Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? (10914 Views)

Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? / Hazard V Kagawa. Players To Watch Out For Next Season / Mourinhood: The Makings Of Mourinho's Controversial Red Cards (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by aieromon(m): 4:56am On Nov 28, 2010
What i don't get is why Wenger had to respond to a journalist's question about the incident,especially after losing a match.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by tkb417(m): 8:28am On Nov 28, 2010
Wasting time in footie isn't technically wrong in footie and if Madrid players knew they we'ree gonna get sent off for doing it, then so be it.

The way and manner it was done is stupid tho and the attention drawn to it is uncalled for

And as per Jose, brilliant coach but genius? Who is a genius?
Fck shyte, it means another thing ehn?

@starboard
U too dey let everybody throw @ u. Dey cool down mehn

Ur point on fairplay is on point but u know any player/coach would work d system to win a game at all cost- case in point Suarez who got a red to deny Ghana of a place in history. These things happen in football and if UEFA don't want it, let dem do somethn about it

And did anyone say Ronaldo dives?

Who doesn't? If we are to look for the greatest cheat in football, it must be one of the veterans Arsenal FC produced. Henry is a great diver and recently, he added another cap to his feathers with his superb hand of god

Make una dey use una head once in a while
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by eldee(m): 10:34am On Nov 28, 2010
tkb417:

Wasting time in footie isn't technically wrong in footie and if Madrid players knew they we'ree gonna get sent off for doing it, then so be it.

The way and manner it was done is silly tho and the attention drawn to it is uncalled for

And as per Jose, brilliant coach but genius? Who is a genius?
Fck shyte, it means another thing ehn?

As I said, it's an intelligent move that no one had thought of before now. . .he's players were just bad actors.
At least I'll take that over breaking someone's leg intentionally for a red card.

Is Mourinho a genius?? Forget all his achievements on the pitch, and his influence on European football, he's turned the English media into his puppets, no one in history has ever achieved that. . . not even Cameron grin grin
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by AjanleKoko: 10:41am On Nov 28, 2010
eldee:

Is Mourinho a genius?? Forget all his achievements on the pitch, and his influence on European football, he's turned the English media into his puppets, no one in history has ever achieved that. . . not even Cameron grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by kenureevz(m): 11:23am On Nov 28, 2010
There's nothing wrong with having a foresight of a probable outcome and avoiding a bad outcome using effective patterns or means.This is what most managers lack,this what makes morinho 'The special one'.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#000099][/color][list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by 1025: 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2010
it is really unfortunate that ajax could not use 2 men advantage against madrid rather turn to be complainants. what did fifa and uefa do when suarez deliberately used his hands in stopping ghana in sa2010? red card only so let uefa use their red cards and stop boring us.
tactician according to Oxford Advance Learner's Dictorniary is a person who is very clever at planing the best way to achieve something.
is mourinho who a tactician? yes and a successful one at that.
if fifa law says a player who delays the game is entitled to a yellow card, i think the ref did not fail. if law says when two players act in the same manner, it will be punished by death via hanging, then let them go ahead.
it will be funny to see uefa to start and new law today because madrid skillfully via their tactician avoided the absence of ramos and alonso in the knockout stages.
it is believed that arsenal is a possible oponent of madrid in the next round and that accounts for why the press took their camera to wenger who in the past has been confirmed a Viewer by this same mourinho.
tactician is the key word. to hell with platini and his likes. the good news is that mourinho is not a yeye coach and madrid no be small club so any fk up from platini will be treated without delays.
mourinho is a pace setter and a gr8 winner. he has a lot to offer. he is a mountain mover and a hero of the game.
progressives love him why saddists and eveil men hate mourinho with passion.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by benchwest: 2:50pm On Nov 28, 2010
platani is nothing but a person who pursue his personal liking with his acquire position
he told the whole world madrid did wrong with the amount of money they invested in buying Cr7 but what he didn't tell the world was that man u
over upgraded the value of Cr7 just to frustrate him not going to real madrid

players by the way man u treated the transfer of Cr7 should be regard as slave

in the other hand,when Barcelona bought slat an ibrahimovic just less than 7 percent of Ronald's transfers worth
plataini and his french Alie's where no place to be found

wenger is just jealous and he is more getting to politics than the actual soccer beside he should concentrate on how to
champion a competition because the ha vent gotten to champion any competition for the past seven yrs if i am not mistaken.

