Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,808 members, 7,820,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors (13088 Views)

Japa: Nigeria Lost 16,000 Doctors In Five Years – Minister / It's Now One Doctor To 10,000 Patients, 4,000 Doctors To Migrate Abroad – NARD / Brain Drain: Nigeria Left With 24,000 Doctors – NMA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by VirginSearcher(m): 7:01am On Dec 16, 2019
fairfora:
In 2015, a few months to the presidential elections , buhari was in a town hall meeting organised by Tinubu. When asked about how to revamp our health sector, he said he would stop political office holders from seeking medical treatment abroad and upgrade our health institutions to an acceptable standard. The last time I checked, buhari is the most travelled president in Nigerian history for medical tourism. Awon werey
Don't mind the werey man, counting down to his departure

1 Like

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by naijaschoolguru(m): 7:02am On Dec 16, 2019
Angelfrost:

Just read the topic, and stop derailing... You think this is funny.

No serious nation takes such situation lying low. To lose great scholars, physicians, and technocrats will be the final undoing of any developing nation... You should be worried, not pretending or making light of the situation.

The situation is actually worse than what NMA put up there... There is a serious catastrophe looming.
God bless you, most Nigerians behave as if they have low IQ. They don't think straight and that's why we're retrogressing. Tell them oo, maybe then go hear.

1 Like

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 16, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Is it 42,000 Useful doctors or 42,000 untrained Doctors. Because I understand charge and bail also existing within our medical system. And people have lost their Wives, Mother, Husband, Father, Uncle, Brother, sister, a Friend, as a result of these quacks

For anyone to graduate from medical school is not a joke. The white doctors on the other side are not better than ours, they just have a better system aiding their work.

Imagine having no electricity and performing an operation. Learn to appreciate our things here man.

3 Likes

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by joyandfaith: 7:10am On Dec 16, 2019
evansjeff:
That's not the only problem. Amongst this 42000, a high number of the senoir doctors no longer go to the hospitals, especially teaching hospitals. They leave those student doctors who have no experience to be battling taking care of numerous cases thereby leading to avoidable loss of lives.

Even nma president is among those senior doctors and they will come around during exams to frustrate students
Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by Alexaonfleek: 7:10am On Dec 16, 2019
Holyfield1:
Yet Nigerian Universities won't admit more undecided
I swear.
So stingy to give admission for medicine

But even when you give them admission,they will still graduate and leave cheesy
Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by Yonce(f): 7:18am On Dec 16, 2019
Gforce2015:
Why would a doctor be trained in Nigeria with tax payers money and then leave for another country in search for greener pastures?
Federal govt shld control all these abnormalities. There should be a policy that we compel all our medical students to use the knowledge they have acquired in Nigerian institution for Nigerians. They shld be compelled to work for the country for at least 5 years before traveling out for greener pastures

God forbid!
The one year internship plus one year NYSC is more than enough to serve Nigerians, then the young doctors can flee. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by ijoba22(m): 7:21am On Dec 16, 2019
ogawisdom:

Do they attend to healthy people too?

Doctors are for sick ppl alone
Mr man in this country everybody is sick, the degree only differ.

2 Likes

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by soleexx(m): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2019
Goldencheese:
For a country of 203 million people? And several doctors are still leaving the shores of Nigeria for better employment experiences abroad? Government needs to do more!

By April 2020 our population will multiple

1 Like

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by hisgrace090: 7:27am On Dec 16, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Is it 42,000 Useful doctors or 42,000 untrained Doctors. Because I understand charge and bail also existing within our medical system. And people have lost their Wives, Mother, Husband, Father, Uncle, Brother, sister, a Friend, as a result of these quacks

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me up.

On point!
Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by mylifeisagift(m): 7:27am On Dec 16, 2019
Gforce2015:
Why would a doctor be trained in Nigeria with tax payers money and then leave for another country in search for greener pastures?
Federal govt shld control all these abnormalities. There should be a policy that we compel all our medical students to use the knowledge they have acquired in Nigerian institution for Nigerians. They shld be compelled to work for the country for at least 5 years before traveling out for greener pastures
This is what is obtainable in developed countries.
sadly we invest so much and get nothing in return..Nigeria is cursed.

1 Like

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by tiwiex(m): 7:34am On Dec 16, 2019
jarkbauer:
Nigerians will turn this serious issue to comedy. Watch as Nairalander try to outshine themselves who is funnier on this sensitive post.
I already saw one. He was referring to charge and bail doctors.

