Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,610 members, 7,770,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:08 PM

What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? (47164 Views)

What Food Do You Currently Feel Like Eating? / What Do You Feel Like Eating Right Now / What Do You Feel Like Eating And Drink Right Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by omoge(f): 7:59pm On Jul 15, 2007
Carribean bread?? that thing wey strong like stone  grin i bought it next day i threw it away too hard. If you looking for a bread closed to Nigerian bread try "King's Hawaiian Savoury Butter roll" oh it tasted sooooooooooooo nice walahi. not exactly Nigeria, but sooooo soft, and soooooo sweet you will love it, i tell you. Check out the bread section in your grocery stores and you should see King's Hawaiian Roll

lady omoge25, It's a bit higher than the ones i have seen in the African stores here. but not as big as the one used for pounding family yam  grin. My good classmate traveled and my mom gave her those to bring for me  cheesy it's been sooooooo handy. the ones in the African stores here, those one are too flat. My mom sent me two I was shocked but so happy. One like for grinding Ogbono and the other open and long enough to soak my beans and pound it to remove the skin (less labor). can be used to pound anything if i feel like it but am not a fan to pounded yam anymore. I just use it for my beans soak it and go study. come back and pound/crush for few minutes and am all set.

lady soul, that engine self e be like say the hidden stuff behind all comes up to mix with your own to increase the taste sha lol
you know the engine grinder dey ration water lol

1 Like

Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by omogenaija(f): 8:16pm On Jul 15, 2007
dont feel like eating

@ omoge ur always eating angry
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by soulpatrol(f): 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2007
@omoge. omigod u're so right as per the yamama (dirt) hidden in those grinding machines. shocked ughh! those women that grind are so stingy with water, they dont like to wash if afterwards, how many times have i taken tomato and pepper to grind, and come out with a mixture of tomato, pepper, beans and other funky stuff that has been stuck in the damn thing. ewwwww. i no blame them sha, water is scarce in naija. at one point, i used to carry extra gallon of water along just so they can wash it properly before grinding my stuff. how many times i don fight with them, i no even remember.
but nevertheless, those grinders are very powerful and i kind of miss them. embarassed
oh well, blenders do the job too, but not as well. cool
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by omotofine(f): 11:21pm On Jul 16, 2007
pounded yam and edika ikong.
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by MikelX(m): 10:27am On Jul 17, 2007
Nkwobi and Isiewu, damn the thot of it alone makes be feel like runnig out of this office! tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by OhGrey(m): 10:50am On Jul 17, 2007
I want to eat pussy, with lotsa salad cream
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by soulpatrol(f): 10:40pm On Jul 17, 2007
sad ignoring what some nitwit posted here. i have some serious craving for sabo suya. lawd i miss living in the north cool
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by snazzydawn(f): 12:05am On Jul 18, 2007
I feel like eating ekpang nkukwo.
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by ne4real(f): 10:52am On Jul 18, 2007
watching my weight, but if given poundo with edikikang soup, i wouldnt mind

it wont make me fat 4 just 2 day
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by minute(f): 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2007
egbo(maize porridge) with vegetable oil.
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by labiran(m): 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2007
akara with bread
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by omoge(f): 5:08pm On Jul 18, 2007
just ate Akara with a nice Hawaii king rolls, tasted like home own and now i feel like to sleep smiley Labiran, should have asked you for breakfast this morning  grin

want to eat PETE, lady soulpatrol, know that meal? walahi have you tasted pete before?
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by soulpatrol(f): 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2007
@omoge. ah i don't o. describe am small maybe e go juggle my memory. what tribe is it from? cool

omigod i tried to make moin-moin one time with regular blender o. na so the thing just flat when i try boil am like we do back home. it didn't rise at all even though i cooked it for hours and then put it in the oven. i don't know if it was the type of beans i bought (black-eyed peas). i was so depressed because i havent eaten moin-moin in years and i was really looking forward to tryin it again. i miss naija buhahahahahaha!!!! embarassed cry
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by omoge(f): 10:27pm On Jul 18, 2007
eh? moin moin i eat that one like no man business, lol.

if you go to walmart or kmart, you will find a plastic bowl lil in size. i use that to cook/steam my moin moin after blending with onion, habanero pepper, red/bell pepper. once you wash off the skin, you are all set. any of the grocery stores should have black eye pea for your moin moin, smile.

