Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Why do women wear Waist Bead? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why do women wear Waist Bead? (2763 Views)

Lady Uses Chicken Leg As Waist Bead / Waist Bead: Fashion Or Charm? (photos) / Guys, Name That Thing Women Wear Which You Don’t Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why do women wear Waist Bead? by Citizenjt: 6:49pm On Dec 15, 2019
I have big resentment for girls that wear waist bead. Not really for a particular reason but it's kind of awkward for me for someone to wear something round her waist when no one can see it. Please I need answers to why women wear waist beads because I think it isn't just for fashion.
Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by donbachi(m): 6:53pm On Dec 15, 2019
To spiritually tie men to their loins.

1 Like

Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by zyzxx(m): 6:55pm On Dec 15, 2019
Because they want to seduce you and collect all your money
Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by demelza: 7:08pm On Dec 15, 2019
I'll take the bait.

The aesthetic of waist beads is a major reason I got them. My ancestors wore them, I am just following in their footsteps.

It also helps me with weight control. When the beads are beginning to feel too tight, I know it's a signal for me to watch my portions.

It tickles me silly when men call women who wear them olosho. Such comments really make me laugh and stroke my beads. When a Nigerian man calls you ashawo because of beads, then you are winning.

It's uber sexy. My waist beads glow in the dark, it's really a sight to see. I can't tell you the many things and favors I have finessed from my husband because of it. grin grin grin

*The above is my personal opinion. I am not responsible for how you choose to interpret it.

10 Likes

Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by mhizace: 7:16pm On Dec 15, 2019
well,for me I wear cos I like it,especially wen it makes sound wen am running ,it gives me joy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by dawnomike(m): 7:26pm On Dec 15, 2019
Well... I think i like ladies that wear it though or am i weird?

1 Like

Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by meobizy(f): 7:29pm On Dec 15, 2019
Citizenjt:
I have big resentment for girls that wear waist bead.
Hmm.

Not really for a particular reason
Are you sure?

but it's kind of awkward for me for someone to wear something round her waist when no one can see it.
This sounds like a reason. You articulated it without realizing.

It makes a lot of sense to an extent. In the same way their jeans slide down from time to time exposing their thongs, random men will get to see the beads once in a while. It’s not much of a waste after all.

Please I need answers to why women wear waist beads because I think it isn't just for fashion.
It’s a fashion accessory. It’s no different from the watch on my left wrist, the row of rubber bands on my right and the earrings she wears on both sides of her head.

3 Likes

Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by meobizy(f): 7:32pm On Dec 15, 2019
demelza:
I'll take the bait.

The aesthetic of waist beads is a major reason I got them. My ancestors wore them, I am just following in their footsteps.

It also helps me with weight control. When the beads are beginning to feel too tight, I know it's a signal for me to watch my portions.

It tickles me silly when men call women who wear them olosho. Such comments really make me laugh and stroke my beads. When a Nigerian man calls you ashawo because of beads, then you are winning.

It's uber sexy. My waist beads glow in the dark, it's really a sight to see. I can't tell you the many things and favors I have finessed from my husband because of it. grin grin grin

*The above is my personal opinion. I am not responsible for how you choose to interpret it.
Yes, another reason: catching people’s attention. It’s no different from what accessories do in the real world.

1 Like

Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by Citizenjt: 8:24pm On Dec 15, 2019
[quote author=meobizy post=84938902]
Hmm.

Some people say it's has spiritual link .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by vanida6: 8:42pm On Dec 15, 2019
uhmm make I put on my own sef smiley

1 Like

Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by gradeA(m): 8:52pm On Dec 15, 2019
A friend of mine told me she wears it to know when she is adding weight, as the beads become tighter. Sounds like a valid reason to me.

2 Likes

Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2019
This guy really thinks everything a lady does pertaining fashion, it's got to be to appease some guy, you can also do something to appease yourself, don't you think, OP
Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by Hypnotise: 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2019
I just love women who wear waist beads

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by meobizy(f): 10:53pm On Dec 15, 2019
Citizenjt:
There is no spiritual link. Do watches, belts, pendants and ties have spiritual links? Look at the beads in the same way.
Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by MedicH: 10:58pm On Dec 15, 2019
There's voodoo and hoodoo in those beads. That's witchcraft and bad luck put together. If you don't want a woman to mess with your mind, run from anybody with secret ornamenting. Run for your sanity and your life.

Before i let any woman into my house if first and foremost touch your lower abdominal and pelvic legions to see if you have those beads. If i see any i will abandon the date and run. Then i will text you that i have noticed a mismatch in energy and compatibility and this meeting can't continue.

1 Like

Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by A305: 6:51am On Dec 16, 2019
It's such a major turn on for me aesthetically when i see it round the waist of a woman i desire. Girls from the EAST never wear beads except they were born or bred in the WESTERN or NORTHERN part of Nigeria. What does that mean?

It means, Beads are more of aesthetic than mythtical voodoo most people make it turn out to be if they don't know the history/use or fuction of a body ornament. If Igbo girls with different culture idealogy but grew up in lagos put on beads, Does that mean she's trying to capture men heart by voodoo too?
Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by DenreleDave(m): 6:55am On Dec 16, 2019
[quote author=mhizace post=84938537]well,for me I wear cos I like it,especially wen it makes sound wen am running ,it gives me joy[/quote

Did ur bf later break up with you
Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by SenecaTheYonger: 6:56am On Dec 16, 2019
When I moved to Ghana, I noticed their women wore it and anyone I asked said it's a tradition that started from when they were little, some said it's to watch their weight, some said it will help their ass grow bigger. But it's only in Nigeria that they tell you it's for tieing destiny.

Religon don finish 9ja.

1 Like

Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by mhizace: 6:56am On Dec 16, 2019
[quote author=DenreleDave post=84947346][/quote]no
Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by DenreleDave(m): 6:59am On Dec 16, 2019
mhizace:
no

But he may still leave you soon after knacking u for 4 years..

Goodluck
Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by Small080(m): 7:06am On Dec 16, 2019
Not everyone use it to tie you guys, but be careful of the tree you climb grin grin
Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by mhizace: 7:06am On Dec 16, 2019
Denreledave dats ur own way of reasoning, have known someone dat date for six years,ended up marrying
some may think nothing good will come out of dating for too long buh something really good do come out

1 Like

Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by Clinghton: 7:53am On Dec 16, 2019
maybe guys should start wearing ring round their dick

2 Likes

Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by DenreleDave(m): 8:47am On Dec 16, 2019
mhizace:
Denreledave dats ur own way of reasoning, have known someone dat date for six years,ended up marrying
some may think nothing good will come out of dating for too long buh something really good do come out
Don't worry till then
Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by Sirwavy(m): 11:49am On Dec 16, 2019
mhizace:
well,for me I wear cos I like it,especially wen it makes sound wen am running ,it gives me joy

Waist beads make my dick hard �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by Sirwavy(m): 11:51am On Dec 16, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:
When I moved to Ghana, I noticed their women wore it and anyone I asked said it's a tradition that started from when they were little, some said it's to watch their weight, some said it will help their ass grow bigger. But it's only in Nigeria that they tell you it's for tieing destiny.

Religon don finish 9ja.

I swear down smh
Waist beads are so damn sexy
Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 16, 2019
demelza:
I'll take the bait.

Olosho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why do women wear Waist Bead? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 16, 2019
vanida6:
uhmm make I put on my own sef smiley

Oloshi olosho

(1) (Reply)

Redpill Guys Are Fraud / Why Do Men Like To Apologize At Night? / What It Means When A Lady Licks Her Lower Lips In Front Of You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.