Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,054 members, 7,835,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. (10971 Views)

Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me / The Many Mistakes Of Apostle Paul's Teachings: Mistake No. 7 Correction / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by BlueAngel444: 8:57am On Dec 20, 2019
shadeyinka:
What's so special with that! Terrestrial ball is another way of saying earth (as a sphere or globe)!
Maybe a yam not understanding!
I seriously doubt earth is a ball
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by BlueAngel444: 8:58am On Dec 20, 2019
sonmvayina:

Death is birth turned inside out....
"the spirit returns to God who gave it and the body returns to dust..

So we are spirits swelling inside a body made of dust...

We are the miracle... You don't need a degree in theology to figure that out... Why are you scared of the facts..?.. Because your Jesus does not fit in anywhere?.. So you really think if Jesus was the answer to anything, the European will give him to you?.. Think about it..

My Jesus came to me himself
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 20, 2019
Where is Shadeyinka now? cheesy

Because arguments have come into the thread and i doubt if all these argumentators are Jehovah's Witnesses! cheesy

Instead of dropping there response to the quest of the OP, they're now arguing amongst themselves and Pastor, Prophet, Senior Apostle, Superintendent, Doctor, Reverend Shadeyinka is calm, he only detests the comments of Jehovah's Witnesses! wink
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 9:38am On Dec 20, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

jcross19 "eyes opened" can be explained with the popular saying: "you don't know what you've got until it's gone". They were all along naked but because of the covering light, righteousness of God covering they had on, they did not mind their nakednẹss.

The moment after eating of the fruit of the three of knowledge of Good and Evil (i.e. TKGE), they lost that God given, God-made-available terrestrial glory and their eyes opened to the fact that it now has been substituted with a telestial state one. They must have never thought they'd lose that terrestrial glory. It must have been a shock and embrassment for them, and this probably explains why they sought for fig leaves to hide/conceal their incriminating tiny bits and even go into hiding from God, when God turned up walking in the garden during the breeze of the day.
cc: Finallydead
I agree with you.
Adam and Eve lost their God given glory and they saw themselves as naked without it!

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 9:42am On Dec 20, 2019
jcross19:
naming the animals that was what the writer put down? and what language is that? . the bible clearly said the tree of "knowledge of good and bad" naming animals does not make him wise even though does primitive in amazon they named their animal too.
You still haven't answered my question. How come carnivorous animals have lost their respect for humans?

How much intelligence do you think is required for a single person to give names to just 1000 animals and remember them?

Knowledge of good and evil is a figurative term to mean "knowledge of everything to be independent of God"!
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 9:45am On Dec 20, 2019
BlueAngel444:

I seriously doubt earth is a ball
How about the moon and the sun?
I will take the flat earth seriously only if they can explain gravitational attraction mathimatically!

F=GMm/r^2
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 9:49am On Dec 20, 2019
Maximus69:
Where is Shadeyinka now? cheesy

Because arguments have come into the thread and i doubt if all these argumentators are Jehovah's Witnesses! cheesy

Instead of dropping there response to the quest of the OP, they're now arguing amongst themselves and Pastor, Prophet, Senior Apostle, Superintendent, Doctor, Reverend Shadeyinka is calm, he only detests the comments of Jehovah's Witnesses! wink
The OP seem to be content with the responses recieved. Have you seen him make further comments.

And it is good you are not part of this thread: no one has the time to do 50pages of cyclic reasoning with unreasonable people!
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by BlueAngel444: 10:36am On Dec 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

How about the moon and the sun?
I will take the flat earth seriously only if they can explain gravitational attraction mathimatically!

F=GMm/r^2

Why do you believe in gravity?

