Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,932 members, 7,817,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? (10931 Views)

Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? / Hazard V Kagawa. Players To Watch Out For Next Season / Mourinhood: The Makings Of Mourinho's Controversial Red Cards (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by medjai(m): 11:17am On Nov 26, 2010
Did Mourinho instruct his players to get sent off? Of course he did. It's Mourinho, his personal mantra is "win at all cost". Isnt he the same man that resorts to puerility in the name of 'mind games' before matches as part of his tactics? Isnt he the same man that would play a 10 - 0 - 0 formation? Isnt he the man that would hide in some corner when he should be serving suspension? and the same man that declared himself Real Madrid coach while Pellegrini was in charge?
It's very like Mourinho to be unsportsmanlike. Are other managers unaware of subtle ways of manoeuvering loopholes in the rules of the game to the advantage of their sides? They're not, they are just being fair.

It's football, it should be about fairplay
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by A40(m): 11:20am On Nov 26, 2010
You guys should acknowledge Genius when you see it and stop talking via your collective rectums. He saw a loophole in the law and exploited it!! Why should cards copped at Group stages count in the Knockout rounds? Why cant they be wiped off and players given a clean slate
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by emyworld: 11:37am On Nov 26, 2010
@StarBoard

you are a big fool. I know you hate mourinho but at the same time you have failed to even sanitize your thinking process, you molehole. You are such a slowpoke. I know people like you always bend the rules when it favours you. Idiotic element.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by ritchboy(m): 11:56am On Nov 26, 2010
Disgraceful behavior from a disgraceful manager. . . Is this news?
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by dyabman(m): 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2010
Mourinho is controversial so is his players sometimes. . .
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2010
^^^^
Genius indeed.That word is thrown around so loosely I don't know what it means anymore.
If everybody was doing it like JM,how would it look like?Or is JM the first person to think about exploiting it since the advent of the rule?
Don't you think some other managers might have considered the idea previously?

emyworld:

@StarBoard

you are a big fool. I know you hate mourinho but at the same time you have failed to even sanitize your thinking process, you molehole. You are such a not-so-smart person. I know people like you always bend the rules when it favours you. Idiotic element.
No need responding to a waste of Sperm.
Unapologetic simpletons like you have access to internet,and the world hears rubbish.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by emyworld: 1:10pm On Nov 26, 2010
apologetic for what? you are insane. retarded starboard. u watch matches with your anus. oponu oloshi, omo jati jati
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by AjanleKoko: 1:10pm On Nov 26, 2010
Jose would probably get away with it anyway. I think he just likes to be overly dramatic. Media antics is his playground, though he is a good tactician.
Let's wait and see what'll happen.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 26, 2010
emyworld:

apologetic for what? you are insane. not-so-smart starboard. u watch matches with your anus. oponu oloshi, omo jati jati
. . .sigh. . .
look at this infant. . .you can't even decipher what I'm saying. . .
at least you admit to being a simpleton. . .I guess ignorance should be your middle name. . .
Like I said,you dad should not have bothered meeting with your mum the night you were concieved,judging from your senseless and empty posts. . .

No need to respond to a social outcast. . .when you're through trying to attract a fight with me,maybe you'll give up. . .
Until you make sense for once and somebody agrees with you,you're just a village-square i.diot . . .
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 26, 2010
Freedom of expression should be subject to an IQ test.
First person to undergo such should be the non-entity called emyworld. . .
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by emyworld: 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2010
hahahahahahahahaahaahahah, starboard, the man with little education. I understand you are representing your constituency, "league of illiterates". let the worst days of your life come upon you.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by emyworld: 1:44pm On Nov 26, 2010
@ Starboard

