Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,874 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej (899 Views)

MINIMUM WAGE: Oshiomhole Disowns Govs, Backs Workers / I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan / Policemen To Earn New Wage From October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by ceah(m): 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2010
Latest From GEJ on his Facebook Page:

Dear friends, fellow Nigerians, earlier this week, I presided over the meeting of the National Council of State, where I briefed my predecessors and governors of the thirty-six States on my desire to set a bench mark minimum wage of 18,000 Naira as the new Nigerian minimum wage. My predecessors and the governors who were in attendance saw wisdom with me and agreed with government's plans and as such, I will forward a bill on the National Minimum Wage to the National Assembly as soon as is practicable. By this gesture, Nigerians should know that I and the administration I lead feel their pains. Of course I could have unilaterally set a National Minimum wage and sent the bill to the National Assembly or increase the wages of the Federal workers from the current 17,100 Naira by adding 900 Naira to make it 18,000 Naira. But I am aware that there are others in government with me at the Federal level and at the state level and that we must work together to build real consensus that takes the whole nation into consideration not just a section. We also have to take the Private Sector into consideration. Even though some of my predecessors are Presidential aspirants with some on a different platform from my party as are some of the governors, we were able to build a consensus that aims to move the nation forward. I as President am a bridge builder and I will always strive to include not exclude. GEJ
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by igochopurs(f): 7:00pm On Nov 27, 2010
nice man.
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by ceah(m): 7:36pm On Nov 27, 2010
What do you guys think ? Is this a political Mombo Jombo or a case of love for the people and the nation ?
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 27, 2010
Has the new minimum wage been implemented yet?

How is he financing his wage increase?

By asking the NASS to approve a loan of $3.5b?

Voooodddddooooooooo Economics!!!!
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by ladi02(m): 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2010
Lol. . .this guys drama is too much sef!

If it was someone like Fashola, the increase will be done with none of this publicity. . .Oga Jonathan sees everything as scoring point.
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by egift(m): 8:14pm On Nov 27, 2010
krendo:

You can say that again grin grin grin
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by McKren(m): 8:40pm On Nov 27, 2010
I am sorry the President can not claim to have fulfilled his promise over a bill that is yet to be passed by the NASS.

He can only make that claim when the bill is passed and he signs it into law.
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by ceah(m): 9:07pm On Nov 27, 2010
You guys are so funny, grin
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by excanny: 9:11pm On Nov 27, 2010
He has not really been himself of late.

Maybe he thinks he's now a Monarch and doesn't realize that the NASS can throw away that bill if it doesn't catch their fancy.

He really needs to go get a shower and relax. I really dont understand why he wants to hang himself over being a President in 2011.
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by 9jarukus: 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2010
they are going to devalue the naira again to be able to pay for this may God save this nation from gej and obj
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by marvix(m): 11:11pm On Nov 27, 2010
He is only keeping us informed, If you are not happy about this you can go ahead and Mop the lagoon
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by Blazay(m): 11:37pm On Nov 27, 2010
Clap for yourself.
Yaradua out performed you, even from his sick bed.

My predecessors and the governors who were in attendance saw wisdom with me and agreed with government's plans and as such, I will forward a bill on the National Minimum Wage to the National Assembly as soon as is practicable.

Thanks for the confession. But we already knew that and we have absolutely no doubt who these your 'predecessors' might be.

You nor dey shame?
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by MaiSuya(m): 11:46pm On Nov 27, 2010
krendo:

LOL! the man is seeking re-election, so [i]little [/i]details like the ones highlighted above are not too important for now. . .
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by Boboribo: 2:44am On Nov 28, 2010
Show man
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by McKren(m): 3:48am On Nov 28, 2010
Mai Suya:

LOL! the man is seeking re-election, so [i]little [/i]details like the ones highlighted above are not too important for now. . .

Is'nt this what is wrong with out politics? In a sane country people will be asking those details.

Where is the so called credibility when most of what Jonathan does in office just don't add up.

I certainly can not stand 4years of this madness.
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by igochopurs(f): 4:26am On Nov 28, 2010
as if any of you foreigners have any iota of what governance is. You sit behind the cyber world and look at the real world. How daft that can be. What is your problem?
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by DisGuy: 4:29am On Nov 28, 2010
Tosser!

he didn't even start the discussion it was started last year! and during that period the previous president reviewed the wage bill of ministers are adviser downwards we didnt here it on facebook

Of course I could have unilaterally set a National Minimum wage and sent the bill to the National Assembly or increase the wages of the Federal workers from the current 17,100 Naira by adding 900 Naira to make it 18,000 Naira.

Dan banza! Jonathan sabi maths o
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by ceah(m): 5:12am On Nov 28, 2010
You guys are not even giving Mr Jonathan any space at all, You just cant wait to hit him with a plank any time he voice out something either good or bad, reasonable or not, grin
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by Blazay(m): 6:58am On Nov 28, 2010
Dis Guy:

Tosser!

he didn't even start the discussion it was started last year! and during that period the previous president reviewed the wage bill of ministers are adviser downwards we didnt here it on facebook

Dan banza! Jonathan sabi maths o

Only math[b]s[/b]
Ma[b]ss[/b] nko? cheesy

B-O-N-G-O!
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by egift(m): 7:11am On Nov 28, 2010
ceah:

You guys are not even giving Mr Jonathan any space at all, You just cant wait to hit him with a plank any time he voice out something either good or bad, reasonable or not, grin
He should concentrate on his job. Is it too much to ask?
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 28, 2010

Latest From GEJ on his Facebook Page:

Dear friends, fellow Nigerians, earlier this week, I presided over the meeting of the National Council of State, where I briefed my predecessors and governors of the thirty-six States on my desire to set a bench mark minimum wage of 18,000 Naira as the new Nigerian minimum wage. My predecessors and the governors who were in attendance saw wisdom with me and agreed with government's plans and as such,

Ego ridden
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by ceah(m): 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2010
egift:

He should concentrate on his job. Is it too much to ask?

Concentrate on his Job ? Do u mean a politician should not play politics ? Even Obama play politics when it's time, He should keep Quiet so that Atiku can take over, My friend it's politics period, let the man play the game to the best of his knowledge,  grin
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by 1025: 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2010
somebody must first of all confirm from jonathan if he is the one that made the statement because he is use to denying statements.

on the other hand, youth corpers allowance was increased to N28,000 but i am yet to see anyone who recieved that.

by the way, how is N18,000 the best salary for workers? it means a govt worker that earns N18,000 if they even pay that cannot buy a bag of rice for his family.

it is a thing of shame that this jonathan is always up for eye services.
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by mustafar1: 4:23pm On Nov 28, 2010
GEJ should stop pissing down our backs and telling us its raining.
Re: I Have Kept My Promise On The Minimum Wage - Gej by ceah(m): 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2010
must_a_far:

GEJ should stop pissing down our backs and telling us its raining.

crazy, lmao!

(1) (Reply)

Ddc Machines Stolen At Lagos Airport / NDLEA Arrests 59-year-old HIV-positive Widow In PH / Prophecy For Nigeria - A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.