The force of the earth

I studied advance maths and physics

I ask myself how much force does a bird generate to actually overcome this gravity but then there are some creatures that fly that based on "scientific gravity model" shouldn't be flying

And alot of those theorems are based on assumptions

Now I ask you again, why do you believe in a force beneath the earth and not the one above it

There is nothing like gravity in flat earth

In fact ones you take out gravity the whole scientific model for global shapes and structure of the earth, moon and sun falls apart.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by MuttleyLaff: 10:46am On Dec 20, 2019
jcross19:
according to description in the bible the Angels were not naked, God did not create them naked but made man naked according to bible
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
What are you talking off here about "angels were not naked" and without making much of any sense at all with it, hmmm?
Who did you read or see talking about naked angels, erhn?

jcross19:
there is nothing like terrestrial glory that covered nakednẹss here sir.
Ah, I think, I now know what your problem is, lol. Your problem is with the word "terrestrial", lol. You dont seem to know the meaning of "terrestrial", lol. You seem to have being confused and mistaken "terrestrial" to be "celestial", lol.

jcross19:
This is material world
Of course, it is a material world, and for this is more the reason for them to have the lost God given, God-made-available terrestrial glory covering, lol

jcross19:
and particular when the writer mentioned nakednẹss and God covered their nakednẹss with an animal skin that words simply mean they were physically naked and that's not a figurative words.
I left my house for work yesterday without putting on my wristwatch, I felt naked all day on without it. That is just an illustration to make a point with being naked physically and figuratively. Oh, by the way for over twenty ago I stopped using wristwatches, lol

Now back to the matter on hand, please jcross19, show in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, where the Bible said God covered their nakednẹss with animal skin, lol

jcross19:
the bone of contention here is why did God create mankind with flaws
Mankind is the only one out of all God's creation that the adjective good in "it is good" that famous commentary comment was not specifically used for. Of course, there is a method in the supposedly madness. If Man was to be created with perfection, then man would have been a tree, a rock, an animal, a cloud, a mountain, a you get the drift lol, but no, man was left created as he was because of the truth in the old aphorism that says: "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, makes you stand a little taller, makes your footsteps even lighter"

jcross19, Adam was being tested, and he too, ironically was testing the saying "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, stronger", lol, maybe jcross19, to see if the saying is true or not, lol. I am sorry its really isnt a laughing or joking matter.

jcross19:
and He knew He will destroy them in Genesis 7. Why can't He destroy them in that Eden and recreate them again.
You can see the resilience in man, you can see how man is able to bounce back after something difficult or bad, like eating of fruit of the three of knowledge of Good and Evil (i.e. TKGE) has happened.

jcross19, the purpose of a God test, isnt necessarily to show us up, it is not necessarily to expose someone as being bad and/or faulty, its not about flaws or to show our weaknesses but its for our benefit, its about self-discovery, an opportunity to discover our strengths, the chance to peep and gain an insight into one's own character. jcross19, the true test of a man's character is what he does, when no one is watching, lol.

Remember, jcross19 that the word, God is synonymous with "influential power". God is a supernatural entity and has the capacity to have positive effects on someone's or something's character, development and/or behaviour. God is the Affect, that brings about positive effects. The word God, is closely associated with influencing or tending to suggest an idea of influence

jcross, Jeremiah 32:27 echoes that Yahweh, is God over every creation, creature or creativity, as in, He is God, in the sense that He influences and/or influenced people, just as much as the devil also will if given a foothold, lol

Of course, its hard to believe, but yeah it does mean, its all of God's plan for perfecting man because as it were, out of chaos, emerges harmony and beauty. Good enough isn't good enough, if it can be better. And better isn't good enough, if it can be best, a perfecting and/or perfect man, lol.

"Experience shapes character, and character determines action
a character totally without experience is all but a contradiction in terms
"
- excerpt from page 87, GOD - A BIOGRAPHY by Jack Miles

jcross19, dont worry, you will become aware. With time, you will know about each and everything

jcross19, let me here, shed light on that a bit, as far as I know, human beings as a creation, are born and begin life, initially without character, and if at all any, not very much of it, so in time, we are on earth to acquire, build character and stock up on it. There's no doubt that, we all begin life on earth, with innocence and/or start it with lack of experience. We acquire learning from experiences, well, even kids soon figure out that if you dont learn from experience, you get your fingers burned. So the character development on our individual blank canvases happens or occurs afterwards from our individually separate distinct painful and exhilarating experiences