Pete: dried corn (skin off and grated, normally we use the hausa flat raffia tray to take out the ones use for pete, that is the ones no so smooth). it is cooked like you boil your rice and
Fresh Tomatoes, gnut oil, salt, and a sour vegetable (Yakua i think is the name) are added into it. It looks not too thick for like what they call goose goosse in the north. again, it might look like ACHIA but achia is too thicken unlike Pete.

when you eat it, the sour vegetable makes it tastes cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by soulpatrol(f): 10:36pm On Jul 18, 2007
@omoge. chei, anything wey u never chop before? ah ah, i cant even catch up again o, my sista grin
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by omoge(f): 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2007
haha, well i lived in the north and eat northern food. though my family didn't make it but you know we young yarinyas could group up and make them. so am used to northern food. not all their soup though cuz too darkish i failed to eat it.

I lived in the west the only meal i didn't get to like was amala and ewedu. i use the stew for eba instead of mixing it up with ewedu. but i tasted Plantain amala once here (a friend gave moi and i tried it). it was good sha.

visited granny in village you know better  cheesy

my hobby is cooking. i cook my own meals and i entertain classmates and roomies when i have time.
at this stage, am still mingling with Nig meals  grin grin

Pete is a common hausa meal. i think some will call it corn porridge.

Do you know Zogole leaf or vegetable? don't say you don't oooooooooooooo smiley
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by rikkyjen(m): 12:34am On Jul 19, 2007
omoge:

haha, well i lived in the north and eat northern food. though my family didn't make it but you know we young yarinyas could group up and make them. so am used to northern food. not all their soup though because too darkish i failed to eat it.

I lived in the west the only meal i didn't get to like was amala and ewedu. i use the stew for eba instead of mixing it up with ewedu. but i tasted Plantain amala once here (a friend gave moi and i tried it). it was good sha.

visited granny in village you know better cheesy

my hobby is cooking. i cook my own meals and i entertain classmates and roomies when i have time.
at this stage, am still mingling with Nig meals grin grin

Pete is a common hausa meal. i think some will call it corn porridge.

Do you know Zogole leaf or vegetable? don't say you don't oooooooooooooo smiley

Chei, abeg we fit marry? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed grin grin

Na so so food i go dey chop from morning till nite grin. Any guy dat marries you go fat pass Yokozuna, cos na food U go use take kill dat person. Imagine, so you can cook delicacies from all the region of Naija, Chei, we suppose marry wallahi! cheesy cheesy. Actuallly, U dont need to go far anymore, cos amy the guy U've been seeing in ur dreams.lol grin
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by soulpatrol(f): 12:39am On Jul 19, 2007
@omoge. can i be one of your bridesmaids? e be like say u don find husband on nairaland o, grin

rikkyjen. onijekuje ni e o. na long throat go kill u. lmao grin
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by rikkyjen(m): 12:50am On Jul 19, 2007
soulpatrol:

@omoge. can i be one of your bridesmaids? e be like say u don find husband on nairaland o, grin

rikkyjen. onijekuje ni e o. na long throat go kill u. lmao grin

Chei! Onijekuje ke? so u sabi yoruba! This one pass Ijekuje oooo. U hear person talk say she fit cook Tuwo Shinkafa, Amala and Gbegiri, plus Edikainkong ( Mo gbe!, correct food) wink. im going 2 get my ticket 2 naija now! and you are saying i should not [s][b]propose (in Typical Naija man gruffy accent)[/[/s]b].

Soul patrol, wetin be ur own sef? Imma tell you a secret ( No yarn anybody ooo). If you wan kill, kidnap, abduct me, Na only food u fit use. Not even the use of women or flashy things fit kill me cheesy
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by soulpatrol(f): 1:04am On Jul 19, 2007
ah rikkyjen. na me u dey diss like dat?  tongue oya, omoge pls accept his proposal o, and after that u know how we can both get rid of him. poison his food one time. one less person on nairaland. muhahahahahaha! grin

but true sha, omoge, u know that the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach. chei, walai if i was a guy too, i for dey chase u too o.  tongue
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by omoge(f): 1:07am On Jul 19, 2007
lol oh my goodness you both wan take laughter kill me o. oh oh oh my balance waist  grin grin grin

awwww  grin if you still available after my school, i will give it a thot  grin grin

I'm making (scenting leave) Efirin soup (mom sent me some through a friend who went home for summer break and just back) + Tilapia (got good fresh ones at the chinese store) and Semo for my hungry classmate tmr for lunch. she is hungry of efirin lol. I won't have time to cook after this month  cheesy

Honestly, i eat Nigeria meals here and my mom sent me a lot of stuffs through my friends. i don't really miss Nigeria meals (just corn moin moin for now smiley)

Lady Soul, you will o,  grin grin

in this age? really? lol the way to their heart is thru his stomach, lol.
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by Soundmind(m): 10:31am On Jul 19, 2007
I feel like eating pounded yam with ofe egusi or nkwobi with stupidly chilled bottle of malt. Infact, if you give it to me now, i will give you a moonlight dance.
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by rikkyjen(m): 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2007
omoge:

lol oh my goodness you both wan take laughter kill me o. oh oh oh my balance waist  grin grin grin

awwww  grin if you still available after my school, i will give it a thot   grin grin

