Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. (10995 Views)

Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me / The Many Mistakes Of Apostle Paul's Teachings: Mistake No. 7 Correction / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by Janosky: 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2019
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by Janosky: 3:13pm On Dec 18, 2019
solite3:
you are the liar here.

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Your father is the devil no wonder you pour out insults against God.

Liar

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

1 peter 3v18 didnt say Jesus was resurrected in the Spirit realm but that Jesus was resurrected BY the Spirit.

Triune pagan deity devotees LYING on a public forum is second nature& you're EXPOSE yourself.
Your LIES gives birth to MORE LIES..
** 'Jesus is almighty God' Pharisee dey quote 1John2:22.
In Your Bible in 1John 2:22, who is " the Father ? Who is the Son"?
How come your "almighty God" is a son ?
1Peter3:18, "BY" = DUBIOUS.
Not according to the Greek lexicon.

"1 Peter3:18
For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring you to God, after being put to death in the fleshly realm but made alive in the spiritual realm."

Triune pagan deity devotees wan right him own Bible....

Solite3 quote >
"1 peter 3v18 didnt say Jesus was resurrected in the Spirit realm but that Jesus was resurrected BY the Spirit."

* If Solite3 quote is true, Another triune pagan deity Lie exposed: "Jesus resurrected himself"

* Your 1 Peter 3:18 LIE EXPOSES your other LIE . grin
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2019
stupidity:
After praying every morning, I read my bible to gain more knowledge. So I have few questions and I want people that are deep into bible study to help me out.

In the book of Genesis,

Genesis chapter 1 vs 26

“then God said let’s make man in “our” own image, according to “our” likeness”

Q. Who was God referring to as “our” when He alone was and is the only God??

Jesus is the other person. Prov 8:28-30

Q 2. If God created man in His own image, does it mean man was once like God or should I say man was God on earth?

Nope. Man being in God's image means that man has the ability to imitate God's qualities. Animals can't.

1 vs 27 to 29, the creation of man was narrated here.

2 vs 15 to 25, the creation of Adam and Eve was narrated here.

Q. Is the creation of Adam and Eve same as the creation of man in genesis chapter 1 vs 27 to 29?

It is the same. But chapter 1 was much like a summary, while chapter 2 was more detailed in describing what was said in chapter.

Genesis 2vs8

Why did God plant the tree of evil in the garden that was supposed to be heaven on earth? When He knew man has a weakness and where was God when the serpent made Eve eat from the tree of evil? Also why did God put the serpent in the Garden of Eden when He knew the serpent was evil and bound to corrupt God’s creation?

Why plant the tree: To give them opportunity to prove their love for God's standards. God wanted humans on Earth who he would give freewill and they will still CHOOSE to worship Him with their freewill.

God didn't create man with any weakness.

Serpent is among the animals God made. Only that Satan chose to use the serpent. If God didn't create serpent, Satan can choose another animal. The serpent was not evil, just like other animals are not evil. Satan caused the serpent to speak.

Genesis chapter 3vs11, Adam was quick to shift blame to Eve. Typical of mankind. (Still happens till date)

Again in genesis chapter 3vs22, God said “behold, the man has become one of “us” to know good and evil.

God made use of the word “us” again.

In the beginning/creation, no other being, Angel, God was made mention of but only Him. Then who are the “us” He talked about?

Jesus.

Genesis chapter 3vs19, God cursed Adam “in the sweat of your face, you shall eat bread till you return to the ground for out of it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you shall return”

Q. If Adam and Eve had not eaten of the evil tree, does this mean mankind will not know death but live forever on earth? If yes, what happens to the world ever increasing population??

Yes. Adam and Eve would have had the prospect of everlasting life.

The population. None among them lives forever.

2. What would have become of mankind if Adam and Eve had not eaten from the evil tree?

Reason for this last question is, if Adam and Eve was so easy to manipulate and made to eat from the evil tree by a mere serpent right inside the Garden of Eden, this means God’s creation(man) was ALREADY vulnerable(FLAW) even before eating the forbidden fruit.

