Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria (6684 Views)

Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters / Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others / Presidency Orders Chevron To Provide Electricity To Delta Oil Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Mingler: 7:16am On Nov 26, 2010
Visit professionalsinnigeria.com to meet professionals from all over Nigeria.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Dukechimi: 7:44am On Nov 26, 2010
1 down
35 to go, and Abuja of course.

4GET FG EVERY
STATE TO ITSELF
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by juman(m): 9:05am On Nov 26, 2010
I commend the Adamawa State move, at least their light will be stable,  there is no point groping proudly in the dark while u can stoop low shamelessly to be given power by a less powerful neighbors.   

1025:

abeg if anyone sees where to get light from, he shld do that without looking back. the idea of generator sounds and price of fueling cars as well as generators are killing.
i will see if imo state can get a very long wire that can reach tchad or niger so that we can connect ours from there.

ile naira:

The shame is not in the state seeking power from Cameroon, rather it is in the fact that the so-called Giant-of-Africa (in mouth only) cannot generate enough electricity of it's own despite an abundance of natural resource and man-power. Giant cess-pit of Africa

slap1:

Very soon Ghana will offer our students scholarship.

Our leaders are not human being, they are less than animals.
What kind of country is this.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by bolafex(f): 9:32am On Nov 26, 2010
It does not matter who gets the job done so long as it is done;If cameroun can supply electricity to the whole of Nigeria,am game!
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by bababuff(m): 9:51am On Nov 26, 2010
This is ridiculous. I need the source of that story. angry
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by dustydee: 9:53am On Nov 26, 2010
good move, I hope it materialises.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by sayso: 10:04am On Nov 26, 2010
shame
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 26, 2010
Zoning: The desire to have each tribe to use power of governance to steal the NIGER DELTA PETROLEUM RESOURCES. Thats the meaning of zoning.

As far as we allow the quasi illiterates to have access to Presidency, People like Atiku and the rest of them, then our children will come and die without basic amenities like electricity and medicare.

The solution to Nigeria is Confederal System of Government,

Each State, CONTROL YOUR RESOURCES and pay 10% Tax to the Federal Government. Abuja wont be enticing
Each state, takes care of its electricity, Educational institutions and research centers
Each State, Takes care of all the road networks without mentioning FEDERAL ROADS.
Each State has its Police Departments.
Each State, has its Fire service

Federal Government being an auditor
The Federal has a National Police
Federal takes care of national security
Federal Government takes care of economy ans basic blueprints
Federal Monitors the State and prosecutes

The moment each state controls his resources and develops its State. ABUJA wont be enticing
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by 2makesense: 10:11am On Nov 26, 2010
Really! cool I thought that's the ex-VP & now presidential aspirant State!, I don’t want to imagine where we be begging for power if he becomes president! cry cry
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Mbeki: 10:12am On Nov 26, 2010
bababuff:

This is ridiculous. I need the source of that story.  angry

It was on AIT, I saw the Adamawa State Governor and the Cameroun Foreign Affairs minister delivering speeches during the event.

For those that live or have been to Yola Adamawa State, you'll agree that electricity is a Luxury there, despite having one of the hottest climate that can be harnessed into solar power supply. It's such a shame to our government.

But nontheless, it is a welcome development, even if Burundi in far away east Africa can solve the power problem, please let them come fast, so that we won't spend the rest of our lives in darkness, generator noises and CO4 pollution, Nigeria government have only one agenda! LUNATIC LOOTING
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by OCCULTIST(m): 10:15am On Nov 26, 2010
I know that some people are senseless,America and the western World get all their raw materials from africa yet they are the world leaders
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Mbeki: 10:24am On Nov 26, 2010
2makesense:

Really! cool I thought that's the ex-VP & now presidential aspirant State!, I don’t want to imagine where we be begging for power if he becomes president! cry cry

The available power in Yola as of present have been diverted to serve Atiku's business interest, He has his nursery,primary, secondary school and ABTI university along the Yola western bye-pass at both side of the road, a stretch of about half a kilometer, along the same road is Atiku's quarters for his staff, the Atiku club on the other side, printing press, and ICT centre. There are constant power supply within this territory while the rest of Yola gropes in darkness with rationed supply here and there.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by ollypass: 10:29am On Nov 26, 2010
almoner:

What is then the role of Nigeria Govt?

