Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria (6689 Views)

Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters / Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others / Presidency Orders Chevron To Provide Electricity To Delta Oil Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Kazashi(m): 5:34pm On Nov 26, 2010
wink undecided undecided, i really dnt give a f**k, giant of africa or nt so lng as dey give us light, by d way, did i say dts ma state we re talkn abt cool
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 27, 2010
aikuda:

I am surprised at people calling this a shameful act. What is shameful about sourcing power from other countries that perhaps have better expertise in that area. This is the problem with us. We always think we are better than others in Africa. Its is because of this that we never see anything positive in Nigeria. If getting power from other countries will help, so be it. May be we can learn a thing or two from the process.

I am a little surprised that the federal government is going to allow this, though. This is what s true federation is all about. But in Nigeria, Abuja want to control every thing from afar. I hope this works so that other states can follow. In in the future, Nigeria decides to put to slove their onw power problems, such states can always return to the national grid.

THANK YOU! Finally someone with sense. wink This is the attitude Africa needs!
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by okeyxyz(m): 2:10am On Nov 27, 2010
aikuda:

I am surprised at people calling this a shameful act. What is shameful about sourcing power from other countries that perhaps have better expertise in that area. This is the problem with us. We always think we are better than others in Africa. Its is because of this that we  never see anything positive in Nigeria. If getting power from other countries will help, so be it. May be we can learn a thing or two from the process.

I am a little surprised that the federal government is going to allow this, though. This is what s true federation is all about. But in Nigeria, Abuja want to control every thing from afar. I hope this works so that other states can follow. In in the future, Nigeria decides to put to slove their onw power problems, such states can always return to the national grid.

it's a real problem bros. 9jans(pardon me aunty Dora) tend to make noise over nothing. we think we r better than others without any shred of evidence whatsover to suggest so. thus u get chauvinistic chants like: "giant of africa", "biggest political party in africa", biggest tv network in africa", "150 million population", "blah blah blah", yet there is no quality in all these things we profess & shout about. 9ja is just one big joke. well, like they say: empty vessels make the loudest noise.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by roymary: 3:11am On Nov 27, 2010
Well, ordinarily its a big shame to look up to Cameroun for Power supply; but as it is, it might be the solution for Adamawa State. I wish Cotonou will supply Lagos Electricity too. We are sold-out already; no cause for alarm.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by bkbabe97y(m): 4:45am On Nov 27, 2010
Ok, u guys are officially finished!!!
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Dsense(m): 4:56am On Nov 27, 2010
Shame!!
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by PhysicsQED(m): 6:00am On Nov 27, 2010
DapoBear:
@PhysicsQED: So long as Adamawa's power is taken care of, why should those other issues be any of their concern? If this results in cheap and reliable power in Adamawa, then I don't see why they are under any obligation to find solutions that will also serve other states. That is the job of the federal gov't and those other states, not Adamawa

I can see a situation in which 28 out of the 36 states in Nigeria are dependent on say 7 or 8 other West African nations that have actually worked to meet their power needs and have energy left over and then the other 8 states are handled perfectly fine by the power Nigeria currently generates. To me this is the very definition of running away from one's problems and going backwards while those around you develop. If there is a problem, surmount it, don't pass the buck of responsibility to the take-care-of-everything parental government. The Germans, Chinese, Japanese, Argentinians, etc. are not superhuman or anything to be able to meet the energy needs of their many millions of people so I don't see why we can't put the effort into meeting our needs. I don't see Adamawa being the state to do that so maybe for that particular state just buying from a foreign government is necessary for them, but I would prefer different foreign companies in Nigeria supplying power over that and Nigerian companies in Nigeria even more so. But just becoming dependent on other countries does not seem like a solution to Nigeria's problem, even if it is an easy way out for Adamawa.

If the Nigerian government were to handle it, and Nigerians were to pay an energy bill to the government, we have to ask, how many people in Nigeria even pay taxes (heavy taxes, like Europeans) to even be able to fund the government's improvements in the quality of life, whether it is roads, health care, or electricity, and where would that money for taxes, energy bills, etc. even come from without the improvements in quality of life that would lead to massive increases in employment and productivity that would raise income levels? It seems like a Catch-22 so I would leave out the Nigerian federal government angle.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by DapoBear(m): 8:07am On Nov 27, 2010
PhysicsQED:

I can see a situation in which 28 out of the 36 states in Nigeria are dependent on say 7 or 8 other West African nations that have actually worked to meet their power needs and have energy left over and then the other 8 states are handled perfectly fine by the power Nigeria currently generates. To me this is the very definition of running away from one's problems and going backwards while those around you develop. If there is a problem, surmount it, don't pass the buck of responsibility to the take-care-of-everything parental government. The Germans, Chinese, Japanese, Argentinians, etc. are not superhuman or anything to be able to meet the energy needs of their many millions of people so I don't see why we can't put the effort into meeting our needs. I don't see Adamawa being the state to do that so maybe for that particular state just buying from a foreign government is necessary for them, but I would prefer different foreign companies in Nigeria supplying power over that and Nigerian companies in Nigeria even more so. But just becoming dependent on other countries does not seem like a solution to Nigeria's problem, even if it is an easy way out for Adamawa.
Until the federal gov't privatizes power generation, then there will not be good power supply nationally. Surely Adamawa shouldn't have to tackle a larger problem than it has to.

