Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) (93882 Views)

Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos) / Dubai Vs Lagos[flyovers] Lol / Under Flyover Bridges In Dubai Vs. Under Flyover Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by shogsman(m): 9:44pm On Dec 09, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
Roads In Dubai: These Photos Shows How Our Governments Have No Vision (PHOTOS)

Dubai is the most popular city in the United Arab
Emirates. It is also one of the most visited cities in the world.

To achieve its current status, billions of dollars have been invested in the city to make it attractive to foreign tourists. This is expected to enhance economic development and international trade in the city.

One of the strategies employed by the authorities to make Dubai a popular tourist destination is the provision of excellent quality road networks.

In Dubai, the network of roads,  especially the multi-lane highways, are in very resplendent condition.

Earlier this year, a French-based survey ranked Dubai as the second-best city in the world for driving in 2019.

All these, put together, have contributed to making Dubai a popular destination for tourists from all around the world.

In 2018, Dubai received 15.92 million overnight tourist visitors. Out of that figure, 185,000 were Nigerians.

In recent times, Dubai has become a popular vacation spot for Nigerians. It has also become a venue for parties and other forms of rendezvous.

Sadly, to any Nigerian visitor to Dubai, the quality of roads there is always a painful reminder of the total absence of visionary leadership in Nigeria.

Autojosh.com was recently in Dubai. Below are photos of some roads in the city that we captured. Now, compare them to our roads in Nigeria.

You're becoming more and more irritating with your stupid and ambiguous representation of our dear country.
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by icedbreez(m): 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
Nigerians don't like Nigeria the way Emirates like and promote UAE.

U pick roads from the city/financial centre of Dubai and then pick village roads in Nigeria and start to compare.

Have u been to Sharjah? Ajman or other rural Emirates in UAE?

Try promote ur country small, hate ll get u nowhere.

2 Likes

Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by generationz(f): 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
Ishilove:

cheesy

Ezz true na angry
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by shogsman(m): 9:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
Roads In Nigeria

Source:

https://autojosh.com/these-roads-in-dubai-are-testimonies-of-visionless-governments-in-nigeria-photos/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
You just lost every respect I had for you,you're obviously demented.
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by shogsman(m): 9:48pm On Dec 09, 2019
Topmaike007:
don't mind the mumu
This autojosh guy is a big disappointment.
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by backbone503(m): 9:51pm On Dec 09, 2019
There are many near magnificient roads in this country, yet this f**king op chose these ones. This is the major problem with many Africans; always asslicking whites and portraying themselves in bad lights and as inferior beings.

1 Like

Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by wwwihy: 9:51pm On Dec 09, 2019
shogsman:

I will surely open counter thread... The guy is a disgrace.

1 Like

Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by obidark: 9:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
lavenjcrown:
I wish our president buhari is on NL so that he can see all this. Can someone please share this to any of his social media handle.

wait wait...

you want all our streets to look like that in dubai....??

thats crazy....before una start arguing pointlessly....

what is the budget of nigeria and dubai....??

lets start with that....

1 Like

Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by Esep12: 9:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
80 to 90% of their roads over there is very good.. Talking about Nigeria It's better they describe us this way so we can wake up from sleep... The kind surffer wey dey this country no be small sotey This country be like where God dey chose punishment give some other countries wey dey offend am ones in a while for my eyes.. If not our surffernes suppose Don end tey tey Abi Na who we offend.
heendrix:
not to mention but a few......I'm highly disappointed in you AutoJoshNG

so you mean those are the best roads in Dubai and the best roads in Nigeria?

bleep I used to think you were more reasonable sad

2 Likes

Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 9:54pm On Dec 09, 2019
shogsman:

big dissapointment, always trying to degrade Nigeria I always think he is not Nigerian
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by shogsman(m): 9:54pm On Dec 09, 2019
Clinton207:
. Absolutely correct.
Ibadan is almost 7 times bigger than Dubai and you expect an area that small to have bad roads.sometimes I wonder how you people reason.
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by shogsman(m): 9:56pm On Dec 09, 2019
icedbreez:
Nigerians don't like Nigeria the way Emirates like and promote UAE.

