Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina (41419 Views)

VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses / Fg’s Plan To Cut Salaries Scares NNPC, CBN, FIRS Workers / Suspend The Handover To Egbetokun New IG Orders Omohimi Edgal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Wallade(m): 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2019
Gaggi:

There is what is termed 'permanent' staff. Those that are career staff and are expected to work long term and retire at the organization. On the other hand, a contract staff is brought in on a temporary basis, usually short term and is expected to leave at the end of the contract. The contract can also be renewed, depending on the terms of the contract.
In a way everyone is on a contract, but when we say 'contract staff' in Nigeria, people understand what we are talking about.

I quite understand the concept you explained to be temporary staff. Every staff, including permanent staff, were signed on with a contract agreement - which could be permanent, temporary or further varied.

I have heard a lot of people indicate temporary staff to be contract staff and I sometime ago call it contract staff too but I was corrected.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by tonysunkan: 2:12pm On Dec 11, 2019
Nigeria still has a long way to go.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by itsme01: 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2019
CharlotteFlair:
Enu po! No one can be president with yoruba votes alone.

2023 you go learn politics.... no one becomes a President without yoruba vote.. atleast Buhari learnt that a bitter way twice when he lost, and Jonathan when we kicked him out.. or why did you think Tinubu was made Buhari's campaing office co-chairman

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by mrvitalis(m): 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2019
HAKYN1:

Tribalism to a greater extent is for the Osus and the rest, there must be a reason for that, before the appointment of the current Accountant General in 2015, the outgoing AGF, a Yoruba man did not handover to the most senior Director who also is Yoruba rather handed over to a northerner, people also made this kind of noise but they didnt shout tribalism. Tribalism is lowest in the Yorubas and if you doubt me compare the appointments by Obasanjo, Jonathan and Buhari as presidents and revert
Obansanjo was never a Yoruba man thats y his people never liked him
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by tomdon(m): 2:15pm On Dec 11, 2019
seunmsg:

For folks like you, it has to be about tribe and nothing else. Purge yourself of bigotry and stop viewing every news through the tribal lens.

There is nothing in the entire report to suggest that the man in question is not the most senior director. I was even expecting the union to come up with the name of the most senior director and justify their claim with the date of appointment as a director but instead, they offered no explanation. Instead of arguing their case, they came up with an empty threat of not guaranteeing industrial harmony. Nonsense.

It was clearly stated that he is not the most senior

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by SarkinYarki: 2:16pm On Dec 11, 2019
itsme01:

Oga our revenue figures are published periodicaly, same as what we share from the federation account a quick google search would show you to be the one fooling himself or blinded by partisan and ethno political sentiments

We have proven times without number that he didn't increase any revenue the Naira only devalued and inflation set in .. convert the so called revenues into a stable value like dollars and you will see we earned the least under Fowler in value

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by CharlotteFlair: 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
itsme01:

2023 you go learn politics.... no one becomes a President without yoruba vote.. atleast Buhari learnt that a bitter way twice when he lost, and Jonathan when we kicked him out.. or why did you think Tinubu was made Buhari's campaing office co-chairman
Ok. Now let's wait and see how Tinubu becomes president with SW votes alone.

Arewa has told you guys to shove it as you gave buhari only 500k votes.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by thatigboman: 2:22pm On Dec 11, 2019
seunmsg:

For folks like you, it has to be about tribe and nothing else. Purge yourself of bigotry and stop viewing every news through the tribal lens.

There is nothing in the entire report to suggest that the man in question is not the most senior director. I was even expecting the union to come up with the name of the most senior director and justify their claim with the date of appointment as a director but instead, they offered no explanation. Instead of arguing their case, they came up with an empty threat of not guaranteeing industrial harmony. Nonsense.

read again. They say the man was not even a director to start with, he was an SSA

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2019
mrvitalis:
Fowler and tribalism
Hand over to the most senior director not to the most senior Yoruba director

that's a Yoruba man for you...

if you have worked with them,this attitude won't be surprising...

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Correcto: 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2019
You are so funny walahi!
itsme01:

no one seats in his parlour and expect power to be relinquished (except Ibos) but be rest assured we are getting power from the north in 2023

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 11, 2019
Wallade:

I quite understand the concept you explained to be temporary staff. Every staff, including permanent staff, were signed on with a contract agreement - which could be permanent, temporary or further varied.