Nope. There is no flaw in the creation. God created them perfect. However, they were free moral agents, so they can make a decision.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

LOVE!
What would make Buhari enter a faeces filled pit in the rescue of a Nigerian?
What if the child that fell into the pit was Buhari grandchild!? Would Buhari wait for the firebrigade to come and rescue the grandchild or he dives into the mud to save his life??

If you can understand that volition must be tested, you are halfway to understanding!
And also to chip in, The death of Jesus was also judicial.
God gave mankind freewill but he is accountable to God for his choice. For wrong choice has consequences, the wrong choice of Adam was sin and gave way to sin on human race, now sin itself is against God's nature, an act that attracts judicial action but the love of God was to provide a substitute in the person of Jesus Christ.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 4:00pm On Dec 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

LOVE!
What would make Buhari enter a faeces filled pit in the rescue of a Nigerian?
What if the child that fell into the pit was Buhari grandchild!? Would Buhari wait for the firebrigade to come and rescue the grandchild or he dives into the mud to save his life??

If you can understand that volition must be tested, you are halfway to understanding!
do you think there is no way God can do that without using evil to test His creation.. if that story is true then why can't make them to sleep and take that evil out of them or recreate them since He has found flaws in them? but when He wanted to create eve He made Adam to slept off , if He could do that then it takes nothing from Him to reconstruct them. okay why did He have to destroy the world in Genesis 7 why? is not making sense why was the bible made mentioned "regret" to almighty,is a word of weakness.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

Since your organisation is your God, you can "mumuciously" follow them whenever they choose to depart from the gospel of Christ, that's your choice BUT I will not close my eyes when like a wolf in sheep skin you choose to mislead babies in the faith.

I still stand on this scripture even till Christ comes:

Gal 1:8-9:
"But though we (the apostles) or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel to you than that you have received, let him be accursed."

So don't blame me that I did not replace the gospels teachings and the scriptures with men's doctrine as you have done!

The apostles DID not even give themselves that power. They said don't follow us if we deviate from the earlier revealed scriptures!

I shouldn't even have responded to you. It's not about you, it's about the young man who asked a question!
It's not about arguments

@bolded

Exposed your lies Sir!

So if you're sure they've preached another gospel to you, what are you still doing in such a gathering Sir? Psalms 1:1

Well if you agree with us you'll be with us, since you don't agree with us it's understandable that you're not with us so you can't be in our midst. But what are you doing in the midst of those whose teachings and doctrines has NO HOLD ON YOU? cheesy

You will know the TRUTH! John 8:32
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 7:58pm On Dec 18, 2019
solite3:
God gave mankind freewill but he is accountable to God for his choice. For wrong choice has consequences, the wrong choice of Adam was sin and gave way to sin on human race, now sin itself is against God's nature, an act that attracts judicial action but the love of God was to provide a substitute in the person of Jesus Christ.
I agree with you.
Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sin.

It's just a divine rule that is foundational to everything else

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 18, 2019
jcross19:
do you think there is no way God can do that without using evil to test His creation..

(1)if that story is true then why can't make them to sleep and take that evil out of them or recreate them since He has found flaws in them? but when He wanted to create eve He made Adam to slept off ,

(2)if He could do that then it takes nothing from Him to reconstruct them. okay why did He have to destroy the world in Genesis 7 why? is not making sense why was the bible made mentioned "regret" to almighty,is a word of weakness.

These questions of yours are unreachably too high for the intellect of Churchgoers Sir!

But i'll keep the answers to see if any of them can dare to attempt your thought provoking questions! cheesy
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 8:32pm On Dec 18, 2019
Maximus69:

These questions of yours are unreachably too high for the intellect of Churchgoers Sir!

But i'll keep the answers to see if any of them can dare to attempt your thought provoking questions! cheesy
the truth is that something is not adding up in that story! But we should just believe about our salvation if not hmmmmm well something will spoil ooh.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2019
jcross19:
the truth is that something is not adding up in that story! But we should just believe about our salvation if not hmmmmm well something will spoil ooh.

That is unchristian!

Our salvation shouldn't be based on worship that's perfunctory.