Ala madridddddddddddddddddd(merengues) viva mourinho vivaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by babaogun(m): 2:51pm On Nov 28, 2010
Pictures don't lie.

Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by usbcable(m): 3:17pm On Nov 28, 2010
^^^ pictures dont lie
its dumb law's that do.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by rasputinn(m): 3:20pm On Nov 28, 2010
^^^^
^^^^
Your pictures dont mean shyte
the whole world saw the live picture of Maradona and Thierry Henry with their hands of god,we saw Suarez use his hands to stop Ghana in WOZA,who cares about pictures.At WOZA,the ref red-carded Suarez and that was the end of Solomon Grundy,at Amsterdam,the ref red-carded Ramos and Alonso,that too should be the end of Solomon Grundy,UEFA should stop boring us with this poorly veiled attempt to wictch-hunt Mourinho,cos it's a failed prohect already
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by jmaine: 5:54pm On Nov 28, 2010
1025:

it is really unfortunate that ajax could not use 2 men advantage against madrid rather turn to be complainants. what did fifa and uefa do when suarez deliberately used his hands in stopping ghana in sa2010? red card only so let uefa use their red cards and stop boring us.
tactician according to Oxford Advance Learner's Dictorniary is a person who is very clever at planing the best way to achieve something.
is mourinho who a tactician? yes and a successful one at that.
if fifa law says a player who delays the game is entitled to a yellow card, i think the ref did not fail. if law says when two players act in the same manner, it will be punished by death via hanging, then let them go ahead.
it will be funny to see uefa to start and new law today because madrid skillfully via their tactician avoided the absence of ramos and alonso in the knockout stages.
it is believed that arsenal is a possible oponent of madrid in the next round and that accounts for why the press took their camera to wenger who in the past has been confirmed a Viewer by this same mourinho.
tactician is the key word. to hell with platini and his likes. the good news is that mourinho is not a yeye coach and madrid no be small club so any fk up from platini will be treated without delays.
mourinho is a[b] pace setter [/b]and a gr8 winner. he has a lot to offer. he is a mountain mover and a hero of the game.
progressives love him why saddists and eveil men hate mourinho with passion.

Does the incriminating sequence of pictures and the embarrassing acts of the players make the plan clever. i can now see the IQ level of the Man called Jose. Those acts were a pure disgrace to football and i wonder what is bringing in Suarez issue into all this mess. Suarez handball in the world cup was not pre-meditated [/b]but a [b]spontaneous affair, who wouldn't have exhibited such reflex considering the heat of the moment scenario.Even in the law courts, premeditated crimes are not taking kindly to. So the Suarez bases is just sheer blind support of this poorly planed so called clever tactics. We need to think Objectively please and not follow the heart stupidly.

benchwest:

platani is nothing but a person who pursue his personal liking with his  acquire position
he told the whole world madrid did wrong with the amount of money they invested in buying Cr7 but what he didn't tell the world was  that man u
over upgraded the value of Cr7 just to frustrate him not going to real madrid

players by the way man u treated the transfer of Cr7 should be regard as slave

in the other hand,when Barcelona bought slat an ibrahimovic just less than 7 percent of Ronald's transfers worth
plataini and his french Alie's where no place to be found

wenger is just jealous and he  is more getting to politics than the actual soccer beside he should concentrate on how to
champion a competition because the ha vent gotten to champion any competition for the past seven yrs if i am not mistaken.

Ala  madridddddddddddddddddd(merengues) viva mourinho vivaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sheer foolish support. Your the type of parent that will say your Neighbors are jealous if your ward is caught going against the law. appears more adolescents are commenting on the land this days. The emboldened part is just too funny

eldee:

As I said, it's an intelligent move that no one had thought of before now. . .he's players were just bad actors.
At least I'll take that over breaking someone's leg intentionally for a red card.