I dont need to see you phisically. You so dumb and folish. Remember, you are already dying of acute brain cancer. Watch your steps before you die. The hottest part of hellfire awaits you. "He who does not know, and does not know he does not know what he thinks he knows is not only an educated fool but a compound idiot", this is you starboard. toddler.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by emyworld: 1:45pm On Nov 26, 2010
I dont need to see you phisically. You so dumb and folish. Remember, you are already dying of acute brain cancer. Watch your steps before you die. The hottest part of hellfire awaits you. "He who does not know, and does not know he does not know what he thinks he knows is not only an educated fool but a compound idiot ", this is you starboard. toddler.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by emyworld: 1:46pm On Nov 26, 2010
I dont need to see you phisically. You so dumb and folish. Remember, you are already dying of acute brain cancer. Watch your steps before you die. The hottest part of hellfire awaits you. "He who does not know, and does not know he does not know what he thinks he knows is not only an educated fool but a compound Idiot", this is you starboard. toddler.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by newdeal(m): 1:47pm On Nov 26, 2010
@ Ajanlekoko,
Jose would probably get away with it anyway.

The last may not have been heard yet, reports yesterday had it that the coach and 4 of his players involved in this 'tactics' have been charged by UEFA for improper conduct following an investigation into the event. Mourinho is being accused of instructing Alonso and Ramos to pick up the red cards, while goal-keeper Iker Casillas and one other player Jerzy Dudec were charged for allegedly relaying the coach's instructions. As expected, 'the special one' has denied the charges.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 26, 2010
emyworld:

I dont need to see you phisically. You so dumb and[b] folish[/b]. Remember, you are already dying of acute brain cancer. Watch your steps before you die. The hottest part of hellfire awaits you. "He who does not know, and does not know he does not know what he thinks he knows is not only an educated fool but a compound ", this is you starboard. toddler.

Unapologetic simpleton,you nor dey tire to dey show yourself as a thug and a low-life?
Go and do the IQ test before you post here,and show us the result.
Simple spellings,you can't even do.
Simple grammar,you can't even speak.
Why am I wasting my time with an intellectual toddler?
When you know how to write properly,get back to me tongue
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 26, 2010
emyworld:

The hottest part of hellfire awaits you. "
If I go there,I'll surely meet you and your already rotten and decaying ancestors over there. . .so spare me the sermon,especially when you don't have anything good to show me,bloody hypocrite. . .
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by emyworld: 5:31pm On Nov 26, 2010
Nothing happened to henry's hand of God.
Nothing happened to Suarez's hand of God
Nothing happened to maradona's hand of God
Nothing happened to de gong's kung fu against Alonso
Nothing happened to Valdez's taichi kick against copenhagen
Nothing happened to Alves delibrate yellow card

and in all cases no investigation was done.
double standards.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by emyworld: 5:33pm On Nov 26, 2010
And here's coach Vicente Del Bosque's reaction:

“I think the players did the right thing, as they had to think about future games. Perhaps the 'staging' was not ideal, and I do not know if it is unsportsmanlike, but they have to think about their future, and I think they acted correctly.”
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by A40(m): 5:34pm On Nov 26, 2010
StarBoard:

^^^^
Genius indeed.That word is thrown around so loosely I don't know what it means anymore.
If everybody was doing it like JM,how would it look like?Or is JM the first person to think about exploiting it since the advent of the rule?
Don't you think some other managers might have considered the idea previously?
No need responding to a waste of spermatozoa.
Unapologetic simpletons like you have access to internet,and the world hears rubbish.

Why are you crying like a fake thug that just got his chain took? Even UEFA & Ajax have not complained so what concerneth you? This is a proper case of cunning man die cunning man bury am

As for whether he is a genius or not well lemme just say you are not the first person to question that! Your predecessors who asked that question last season had their heads shoved up their a$$es last May when he won everything in European Football they are probably still tasting their own $hit

Even a Man U fan has an opinion on fairplay??  shocked shocked A club that had a serial diver and future Academy Award Winner in CR7 and has a player who specializes in sneaking behind goalies to score cheap goals. There is a word for y'all ooh! Its starts with an H and ends with an E. Thats food for thought dawg get a plate  grin grin
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by emyworld: 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2010
i can never apologise for being who i am. I love football and can rightly say am an aficianado
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by emyworld: 5:40pm On Nov 26, 2010
@A-40

Men that starboard guy is damn foolish. his arguments are so false. i personally think he has a disease in the brain. Ah!!! he thinks from his anus. i have decided to ignore him no matter what he says. its a pity some of my threads are being deleted and therefore not published. someone is tampering with my statements. He thinks am like him. Starboard go Bleep yourself.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by 1025: 12:14am On Nov 27, 2010
Your entire post is an error and an abberation.You're just rambling on and on,without making any sense in relation to the topic at hand.Anyone who agrees with you based on the pathetic piece above needs mental help.