We need to be sure of what we believe (trust) for us to be able to defend it or expatiate on it anytime, anywhere and before anyone!

That's the spirit of PURE worship! smiley

Answers to your questions!

First of all, we need to know the meaning of the word HOLY

"God is holy" simply means it's unthinkable for him to plan or scheme evil, neither is he capable of nursing evil thoughts! Habakkuk 1:13 compared to Jeremiah 7:31
He never had such feelings that the intelligent creatures he made could develop evil thoughts since he the father of all Creation is pure in thought! Deuteronomy 32:5

So he expected all his children whether spirit or humans (made in his image) to also behave like his first born Jesus(angel Michael)

Secondly he will not change us all to creatures who must live on instinct!

Why?

Because many have proved beyond all reasonable doubt that his work is flawless with the way they lived their lives!
For instance
Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Job and a host of others, all these are WITNESSES to the fact that it's not God's fault if some chose to be evil! Hebrew 12:1

It would only make sense for him to revert all of us to creatures living on instinct if all of us failed

But for some to have performed excellently in the face of difficult trials even excruciating pains!

NO! Jehovah's name has already been sanctified through the performance of his faithful servants!

In fact that's why he gave all of us who are striving really hard to put on his virtuous new personality { Ephesians 4:24, Colossians 3:10} after Adam has infected us all with sin {Romans 5:12} a new name! Isaiah 65:15

He called us his Witnesses! Isaiah 43:10-12
That's why we are bearing the new group name

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

God bless you!
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2019
Maximus69:

That is unchristian!

We need to be sure of what we believe (trust) for us to be able to defend it or expatiate on it anytime, anywhere and before anyone!

I laugh again see when you encounter God you will learn how to trust Him. This is my conclusion not every thing in the bible that make sense but one thing am sure is that there is a salvation in it.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jamesid29(m): 3:52am On Dec 19, 2019
stupidity:
After praying every morning, I read my bible to gain more knowledge. So I have few questions and I want people that are deep into bible study to help me out.

In the book of Genesis,

Genesis chapter 1 vs 26

Q 2. If God created man in His own image, does it mean man was once like God or should I say man was God on earth?

Q. Is the creation of Adam and Eve same as the creation of man in genesis chapter 1 vs 27 to 29?

Reason why I’m asking the question is, the first creation of man narrated in Genesis 1vs27-29 seems not to go into much details until Adam and Eve’s creation.

Genesis 2vs8

Why did God plant the tree of evil in the garden that was supposed to be heaven on earth? When He knew man has a weakness and where was God when the serpent made Eve eat from the tree of evil? Also why did God put the serpent in the Garden of Eden when He knew the serpent was evil and bound to corrupt God’s creation?

Genesis chapter 3vs11, Adam was quick to shift blame to Eve. Typical of mankind. (Still happens till date)

Again in genesis chapter 3vs22, God said “behold, the man has become one of “us” to know good and evil.
Hi.. Very interesting questions you raised here but I fear nairaland is not the right place to ask them. I do not mean there aren't people who can give good answers to your questions, as in my humble opinion, there are already some really great answers to some of your questions . It's just the way nairaland is structured, there's really not much control on how answers are given so it's easy for good answers to be crowded out by really bad ones making it hard to determine what is what and also topics can quickly go in different directions, further adding more confusion than clarity.

If you have these types of questions and would like to throw it out to people, I would suggest a forum like https://hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/ . It's a much more controlled forum as purely opinion based answers are not allowed[posters have to link their sources if applicable or show deep knowledge of the topic in their answers]. And Also good answers are usually upvoted by the community which makes it easier to sieve through levels of answers.
Like most things,it's also not a perfect but it's a good place to see how others are parsing certain biblical text or topic. As an earlier poster has said, every information should be laid side by with the bible and if it contradict it, it should be discarded, regardless of it's sources ,popularity or upvotes.