Incidentally, the Earth is a market place and school, while experience is its hardest kind of teacher of all. We are here on earth to be tested first and then have the lesson with character forming, after the test. You definitely have heard the phrase "out of character," know the implication and understand what is meant by using the phrase

"For we are God's masterpiece.
He has created us anew in Christ Jesus,
so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago
"
- Ephesians 2:10

Ephesians 2:10 above implies you're destined or your destiny is to, do good works, things God had plans for us long time ago to do

jcross19, a person often meets his/her destiny on the road he/she took or was put on, trying to avoid it (e.g. Joseph, Moses, Jesus etcetera)

Ephesians 2:10 above implies you're destined or your destiny is to, do good works

Elsewhere, the bible states that: "Many, however, that live as enemies of the cross of Christ, their destiny is destruction"

You are the captain of your soul, intertwined with the flesh and spirit, hence expectedly the master of your destiny .

Every human has been given the right to decide his/her own destiny jcross19. So you're the designer of your destiny. You're the author. You write the story. The pen is in your hand and the outcome is whatever you choose

It is a show of strength of character that man is still be around. Destroying them in that Eden garden wouldnt solve anything and even if man were to be recreated again, they still will have to be subjected to the test of the fruit all over again jcross19, lol. This life is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward apparently, lol.

I could write more stuff, but hey, too much, too soon info, it will be, lol

jcross19:
to tell you some of the stories might be just a tale.
What does this comment mean? It is said in a way that doesnt makes sense or have any meaning. Please rephrase or say it in a different and clearer way that readers can easily understand what you're saying or said. Thank you
cc Finallydead, shadeyinka
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

The OP seem to be content with the responses recieved. Have you seen him make further comments.

And it is good you are not part of this thread: no one has the time to do 50pages of cyclic reasoning with unreasonable people!

That's how an intelligent observer behave Sir!

He listens to every commentator and meditate afterwards, note that he is not against any commentator. But it's obvious you are the one setting the rules now on who should or shouldn't comment.

That's reminds me of the religionists in Jesus' day who were fighting hard to stop the Christians from sharing the beliefs with others! wink
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by sonmvayina(m): 12:24pm On Dec 20, 2019
BlueAngel444:

My Jesus came to me himself

Then you need to see a psychiatrist
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by Finallydead: 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

What are you talking off here about "angels were not naked" and without making much of any sense at all with it, hmmm?