U pick roads from the city/financial centre of Dubai and then pick village roads in Nigeria and start to compare.

Have u been to Sharjah? Ajman or other rural Emirates in UAE?

Try promote ur country small, hate ll get u nowhere.
That guy has run out of ideas and he's just trying too hard to still remain relevant.
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by CoolAmbience(m): 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
Esejojo:

You want him to post the very infinitesimal good roads we have in Nigeria against the excellent roads that they have all over Dubai?

So who is being unreasonable here?

Well, it is really no fault of yours. This is what the politicians have reduced us to; making us accept the most horrific standard as the the norm.

Infinitesimal indeed.

There are lots of good roads in Nigeria.

Where you sabi for Nigeria?
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by obidark: 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
heendrix:
not to mention but a few......I'm highly disappointed in you AutoJoshNG

so you mean those are the best roads in Dubai and the best roads in Nigeria?

bleep I used to think you were more reasonable sad

am disappointed too....

he can go fvck himself....
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by Vanpascore(m): 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
Kestolove:
When u have a scammer and an illiterate as a president, things like this shouldn't surprise u...Abacha death will be a child play compare to that old criminal in aso rock...

Sharap !!! Which of Nigeria's leaders has done something meaningful??
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by ubox: 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2019
wwwihy:

I will surely open counter thread... The guy is a disgrace.
Will the mod agree to push it to front page, if it's a damaging thread, it won't waste time
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by surgical: 10:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
Kestolove:
When u have a scammer and an illiterate as a president, things like this shouldn't surprise u...Abacha death will be a child play compare to that old criminal in aso rock...
always include his promoters,after him now they will begin to market another rotten fish,they should be blacklisted so that when they come again we run away from them and whatever evil products they may be promoting then,once bitten twice shy
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by OPECINHO: 10:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
Dubai is a city in UAE, why not compare it with a city in Nigeria?... you just had to drag the entire country to prove your nons*nse bias.
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by NiklauseFred(m): 10:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
AngelicBeing:
l am the Angel that brought you to the shithole, I am sending you to Australia very soon, get ready, Nigeria is a failed state beyond redemption wink

Hehehe you will not kee me

Canada and USA don full?

1 Like

Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by lereinter(m): 10:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
Bad road did start and it will not end with buhari

But let me tell you the worst things to happen to Nigeria after Abacha is buhari

Buhari has only come to kill, steal and destroy

But rejoice

The buhari we see today, we shall see no more
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by GOOOGLE504(m): 10:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
Roads In Dubai: These Photos Shows How Our Governments Have No Vision (PHOTOS)

To achieve its current status, billions of dollars have been invested in the city to make it attractive to foreign tourists. This is expected to enhance economic development and international trade in the city.

One of the strategies employed by the authorities to make Dubai a popular tourist destination is the provision of excellent quality road networks.

In Dubai, the network of roads,  especially the multi-lane highways, are in very resplendent condition.

Earlier this year, a French-based survey ranked Dubai as the second-best city in the world for driving in 2019.

All these, put together, have contributed to making Dubai a popular destination for tourists from all around the world.

In 2018, Dubai received 15.92 million overnight tourist visitors. Out of that figure, 185,000 were Nigerians.

In recent times, Dubai has become a popular vacation spot for Nigerians. It has also become a venue for parties and other forms of rendezvous.

Sadly, to any Nigerian visitor to Dubai, the quality of roads there is always a painful reminder of the total absence of visionary leadership in Nigeria.