Also if you are interested in getting a glimpse of the discussions that have been going on for centuries about certain text of the bible like some you raised above. I would suggest adding the NET BIBLE to your asernal of bible translations. It's a free online bible translation and you can also get it on the Bible app or on Logos. It's not like it's better than other translations or that it is exceptional, but what it brings to the table is, it comes with a lot of translators notes. It shows you discussions going on on certain difficult text, gives you cultural background and context on many parts of the Bible, shows you how certain words in the Bible have been historically understood and how that has changed over the centuries and why, points you to further scholarly resources etc. It's a really good translation to add to your current translation especially if you are interested in going behind the scenes of the Bible.

Finally, may I suggest getting the read scripture app(https://www.readscripture.org/), you can download it on your phone. It's a "read the Bible in year app" but what's great about it is , it gives you a 5min video overview of each book of the Bible and gives you some history about the book,it's cultural setting and context, helps connects some dots that is usually easily missed and helps you see how the book connects to the larger story of the Bible. It's quite a really nifty tool to have even if you are a seasoned biblical student. You don't really need to you use it's bible plan, you can stick to your plan but watch it's videos all at once or bit by bit. Watching it's videos would give you some insight into some of the questions you raised even if it doesn't outright answer them.

I know these are not direct answers to your questions but I hope you find them useful. And if need any further resources like book recommendations, lecture series etc, I'll be more than happy to help.

Good bless
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by Nobody: 4:13am On Dec 19, 2019
@jcross19
Maximus69:

That is unchristian!

Answers to your questions!

First of all, we need to know the meaning of the word HOLY

"God is holy" simply means it's unthinkable for him to plan or scheme evil, neither is he capable of nursing evil thoughts! Habakkuk 1:13 compared to Jeremiah 7:31
He never had such feelings that the intelligent creatures he made could develop evil thoughts since he the father of all Creation is pure in thought! Deuteronomy 32:5

So he expected all his children whether spirit or humans (made in his image) to also behave like his first born Jesus(angel Michael)

Secondly he will not change us all to creatures who must live on instinct!

Why?

Because many have proved beyond all reasonable doubt that his work is flawless with the way they lived their lives!
For instance
Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Job and a host of others, all these are WITNESSES to the fact that it's not God's fault if some chose to be evil! Hebrew 12:1

It would only make sense for him to revert all of us to creatures living on instinct if all of us failed

But for some to have performed excellently in the face of difficult trials even excruciating pains!

NO! Jehovah's name has already been sanctified through the performance of his faithful servants!

In fact that's why he gave all of us who are striving really hard to put on his virtuous new personality { Ephesians 4:24, Colossians 3:10} after Adam has infected us all with sin {Romans 5:12} a new name! Isaiah 65:15

He called us his Witnesses! Isaiah 43:10-12
That's why we are bearing the new group name

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

God bless you!

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 5:18am On Dec 19, 2019
solite3:
I agree, with you!
God, even before creating anything had to invoke "the sacrifice of the Lamb of God" slain before the foundations of the world as the basis for redemption of the universe.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 5:37am On Dec 19, 2019
jcross19:
do you think there is no way God can do that without using evil to test His creation.. if that story is true then why can't make them to sleep and take that evil out of them or recreate them since He has found flaws in them? but when He wanted to create eve He made Adam to slept off , if He could do that then it takes nothing from Him to reconstruct them. okay why did He have to destroy the world in Genesis 7 why? is not making sense why was the bible made mentioned "regret" to almighty,is a word of weakness.
God did not use evil to test his creation. God used the advent "evil" to SELECT desirable qualities in man. In spite of evil, aren't some humans still good? In spite of hardships, aren't some humans still lovely?

Like I said freedom of choice isn't free if opportunity for making choices are restricted. God made humans with capacity for volition, SIN was just a consequence of such.

Could God not have made us perfectly incapable of Sin and Evil from the beginning?
Of course He can, but He would have created Robots and not a class of beings who are INDEPENDENT by yet SUBMISSIVE to the will and desire of God.

Let me ask you two similar questions.
1. If you are the top General in the army and so son want to join the army, would you allow him to experience the hardships of "basic infantry trainings?"
2. If you are the best neuro-surgeon in this world and you have the biggest collection of books and information on medicine and surgery, would you allow your son to go through the difficult medical school (with there grulesom exams) or just give him your library of books ?