Ah, I think....
In honor to your invitation, I will do something I don't do(if at all my impression of jcross19 is correct). As a rule, I generally don't try to satisfy atheists/agnostics inquiries. This, of course is not because there is any of their inquiries which cannot be answered by very simple logic, but because if anyone at all was able to do so, it will still prove pointless, hence a loss of time and resources, until the knowledge of God is spiritually(rather than intellectually), revealed to them by His grace. Take Paul, the intellectual for instance.
I initially quoted jcross19 because he claimed to believe in God only not satisfied with some answers and hoped mine which was directed at you would also satisfy him. However, he seems to present himself here not as a humble seeker of truth but as an outspoken challenger of God, tending to agnostic, if not atheistic.(I do hope I'm wrong though). But if there is anything for you to gain in this, let us dive straight into his "bone of contention".
Why God made Adam not "perfect" is a common question simply a proof of robbery and pride which is in the heart of man. It is same as asking why He didn't make Adam God, acknowledging God as "perfect"(while at the same time, contradicting, by saying He did something imperfect). It is as good as what is today called identity theft. For the Lord, it was no robbery to be God, being God already, but would be for any other creature.(Php 2:6). Should God have made Adam God by right? Even if he should destroy Adam and remake him, he must still be Adam. He simply made Adam and did not give Adam His unique(God) identity so Adam would be Adam, not God. So he gives Adam an open playing field to be himself. If Adam doesn't like being himself, on discovery of attendant imperfections, then he MUST humbly acknowledge to God that he isn't worthy to exist in his self identity but BEG for God's identity to be graciously granted Him(this transaction can be effected on the terms of Adam giving up(trading) his self identity), otherwise may keep his self identity with all its attendant issues. This cannot be automatically done by God but will only be graciously done whenever Adam humbly chooses. So God drove Adam out of the garden so he and his sons will learn from the consequences of their self identity(responsible for their actions) if they want to keep it.
I know I have raised more questions with my answers and I will with further answers but I do not seek to answer all questions(for the Spirit has that place), so I will probably now try to stay off this thread as I believe all my presentations here are enough for the honest seeker to answer his inquiries or at least begin to pursue his answers, in seeking the Spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by MuttleyLaff: 1:14pm On Dec 20, 2019
Finallydead:
In honor to your invitation, I will do something I don't do(if at all my impression of jcross19 is correct). As a rule, I generally don't try to satisfy atheists/agnostics inquiries. This, of course is not because there is any of their inquiries which cannot be answered by very simple logic, but because if anyone at all was able to do so, it will still prove pointless, hence a loss of time and resources, until the knowledge of God is spiritually(rather than intellectually), revealed to them by His grace. Take Paul, the intellectual for instance.
I initially quoted jcross19 because he claimed to believe in God only not satisfied with some answers and hoped mine which was directed at you would also satisfy him. However, he seems to present himself here not as a humble seeker of truth but as an outspoken challenger of God, tending to agnostic, if not atheistic.(I do hope I'm wrong though). But if there is anything for you to gain in this, let us dive straight into his "bone of contention".
Why God made Adam not "perfect" is a common question simply a proof of robbery and pride which is in the heart of man. It is same as asking why He didn't make Adam God, acknowledging God as "perfect"(while at the same time, contradicting, by saying He did something imperfect). It is as good as what is today called identity theft. For the Lord, it was no robbery to be God, being God already, but would be for any other creature.(Php 2:6). Should God have made Adam God by right? Even if he should destroy Adam and remake him, he must still be Adam. He simply made Adam and did not give Adam His unique(God) identity so Adam would be Adam, not God. So he gives Adam an open playing field to be himself. If Adam doesn't like being himself, on discovery of attendant imperfections, then he MUST humbly acknowledge to God that he isn't worthy to exist in his self identity but BEG for God's identity to be graciously granted Him(this transaction can be effected on the terms of Adam giving up(trading) his self identity), otherwise may keep his self identity with all its attendant issues. This cannot be automatically done by God but will only be graciously done whenever Adam humbly chooses. So God drove Adam out of the garden so he and his sons will learn from the consequences of their self identity(responsible for their actions) if they want to keep it.
I know I have raised more questions with my answers and I will with further answers but I do not seek to answer all questions(for the Spirit has that place), so I will probably now try to stay off this thread as I believe all my presentations here are enough for the honest seeker to answer his inquiries or at least begin to pursue his answers, in seeking the Spirit.
Wow, look at that, hmm, beautiful understanding, beautiful stuff.

I agree completely and without demur to your whole comment, however Adam might have not been made a God, he was made a god, and he did exercise the privilege of being made a god, leaving us with the history of it all, lol.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 1:31pm On Dec 20, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Why do you believe in gravity?

The force of the earth

I studied advance maths and physics

I ask myself how much force does a bird generate to actually overcome this gravity but then there are some creatures that fly that based on "scientific gravity model" shouldn't be flying

And alot of those theorems are based on assumptions

Now I ask you again, why do you believe in a force beneath the earth and not the one above it

There is nothing like gravity in flat earth

In fact ones you take out gravity the whole scientific model for global shapes and structure of the earth, moon and sun falls apart.
I asked you about the relationship between the flat earth speculation and mathematical relation simply because the current mathematics seem to work perfectly.

Check out orbits of artificial satellites used either as geostationary or otherwise satellites. Every calculation is based on the spherical earth model.

But I still ask, is the moon or sun also flat?
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 1:35pm On Dec 20, 2019
Maximus69:

That's how an intelligent observer behave Sir!

He listens to every commentator and meditate afterwards, note that he is not against any commentator. But it's obvious you are the one setting the rules now on who should or shouldn't comment.

That's reminds me of the religionists in Jesus' day who were fighting hard to stop the Christians from sharing the beliefs with others! wink
And I guess you didn't see another fellow who seem to believe that man was created in a faulty form and that Genesis stories do not add up!

What should those who know better do? Keep quiet!?
No!