Succeeded in England cos the average English media love show givers and he was there to supply some show. He took that to Italy and discovered that they were not really interested in that aspect of his game and he maintained quite a good decorum. Now in Spain he wanted to do same, now see what he caused by inciting the fans of Sporting Gijon, guess some people will say that it is special fomenting trouble anyway you go  angry.

Anticipating the showman antics in the Elclassico show down. May the better side win and not the Mouthy side. Wish them both well.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by eldee(m): 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2010
jmaine:

Succeeded in England cos the average English media love show givers and he was there to supply some show. He took that to Italy and discovered that they were not really interested in that aspect of his game and he maintained quite a good decorum. Now in Spain he wanted to do same, now see what he caused by inciting the fans of Sporting Gijon, guess some people will say that it is special fomenting trouble anyway you go  angry.

Anticipating the showman antics in the Elclassico show down. May the better side win and not the Mouthy side. Wish them both well.

Stop being a plonker . . . insulting people is not the way to get you point across, I'll usually not reply your type, but I'll make an exception.

Back to the discussion, yeah, he's a showman, Ian Holloway and Benitez were showmen too . . . we all know who had control of the media and who became the laughing stock of the press. . .
If it were that easy to control the press, why isn't everyone doing it??

So I mentioned the press now and you're bringing up the fans of Sporting Gijon?? Now look at yourself and look at the people you were insulting a second ago and tell me the difference.

Does the incriminating sequence of pictures and the embarrassing acts of the players make the plan clever. i can now see the IQ level of the Man called Jose. Those acts were a pure disgrace to football and i wonder what is bringing in Suarez issue into all this mess. Suarez handball in the world cup was not pre-meditated but a spontaneous affair, who wouldn't have exhibited such reflex considering the heat of the moment scenario.Even in the law courts, premeditated crimes are not taking kindly to. So the Suarez bases is just sheer blind support of this poorly planed so called clever tactics. We need to think Objectively please and not follow the heart stupidly.

Stop preaching to us about blind support, you're no different with your possibly obsessive witch-hunt . . . FIFA and UEFA have not applied result based punishments and starting with Mourinho will be stupid.
They didn't increase punishments for players like Roy Keane and Van Bommel who set out to injure players from the beginning of the match, they don't ban people like Christiano for diving week in week out, they didn't ban Matterazzi that tailed Zidane all through the WC Final insulting his family, you don't make rules as you go.

At the end on the day, the only difference between this and every other time-wasting incident in history is the fact that Alonso and Ramos had a yellow card each. . . till someone comes out to tell us what he told them, any punishment for Mourinho would be violating the 'referee knows best' stance they've been using as an excuse for decades of injustice.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by budwizer(m): 6:58pm On Nov 28, 2010
mourinho will never cease to amaze me!!!!!!!! grin grin
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by newgroom: 7:12pm On Nov 28, 2010
Did he or did he not?

Please see this: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-558452.0.html
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by ddippset(m): 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2010
IF I WERE MOURINHO I WOULD BE EMBARRASED. WE COULD USE THIS EPISODE FOR A NURSERY RHYME. LETS COMPOSE SOMETHING GUYS.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Ranoscky(m): 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2010
Nonsence!
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 28, 2010
Honours

Managerial

In eight seasons of club management, including an eight month sabbatical in 2007–08, Mourinho has led his club to win its domestic league six times, the UEFA Cup once and the UEFA Champions League twice. Since 2002, Mourinho has not gone a full season or a calendar year without winning at least one trophy.

Portugal Porto (2002–2004)

* 2003 Portuguese Liga
* 2003 Portuguese Cup
* 2003 UEFA Cup
* 2003 Portuguese Super Cup
* 2004 Portugese Liga
* 2004 UEFA Champions League

England Chelsea (2004–2007)

* 2005 FA Premier League
* 2005 League Cup
* 2005 FA Community Shield
* 2006 FA Premier League
* 2007 League Cup
* 2007 FA Cup

Italy Internazionale (2008–2010)

* 2008 Supercoppa Italiana
* 2009 Serie A
* 2010 Serie A
* 2010 Coppa Italia
* 2010 UEFA Champions League

The Treble (League, Cup and European trophy)