Some things can only be learnt by experience.
Some selections can only be done by testing.

It makes perfect sense!

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 5:50am On Dec 19, 2019
jcross19:
it did not make any sense bro. Then why sending your only son to die on the cross for the sin of mankind ? All the stories don't make any sense. Creation stories are full of flaws.
In programming, you have what is called "back door codes". They are computer codes written solely for the programmer to have access in maintaining the software without having to remove it first from the computer (eg. Online Windows update are done through backdoor codes)

God before creation has designed that the backdoor to rectifying any defects in humans would be through the BLOOD and LIFE from sacrifice based on LOVE. Hence,

Rev 13:8:
"And all they dwelling upon earth shall worship him, whose names have not been written in the book of life of the slain Lamb from the foundation of the world ."

The basis of correction and repair of the universe is based on sacrifice. This explains why a sinless Personality must be sacrificed for correction and not a rewrite of the universe!
It makes perfect sense!

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 6:51am On Dec 19, 2019
stupidity:

In the book of Genesis,

Genesis chapter 1 vs 26

First, there is only just ONE Creator God!
When God said "Let us make man in our image.." refers to this Creator God from two perspectives
1. Semitic languages use "plural" in the description of a singular powerful individual. It's kind of similar to the way the Yoruba people will use plural in addressing an elderly person or a royalty
2. God referring to Himself from the perspective of the Trinity of Himself as
The Father (who wills and decide things to be)
The Word (who commands things to be)
The Holy Spirit (who makes things to be)

Understanding Trinity is like understanding the Trinity of man as ONE man with
The Soul (who intellectually wills, feels emotions)
The Body (who interacts with the physical environment)
The Spirit (who interacts with the spirit realm)

stupidity:

No!
Man created in God's image means to have some attributes of God.
eg. Sophia the AI robot was created in the image of man

https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
Web results
Sophia (robot) - Wikipedia

stupidity:

Reason why I’m asking the question is, the first creation of man narrated in Genesis 1vs27-29 seems not to go into much details until Adam and Eve’s creation.
Genesis isn't a historical book nor a Scientific book. It was a book to explain the beginning and the advent of evil.

Hence, the two accounts are the same story written from two perspectives. The first was a summary of creation and placement of man and the second was a more detailed perspective explaining how Eve came to be.

stupidity:

Genesis 2vs8

The Tree of the knowledge of good and evil is a symbol of an EXAM that completes VOLITION as part of man's nature (of being like God). Freewill is not free if it is constrained from being tested.

The serpent/snake is a beautiful animal created by God. It wasn't evil in the first place. However and unfortunately, it was the physical entity that satan entered as a vessel to communicate to Eve!

Within the fall of man is a selection process where God separate between righteous and unrighteous humans (as a product of their volition).

stupidity:

In the beginning/creation, no other being, Angel, God was made mention of but only Him. Then who are the “us” He talked about?
Behold, man has been like us....is speaking about Complete Independence. That is the meaning of knowing good and evil (knowing independence). Unfortunately, unlike God, man cannot self-sustain his existence. Hence, independence has cost him his life.

Gen 2:17:
"But from the tree to know good and evil thou shalt not eat from it, for in the day of thy eating from it, dying, thou shalt die."

It's like a phone who declared it's independence from the charging power point. It is doomed to pack up with time.

stupidity:

Genesis chapter 3vs19, God cursed Adam “in the sweat of your face, you shall eat bread till you return to the ground for out of it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you shall return”

Q. If Adam and Eve had not eaten of the evil tree, does this mean mankind will not know death but live forever on earth? If yes, what happens to the world ever increasing population??
We can only speculate here as the environment is different. If sin didn't enter the world, food and resource control may never be a problem as the ground/earth would not be cursed for man's sake. We don't know what will happen to birth rates (we can't assume it will be like it is now). The nature of man gives him total Dominion over the universe not just the earth.

We can only speculate!

stupidity:

Q 2. What would have become of mankind if Adam and Eve had not eaten from the evil tree?

Reason for this last question is, if Adam and Eve was so easy to manipulate and made to eat from the evil tree by a mere serpent right inside the Garden of Eden, this means God’s creation(man) was ALREADY vulnerable(FLAW) even before eating the forbidden fruit.