1 Like

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by KingGBsky(m): 7:37am On Dec 16, 2019
Very stupid comments is what I always see whenever sensitive matters are discussed here on nairaland. I’m loosing my respect for this platform. Gone are the days of intellectuals. Smh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by AerialMapper: 7:44am On Dec 16, 2019
Your Minister of Health said everyone cannot practice as doctors; some should go and farm!

We are not serious! My sister-in-law emigrated two weeks ago to the UK to start work. She had job offers waiting for her to accept. This is happening daily, soon all we will have will be native doctors!

The elite will travel for their health care needs.

1 Like

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by dokyOloye: 7:44am On Dec 16, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Is it 42,000 Useful doctors or 42,000 untrained Doctors. Because I understand charge and bail also existing within our medical system. And people have lost their Wives, Mother, Husband, Father, Uncle, Brother, sister, a Friend, as a result of these quacks. Because, one good head I understand is better than 200 sick heads! shocked

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me up.
you are a fuul

3 Likes

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by chachanga: 7:44am On Dec 16, 2019
Wait till they're only 4200 left...

Ngige and PMB wants them gone, that funny quack ex-Health Minister wants them turned to farmers...

The goatherding dummies you elected are anti everything educated but you expect them to stay...

Everything falling apart on y'all, yet they keep telling you it's getting better... And some fuuls are busy supporting a mad 3rd Term Agenda for them to finally tank Naija grin cheesy....una go hear when!

You'll all sit up when there's only 420 left

2 Likes

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by DexterousOne(m): 7:50am On Dec 16, 2019
ogawisdom:
More than enough doctors

We have nurses, pharmacist, MLS, chemists, herbalist, native doctor. Not every sick person needs a med doctor

Your comment betrays your monicker

There is no wisdom in what you just said

No wisdom

6 Likes

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by dallyemmy: 7:52am On Dec 16, 2019
1 doctor to 4285 citizens
Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by gbadaniyi(m): 7:52am On Dec 16, 2019
[quote author=akelicious post=84946299]
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/12/16/nigeria-has-only-42000-doctors-says-nma-president/amp/[/quoteMobile Diagnostic's and Programming is your shops solution

saabtechkeys is a mobile diagnostics and programming company based out of lagos with over 10 years of experience in the diagnostic and electrical field of the automotive industry. We offer programming and diagnosis for all types of vehicles.

Today's vehicles are extremely complex. The correct tooling to repair and diagnose them is cost prohibitive to all but a few shops. Most repair shops can't afford a factory scan tool for every type of vehicle they service. Without the factory tooling, quickly and accurately diagnosing a vehicle can be a real challenge. Sure, you can make an educated guess about what part to replace. But with the cost of parts being so expensive and with many customers watching their money closer than ever, is it worth the risk to guess?

Diagnostic and Reprogramming Services
All system diagnostic, Air bag systems, Anti lock brake systems ,Flash programming Emissions systems & smoke testing, Body electronic systems, Climate control system Security keys and systems programmed, Key Duplication, Re-pin Ignition Locks

saabtechkeys Mobile Diagnostic's and Programming is your shops solution for fast accurate and thorough Automotive Diagnostic's. With year's of experience backed with a wide range of top of the line tools you can always count on "get it right the first time" Analysis.
saabtechkeys also offers Programming for almost all Makes and Models of Vehicles for ALL Module's Including key Programming and key fob.Mobile service serving lagos , Call for appointment and pricing

saabtechkeys Guarantee.
saabtechkeys Mobile Diagnostics believes that when you make a call to have us diagnose a vehicle for you that you deserve the top of the line equipment and top of the line service with a great attitude and performed in a timely manner with correct results and guarantee's those results or you will not be charged.

saabtechkeys, lagos

Phone : 08077983808

Business Hours :
Mon-Sat :9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sunday: By appointment

Copyright © 2019 saabtechkeys
Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by blowjohn(m): 8:00am On Dec 16, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Is it 42,000 Useful doctors or 42,000 untrained Doctors. Because I understand charge and bail also existing within our medical system. And people have lost their Wives, Mother, Husband, Father, Uncle, Brother, sister, a Friend, as a result of these quacks. Because, one good head I understand is better than 200 sick heads! shocked

If u don't know what it takes to become a doctor keep ur mouth shut.