@starboard,
when did u become the moderator? who are u to determine when i make sense or not? why is it always easy for mentally derailed imbeciles to call others mad?
a footballer match is played for 90mins and a home team is 4 - 0 down 7 mins to the end of the match, what else will the home team be playing for? if it is called delay tactice and it is a crime, no player or coach can deny of not been guilty.
suarez the captain of ajax denied ghana a record winning sa2010 when he keep the ball with his hands just to prevent a goal. what happened? a red card and that's what the law says with none of u here calling for his head.
if real madrid players delayed the game, the law says give them yellow cards and that was what the ref did.
wenger said we don't want to be seeing such in football yet he was the one condeming uefa fifth official. will the laws be diverted just to suit u and wenger.
i mentioned wenger because he complains about everything. if his team did not score, he will say the oponent team played defensive football. if there is any tackle against his players, he will say it was deliberate but when it is his player, he will say it was not intentional.
mourinho is a progrssive. he has proved himself in different leagues and that what makes a great coach.
mourinho and his inter team where fought, insulted and all that by barca last season, how many of u came here to say no to that shameful act that even water taps were opened against them. where was platini and uefa?
when ovrebo displayed the worst officiating of a ref in standford bridge, what did arsenal and platini say? what is the big deal about delay tactics in football? is it mourinho's problem if wenger does not win things.
pls to prove that u are not the mad one here, what charges are u laying against mourinho and which coach or team in football does not delay games if they are winning?
did mourinho issue the red cards to his players or the ref did?
when loosers talk, u will know and whenever a madman talk, u don't waste time to notice.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Dsense(m): 12:31am On Nov 27, 2010
^^Pls ignore all these so called dense NLanders who re always agailst the fact!!!
If the man used his tactis to overcome playing in the next round without 2 of his best players then they should sue him to court!
What's a biggy here ?What has Morinho done to be called all these names but the man brought up new idea or tactis for figuring out a speciffic issue .No biggy here.
And those that claim he's a big attention seeker, this is ur thought and u can always keep fooling around with it.Once some1 is perfect at his job or task he doesn't need to seek for attention but it comes unexpectedly either u want it or not.So why calling him a big attention seeker? Pls let him seek attention jor, He's d ''special one''
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by 1025: 12:42am On Nov 27, 2010
^^Pls ignore all these so called dense NLanders who re always agailst the fact!!!
If the man used his tactis to overcome playing in the next round without 2 of his best players then they should sue him to court!
What's a biggy here ?What has Morinho done to be called all these names but the man brought up new idea or tactis for figuring out a speciffic issue .No biggy here.
And those that claim he's a big attention seeker, this is your thought and u can always keep fooling around with it.Once some1 is perfect at his job or task he doesn't need to seek for attention but it comes unexpectedly either u want it or not.So why calling him a big attention seeker? Pls let him seek attention jor, He's d ''special one''