* 2002–03 with Porto: League, Cup and UEFA Cup
* 2009–10 with Internazionale: League, Cup and UEFA Champions League

Individual

* UEFA Manager of the Year (2): 2002–03, 2003–04
* Portuguese Liga Manager of the Year (2): 2002–03, 2003–04
* Premier League Manager of the Month (3): November 2004, January 2005, March 2007
* Premier League Manager of the Year (2): 2004–05, 2005–06
* Serie A Manager of the Year (1): 2009
* IFFHS World Manager of the Year (2): 2004, 2005
* UEFA Champions League Manager of the Year (2): 2002–03, 2003–04
* UEFA Team of the Year Coach of the Year (3): 2003, 2004, 2005
* BBC Sports Personality of the Year Coach Award (1): 2005
* Onze d'Or Coach of the Year (1): 2005
* World Soccer Magazine World Manager of the Year (2): 2004, 2005
* International Sports Press Association Best Manager in the World (1): 2010 [64]

Special awards

* Honoris causa – degree by the Technical University of Lisbon for his accomplishments in football

Rather than beef this quintessential manager, we should appreciate him and thank him for even exposing loopholes in UEFA's rules. Long live the special one. (up Manchester United).
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by mykali(m): 10:40pm On Nov 28, 2010
Why's everybody worked up about this.

As far as my eyes could see. . .every thing happened according to the RULES of the game. grin

Mourinho is something else.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Ibomade1: 10:59pm On Nov 28, 2010
It is called good house keeping in La Liga but unfortunately for Mourinho such rules don't apply here. But both players were stupid for using the same diabolical tactics because I spotted it right away during the match. I still love Madrid though grin grin grin
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by 1025: 12:01am On Nov 29, 2010
nairalanders, everybody is saying the law! the law!! the law!!!. if i may ask, what sis this law say about the crime? is the crime delay? if yes? what is the punishment? yellow card or firing squad?
whenever laws are made, punishment for offenders are drawn for ppl to know so that as soon as you break any of these laws, u will know the likely implications.
what i don't seem to understanding is all the hypes about delay tactics in football that we see almost in every match.
is uefa making new punishment for this crime now or are they going to use the already made laws.
let us not disturb ourselves with individula opinions. the laws have been made for ages and any attempt to change anything because of who is involved will be termed conspiracy.
we are waiting to know the end point of the partial platini that speaks from one side of his mouth.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by jmaine: 12:04am On Nov 29, 2010
newgroom:

Did he or did he not?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

eldee:

Stop being a plonker . . . insulting people is not the way to get you point across, I'll usually not reply your type, but I'll make an exception.

Back to the discussion, yeah, he's a showman, Ian Holloway and Benitez were showmen too . . . we all know who had control of the media and who became the laughing stock of the press. . .
If it were that easy to control the press, why isn't everyone doing it??

So I mentioned the press now and you're bringing up the fans of Sporting Gijon?? Now look at yourself and look at the people you were insulting a second ago and tell me the difference.

Stop preaching to us about blind support, you're no different with your possibly obsessive witch-hunt . . . FIFA and UEFA have not applied result based punishments and starting with Mourinho will be silly.
They didn't increase punishments for players like Roy Keane and Van Bommel who set out to injure players from the beginning of the match, they don't ban people like Christiano for diving week in week out, they didn't ban Matterazzi that tailed Zidane all through the WC Final insulting his family, you don't make rules as you go.

At the end on the day, the only difference between this and every other time-wasting incident in history is the fact that Alonso and Ramos had a yellow card each. . . till someone comes out to tell us what he told them, any punishment for Mourinho would be violating the 'referee knows best' stance they've been using as an excuse for decades of injustice.

Benitez a show man, what the heck is this guy saying.I see reading is not really one of your strong point or else you would have understood the flow of thought which was quite glaring for anyone to decipher. i won't waste my time on someone who reads passively, engaging you or anyone else would be a futile exercise so i say see you in Catalonia.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by eldee(m): 12:31am On Nov 29, 2010
@jmaine

Wow . . . your parents must be proud of you. grin grin
You must be joking if you think I'll let you escape like that . . .ask around, I force sense out of you.

jmaine:

Benitez a show man, what the heck is this guy saying.

