Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina (41414 Views)

VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses / Fg’s Plan To Cut Salaries Scares NNPC, CBN, FIRS Workers / Suspend The Handover To Egbetokun New IG Orders Omohimi Edgal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by jahsharon: 1:36pm On Dec 11, 2019
magoo10:
Confusion fall on them
They want to reap Nigerians off with tax payments in an economy that buhari has come to destroy.

But who destroyed your life nah?
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Bennycollins: 1:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
Leave his grammar, his message is clear to the intelligent ones.
Commentor:

Who came to destroy your grammar?

3 Likes

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
seunmsg:

For folks like you, it has to be about tribe and nothing else. Purge yourself of bigotry and stop viewing every news through the tribal lens.

There is nothing in the entire report to suggest that the man in question is not the most senior director. I was even expecting the union to come up with the name of the most senior director and justify their claim with the date of appointment as a director but instead, they offered no explanation and backed it up with an empty threat of not guaranteeing industrial harmony.

If you dig the matter deeply, you'd find those behind the protest and empty threats...the hausa fulanis. Mark my words, the whole sector would be sucked dry in less than one year from now. They lack integrity and charisma to lead.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by paix(m): 1:42pm On Dec 11, 2019
mrvitalis:
Fowler and tribalism
Hand over to the most senior director not to the most senior Yoruba director
Have you forgotten what has been happening in the police force when it comes to appointing an IG?
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by fergie001: 1:43pm On Dec 11, 2019
bakynes3:

See this one. The Pro-Chancellor of FUNAAB a Federal Univeristy in Ogun state,South West,Nigeria as at 11 years ago when i graduated was the Asagba of Asaba(Chike Edozien) So its only normal its not tribalism.

Just to buttress your point....
Pro-Chancellors of Federal Higher Institutions are usually kings/traditional rulers who must not be from that geopolitical zone.
That's the rule.

Emir Sanusi is Pro-Chancellor of UNILAG
The Sultan is Pro-Chancellor of UI...etc.

The President appoints at will.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Donaldoni: 1:43pm On Dec 11, 2019
GMbuharii:
[s]Coneheaded structures in FIRS they meant to say lolsssssss

grin grin grin

lzaa immhotep

Serious warning: dont be deceived,a conehead must be behind that mallama woman.
If you ain't a coneheaded structure in FIRS, please don't join any yeye strike action,o. Typical betraying coneheaded structures in the firs will just betray you,walai gaskiya!!!!!!!!

Don't be as foolish as AINA o!!!
A word is enough for the wise, thank you[/s]

Incoherent bulllshhiiit!
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Donaldoni: 1:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
Piggsandiddioootts must grunt because it's Aina

Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by CharlotteFlair: 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2019
magoo10:
Confusion fall on them
They want to reap Nigerians off with tax payments in an economy that buhari has come to destroy.
Which confusion? They know what they are doing. Fowler needed someone who will immediately cover up all loose ends before the new man comes in.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by CharlotteFlair: 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
Donaldoni:
Piggsandiddioootts must grunt because it's Aina

Pathetic!
There a reason why APC supporters are called zombies.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by SyrusdeHansome(m): 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
Commentor:

Who came to destroy your grammar?

As long as u understand his point of view ur grammar quote is inconsequential.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by AreaFada2: 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
Femeto:
Who ever he handedover to doesn't matter. What if the most senior Director can't do the job?
It does matter. If not qualified then he should not have risen to the rank of senior director.

We have accused Buhari of retiring Southerners to create space for Northern Leadership of the army. If we complain then we must do better.

In every organization there are procedures and due processes. Do you think people who have been at FIRS for many years won't know the right procedure better than you and me? I bet they do and that's why they protest.

Even though I for one believe Fowler should have been given another tenure because he's eminently qualified for the job and from all indications he has been doing a good job.

But if Buhari uses his prerogative to appoint a new head then Fowler must do the right thing handing over in order not to set a bad precedent.

3 Likes

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by CharlotteFlair: 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
seunmsg:

For folks like you, it has to be about tribe and nothing else. Purge yourself of bigotry and stop viewing every news through the tribal lens.

There is nothing in the entire report to suggest that the man in question is not the most senior director. I was even expecting the union to come up with the name of the most senior director and justify their claim with the date of appointment as a director but instead, they offered no explanation. Instead of arguing their case, they came up with an empty threat of not guaranteeing industrial harmony. Nonsense.

I bet you didn't read where it was said the man was not even qualified and was just Fowler's SA.

Well I guess Fowler has skeletons that must be cleared by a trusted ally before the man arrives. Game on!

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by LZAA: 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
Donaldoni:

Incoherent bulllshhiiit!