Thier role? loot till they kapoot!

OCCULTIST:

I know that some people are senseless,America and the western World get all their raw materials from africa yet they are the world leaders

Guess thats why Larry King made his infamous quote "Nigeria; a blessed land with a cursed people Leaders".

2makesense:

Talk about having a track record of performance; Just goes to show how myopic and retrogresive the concept of zoning is.
okeyxyz:

na wao!
9jans(sorry o, aunty Dora) una too shout jo. what's the big deal? power is a commodity, & since we seem to be importing everything under heaven, so why not power. bet u guys would't mind if it was plantain & pineapples we were importing from cameroun. it's simple economics. period!

Preach preacher!
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 26, 2010
Let me guess; Nepa takes light at Aso Rock, right ? And they turn on the generator, right ?

Shame!!!!!
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by OCCULTIST(m): 10:32am On Nov 26, 2010
The problem of material existence--- birth,old age,disease and death---cannot be counteracted by accumulation of wealth and economic development.In many parts of the world there are states which are replete with all facilities of life,which are full of wealth and economically developed,yet the problems of material existence are still present.

They are seeking peace in different ways,but the can achieve real happiness only if they consult GOD

Who is the man in material perplexities? It is he who does not understand the problems of life and go after inferior things

He is a miserly man who does not solve the problems of life as a human and who thus quits this world like the cats and dogs,without understanding the science of self realization.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Mbeki: 10:32am On Nov 26, 2010
LeoMax:

The solution to Nigeria is Confederal System of Government,

Each State, CONTROL YOUR RESOURCES and pay 10% Tax to the Federal Government. Abuja wont be enticing
Each state, takes care of its electricity, Educational institutions and research centers
Each State, Takes care of all the road networks without mentioning FEDERAL ROADS.
Each State has its Police Departments.
Each State, has its Fire service

Federal Government being an auditor
The Federal has a National Police
Federal takes care of national security
Federal Government takes care of economy ans basic blueprints
Federal Monitors the State and prosecutes

The moment each state controls his resources and develops its State. ABUJA wont be enticing

it's not as if they don't know, but greed won't allow them to adopt that system, until that oil in the Niger delta dries up, which will happen in the

next 25 year according to DPR findings, then you'll see what will happen. but so long as the oil are there, looting continua!
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Mbeki: 10:42am On Nov 26, 2010
LeoMax:

Let me guess; Nepa takes light at Aso Rock, right ? And they turn on the generator, right ?

Shame!!!!!

In case you don't know, Aso Rock has a giant generator facility the far eastern end of the villa, so that the noise won't disturb them in the main building, in 2010 budget, N52,000,000 was set aside for generator fuel. it's no longer a shame to them, it's only in Nigeria that people includes generator house in their building plans.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by lordvamon(m): 11:06am On Nov 26, 2010
this story is fake.cameroon shares a border wit ebonyi state and not adamawa.besides who told you that cameroon itself has constant power supply embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by MShittu: 11:08am On Nov 26, 2010
lord vamon:

this story is fake.cameroon shares a border wit ebonyi state and not adamawa.besides who told you that cameroon itself has constant power supply embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Ebonyi state is surrounded by other Nigerian states and Adamawa is right next to Cameroon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nigeria_Ebonyi_State_map.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamawa_State
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by ohaechesi(m): 11:17am On Nov 26, 2010
wonderful grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin  OBJ told the press in one of the interview he was granted at the local airport as regards to power problem in Nigeria, he said " i think una sey anything way person no fit do, mek hem hand am over to God, so mek Nigeria handover to God our electrisity power supply problem grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The previous leaders  has no future for Nigeria, we need revolution in Nigeria, period. i pray GEJ will provide a long lasting solution to the Nigerian power supply epidemic
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by 190: 11:32am On Nov 26, 2010
power wahala again!! shocked shocked
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by apoti(m): 11:40am On Nov 26, 2010
lord vamon:

