Stats: 3,158,878 members, 7,838,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Unemployment: Senate Seeks Payment Of Stipends To Jobless Nigerians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unemployment: Senate Seeks Payment Of Stipends To Jobless Nigerians (26085 Views)

Peter Obi Fulfil Promise To Jobless Female Graduate Who Couldn't Purchase#75,000 / Sadiya Umar Farouk Approves Payment Of Stipends To Exited N-Power Beneficiaries / Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons (2) (3) (4)

Re: Unemployment: Senate Seeks Payment Of Stipends To Jobless Nigerians by nakaman: 11:14am On Dec 12, 2019
my own is they should not post me in north. Amen.
Re: Unemployment: Senate Seeks Payment Of Stipends To Jobless Nigerians by Ilekokonit: 11:17am On Dec 12, 2019
Charleys:
So people are now going to be paid for being jobless.... For doing nothing.

Inside life.

So if they pay them, why would they want to work when they are already getting paid for not working?

I'm confused.

Don't be confused as these types of payments are what make civilised countries civilised because there is ALWAYS a safety net to catch you when you lose your job to prevent you falling into desperate poverty.

For example in England where not a single house has burglar proof windows because by and large poverty is taken care of by the state welfare payments such that poverty is not a cause of armed robbery.

In England it is enshrined in their laws that the minimum amount a person has to live on every week is £70 and this is paid by the state every 2 weeks into the unemployed persons bank account on top of also paying the persons rent as well.

The money is not free and in return, the person has to be ACTIVELY looking for work and has to show verifiable printed evidence of his/her job search efforts in the previous 2 weeks to staff at the government run job centre.

These payments continue until the person gets a job.

Tell me how such a person will not be patriotic to a country that fed and housed him from the public purse when he was down on his luck That person will gratefully and happily pay his taxes and national insurance contributions once he gets a job.

Introduce unemployment payments in Nigeria and watch crime go down drastically.

Our politicians know what to do but they won't give the poor money to survive and keep their hopes alive because if they do such, then where will they get the millions of impoverished people to use and abuse as drivers, house girls and servants

Re: Unemployment: Senate Seeks Payment Of Stipends To Jobless Nigerians by chewwie(m): 3:32pm On Dec 12, 2019
Create jobs, you incompetent buffoons!
Re: Unemployment: Senate Seeks Payment Of Stipends To Jobless Nigerians by phantom24: 4:28pm On Dec 12, 2019
Next level looting!
30k minimum wage una no fit pay na jobless population of over 100 million people una wan pay?
Re: Unemployment: Senate Seeks Payment Of Stipends To Jobless Nigerians by NASICONANA(m): 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2019
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][i][/i]IT ANNOYS ME WEN I HEAR POLITICIANS GOVT LACK CAPACITY TO CREATE JOBS BUT HV D ABILITY TO PAY DEMSELVES JUMBO SALARIES.WE HV D RESOURCES TO SET UP FACTORIES TO ENGAGE D CITIZENS[b]IT ANNOYS ME WEN I HEAR POLITICIANS GOVT LACK CAPACITY TO CREATE JOBS BUT HV D ABILITY TO PAY DEMSELVES JUMBO SALARIES.WE HV D RESOURCES TO SET UP FACTORIES TO ENGAGE D CITIZENS[/b]IT ANNOYS ME WEN I HEAR POLITICIANS GOVT LACK CAPACITY TO CREATE JOBS BUT HV D ABILITY TO PAY DEMSELVES JUMBO SALARIES.WE HV D RESOURCES TO SET UP FACTORIES TO ENGAGE D CITIZENS
Re: Unemployment: Senate Seeks Payment Of Stipends To Jobless Nigerians by Moikiitos: 10:49pm On Dec 12, 2019
Islie:

https://thenationonlineng.net/unemployment-senate-seeks-payment-of-stipends-to-jobless-nigerians/

Good gesture, if we have a proper system to identify our citizens and population. I mean REAL IDENTIFICATION AND SIZE OF OUR POPULATION NOT FABRICATED OR ESTIMATED. Another elite plot to continue milking and sucking us dry...

Who are the unemployed people? Which data are they going to use for this payment? Can we even identity our citizens?
Re: Unemployment: Senate Seeks Payment Of Stipends To Jobless Nigerians by mrenoma: 3:48am On Dec 13, 2019
A Community based social platform for top talents to be found in your area for no cv, student, part time, blue collar small jobs.
We help you find skilled talents and freelancers to solve your Digital, Entertainment, Web, Plumbing, Electrical, Artistic, Fashion, Educational, Repair, Food, Cleaning, Design and all no cv jobs near you.

We want to help msme in Nigeria because We all love searching for things, but Our passion is helping you find top Talents in your area!
https://smalljobsnaija.com.ng/
Re: Unemployment: Senate Seeks Payment Of Stipends To Jobless Nigerians by orisa37: 7:10am On Dec 13, 2019
That's a good idea. The Stipend should be minimum wage of N30000 per household and payments through The Federal Ministry of Statistics and State Governments.

Buhari’s Wedding: Three Months Later, FFK Says Pantami Is His Friend / 2023: Why APC Bigwigs Have Eyes On Jonathan / Subsidy Removal: FG Saves ₦‎400 Billion In Four Weeks