2 Likes

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by 9ja083: 8:07am On Dec 16, 2019
I hope Dr. Philip that has killed many ppl is not among the 42,000?
It's high time u investigate these Dr. Especially those that claim to have studied abroad

If u go to this man's hospital, he will tell u that he is a cardiologist when u complain of heart issues. Then he will also tell u that he is a neurologist if u complain of anything in that part.
This is a man that started as dialysis centre were 18 out of 20 patients die before changing to hospital. He can speak Russian and German language to prove that he studied abroad.
He also have display of certification and pictures.
the last thing he will do is reference! Even if the patients are dying and theit area of health issues may not be related to what he claimed to have studied.
Sometimes I think he studied sonogram. This is because he is so good in ultrasound.
Doctors, in Nigeria should come together and investigate all doctors in private clinics and close down quacks among them. No matter their connection. Find out if they truly have licence to operate? Find out if they truly passed through the university and passed the exams and graduated as medical Doctors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by Victorex001(m): 8:08am On Dec 16, 2019
Gforce2015:

Lol, you would force a Doctor to treat you??
You clearly think like your Tyrant man crush Buhari lol...

2 Likes

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by Moorfy: 8:10am On Dec 16, 2019
Is it the doctors that don't know there work anymore only to fix hands in womans virginal. Is better to chuk 1 hand in 20 pussy than 20 hand in one pussy claiming she is about to give birth. Woman de see something
Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by Brandstudio01: 8:12am On Dec 16, 2019
dokyOloye:

you are a fuul
I return it back to you sweetheart

1 Like

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by fkj950ax(m): 8:13am On Dec 16, 2019
The remaining 1 million are in Canada, US, UK, Australia

Or are you looking for them?
Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by Innoxxacs: 8:15am On Dec 16, 2019
Yonce:

God forbid!
The one year internship plus one year NYSC is more than enough to serve Nigerians, then the young doctors can flee. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
leave the fo.ol talking no.ns.ense! Paying 250k for the past 5yrs is taxpayers money ba?

I laugh NYSC for drs is not even neccessary,,,for those leaving wink
Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by RillJ(m): 8:18am On Dec 16, 2019
DR Ngige says Nigeria has more than enough!

1 Like

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by Bluntemperor: 8:20am On Dec 16, 2019
It is unfortunate that when serious matters like health,education,unemployment etc call for a robust analysis,some people treat it as jokes.we are talking about life and death here for God sake!!.We are talking about losing our trained young men and women to other Continents.These are future youth that have spent 8-yrs in rigorous training!. what we see is situation that is appalling-the executive, the Governors,the National Assembly Members do travel abroad with their entourage for check-ups,medical tourism,emergencies etc.but if to spend billions on political champaign, jamboree,they would do,but to fulfill promises,including good health delivery,they wouldn't. shameful and wickedness to Nigerians Masses.Is providing Nigerian Populace with basic amenities like a good health delivery system a rocket science?.
We are all in it because the day your family members have medical issues and there is no Doctor around to attend,then all those above me talking rubbish will remember that health is wealth and that those in authority care less about your life.

4 Likes

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by beautyhound(m): 8:22am On Dec 16, 2019
EXLOVER:
Hope Dr Abigail that almost destroy my left and right nyash with injection is not among the 42000?

Since Buhari started pilotting the flight 1960 Nigeria, people became scared of the destination he is taking us to, people are leaving the country daily, soon babies in their mother's womb will hold on tight to something and won't want to come out, immediately they know they are coming to Nigeria under Buhari government.

it is not d duty of a doctor to administer injections... b careful of quacks among doctors, nurses...

1 Like

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by Izigha(m): 8:27am On Dec 16, 2019
This is alarming. The other worrying fact is there is nothing anyone can do about it, there is policy that can change anything. The pay gap between doctors in developed countries and Nigeria is too wide.
What can narrow the gap? It's not the president or the minister or policy, it's development. What will brings about development- ELECTRICITY.
Until we fix the power in Nigeria nothing else will work.

2 Likes

Re: Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors by baratech: 8:30am On Dec 16, 2019
Yes, and we have over 200,000 in diaspora...UK, USA, Australia, Ireland, Canada....

And buharis minister of labor said the doctors should be going wherever they want...that nigeria has more than enough, so we can freely export doctors

What a country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OMICRON: SA’s New COVID Cases Have Doubled In One Day, Tripled In Two Days (PIX) / 5 Natural Remedies For Purging To Avoid Antibiotics Abuse / Stop Rejecting Gunshot Victims, Police Warn Hospitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.