Yep . . . Benitez famously made the 'it's all over' signal to Big Sam, he also went into the 'it's all facts' rant when he brought out papers to show the press how Fergie escapes things, he has had famous tugs of war with the FA and the referees, he is alo famous for his weird adages that he drops every now and then like 'some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar' or sumn like that . . . now do you want me to go into Ian Holloway??

jmaine:

I see reading is not really one of your strong point or else you would have understood the flow of thought which was quite glaring for anyone to decipher.

I don't care to 'decipher' your 'flow of thought' . . . all I ask is that you think properly before trying to insult other people on their views on subjective issues. . . and also don't quote me if you cannot give a reasonable rebound when I tear you apart, arguing with weak people on the net is kinda boring.

jmaine:

i won't waste my time on someone who reads passively, engaging you or anyone else would be a futile exercise so i say see you in Catalonia.

I'm not a Madrid fan, the result of that match does not affect me, the fact that you quoted me does . . . and you can't accuse me of reading passively when I picked out each and every core point you attempted to make and tore it apart. There is a reason Suarez comes in, and that's because you do not create new laws based on the result of people's actions, if we were to use this logic of extended ban for Mourinho, then Suarez would have been banned for life after singlehandedly(all pun intended) stopping Africa . . . it's called strict liability, google it.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by jmaine: 2:07am On Nov 29, 2010
eldee:

@jmaine

Wow . . . your parents must be proud of you. grin grin
You must be joking if you think I'll let you escape like that . . .ask around, I force sense out of you.

Yep . . . Benitez famously made the 'it's all over' signal to Big Sam, he also went into the 'it's all facts' rant when he brought out papers to show the press how Fergie escapes things, he has had famous tugs of war with the FA and the referees, he is alo famous for his weird adages that he drops every now and then like 'some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar' or sumn like that . . . now do you want me to go into Ian Holloway??

I don't care to 'decipher' your 'flow of thought' . . . all I ask is that you think properly before trying to insult other people on their views on subjective issues. . . and also don't quote me if you cannot give a reasonable rebound when I tear you apart, arguing with weak people on the net is kinda boring.

I'm not a Madrid fan, the result of that match does not affect me, the fact that you quoted me does . . . and you can't accuse me of reading passively when I picked out each and every core point you attempted to make and tore it apart. There is a reason Suarez comes in, and that's because you do not create new laws based on the result of people's actions, if we were to use this logic of extended ban for Mourinho, then Suarez would have been banned for life after singlehandedly(all pun intended) stopping Africa . . . it's called strict liability, google it.

Tore what apart ? So you seriously thought you tore me apart ? you are really a big joke worth ignoring and hey!! that Benitez angle is just being silly and it surprises me even more that you still had to defend that lame thought of yours that[b] Benitez is a media freak.[/b] Dude! To me that is a sure fact that you don't think before you talk even more shocking when you engage in self loathing by saying i should ask around and that you force sense out of me when your busy saying nufin. On the[b] Suarez [/b]issue you just confirmed my believe that you don't read objectively. Tell me of a player who wouldn't have done what Suarez did unconsciously and spontaneously under the giving circumstances  due to reflexes beyond what the player can control in a split second, and you compare that to a premeditated agenda that looked as comical as your self loath. And i remembered i did say that even in the court of law, premeditated crimes are given much weight and credence  than ones that happened spontaneously;guess you tore that angle apart too   Do you have a complex thingy going on with you ? bro. Feeling what ever you say is making a hero out of you. Wow! i guess your one of a kind to your fans i must confess. Wondering who those fans constitute, definitely not the wise ones around. The wannabe hero would come hard this time. I will be waiting for you and your mirage of admirers. Let's see how long you can maintain your heroic agenda
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Geniro: 2:38am On Nov 29, 2010
Whoever said Benitez is a showman is quite hilarious. e show say the person no sabi wetin im dey talk.