PLEASE your contributions are very welcomed!! I’m learning. Pardon my moniker.
Man was created perfect but with a WILL/VOLITION!
Eve saw that the fruit was appetising AND it has the potential of making one wise (becoming independent of God for anything), she exercised her Volition By Disregarding a clear instruction.
Adam probably saw that nothing bad happened to Eve after eating of the tree that he too took out of it.

There was no flaw in man's creation.

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 7:18am On Dec 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

In programming, you have what is called "back door codes". They are computer codes written solely for the programmer to have access in maintaining the software without having to remove it first from the computer (eg. Online Windows update are done through backdoor codes)

God before creation has designed that the backdoor to rectifying any defects in humans would be through the BLOOD and LIFE from sacrifice based on LOVE. Hence,

Rev 13:8:
"And all they dwelling upon earth shall worship him, whose names have not been written in the book of life of the slain Lamb from the foundation of the world ."

The basis of correction and repair of the universe is based on sacrifice. This explains why a sinless Personality must be sacrificed for correction and not a rewrite of the universe!
It makes perfect sense!
from your assumption it means God created flaws and planed another means to clear the flaw right ! the more you are trying to justify the story the more you expose the crack in the story.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 7:23am On Dec 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

God did not use evil to test his creation. God used the advent "evil" to SELECT desirable qualities in man. In spite of evil, aren't some humans still good? In spite of hardships, aren't some humans still lovely?

Like I said freedom of choice isn't free if opportunity for making choices are restricted. God made humans with capacity for volition, SIN was just a consequence of such.

Could God not have made us perfectly incapable of Sin and Evil from the beginning?
Of course He can, but He would have created Robots and not a class of beings who are INDEPENDENT by yet SUBMISSIVE to the will and desire of God.

Let me ask you two similar questions.
1. If you are the top General in the army and so son want to join the army, would you allow him to experience the hardships of "basic infantry trainings?"
2. If you are the best neuro-surgeon in this world and you have the biggest collection of books and information on medicine and surgery, would you allow your son to go through the difficult medical school (with there grulesom exams) or just give him your library of books ?

Some things can only be learnt by experience.
Some selections can only be done by testing.

It makes perfect sense!
oh there is no question you can ask to justify the act in that Eden , if that great God can create such huge universe wow such God is awesome and that story in the Eden belittle His masterpiece of His intellectual . am asking this simple question can you use snipper to test your toddler ? then why are they putting keep out children reach.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 7:27am On Dec 19, 2019
jcross19:
from your assumption it means God created flaws and planed another means to clear the flaw right ! the more you are trying to justify the story the more you expose the crack in the story.
No sir!
It's called Foreknowledge.

If you aren't subject to time, you can mitigate against possible consequences of your work even before it is made.

Have you even considered the effect of FREEWILL?
It means man and not God determines the outcome of events.

The only way to have a guaranteed outcome is
1. To abolish freewill
2. To create "backdoor program" based on foreknowledge.

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 7:37am On Dec 19, 2019
jcross19:
oh there is no question you can ask to justify the act in that Eden , if that great God can create such huge universe wow such God is awesome and that story in the Eden belittle His masterpiece of His intellectual . am asking this simple question can you use snipper to test your toddler ? then why are they putting keep out children reach.
1. Adam and Eve were not toddlers.
They were matured intelligent beings.
2. Selection of desirable humans with godly trait is the objective of God and not the creation of humanoids.
3. Humans are not more important than any other animals except that it is in him God put both His spirit and Volition.

What makes man important isn't his creation BUT his (earned by excercise of his volition) suitability for God's use

Don't you think that here is a difference between children of God and creations of God!?

Why did your parents send you to schools where exams are taken and grades awarded?
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by BlueAngel444: 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2019
jcross19:
Did God create that "universe"

https://www.nairaland.com/5589661/did-god-create-space#85044838
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 4:01pm On Dec 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

1. Adam and Eve were not toddlers.
They were matured intelligent beings.
2. Selection of desirable humans with godly trait is the objective of God and not the creation of humanoids.
3. Humans are not more important than any other animals except that it is in him God put both His spirit and Volition.