@D-sense,
u are the bomb. mourinho has grown so big that even those who hate him cannot afford to ignore him.
mourinho came to england and made his marks. he went to italy and made his marks. he is already making waves in spain. who else has this courage to step where self aclaimed great coaches are afraid to go. madrid promised wenger heaven and earth to come and be their coach but he refused, he was afraid of competition so settled for the club that does not disturb him for not winning anything in 5 yrs.
real madrid coaching job is a hot seat and not for half hearted men.
another name for caoches is racticians.
mourinho has what it takes to break down walls so calling him name does not change his status. he used his tactics against chelsea and it worked. he used it with the almighty barcelona and it worked so what else will a man do if he was able to bring down the english champions and spainish champions?
he is a tested and trusted coach and his records speaks for him.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Dsense(m): 12:58am On Nov 27, 2010
^^Exactly ,U re correct!
Like u said those beefing him have no choice they just have to continue the beefing cause they re just envious by nature . . ,  Which is not going to change anything but only makes the special 1 keep getting more fame.
My main Club is Chelsea while ma second club is Madrid ''Since 2002,Is not that i just picked up madrid recently''. ,  . So when this man was at stamfdbridge,He did what we never expected from him or not expecting at that moment . . .And he didn't do it once but twise plus other trophies he won for us . . .All these were achieved during the short time he spend in England . . . The same guy headed to Italy . . .He won League the Italian Cup Plus the most expensive trophy in Europe : Champions league. . . . .He later headed to Spain making waves up till date,building up the magis team which many coaches failed to conduct all these yrs,earning good points with the team he created whith his tactics  . . . . .What else!
Why beefing him!
BUT PPL WILL always REMAIN PPL !
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by usbcable(m): 8:00am On Nov 27, 2010
Out of all the coaches in this decade in Madridismo's history only one made his intent known that he wants to coach the ''club of the century''--i.e the special one.
No one coach even when not coaching was being chased around for interviews and his opinions about football and football issues and events as much as Felix Jose Mourinho.
No one coach exist that the journalists love to hear him talk when he wins or when he looses as much as G.I.Mou.

He is the best. And the best never runs away from any test. On the pitch, off the field.
All hail Mourinhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
even platini they fear the guy grin.just joking.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by mystikal(m): 9:04am On Nov 27, 2010
JM took advantage of a flaw in the yellow card system. It is like any good defence lawyer working the system to get his client exonerated - a perfectly LEGAL way of doing things.

My problem is with the acting. Madrid I am disappointed. You have no excuse for such unoriginal theatrics. Ok, you're going to exploit the rules. Fine. but don't mess it up for everybody else that will try it later  grin.

Mourinho enjoys assuming he is 'smart' anyway, If he was a Student in a Nigerian Univeristy, I am 99.99% sure, he will cheat to pass exams
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by rasputinn(m): 9:55am On Nov 27, 2010
He's a master strategist.If he did,he needs to be commended as a soccer Cicero
All y'all ranting blah blah about footie being about fair play,tell me what could be fairer(to Ajax) than giving your opponents a 2-man advantage,at least they should've utilised it

Oh please don't tell me any bullcrap conspiracy theory of doing it to get their group stage suspensions outta the way as the UCL moves into the knock-out stages,just DONT

JM is genius
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by mamagee3(f): 11:30pm On Nov 27, 2010
^^Who dash am master-strategist?
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by ritchboy(m): 12:43am On Nov 28, 2010
I think "genius" has a different meaning on Nairaland. . . Or what is genius about getting yourself and 4 of your players charged by UEFA? On the contrary, it is the height of stupidity.

It could have been avoided(or at least reduced a few notches) if Mourinho had just told em "if we are comfortably ahead get yourself sent off", before the game.

If Dudek and Casillas get suspended, who will play in goal? Ronaldo? cheesy

You know, Mourinho is not quite as smart as he thinks he is.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by eldee(m): 2:12am On Nov 28, 2010
ritchboy:

I think "genius" has a different meaning on Nairaland. . . Or what is genius about getting yourself and 4 of your players charged by UEFA? On the contrary, it is the height of stupidity.

It could have been avoided(or at least reduced a few notches) if Mourinho had just told em "if we are comfortably ahead get yourself sent off", before the game.

If Dudek and Casillas get suspended, who will play in goal? Ronaldo? cheesy

You know, Mourinho is not quite as smart as he thinks he is.

Mourinho is genius, it's not his fault that the acting was crappy. . . it's just like asking Jim Iyke to star in a movie directed by Tarantino, does that make Tarantino less of a genius?? He worked it perfectly, at the end of the day, if not for the fact that this was JM, they won't be on this witch-hunt.

By the way you do know that his defence is going to be 'I told my players to waste time since we were ahead, and the referee got annoyed'.
Time-wasting is an accepted part of technical footie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nottingham Forest Vs Liverpool FA Cup (0 - 1) On 20th March 2022 / Arsenal Vs Leicester City (2 - 1) On 10th February 2015 / Feyenoord Vs Manchester City : UCL (0 - 4) On 13th September 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.