I'm making (scenting leave) Efirin soup (mom sent me some through a friend who went home for summer break and just back) + Tilapia (got good fresh ones at the chinese store) and Semo for my hungry classmate tmr for lunch. she is hungry of efirin lol. I won't have time to cook after this month  cheesy

Honestly, i eat Nigeria meals here and my mom sent me a lot of stuffs through my friends. i don't really miss Nigeria meals (just corn moin moin for now smiley)

Lady Soul, you will o,  grin grin

in this age? really? lol the way to their heart is through his stomach, lol.

Infact we dont have to wait till after school. So na until after you finish school i go dey chop Nkwobi, Tuwo, ur Efirin soup.  Gosh, U even sabi cook semo (runs out 2 buy proposal ring)  cheesy. Look, which state you dey?. Damn, have never heard of Nillychester, i googled the stuff, but google no gree comot nada about Nillychester

Which state you dey? If you be Igbo girl, i no mind carry Palm-wine on my head from Indianapolis to any where. If you come be yoruba like me, I ready to prostrate with my Chin scratching and bruising the ground (Na today person dey prostrate ?, i go do anything for food oooo) grin. If you come be Aboki gurl, Oh lawdy lawd!, am ready to lie down for some nitwits to beat the sh@t out of me with their Koboko (crappy hausa culture).
All for food my dear!! grin grin

Soul patrol, poison me? U never hear of Odeshi or Ajesara grin grin?. I fit like food oooo but enough Agbara dey! Which one you sabi cook sef? grin grin grin grin. U wey ur moi-moi no gree form inside pot !   cheesy
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 19, 2007
i feel like eating Ogbono Soup and Red garri(Eba)
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by ronnieslimz(f): 6:31pm On Jul 19, 2007
amala dudu with efo riro hmnn. . oolalacious
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by soulpatrol(f): 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2007
LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin.  @ rikkyjen, i've never laughed so much on this forum before. man, you sooooooooo funny. see as u finish me sha. in short, u dey try tell me say i no fit cook? no allow me use my moin-moin curse u now o. grin

@omoge. see how ur future husband is misbehaving. i advice u not to accept his proposal until he apologizes by prostrating flat angry
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by omoge(f): 1:30am On Jul 20, 2007
that was hilarious rikkyjen grin grin Lady soul dear, i apologize on his behalf wink jo ma binu, babu fushi ko grin
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by rikkyjen(m): 2:27am On Jul 20, 2007
omoge:

that was hilarious rikkyjen grin grin Lady soul dear, i apologize on his behalf wink jo ma binu, babu fushi ko grin

Omoge teminikan, you are here again, so wats the latest recipe my mother-inlaw(I dey bẹ like Oyakilome, abi?) has sent grin grin grin. Besides, U neva answer my Nillychester Question ooooo.

Infact, wetin you cook disnite sef? Pls tell me so i can fantasize and wake up tommorrow with a watery mouth about your quintessential (Too much grammar all because of food) cooking. cheesy

I know say i be Foodie! Hope nobody tells me dat on this thread cos i know already, Im a sucker for good cooking! grin grin
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by soulpatrol(f): 2:28am On Jul 20, 2007
@omoge. ba komei. no wahala.  grin i accept ur apology on his behalf. just warn him to watch his sharp mouth o. or imma go aboki on him now. imma go all hausa gangsta on his greedy ass.

@rikkyjen. shey u dey hear o. she has said sorry on ur behalf. u better thank ur stars. ok, i now love-vendor omoge to u officially. u may kiss the bride.  tongue muhahahaha!  grin grin

i dey play o, omoge. i no fit love-vendor u to am like that. make i allow am chase u small first. tongue
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by soulpatrol(f): 2:30am On Jul 20, 2007
thinking aloud. why do nigerian men like food so much ehn? chei! so as this rikkyjen just dey embarass himself on top food. wonders shall never cease.   undecided
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by rikkyjen(m): 2:32am On Jul 20, 2007
soulpatrol:

thinking aloud. why do nigerian men like food so much ehn? chei! so as this rikkyjen just dey embarass himself on top food. wonders shall never cease.   undecided

And you are taking my Rhetorics serious! shoot! undecided
Re: What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? by omogenaija(f): 2:33am On Jul 20, 2007
omoge is always eating tongue

i feel like eating chicken w/garlic sauce and chicken fried rice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) / How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) / The plantains I bought #1000 and how I prepared it.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.