What makes man important isn't his creation BUT his (earned by excercise of his volition) suitability for God's use

Don't you think that here is a difference between children of God and creations of God!?

Why did your parents send you to schools where exams are taken and grades awarded?

they were not intelligent being sir the bible says they were naked but after eating the fruit their eyes opened meaning their intellectual capacity is of hat toddler's. clear in the bible it says the tree of knowledge and evil meaning they were without knowledge . in some part of amazon some set human being were found naked , behaving like animal because of level of their understanding that was how Adam and eve looked like.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 6:04pm On Dec 19, 2019
jcross19:
they were not intelligent being sir the bible says they were naked but after eating the fruit their eyes opened meaning their intellectual capacity is of hat toddler's. clear in the bible it says the tree of knowledge and evil meaning they were without knowledge . in some part of amazon some set human being were found naked , behaving like animal because of level of their understanding that was how Adam and eve looked like.
Yours is a simplistic view of the event.
There was no reason for Adam and Eve to feel ashamed because they were both naked (they are just two humans for God's sake).

Why do you think they were afraid to welcome God?

The description of naked in this sense does not mean unclothed. It means striped of glory!

If Adam was unintelligent, how was he able to name all living things.
Gen 2:19:
"And Jehovah God will form out of the earth every living thing of the field, and all the birds of the heavens, and he will bring in to the man to see what he will call to it; and all which the man will call it to the living soul, that its name."

Let me give you an instance. On the day Gaddafi was caught, he was caught hiding (stripped of all his powers). He became like an ordinary Libyan begging for his life.
He had been himself (the same Gaddafi) all along but that day, his eyes were opened: and he saw himself "naked"!

The first sacrifice was made to clothe Adam and Eve to be able to cope with living on this terrestrial ball. Now, instead of Adam being able to take a lion by the mane and stroking it, man became potential FOOD for lions. The humiliation was massive!

Comprehende!

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 7:41pm On Dec 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

Yours is a simplistic view of the event.
There was no reason for Adam and Eve to feel ashamed because they were both naked (they are just two humans for God's sake).

Why do you think they were afraid to welcome God?

The description of naked in this sense does not mean unclothed. It means striped of glory!

If Adam was unintelligent, how was he able to name all living things.
Gen 2:19:
"And Jehovah God will form out of the earth every living thing of the field, and all the birds of the heavens, and he will bring in to the man to see what he will call to it; and all which the man will call it to the living soul, that its name."

Let me give you an instance. On the day Gaddafi was caught, he was caught hiding (stripped of all his powers). He became like an ordinary Libyan begging for his life.
He had been himself (the same Gaddafi) all along but that day, his eyes were opened: and he saw himself "naked"!

The first sacrifice was made to clothe Adam and Eve to be able to cope with living on this terrestrial ball. Now, instead of Adam being able to take a lion by the mane and stroking it, man became potential FOOD for lions. The humiliation was massive!

Comprehende!
he was afraid because he has eaten the fruit knowledge, it's clearly stated that their eyes opened meaning they regained sanity like they discovered what there were . let me correct you Sir! They were "afraid"came is it after they ate the fruit or before they ate the fruit?
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 8:30pm On Dec 19, 2019
jcross19:
he was afraid because he has eaten the fruit knowledge, it's clearly stated that their eyes opened meaning they regained sanity like they discovered what there were . let me correct you Sir! They were "afraid"came is it after they ate the fruit or before they ate the fruit?
Fear is one of the emotions of the soul. Animals experience fear too but they didn't eat the fruit!

They were sane before and after they are the fruit.
They were feeling guilty after they ate the fruit realising the consequence of their actions.

Let me ask you a question:
Before the fall, Adam could name animals like lions, tigers, hyena, etc. Even Eve was comfortable with speaking with a snake.