If the Nigerian government were to handle it, and Nigerians were to pay an energy bill to the government, we have to ask, how many people in Nigeria even pay taxes (heavy taxes, like Europeans) to even be able to fund the government's improvements in the quality of life, whether it is roads, health care, or electricity, and where would that money for taxes, energy bills, etc. even come from without the improvements in quality of life that would lead to massive increases in employment and productivity that would raise income levels? It seems like a Catch-22 so I would leave out the Nigerian federal government angle.
Yeah, the less the federal gov't does, the better. I'd prefer to see power privatized.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by DapoBear(m): 10:47am On Nov 27, 2010
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Thracian: 1:12pm On Nov 27, 2010
This is good news. Cameroun to supply light to Nigeria. cheesy
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Wumine(f): 10:59pm On Nov 27, 2010
embarassed cry embarassed
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Kenyanstar: 3:18pm On Nov 28, 2010
Its really shamefull but hardly suprise that while kenya is busy trying to light its rural areas, nigeria is trying to light its urban centers. The kenyan parastal and state co-operation incharge of electricity is the most lauded in the country. Kenya can teach nigerian a lesson or two on good governance and policy making. Ten years ago kenya was importing electricity from uganda but now we are exporting to the same country. Recently the power company was distributing free energy saving bulbs to its customers in order to conserve energy and ease power on the national grid. Kenya is indeed the country to watch.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Dsense(m): 3:26pm On Nov 28, 2010
Up Nigeria! tongue
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by okeyxyz(m): 4:18pm On Nov 28, 2010
the people of Adamawa will have to replace[b] "UP NEPA"[/b] with "UP CAMEROUN" grin
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2010
Cameroon = sexy. kiss
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by londoner: 5:25pm On Nov 28, 2010
@op, source please.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by MShittu: 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2010
Kenyanstar:

Its really shamefull but hardly suprise that while kenya is busy trying to light its rural areas, nigeria is trying to light its urban centers. The kenyan parastal and state co-operation incharge of electricity is the most lauded in the country. Kenya can teach nigerian a lesson or two on good governance and policy making. Ten years ago kenya was importing electricity from uganda but now we are exporting to the same country. Recently the power company was distributing free energy saving bulbs to its customers in order to conserve energy and ease power on the national grid. Kenya is indeed the country to watch.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Kenya's power is the result of the private sector's eagerness to participate in power generation. It is my belief that Kenya has had policies in place that allow for effective public-private partnerships, and I don't think Nigeria has had those kind of frameworks for very long. It seems that GEJ is doing something about it through his privatization plans, though.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by londoner: 5:41pm On Nov 28, 2010
@OP, I just had a quick search, the only story I could find was the agreement with MRS Cameroun which is a subsidiary of a Nigerian company. It signed an agreement with a few countries it seems.

http://www.petroleumafrica.com/en/newsarticle.php?NewsID=10229

http://emplois-services.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=281%3Aoffre-energetique--mrs-power-cameroun-propose-une-nouvelle-alternative&catid=29%3Athe-cms&Itemid=145&lang=en
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by londoner: 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2010
On further search I found this, it seems to be from 2009 though. All we need is electricity, does n't matter where it comes from at this point. We would love to do it ourselves,. but we may be waiting a long while, plus its just one state.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200905220483.html
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by isalegan2: 9:21pm On Nov 28, 2010
Smart move. Watch manufacturing and business boom in that area now. Lack of consistent power supply has been one of the root causea of a lot economic woes in Nigeria for a long time now.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by bkbabe97y(m): 9:27pm On Nov 28, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Cameroon = sexy. kiss

You eva tried Black, Colombian and a whole buncha other shiyyt?lol
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by chelseabmw(m): 10:40pm On Nov 28, 2010
What a show of shame
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 28, 2010
lol@ BK!
if you have a facebook go to my profile and click the link, then add me.  wink

@topic that is a great gesture by cameroon. that is why i love them. you guys are neighbors and should help each other out.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Habibson(m): 10:19am On Nov 29, 2010
ahead-ahead adamawa state govt, this power supply from camaroun will end the unconsious campaign by the unfaithful politian, that used to say ELECT ME, MY 1ST AGENDA IS STABLE ELECTRIC CITY.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Dsense(m): 6:17pm On Nov 29, 2010
@topic
Can't laff grin grin grin grin
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by leahdee(f): 9:23am On Nov 30, 2010
Hey y'all,whats d big deal abt CMR supplx electricity to Nig?
For sure CMR has Menchum fall dat can even supply enough electricity to d whole of Africa if well conceived,managed and developed but because of the bias nature of the French Cameroons,dey won't easily "sell" development to English Cameroons.
Now we "manage" the Edea region for electricity supply which is not even regular;power failures everyday and the rest.
God will help us.Adamawa region,welcome to d show!!!
Sometimes even d International airport in CMR suffer from power failure for about 3mins,WHAT A SHAME!Wonder if this is what happens to Naija airport.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by jamesugo: 12:52pm On Dec 02, 2010
SHAME.
Stupid project.
Rubbish government.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Arosa(m): 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2010
Nigeria do not have the resources to generate enough electricity for the whole country. the only way forward is nuclear. we too plenty boo. undecided
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Yorubah(m): 12:07am On Dec 03, 2010
If possible supply all Nigeria electricity to eradicate the darkness. Shame
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by psalmskiddy(m): 7:25pm On Feb 25, 2017
isokay isokay isokay
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by psalmskiddy(m): 7:25pm On Feb 25, 2017
isokay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Soldier Strips Female Workers Naked & Tie Them To A Tree For Stealing / senator iyiola omisore distributing cash to poor women ahead of election / Soyinka Exposes How Atiku Stopped Buhari From Smuggling Money Illegally (2007)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.