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by fergie001: 1:55pm On Dec 11, 2019
seunmsg:

When you stop viewing things from the lens of tribalism, you will see clearly. He was appointed a director and subsequently appointed a coordinating director. If you understand how civil service works (minus your obvious hatred for Yorubas), you won’t have any problem understanding what really happened.
Sir, he was never appointed a Director. He was appointed Special Advisor and subsequently, Co-ordinating Director.

4 Likes

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by deboysben(m): 1:55pm On Dec 11, 2019
seunmsg:

There is nothing in the entire report to suggest that the man in question is not the most senior director. I was even expecting the union to come up with the name of the most senior director and justify their claim with the date of appointment as a director but instead, they offered no explanation. Instead of arguing their case, they came up with an empty threat of not guaranteeing industrial harmony. Nonsense.

cos you have been tolling through that lane.

So don't be a hypocrite.

3 Likes

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by deboysben(m): 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2019
mrvitalis:
Fowler and tribalism
Hand over to the most senior director not to the most senior Yoruba director
lol you are fully prepared for the task ahead.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by ayanbaba2(m): 1:57pm On Dec 11, 2019
Knockonmidoor:
100% Guaranteed Correct Score Game available for Pay after win tonight
What'sapp 0808-0233-357

sell to your family first!

idiot.s

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by CharlotteFlair: 1:57pm On Dec 11, 2019
SarkinYarki:
But a new boss has been chosen na so what's the fuss , abi the acting DG can also steal billions in this few days ?
So you don't know the power of the pen? Fowler can no longer sign any documents. He needs his own person their to help tidy up loose ends cos he knows they are coming for him soon. grin

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 11, 2019
That's so strange. Ok, do we have a choice on what we want? Anything goes.

TheTrueSeeker2:
FIRS is currently working on plans to make it mandatory for new born babies in Nigeria to obtain TAX Identification Number (TIN) beginning from 2nd January 2020

Modified

I am currently attending a TAX summit in Abuja where that information was shared.

Every participant protested and a rep from FIRS was invited for clarification.

He still said same.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by luvlyoracle(m): 2:00pm On Dec 11, 2019
Would be grateful if i could see somone to help me gain work experience on an oil firm or related field.....that would be my greatest xmas gift...

PS i studied Metallurgical and Material Engineering and currently awaiting NYSC.I am willing to relocate to part of the country.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by CharlotteFlair: 2:00pm On Dec 11, 2019
[quote author=LZAA post=84821952][/quote]Baba that dog is high on oshogbo weed o grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by DjClassik: 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2019
Are u in need of Facebook accounts? Search no more because u are in the right place to find, I sell fb accounts at a cool rate, also available in bulks
https://www.nairaland.com/5576355/sell-facebook-accounts-bulk-cool#84823267
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by SarkinYarki: 2:04pm On Dec 11, 2019
itsme01:
cool

Mumu people, after Fowler did his magic as a US trained financial expert, and widen the tax bracket while delivering huge revenue which Nigeria had never experienced before.. this fools want to try their luck grin

Anyway na their turn so let them enjoy the 8 years Northern zoning, soon 2023 go reach

Which revenue did he increase ? Stop fooling yourself

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by CharlotteFlair: 2:05pm On Dec 11, 2019
itsme01:

no one seats in his parlour and expect power to be relinquished (except Ibos) but be rest assured we are getting power from the north in 2023
Enu po! No one can be president with yoruba votes alone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by seunmsg(m): 2:07pm On Dec 11, 2019
fergie001:

Sir, he was never appointed a Director. He was appointed Special Advisor and subsequently, Co-ordinating Director.

Lol. Stop allowing the union with vested interest to play with your brain. Nobody can be appointed a coordinating director without first becoming a director. A coordinating director is still a director.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by fergie001: 2:08pm On Dec 11, 2019
seunmsg:

Lol. Stop allowing the union with vested interest to play with your brain. Nobody can be appointed a coordinating director without first becoming a director. A coordinating director is still a director.

But his case was different, I think that's where their issues emanate from. You are in the civil service, and you know that some of these things always cause friction.

https://www.firs.gov.ng/AboutUs/Management

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by itsme01: 2:09pm On Dec 11, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Which revenue did he increase ? Stop fooling yourself

Oga our revenue figures are published periodicaly, same as what we share from the federation account a quick google search would show you to be the one fooling himself or blinded by partisan and ethno political sentiments
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by CharlotteFlair: 2:09pm On Dec 11, 2019
fairfora:
If you dig the matter deeply, you'd find those behind the protest and empty threats...the hausa fulanis. Mark my words, the whole sector would be sucked dry in less than one year from now. They lack integrity and charisma to lead.
After Fowler and osunbande took out 90b, is there still anything left?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea / Shehu Sani Advises Obaseki: 'Return Not To Egypt Where Thee Art Called Obasek' / Akapabio Accused Of Ordering Security To Shoot Voters (graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.