@lord vamon, i think your geography teacher should be sacked. and you should be sent back to take social studies classes with JSS1 students or probably Primary 6 to take General Studies grin
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by email1(m): 11:52am On Nov 26, 2010
apoti:

@lord vamon, i think your geography teacher should be sacked. and you should be sent back to take social studies classes with JSS1 students or probably Primary 6 to take General Studies   grin
grin grin grin easy!
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by JUO(m): 11:59am On Nov 26, 2010
gaint of Africa
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Koikoi(m): 12:08pm On Nov 26, 2010
every state for itself! there's no way the national resource can go round, not with all those so called legislators and ministers trying to outsmart each other in corrupt practices. Fashola, pls get electricity for us through benin republic. bore-hole for my water needs, gen set for my power needs, private hospital for medical needs and private school for educational needs for my kids. why am i paying tax sef?
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by sundayogor(m): 12:16pm On Nov 26, 2010
if na dat one go solve there nepa problem, make dem do am fast fast
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by badlaw(f): 12:19pm On Nov 26, 2010
tufia kwa   shocked, u Nigeria, may it never be will with those in charge of deciding Nigerian, i pray ye oh Lord.
e no good make u get food and u de hungry. God abeg wipe away these ppl cos dem don show us pepper well well.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Idondome: 12:21pm On Nov 26, 2010
This forum are made up of some people that cannot reason with the trend things are moving. Theirs nothing like shame partnering with Cameroun to get power from them. What are neighbors for. You give me what you have, and i give you what i have, and life goes on.Are we at war? Why die in silence if we are not sure how long it will take us to have uninterrupted power in that part of the country.

GOOD MOVE BY GOVT!
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by crackhouse(m): 12:29pm On Nov 26, 2010
excoba101:

What an elderly man sees sitting, a young man can not see even when on a ladder. All we need in Nigeria is organizing strong pressure groups, storm government offices, press/media and they will eventually change. But i guess Nigerians are too scared of their own governments. "People nor wan die, but dem wan go heaven".

America is the giant of the world but in health care result 2008 America was number 37 while little Cuba was No. 2 on the list. Nigerian young too dey shout. No coordination//Orientation.

and who told u America is the Giant of the world
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by hedoyad(m): 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2010
This forum are made up of some people that cannot reason with the trend things are moving. Theirs nothing like shame partnering with Cameroun to get power from them. What are neighbors for. You give me what you have, and i give you what i have, and life goes on. Are we at war? Why die in silence if we are not sure how long it will take us to have uninterrupted power in that part of the country. GOOD MOVE BY GOVT!

Dude , it's not just a matter of pride but the security implications too. It means as businesses in the state start to depend on Cameroun they can threaten to switch the juice off if we don't meet certain demands of theirs.

It's a good short term solution but not something for the long term.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by aikuda(m): 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2010
I am surprised at people calling this a shameful act. What is shameful about sourcing power from other countries that perhaps have better expertise in that area. This is the problem with us. We always think we are better than others in Africa. Its is because of this that we never see anything positive in Nigeria. If getting power from other countries will help, so be it. May be we can learn a thing or two from the process.

I am a little surprised that the federal government is going to allow this, though. This is what s true federation is all about. But in Nigeria, Abuja want to control every thing from afar. I hope this works so that other states can follow. In in the future, Nigeria decides to put to slove their onw power problems, such states can always return to the national grid.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by johndavid1(m): 3:45pm On Nov 26, 2010
badlaw:

tufia kwa   shocked,
sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live / My "Oga At The Top" Obafaiye Shem Sunday Attended UNILAG / What's Up With Radio Biafra Tonight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.