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 1:45pm On Dec 20, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]

Ah, I think, I now know what your problem is, lol. Your problem is with the word "terrestrial", lol. You dont seem to know the meaning of "terrestrial", lol. You seem to have being confused and mistaken "terrestrial" to be "celestial", lol.

Of course, it is a material world, and for this is more the reason for them to have the lost God given, God-made-available terrestrial glory covering, lol

I left my house for work yesterday without putting on my wristwatch, I felt naked all day on without it. That is just an illustration to make a point with being naked physically and figuratively. Oh, by the way for over twenty ago I stopped using wristwatches, lol

Now back to the matter on hand, please jcross19, show in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, where the Bible said God covered their nakednẹss with animal skin, lol

Mankind is the only one out of all God's creation that the adjective good in "it is good" that famous commentary comment was not specifically used for. Of course, there is a method in the supposedly madness. If Man was to be created with perfection, then man would have been a tree, a rock, an animal, a cloud, a mountain, a you get the drift lol, but no, man was left created as he was because of the truth in the old aphorism that says: "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, makes you stand a little taller, makes your footsteps even lighter"

jcross19, Adam was being tested, and he too, ironically was testing the saying "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, stronger", lol, maybe jcross19, to see if the saying is true or not, lol. I am sorry its really isnt a laughing or joking matter.

You can see the resilience in man, you can see how man is able to bounce back after something difficult or bad, like eating of fruit of the three of knowledge of Good and Evil (i.e. TKGE) has happened.

jcross19, the purpose of a God test, isnt necessarily to show us up, it is not necessarily to expose someone as being bad and/or faulty, its not about flaws or to show our weaknesses but its for our benefit, its about self-discovery, an opportunity to discover our strengths, the chance to peep and gain an insight into one's own character. jcross19, the true test of a man's character is what he does, when no one is watching, lol.

Remember, jcross19 that the word, God is synonymous with "influential power". God is a supernatural entity and has the capacity to have positive effects on someone's or something's character, development and/or behaviour. God is the Affect, that brings about positive effects. The word God, is closely associated with influencing or tending to suggest an idea of influence

jcross, Jeremiah 32:27 echoes that Yahweh, is God over every creation, creature or creativity, as in, He is God, in the sense that He influences and/or influenced people, just as much as the devil also will if given a foothold, lol

Of course, its hard to believe, but yeah it does mean, its all of God's plan for perfecting man because as it were, out of chaos, emerges harmony and beauty. Good enough isn't good enough, if it can be better. And better isn't good enough, if it can be best, a perfecting and/or perfect man, lol.

"Experience shapes character, and character determines action
a character totally without experience is all but a contradiction in terms
"
- excerpt from page 87, GOD - A BIOGRAPHY by Jack Miles

jcross19, dont worry, you will become aware. With time, you will know about each and everything

jcross19, let me here, shed light on that a bit, as far as I know, human beings as a creation, are born and begin life, initially without character, and if at all any, not very much of it, so in time, we are on earth to acquire, build character and stock up on it. There's no doubt that, we all begin life on earth, with innocence and/or start it with lack of experience. We acquire learning from experiences, well, even kids soon figure out that if you dont learn from experience, you get your fingers burned. So the character development on our individual blank canvases happens or occurs afterwards from our individually separate distinct painful and exhilarating experiences

Incidentally, the Earth is a market place and school, while experience is its hardest kind of teacher of all. We are here on earth to be tested first and then have the lesson with character forming, after the test. You definitely have heard the phrase "out of character," know the implication and understand what is meant by using the phrase

"For we are God's masterpiece.
He has created us anew in Christ Jesus,
so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago
"
- Ephesians 2:10

Ephesians 2:10 above implies you're destined or your destiny is to, do good works, things God had plans for us long time ago to do

jcross19, a person often meets his/her destiny on the road he/she took or was put on, trying to avoid it (e.g. Joseph, Moses, Jesus etcetera)

Ephesians 2:10 above implies you're destined or your destiny is to, do good works

Elsewhere, the bible states that: "Many, however, that live as enemies of the cross of Christ, their destiny is destruction"

You are the captain of your soul, intertwined with the flesh and spirit, hence expectedly the master of your destiny .