I have heard a lot of people indicate temporary staff to be contract staff and I sometime ago call it contract staff too but I was corrected.
Semantics, as long as you understand what people imply.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by seunmsg(m): 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2019
tomdon:

It was clearly stated that he is not the most senior

So, who is the most senior?
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Areaboy2(m): 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2019
TheTrueSeeker2:
FIRS is currently working on plans to make it mandatory for new born babies in Nigeria to obtain TAX Identification Number (TIN) beginning from 2nd January 2020

Modified

I'm currently attending a TAX summit in Abuja where that information was shared.

Every participant protested and a rep from FIRS was invited for clarification.

He still said same.

The rep of the National President of NLC and a Presidential candidate of one of the political party during the 2019 gen election took on the FIRS Rep over such policy.

FIRS said the policy was passed by the NASS and the Presidency. There's is just to collect and follow instruction.

I'm interested in this your summit. I have read the bill over and over and it specifically states and i quote:

Section 30. - Personal income Tax.
"(1) Every person engaged in banking shall require that a person intending to open a bank account for the purposes of its business operations must provide a tax identification number as a precondition for opening such bank account or continued operation of a bank account."

Can you please find out for me why FIRS is referring to this law as a support for their planned request, when it clearly only relates to business accounts?
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Wallade(m): 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
Gaggi:

Semantics, as long as you understand what people imply.

It is a unique virtue to be able to accept corrections. I had to develop that virtue in life.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by mrvitalis(m): 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
HAKYN1:

Tribalism to a greater extent is for the Osus and the rest, there must be a reason for that, before the appointment of the current Accountant General in 2015, the outgoing AGF, a Yoruba man did not handover to the most senior Director who also is Yoruba rather handed over to a northerner, people also made this kind of noise but they didnt shout tribalism. Tribalism is lowest in the Yorubas and if you doubt me compare the appointments by Obasanjo, Jonathan and Buhari as presidents and revert
The truth is every tribe knows u guys ....don't try to project your native image on you guys

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by NoonMasamune: 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2019
Commentor:

Who came to destroy your grammar?
Who is this pot that is calling the kettle black?

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
seunmsg:

When you stop viewing things from the lens of tribalism, you will see clearly. He was appointed a director and subsequently appointed a coordinating director. If you understand how civil service works (minus your obvious hatred for Yorubas), you won’t have any problem understanding what really happened.

When politicians are appointed to head MDAS, they come with their aides as special assistants. Some of these aides are later converted to career civil servant on various grade levels and allowed to grow in service to the peak of the agency. It is not a big deal.

If Aina’s appointment as a career staff of FIRS didn’t follow due process, the union should have protested and have the appointment reversed a long time ago. Since the man has been working and growing in the system, and he’s even the most senior director in the agency’s nominal roll, there is nothing anybody can do about it. He will act until the substantive chairman takes over. He is a staff of FIRS and not an imposter.
Speak of what you know about. He is not and was never a director. He was only a special assistant, employed on temporary basis. How can a temporary staff head an organization with competent and qualified career staff? Fowler is a tribalist like most Nigerians. The wicked never go unpunished. The reason for all this is to cover his tracks.
For Nigeria to be taken serious, we must learn to do the right thing. What is even worse is when people like you support evil just because he is your tribal brother or your pay master. Fvcking disgraceful people.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by seunmsg(m): 2:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
thatigboman:
read again. They say the man was not even a director to start with, he was an SSA

How can someone that is a coordinating director not be a director? He was originally Fowler’s SSA before he joined the service as a director (staff). It happens everywhere in civil service. What the union complained about is the process of appointing him as a director. My grouse is that if truly due process was not followed in appointing him as a director, why are they just complaining? They should have complained much more earlier and the appointment would have been cancelled if they truly have a case. They cannot stop him now since they didn’t make a case at the right time.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by michoim(m): 2:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
You can see why our very discreet President remove Fowler...FFK and other tribal demagogues are just wasting their time. The truth will always prevail at the end.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by michoim(m): 2:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
Gaggi:

Speak of what you know about. He is not and was never a director. He was only a special assistant, employed on temporary basis. How can a temporary staff head an organization with competent and qualified career staff? Fowler is a tribalist like most Nigerians. The wicked never go unpunished. The reason for all this is to cover his tracks.
For Nigeria to be taken serious, we must learn to do the right thing. What is even worse is when people like you support evil just because he is your tribal brother or your pay master. Fvcking disgraceful people.
Correct talk
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
CharlotteFlair:
After Fowler and osunbande took out 90b, is there still anything left?
show us proofs
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by LZAA: 2:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
itsme01:

Somebody once said yoruba sophistication does not make them under politics and I agree
To become president in nigeria u must align with a major tribe
That was the nation was structured so yes she is right when she says yoruba votes mean nothing without aligning with a major tribe
Same for hausas and igbos
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by seunmsg(m): 2:43pm On Dec 11, 2019
Gaggi:

Do you even know the meaning of “temporary appointment” in civil service?

Where is the evidence that someone who until Monday was FIRS coordinating director of domestic taxes group is a temporary staff of the agency?
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Femeto: 2:45pm On Dec 11, 2019
AreaFada2:

It does matter. If not qualified then he should not have risen to the rank of senior director.

We have accused Buhari of retiring Southerners to create space for Northern Leadership of the army. If we complain then we must do better.

In every organization there are procedures and due processes. Do you think people who have been at FIRS for many years won't know the right procedure better than you and me? I bet they do and that's why they protest.

Even though I for one believe Fowler should have been given another tenure because he's eminently qualified for the job and from all indications he has been doing a good job.

But if Buhari uses his prerogative to appoint a new head then Fowler must do the right thing handing over in order not to set a bad precedent.
This is Nigeria. How many years did Fowler spend in Firs before he became chairman. Zero. He was in LIRS.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by fergie001: 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
seunmsg:

How can someone that is a coordinating director not be a director? He was originally Fowler’s SSA before he joined the service as a director (staff). It happens everywhere in civil service. What the union complained about is the process of appointing him as a director. My grouse is that if truly due process was not followed in appointing him as a director, why are they just complaining? They should have complained much more earlier and the appointment would have been cancelled if they truly have a case. They cannot stop him now since they didn’t make a case at the right time.
You have continued this....
He wasn't a Director.
He was appointed Special Advisor and then Co-ordinating Director.

He was appointed a Co-ord Director in 15th of May 2017, two years after he was appointed a Special Advisor in August 2015. Fowler's name was sent to Senate same August 2015.

Did he spend one year as a Director?

They must have complained then but you typically do understand, that the barking will commence now That Oga isn't around.

All the same, it's for one week before the main Oga is confirmed.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by jiggyman(m): 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
SarkinYarki:
But a new boss has been chosen na so what's the fuss , abi the acting DG can also steal billions in this few days ?

you will be shocked.. no be Nigeria again?

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Perkins2018: 2:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
Gaggi:

I’m sure you are ibo. I can feel your hatred. Now tell who is the most senior director. You are free to consult google. Speaking of what you know nothing about because of hatred.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Perkins2018: 2:52pm On Dec 11, 2019
fergie001:

You have continued this....
He wasn't a Director.
He was appointed Special Advisor and then Co-ordinating Director.

He was appointed a Co-ord Director in May 2017, two years after he was appointed a Special Advisor in August 2015.

Did he spend one year as a Director?

They must have complained then but you typically do understand, that the barking will commence now That Oga isn't around.

All the same, it's for one week before the main Oga is confirmed.

Tell us who is the most senior director.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by fergie001: 2:56pm On Dec 11, 2019
Perkins2018:

Tell us who is the most senior director.
I am only correcting him. It's also on Google.

https://www.firs.gov.ng/AboutUs/Management
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by GMbuharii: 3:03pm On Dec 11, 2019
Donaldoni:

Incoherent bulllshhiiit!
Lolsssssss...it's easy to spot a known conHD grin

Baba statusquoAUNTY!!!!!

looks like the mods yaff kobokoed yu seriously lolsssssss

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Not More Than State Level APC Leader, Akeredolu Suggests / Arase Commissions Police Dogsl Breeding Centre- Photos / Fulani Herdsmen Destroy Ortom’s Rice Farm; Kill 50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.