In all, Oga special one is a wonderful coach who knows how to go about his way and win matches and laurels but the theatrics that led to the red cards in the match against Ajax was just an absolute disgrace for a top notch coach like Mourinho to direct the play acts. Anyways the whole scenario will aid the man in gaining more media coverage but am very sure this won't serve him and madrid well. well let's see what UEFA has to say.

newgroom:

Did he or did he not?

Nice one grin
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by eldee(m): 2:59am On Nov 29, 2010
jmaine:

Tore what apart ? So you seriously thought you tore me apart ? you are really a big joke worth ignoring and hey!!

Hehehe . . . did I punch your 'rant' button.
Aiite, I apologise, I didn't tear you apart, I tore your post apart . . . happy now?? cheesy cheesy

jmaine:

you are really a big joke worth ignoring and hey!! that Benitez angle is just being silly and it surprises me even more that you still had to defend that lame thought of yours that[b] Benitez is a media freak.[/b]

I mentioned two showmen (dunno what you mean by 'media freak'), I gave you famous examples of Benitez doing things to spark media interest . . . I dare you to challenge any of those facts I put down in my last post and I'll bring reliable references.
And I mentioned Holloway too, you probably don't have enough football knowledge to even do the Benitez reply, bringing in Holloway will be punishment.

jmaine:

Dude! To me that is a sure fact that you don't think before you talk even more shocking when you engage in self loathing by saying i should ask around and that you force sense out of me when your busy saying nufin.

Simple question, offence probably intended, do you know what the word 'loathe' means?? grin grin
Apply the term correctly, I'm here to improve your knowledge of football, I didn't sign up for vocabulary development but the word you're looking for i 'bullying'.

jmaine:

On the[b] Suarez [/b]issue you just confirmed my believe that you don't read objectively. Tell me of a player who wouldn't have done what Suarez did unconsciously and spontaneously under the giving circumstances  due to reflexes beyond what the player can control in a split second, and you compare that to a premeditated agenda that looked as comical as your self loath. And i remembered i did say that even in the court of law, premeditated crimes are given much weight and credence  than ones that happened spontaneously;guess you tore that angle apart too

Let's get sumn straight, you cannot teach me anything bout the law, and by the look of things your cognitive skills are appalling too.
First let me put forward the fact that you cannot come here and tell me Suarez' action was reflex, that is a totally subjective view. . . no one knows if his mental state was recklessness or intention at that particular time, what we're sure of is the fact that he stopped a goal that would most likely have sealed Africa's semi-final place.

Now forgetting the mental element of Suarez offence (that is, even if it were premeditated), increasing a ban on a player based on how catastrophic the result was is not a thing UEFA has come out to support over the years. There have been calls for them to increase the bans on players that consistently set out to injure key players and they've not acted.
Are we going to pretend that Nigel de Jong doesn't set out to injure players??

Now linking De Jong/Roy Keane with the Suarez and Mourinho cases, both offences have had greater effects than what the referee could do with his whistle and cards . . . they have not created new laws based on the result of the action the players took, it will be unreasonable for them to now come and create a new law for Mourinho, there's no law against conning UEFA.

jmaine:

Do you have a complex thingy going on with you ? bro. Feeling what ever you say is making a hero out of you. Wow! i guess your one of a kind to your fans i must confess. Wondering who those fans constitute, definitely not the wise ones around. Guess you would come hard this time. I will be waiting for you and your mirage of admirers. Good luck Mr.

Why do I need to come 'hard' when logical will do?? Good luck to you trying to make yourself look stupid by arguing against what I put up there.
It's going to be fun to watch. grin grin
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by usbcable(m): 7:48am On Nov 29, 2010
jmaine:

Does the incriminating sequence of pictures and the embarrassing acts of the players make the plan clever. i can now see the IQ level of the Man called Jose. Those acts were a pure disgrace to football and i wonder what is bringing in Suarez issue into all this mess. Suarez handball in the world cup was not pre-meditated [/b]but a [b]spontaneous affair, who wouldn't have exhibited such reflex considering the heat of the moment scenario.Even in the law courts, premeditated crimes are not taking kindly to. So the Suarez bases is just sheer blind support of this poorly planed so called clever tactics. We need to think Objectively please and not follow the heart stupidly.