Every human has been given the right to decide his/her own destiny jcross19. So you're the designer of your destiny. You're the author. You write the story. The pen is in your hand and the outcome is whatever you choose

It is a show of strength of character that man is still be around. Destroying them in that Eden garden wouldnt solve anything and even if man were to be recreated again, they still will have to be subjected to the test of the fruit all over again jcross19, lol

I could write more stuff, but hey, too much, too soon info, it will be, lol

What does this comment mean? It is said in a way that doesnt makes sense or have any meaning. Please rephrase or say it in a different and clearer way that readers can easily understand what you're saying or said. Thank you

I agree with you!
I hope Jcross19 has not completely made up his mind about his stance.
Adam and Eve are spirit, soul and body. Even if they were physically naked, like the angels, they were not spiritually naked. They were thus like the angels of God.

However, God said: "on the day you eat of the tree, you shall die!"
The spirit of God which clothed them as their covering and glory was removed. They became disconnected from their source of strength and power hence NAKED!

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

And I guess you didn't see another fellow who seem to believe that man was created in a faulty form and that Genesis stories do not add up!

What should those who know better do? Keep quiet!?
No!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! embarassed

If this is what you have in mind at first, then you need to think before you type. Because you purposely mentioned me without considering the comments of others that commentators aren't having the same mindset!

So why mentioning me?
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 4:15pm On Dec 20, 2019
Maximus69:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! embarassed

If this is what you have in mind at first, then you need to think before you type. Because you purposely mentioned me without considering the comments of others that commentators aren't having the same mindset!

So why mentioning me?
Did you see anybody preach church denomination here?
Scriptural understanding is the key and not come to Kingdom Hall/Jehovah's witness to learn.
BTW, I didn't mention you. I only asked a brother not to mind you as you'll derail the thread as usual

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by MuttleyLaff: 4:32pm On Dec 20, 2019
shadeyinka:
I agree with you!
I hope Jcross19 has not completely made up his mind about his stance.
Adam and Eve are spirit, soul and body. Even if they were physically naked, like the angels, they were not spiritually naked. They were thus like the angels of God.

However, God said: "on the day you eat of the tree, you shall die!"
The spirit of God which clothed them as their covering and glory was removed. They became disconnected from their source of strength and power hence NAKED!
shadeyinka, if you agree that Adam and Eve were not spiritually naked, and as a result of that, were like angels, are you able to explain why out of every other part of their human anatomy, it was their niggling tiny bits, as if some incriminating evidence, is what they chose to conceal, hide and/or cover up, hmm? What is going on in there with all that, erhn?
cc Finallydead
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 4:54pm On Dec 20, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Wow, look at that, hmm, beautiful understanding, beautiful stuff.

I agree completely and without demur to your whole comment, however Adam might have not been made a God, he was made a god, and he did exercise the privilege of being made a god, leaving us with the history of it all, lol.
I laugh !!!! so if anyone challenge the authenticity of some bible stories mean you are an atheist or agnostic? right see any religion book that close door for thorough scrutiny of books content mean there are things wrong with such religion.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 5:08pm On Dec 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

I agree with you.
Adam and Eve lost their God given glory and they saw themselves as naked without it!
hello man did not loose any glory they only gain a knowledge. now listen in psalm 8:5-7 says have made them a little lower than the angels 5
and crowned them with glory and honor.
You made them rulers over the works of your hands; 6
you put everything under their feet
all flocks and herds, 7
and the animals of the wild,......,, in genesis 3:21 And God made a garments of skin for Adam , his wife eve and clothed them.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by MuttleyLaff: 5:12pm On Dec 20, 2019
jcross19:
I laugh !!!! so if anyone challenge the authenticity of some bible stories mean you are an atheist or agnostic? right see any religion book that close door for thorough scrutiny of books content mean there are things wrong with such religion.
So what Bible narrative's authenticity are you exactly challenging and why specifically are you challenging them?