Autojosh.com was recently in Dubai. Below are photos of some roads in the city that we captured. Now, compare them to our roads in Nigeria.

guy if you go gbagada and lekki, you go see better road. stop shaming us more.

and if you really have to compare us with other nations, is Mozambique not there, or Sierra Leone abegi

1 Like

Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by ubox: 10:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
CirocBoi:

See that road autojosh posted is only Dubai, if he decides to post Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Ajman and the rest bot go ban autojosh because pictures go over many.... Everywhere bam!!!!!
Bros, how much is the budget of Dubai(Uae) and what's their population size compared to Nigeria
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by aimuan(m): 10:04pm On Dec 09, 2019
Nan God go punish you @AutojoshNG for this nonsense you post. Obviously you have not been to Abuja, Kano, calabar and few nice place in Lagos. Aranu. Mind you I don't care if they ban me, idiot.
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by varmint: 10:05pm On Dec 09, 2019
CoolAmbience:

Infinitesimal indeed.

There are lots of good roads in Nigeria.

Where you sabi for Nigeria?

Stop supporting mediocrity. You guys don't know what you want, the whole Twitter was up in flames with pictures after Fashola made his comments on roads.
Nigeria has really terrible roads

https://www.theglobaleconomy.com/rankings/roads_quality/

1 Like

Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by Originalsly: 10:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
[b]

Hmmmm..... let me plan a trip to Dubai to see excellent roads.....or should I go to North Korea?...Pyongyang?... they also have excellent roads.... all virtually traffic free.

Should we now spend billions to have similar or even better roads in Abuja?...I guess if our leader does this he would be a great visionary....roads as a means to attract millions of tourists .... a major diversification of the economy.

@ Op... even if the aim of this thread was to put down Nigeria.... how can you even try to compare the best of Dubai with the worst of Lagos?
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by aimuan(m): 10:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
GOOOGLE504:

guy if you go gbagada and lekki, you go see better road. stop shaming us more.

and if you really have to compare us with other nations, is Mozambique not there, or Sierra Leone abegi
thank you bro. Don't mind the idiot AutojoshGN.He picked Dubai which is like capital city of United Arab Emirates, while not also pick the capital city of Nigeria Abuja? I am so miffed to be honest. Senseless post
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by abc115: 10:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
Autojosh is an illiterate
He does not Know that Dubai is a City. He thought Dubai is a Country

Why compare a city with Nigeria that has more than 100 cities.

This man lacks Logical reasoning

2 Likes

Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by nedekid: 10:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
Rexnegro:
fine we know we can't compare but why pick the bad roads in Nigeria to show and pick the best roads in Dubai to show. you want to tell me that everywhere in Dubai is like that and everywhere in Nigeria is like that too ?
Be living in denial.
Just a bad portion in my neighborhood causes heavy traffic. Gov officials pass there and suffer everyday just as I do but yet it has not been fixed. Heck all the roads are bad and death traps yet you have the guts to fine people for traffic offence.
My sump is leaking oil from the gully I entered today in that same spot shocked
Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by aimuan(m): 10:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
abc115:
Autojosh is an illiterate
He does not Know that Dubai is a City. He thought Dubai is a Country

Why compare a city with Nigeria that has more than 100 cities.

This man lacks Logical reasoning
God bless you. He is a fool AutojoshNG

1 Like

Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by maasoap(m): 10:12pm On Dec 09, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
nRoads In Dubai: These Photos Shows How Our Governments Have No Vision (PHOTOS)

You are an unpatriotic element. We have good roads in Nigeria too even if it can't be compared to UAE roads. Why not showing us roads from Abuja?

Rexnegro:
fine we know we can't compare but why pick the bad roads in Nigeria to show and pick the best roads in Dubai to show. you want to tell me that everywhere in Dubai is like that and everywhere in Nigeria is like that too ?

1 Like

Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by big7: 10:13pm On Dec 09, 2019
Rexnegro:

Yes everywhere is like that in Nigeria and almost everywhere in Nigeria is like that too... No go dey give yourself impression say the country good.. Nigeria is gone, just forget it.

2 Likes

Re: Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) by Fortune109: 10:16pm On Dec 09, 2019
CirocBoi:

So Nigeria is better than Russia?!?! Netherland?!?

Ok Russia is Eurasia, so how is Netherland connected to the Continents he mentioned??

Now who is under a spell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Many Dayz Does It Take NIPOST To Deliver The Msg / Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.