Sheer foolish support. Your the type of parent that will say your Neighbors are jealous if your ward is caught going against the law. appears more adolescents are commenting on the land this days. The emboldened part is just too funny

Na wa for yoo bros.
abeg take explain how this act is a ''premeditated CRIME''
if you say a premeditated act , aint gat no qualms about that but ''crime'' I no be lawyer but even in common, shariah or even uefa/fifa courts this is no crime.
and please no abuse me ooooooooooooo.

poor execution but witty tacktics.

and@newgroom,
very funny there.lol.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by sayso: 9:00am On Nov 29, 2010
as far as I know ,Mourinho could have asked Ramos and Alonso to slap the referee well well or any other thing.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by 1025: 9:47am On Nov 29, 2010
Whoever said Benitez is a showman is quite hilarious. e show say the person no sabi wetin im dey talk.

In all, Oga special one is a wonderful coach who knows how to go about his way and win matches and laurels but the theatrics that led to the red cards in the match against Ajax was just an absolute disgrace for a top notch coach like Mourinho to direct the play acts. Anyways the whole scenario will aid the man in gaining more media coverage but am very sure this won't serve him and madrid well. well let's see what UEFA has to say.

@Geniro,
pls if i may ask, what crime are u charging mourinho for as a person? is it a crime of delay or crime of red card? i am only asking this question bcs i see that many of us here joined the arguement with different reasons and purposes.
if it is for delays, just mention one coach in football that is innocent of delay tactics whenever his side is advantaged in a game. 99.9999% will always make changes but necessary and unnecessary just to waste time and slow down the oposition's preasure. is this true or not. in my place they say if abormination stays long in a place, it will become a way of life. we very often see players from the winning teams fall asleep whenever small things happen to them while the loosing side will be playing as well as acting ball boys - picking the balls and all that.
we are so used to all these that we no longer see them as crimes but what mourinho did was a kind of bringing in news logics and a way of coaching into football.
which other coach wld have had such a quick reasoning of winning as well as thinking beyond that particular match.
i wonder why none of us bothered to raise issues with fifa and uefa when suarez deliberately denied our own ghana from what was going to be a historic win in the history of world cup display for africa.
is it possible we like ajax, champions league, uefa, platini and all that more than our own ghana. mourinho is only displaying those qualities in him that introduce him as a superior coach than many others.
mourinho gets class, stlye and brain. if u don't mind, mourinho get swagger and that is what differentiates him from these other coaches.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by jmaine: 10:20am On Nov 29, 2010
eldee:

Hehehe . . . did I punch your 'rant' button.
Aiite, I apologise, I didn't tear you apart, I tore your post apart . . . happy now?? cheesy cheesy

I mentioned two showmen (dunno what you mean by 'media freak'), I gave you famous examples of Benitez doing things to spark media interest . . . I dare you to challenge any of those facts I put down in my last post and I'll bring reliable references.
And I mentioned Holloway too, you probably don't have enough football knowledge to even do the Benitez reply, bringing in Holloway will be punishment.

Simple question, offence probably intended, do you know what the word 'loathe' means?? grin grin
Apply the term correctly, I'm here to improve your knowledge of football, I didn't sign up for vocabulary development but the word you're looking for i 'bullying'.

Let's get sumn straight, you cannot teach me anything bout the law, and by the look of things your cognitive skills are appalling too.
First let me put forward the fact that you cannot come here and tell me Suarez' action was reflex, that is a totally subjective view. . . no one knows if his mental state was recklessness or intention at that particular time, what we're sure of is the fact that he stopped a goal that would most likely have sealed Africa's semi-final place.

Now forgetting the mental element of Suarez offence (that is, even if it were premeditated), increasing a ban on a player based on how catastrophic the result was is not a thing UEFA has come out to support over the years. There have been calls for them to increase the bans on players that consistently set out to injure key players and they've not acted.
Are we going to pretend that Nigel de Jong doesn't set out to injure players??

Now linking De Jong/Roy Keane with the Suarez and Mourinho cases, both offences have had greater effects than what the referee could do with his whistle and cards . . . they have not created new laws based on the result of the action the players took, it will be unreasonable for them to now come and create a new law for Mourinho, there's no law against conning UEFA.