jcross19:
And God made a garments of skin for Adam , his wife eve and clothed them.
lol, I see you've learnt to be careful. You no more say animal skin, but you now say ordinary skin. Smart sharp guy, lol.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 5:21pm On Dec 20, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
So what Bible narrative's authenticity are you exactly challenging and why specifically are you challenging them?

lol, I see you've learnt to be careful. You no more say animal skin, but you now say ordinary skin. Smart sharp guy, lol.
in some version is called animal skin.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by MuttleyLaff: 5:47pm On Dec 20, 2019
jcross19:
in some version is called animal skin.
I don't give a monkey what in some versions is what is called animal skin. All that matters to me is, what does the Bible say, and not what I want and like the Bible say, lol.

jcross19, you know as well as I know, the original text doesn't make mention of animal skin nor doesn't make mention of any killing of a lamb for its skin, lol.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 6:02pm On Dec 20, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I don't give a monkey what in some versions is what is called animal skin. All that matters to me is, what does the Bible say, and not what I want and like the Bible say, lol.

jcross19, you know as well as I know, the original text doesn't make mention of animal skin nor doesn't make mention of any killing of a lamb for its skin, lol.

okay sir! what's the meaning of garments of skin.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by Daejoyoung: 6:21pm On Dec 20, 2019
The story of Adam is simply the story of lsrael and her exile from God's promised land(God's garden) and by extension the story of man. Adam is not a literal figure and this myth probably goes back to our ancestors who ran out of Africa. The myth of Adam is most likely about the religous king( ruler of men) who could communicate with the gods.
Genesis 1 is a beautiful poem explaining in general that God created the world and created man in his image. Genesis 2 is a myth that tries to give a foundation to the story of lsrael.

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2019
jcross19:
hello man did not loose any glory they only gain a knowledge. now listen in psalm 8:5-7 says have made them a little lower than the angels 5
and crowned them with glory and honor.
You made them rulers over the works of your hands; 6
you put everything under their feet
all flocks and herds, 7
and the animals of the wild,......,, in genesis 3:21 And God made a garments of skin for Adam , his wife eve and clothed them.
Jcross19, you've just made me see how logical is God cursing Adam and Eve even when He knew that their mentality and maturity was not equal to that of a contemporary toddler.
It makes perfect sense to you, so I leave you to your belief!
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 7:24pm On Dec 20, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
shadeyinka, if you agree that Adam and Eve were not spiritually naked, and as a result of that, were like angels, are you able to explain why out of every other part of their human anatomy, it was their niggling tiny bits, as if some incriminating evidence, is what they chose to conceal, hide and/or cover up, hmm? What is going on in there with all that, erhn?
cc Finallydead
The Bible never said they covered up their private part. They covered their unclothedness.
Gen 3:7:
"And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons."
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 7:26pm On Dec 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

Jcross19, you've just made me see how logical is God cursing Adam and Eve even when He knew that their mentality and maturity was not equal to that of a contemporary toddler.
It makes perfect sense to you, so I leave you to your belief!
according to the bible writer you can't base your knowledge only on the story of garden of Eden every tribe, religion have theirs how are you sure that the story is true. This is just selfishness.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by Daejoyoung: 7:35pm On Dec 20, 2019
jcross19:
according to the bible writer you can't base your knowledge only on the story of garden of Eden every tribe, religion have theirs how are you sure that the story is true. This is just selfishness.
Exactly, every religion and culture have their creation myth.

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 7:50pm On Dec 20, 2019
jcross19:
If you've read the creation story of the oldest civilization in the world (the Sumerians) you will see similarities between their story and Genesis up to the flood of Noah.

Genesis story is not a historical or scientific book, it was a chronicle to explain the why and how of God's dealings with humans!

But you didn't comment of the logic behind God cursing "toddlers" (Adam and Eve) for crimes they didn't have the capacity to comprehend!?
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 7:52pm On Dec 20, 2019
Daejoyoung:

Exactly, every religion and culture have their creation myth.
Am Christian with the help of God some bible stories don't make any single sense that's why in book of Hebrew 11 talks how we should base on observation on faith.. "Faith" when that word is involves mean something is wrong but just accept it like that without evidence .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer / Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men / What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.