know the limit of the office of the VP in Nigeria? Have you forgotten how he sacked the DG of DSS when he was acting President? Kai.”

Source: https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/12/nigerians-attack-vp-osinbajo-over.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by Johnwicky(m): 5:28pm On Dec 06, 2019
Well its shameful sad

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by Siberia01(m): 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2019
cool
I see nothing wrong in re -arresting Sowore
baba has always wanted the good of the country
just like
idi amin dada of Uganda

18 Likes

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by Johnwhiteceo(f): 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by angelEmade: 5:30pm On Dec 06, 2019
what more do you expect from an audio VP?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by willjoe: 5:31pm On Dec 06, 2019
The Buhari maladministration keeps breaking the records. Never has it been a person will be forcibly arrested within the court, not even in a military regime.

The world is watching. The law, courts, and justice have been sent on compulsive holiday in Nigeria. One wonders what the future is for prospective lawyers if one of Falana's pedigree is subject to harassment.

The DSS is shaping up speedily in becoming gangsters. In the future, historians will make a good comparison of Hitler's Gestapo, Mussolini's Black Shirts, and Buhari's DSS.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by LegendHero(m): 5:32pm On Dec 06, 2019
Like I said in the other thread, the Yorubas should not even bother about the deaf Buhari online coz it’s already evident that he’s totally deluded.

However Osinbajo and Tinubu should be attacked online henceforth, we should all swan their pages or their residence to vent our anger against them coz they have failed as Yoruba leaders.

Even if they are part of the government and trying to not talk to condemn their government, they should at least work in the background to free this Sowore coz no matter what he’s a Yoruba and an asset to us.

Osinbajo will not know peace until he speaks up to this act of tyranny.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by ursullalinda(f): 5:33pm On Dec 06, 2019
Men Osibanjo need to disassociate himself from this mess
Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by Snipper007: 5:36pm On Dec 06, 2019
Let soworeeee remain there 4 ever I won't give a f*uck aftrrall he helped buhari gain power with his Sahara group grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by LegendHero(m): 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2019
Snipper007:
Let soworeeee remain there 4 ever I won't give a f*uck aftrrall he helped buhari gain power with his Sahara group grin

Jonathan zombie, how are you different from the Buhari zombies?

Your f*ck don’t count and it’s as useless as cow dung.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by NGpatriot: 5:39pm On Dec 06, 2019
Useless people, what's the VP's business with this issue?

The usual hateful people are always looking for excuses and opportunity to hate and insult the VP.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by Annie939(f): 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2019
VP has no say in this administration it's a pity

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by DamiBukola: 5:48pm On Dec 06, 2019
Johnwicky:
Well its shameful sad
how is it shameful? He was among those who cooked the pot of soup he is been served with.

I guess most of you would have celebrated this day if Sowore was a PDP member. Hypocrites!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by Tochi3(m): 5:49pm On Dec 06, 2019
Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 06, 2019
I remember, just like yesterday, how Sowere used Sahara Reporters to abuse Jonathan and helped fuel the ousting of that Government.

And I also remember Mr. Karma.

This is the Change, he wanted, and he is being served.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by WalkerMichael(m): 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hmmm. Do we have a VP in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by Tochi3(m): 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2019
@MrOdanz said “Buhari holds the keys to DSS jail, he decides who goes in and out. He has Ahmad Lawal by his balls, the courts are under his feet, Osinbajo is on his knees because he has no balls. Nigeria is being held hostage by a dictator in turtleneck Kaftan.”
[/quote] grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by obidark: 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2019
LegendHero:
Like I said in the other thread, the Yorubas should not even bother about the deaf Buhari online coz it’s already evident that he’s totally deluded.

However Osinbajo and Tinubu should be attacked online henceforth, we should all swan their pages or their residence to vent our anger against them coz they have failed as Yoruba leaders.

Even if they are part of the government and trying to not talk to condemn their government, they should at least work in the background to free this Sowore coz no matter what he’s a Yoruba and an asset to us.

Osinbajo will not know peace until he speaks up to this act of tyranny.

and which that of power do people like you think a president and vp has in a democracy....??
Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by LegendHero(m): 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2019
obidark:

and which that of power do people like you think a president and vp has in a democracy....??

It is not a matter of constitutional power bro. It’s a matter of speaking truth to power.

See bro, I’m ashamed of Osinbajo and Tinubu. If they don’t all rise up to work in the background to convince the deaf president to release this guy then they have failed us completely.

There should be something somewhere they could say to stop all this madness, Buhari is already deaf so it’s better we appeal to those that still have conscience like Osinbajo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by obidark: 5:59pm On Dec 06, 2019
LegendHero:

It is not a matter of constitutional power bro. It’s a matter of speaking truth to power.