Why do I need to come 'hard' when logical will do?? Good luck to you trying to make yourself look silly by arguing against what I put up there.
It's going to be fun to watch. grin grin

From the first boldened part, why should i bother over Ian holloway proof when your bent on trying to convince me that Benitez should be ranked in the same stead as Mourinho when it comes to stirring the media and causing controversy. Which football manager has not in one way or the other stirred the media at a point in their career. Remember the Fergie Vs Wenger mind games during the height of their rivalry, Arsene Wenger Vs Alan Pardew funny on field fracas a fews years ago, what about Sam Alladyce occasional eccentric vibes. i can go on and mention loads of others. So how do all these equate to the special tactics of Jose of inciting the media negatively simply to deflect  attention from his players and create a me against the world mentality which though has been quite profitable to him even if it means picking a non existent quarrel with an opposing manager just to get some little buzz about him. To me Ian is just an outspoken person with his recent buzz during the Rooney transfer saga.

The second boldened part is also a reflection of someone who doesn't play the game often off course not on the console i mean. Have you ever been on the field and a player ghost past you and before you know it your involuntarily pulling him down cos of the inner zeal to stop the impending danger, or you are contesting for a ball which you must stop but due to the height of the floated ball suddenly you just use your hands. The players look silly after those kind of fouls that attract some severe punishment atimes (Suarez red and a penalty given), but the truth is that those players couldn't help it. You keep mentioning[b] Suarez stopping Africa from advancing but the truth is that Gyan was the one who goofed , as he had the whole odds to win the match considering it was just the last kick of the game.Why blame Suarez and exonerate Gyan, that is a cheap way of getting far away from the truth ( as if the referee did not penalize Suarez for the foul)[/b].Kindly drop the Suarez angle too if you don't really have anything to say on that cos it will sure do you some good.

Well your deductions about Keano and De jong impacts was quite correct. am not against objective thinking but against sentimentalism being imported to arguements frequently. Thank God Mourinho didn't give those instruction to an English team, to make it look real and justified a Bone would have cracked as well, Typical English Stylee  grin

So how did your fun go  cheesy
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by jmaine: 10:29am On Nov 29, 2010
usbcable:

Na wa for yoo bros.
abeg take explain how this act is a ''premeditated CRIME''
if you say a premeditated act , aint gat no qualms about that but ''crime'' I no be lawyer but even in common, shariah or even uefa/fifa courts this is no crime.
and please no abuse me ooooooooooooo.

poor execution but witty tacktics.

and@newgroom,
very funny there.lol.

That deliberate acts brought football into disrepute as regards fair play which is the main fulcrum of FIFA, and as far as the footballing world is concerned that was a crime. Hope say i no yab you with this reply wink
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by ritchboy(m): 10:38am On Nov 29, 2010
Mourinho is genius, it's not his fault that the acting was crappy. . . it's just like asking Jim Iyke to star in a movie directed by Tarantino, does that make Tarantino less of a genius?? He worked it perfectly, at the end of the day, if not for the fact that this was JM, they won't be on this witch-hunt.

It IS his fault he wasnt clever enough to give the instructions BEFORE the game. If he'd done that, then he, Dudek, and Casillas wouldnt be in trouble for starters. If Jose isnt aware there are a million cameras in the stadium and thought he'd get away with it, he's not clever, simple.

As for the acting being crappy, how else do you expect a player whose team is 4 goals up to get sent off for time wasting without it looking ridiculous? There are less obvious ways to get sent off, again, Jose is more dunce than genius if he couldnt think of any.

By the way you do know that his defence is going to be 'I told my players to waste time since we were ahead, and the referee got annoyed'.
Time-wasting is an accepted part of technical footie.

NO IT ISN'T! Not from a dead-ball situation. If it's "accepted", players wouldn't get booked for doing it.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Meldrick(m): 10:41am On Nov 29, 2010
i laughed and laughed just watching the clips but in all i think mourinho still rated among one to three best coaches in the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! / Arsenal Vs Leicester City (2 - 1) On 10th February 2015 / Manchester City Vs Napoli :UCL (2 - 1) On 17th October 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.