How come after the fall Adam and Eve became potential food to these animals?
In other words, why do you think the animals suddenly lost respect for humans?
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by sonmvayina(m): 8:47pm On Dec 19, 2019
stupidity:

In the book of Genesis,

Genesis chapter 1 vs 26

Genesis 2vs8

Q 2. What would have become of mankind if Adam and Eve had not eaten from the evil tree?

PLEASE your contributions are very welcomed!! I’m learning. Pardon my moniker.

I have answered this question before.. God was talking to the earth.. Continue reading you will understand..

"And God formed man from the dust of the earth and breathed in his nostrils and man became a living being".. Man is made of spirit and body.. God provided the spirit and the earth provided the dust for the body.. So we are Gods on a human journey or walking a human path or having a human experience.... We are spiritual beings.. Read psalm 104 :29-31 and Ecclesiastes 12 :7..

The story of Adam and eve is not literal it is an allegorical story.. About life and death and how man lost the chance of eternal life, it was adapted from am ancient babylonian epic about Adapa..
The serpent of the good tree was Ninghiszida and the serpent of the Evil tree was Inanna..
It is about God giving man the greatest gift.. Which is the ability and capacity to make choice...
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

Fear is one of the emotions of the soul. Animals experience fear too but they didn't eat the fruit!

They were sane before and after they are the fruit.
They were feeling guilty after they ate the fruit realising the consequence of their actions.

Let me ask you a question:
Before the fall, Adam could name animals like lions, tigers, hyena, etc. Even Eve was comfortable with speaki
How come after the fall Adam and Eve became potential food to these animals?
In other words, why do you think the animals suddenly lost respect for humans?
simple question I asked! The bible says they ate the fruit of knowledge and evil that's to know the good and bad , their intellectual improved after eating the fruit. Meaning they were retarded and dumbs so let's get this straight if we should that story of that garden of Eden it shows some lapses about the creator in that story maybe the narrator did not get his fact right. God don't make mistake there is always a way to amend mistake.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by sonmvayina(m): 9:24pm On Dec 19, 2019
jcross19:
simple question I asked! The bible says they ate the fruit of knowledge and evil that's to know the good and bad , their intellectual improved after eating the fruit. Meaning they were retarded and dumbs so let's get this straight if we should that story of that garden of Eden it shows some lapses about the creator in that story maybe the narrator did not get his fact right. God don't make mistake there is always a way to amend mistake.
Who is the mistake?.. You or God
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2019
sonmvayina:

Who is the mistake?.. You or God
ask the bible! The narrator of the story. It depicted flaw in that creator. The more we try to defend so flaws in the bible the more we sound foolish and stupid.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by sonmvayina(m): 9:41pm On Dec 19, 2019
jcross19:
ask the bible! The narrator of the story. It depicted flaw in that creator. The more we try to defend so flaws in the bible the more we sound foolish and stupid.

Who told you the narrator was writing an actual story or event?.. Seriously?
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 9:44pm On Dec 19, 2019
sonmvayina:

I have answered this question before.. God was talking to the earth.. Continue reading you will understand..

"And God formed man from the dust of the earth and breathed in his nostrils and man became a living being".. Man is made of spirit and body.. God provided the spirit and the earth provided the dust for the body.. So we are Gods on a human journey or walking a human path or having a human experience.... We are spiritual beings.. Read psalm 104 :29-31 and Ecclesiastes 12 :7..

The story of Adam and eve is not literal it is an allegorical story.. About life and death and how man lost the chance of eternal life, it was adapted from am ancient babylonian epic about Adapa..
The serpent of the good tree was Ninghiszida and the serpent of the Evil tree was Inanna..
It is about God giving man the greatest gift.. Which is the ability and capacity to make choice...

in genesis 3 was the fall of man in which you can easily reformat them and re-install them back but the story teller said in genesis 7 the creator " regretted " and wiped them off now two questions are these-1) what's the purpose of God leaving them when He knows that they will provoke Him and He will destroy them because He knows the end from.the beginning? 2) how can God regret since He knows what He created . the word regret have damage the true or authenticity of the story because God can never regret.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Who Is Jesus Christ? / Is It True, CCC And C&S Are Into Worship Of Water Spirit Without Knowing? / Mothering Sunday Or Mother's Sunday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.