See bro, I’m ashamed of Osinbajo and Tinubu. If they don’t all rise up to work in the background to convince the deaf president to release this guy then they have failed us completely.

There should be something somewhere they could say to stop all this madness, Buhari is already deaf so it’s better we appeal to those that still have conscience like Osinbajo.

and why should they do that and defend him....??
didnt they warned him over and over again....??

no nation on earth would allow what he tried....
apc was voted in by people....

you cant be callin for a revolution now after you even contested yourself....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by mzBEAM(f): 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2019
Osinbajo is just useless like the P in Psychology.
Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by obidark: 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2019
if you south easterners were smart,you would have threw your support for sowore and not atiku....

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by Paperwhite(m): 6:04pm On Dec 06, 2019
VP Osinbajo knows the battle he has been fighting but he claims there is no love between him & these tyrannt his is governing Nigeria together with.
Well, let him continue to sit idle and unconcerned about the anarchy, impunity and lawlessness going on in this nation.He has a day with posterity & God.
Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by clarocuzioo(m): 6:04pm On Dec 06, 2019
Q
Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by ZombieTERROR: 6:06pm On Dec 06, 2019
sad

They should free the man jare

Person wey never get himself from cabal mahandling...
The man is passing through hell as VP..
He has no say... No power.. No authority

Just an audio VP collecting stipends
Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by LegendHero(m): 6:09pm On Dec 06, 2019
obidark:

and why should they do that and defend him....??
didnt they warned him over and over again....??

no nation on earth would allow what he tried....
apc was voted in by people....

you cant be callin for a revolution now after you even contested yourself....

Bro we understood he abused almost all of them at first but there is a saying in Yoruba that says “Omo eni koni buru titi kale fekun paje”.

Do you know many times have the Miyetti Allah and the Arewa youth have heated up the polity? Should we because Sowore’s approach is different abandon our own?

Nigeria is not a cohesive country and it will still break up no matter how we try to nurse it. However keeping quiet in the midst of all this by any Yoruba will be a sin against humanity coz Buhari and the APC Yoruba caucus are taking us for granted.
Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by Tajbol4splend(m): 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2019
Only if Yar Adua had lived, we might be enjoying the country but instead we fell into the hands of two evils, first one who doesn't see stealing as corruption and the other who has no iota of respect for the rule of law, isorai.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by obidark: 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2019
LegendHero:

Bro we understood he abused almost all of them at first but there is a saying in Yoruba that says “Omo eni koni buru titi kale fekun paje”.

Do you know many times have the Miyetti Allah and the Arewa youth have heated up the polity? Should we because Sowore’s approach is different abandon our own?

Nigeria is not a cohesive country and it will still break up no matter how we try to nurse it. However keeping quiet in the midst of all this by any Yoruba will be a sin against humanity coz Buhari and the APC Yoruba caucus are taking us for granted.

you are not yoruba....
Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by NGpatriot: 6:24pm On Dec 06, 2019
LegendHero:

Be careful what you wish for, you shouldn't be asking or demanding for people to intervene to alter institutional proceedings and issues relating to independent institutions just because you don't like certain actions of theirs.

You don't want to go down that road or set a dangerous precedence.

Tinubu is not a government official so what's his business with official government business?

The VP is not in charge of the DSS and he shouldn't be anywhere near the DSS regardless of their actions, the issue should be resolved by the president, the AG and the head of the DSS.

You can not be wailing about democracy while advocating undemocratic actions, that's very contradictory and hypocritical.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by MrBachelor: 6:43pm On Dec 06, 2019
"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor" - Desmond Tutu.

It is obvious the spineless VP has taken sides with the tyrant and his cabal.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by leofab(f): 6:46pm On Dec 06, 2019
Audio VP might get more Than that if he talks rubbish
Re: Nigerians Attack VP Osinbajo Over Rearrest Of Omoyele Sowore by ZZ22: 6:55pm On Dec 06, 2019
NGpatriot:

Be careful what you wish for, you shouldn't be asking or demanding for people to intervene to alter institutional proceedings and issues relating to independent institutions just because you don't like certain actions of theirs.

You don't want to go down that road or set a dangerous precedence.

Tinubu is not a government official so what's his business with official government business?

The VP is not in charge of the DSS and he shouldn't be anywhere near the DSS regardless of their actions, the issue should be resolved by the president, the AG and the head of the DSS.

You can not be wailing about democracy while advocating undemocratic actions, that's very contradictory and hypocritical.

shots fired

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FBI Released Whatsapp Conversation Between Super Cop Abba Kyari And Hushpuppi. / 2023 Budget Is Hopeless - Ezekwesili / Omoyele Sowore: Wicked Leaders Must Be Offloaded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.