Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,155 members, 7,835,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. (10979 Views)

Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me / The Many Mistakes Of Apostle Paul's Teachings: Mistake No. 7 Correction / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 9:56pm On Dec 19, 2019
sonmvayina:

Who told you the narrator was writing an actual story or event?.. Seriously?
sit down sir and read your bible let me burst you again in genesis chapter 1 , the order of creation now look at this..... On the fourth day God created sun, moon and stars . commanded the sun to be in charge of the day and the moon to be in charge of the night now this is my question in those previous days what gave the day light because without the reflection of sun there is no day or is there another source of light again except sun? How did get three days without sun?
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by BlueAngel444: 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

Yours is a simplistic view of the event.
There was no reason for Adam and Eve to feel ashamed because they were both naked (they are just two humans for God's sake).

Why do you think they were afraid to welcome God?

The description of naked in this sense does not mean unclothed. It means striped of glory!

If Adam was unintelligent, how was he able to name all living things.
Gen 2:19:
"And Jehovah God will form out of the earth every living thing of the field, and all the birds of the heavens, and he will bring in to the man to see what he will call to it; and all which the man will call it to the living soul, that its name."

Let me give you an instance. On the day Gaddafi was caught, he was caught hiding (stripped of all his powers). He became like an ordinary Libyan begging for his life.
He had been himself (the same Gaddafi) all along but that day, his eyes were opened: and he saw himself "naked"!

The first sacrifice was made to clothe Adam and Eve to be able to cope with living on this terrestrial ball. Now, instead of Adam being able to take a lion by the mane and stroking it, man became potential FOOD for lions. The humiliation was massive!

Comprehende!
shocked wait so you believe we live on a terrestrial ball
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by BlueAngel444: 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2019
jcross19:
they were not intelligent being sir the bible says they were naked but after eating the fruit their eyes opened meaning their intellectual capacity is of hat toddler's. clear in the bible it says the tree of knowledge and evil meaning they were without knowledge . in some part of amazon some set human being were found naked , behaving like animal because of level of their understanding that was how Adam and eve looked like.

Bro, knowing a lie doesn't make one knowledgeable

It also doesn't mean they previously had no knowledge what so ever, because Adam spoke knowledgeably as well as Eve.

It was the type of knowledge they got that's the whole koko
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 10:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Bro, knowing a lie doesn't make one knowledgeable

It also doesn't mean they previously had no knowledge what so ever, because Adam spoke knowledgeably as well as Eve.

It was the type of knowledge they got that's the whole koko
its clear there that is knowledge of good and bad! , when their eyes opened they noticed that they were naked what does that mean to you? Now if you see a man without cloth on his body what will you say? The toddler sense in them did not tell them that they were naked.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 10:11pm On Dec 19, 2019
BlueAngel444:
no you are living in flat earth..
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by BlueAngel444: 10:25pm On Dec 19, 2019
jcross19:
simple question I asked! The bible says they ate the fruit of knowledge and evil that's to know the good and bad , their intellectual improved after eating the fruit. Meaning they were retarded and dumbs so let's get this straight if we should that story of that garden of Eden it shows some lapses about the creator in that story maybe the narrator did not get his fact right. God don't make mistake there is always a way to amend mistake.

And you believe that because

Please don't say evolution undecided
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by BlueAngel444: 10:29pm On Dec 19, 2019
jcross19:
its clear there that is knowledge of good and bad! , when their eyes opened they noticed that they were naked what does that mean to you? Now if you see a man without cloth on his body what will you say? The toddler sense in them did not tell them that they were naked.

Mehn ur free to either learn the truth and stay stick with what you claim is true.

For me to answer this question, means I would have to teach you certain things from scratch. And that's only for those who desire to learn.

Here something for you to ponder on, with all of man's gotten knowledge he still can't keep himself alive.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by sonmvayina(m): 10:31pm On Dec 19, 2019
jcross19:
sit down sir and read your bible let me burst you again in genesis chapter 1 , the order of creation now look at this..... On the fourth day God created sun, moon and stars . commanded the sun to be in charge of the day and the moon to be in charge of the night now this is my question in those previous days what gave the day light because without the reflection of sun there is no day or is there another source of light again except sun? How did get three days without sun?

You have not answered my question.. Who told you the author was writing an actual event?.. I need a name... Not this epistle you are writing...
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by BlueAngel444: 10:33pm On Dec 19, 2019
sonmvayina:

I have answered this question before.. God was talking to the earth.. Continue reading you will understand..

"And God formed man from the dust of the earth and breathed in his nostrils and man became a living being".. Man is made of spirit and body.. God provided the spirit and the earth provided the dust for the body.. So we are Gods on a human journey or walking a human path or having a human experience.... We are spiritual beings.. Read psalm 104 :29-31 and Ecclesiastes 12 :7..

The story of Adam and eve is not literal it is an allegorical story.. About life and death and how man lost the chance of eternal life, it was adapted from am ancient babylonian epic about Adapa..
The serpent of the good tree was Ninghiszida and the serpent of the Evil tree was Inanna..
It is about God giving man the greatest gift.. Which is the ability and capacity to make choice...

God was not talking to the earth and we were not spiritual beings
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by BlueAngel444: 10:35pm On Dec 19, 2019
jcross19:
ask the bible! The narrator of the story. It depicted flaw in that creator. The more we try to defend so flaws in the bible the more we sound foolish and stupid.

Have you ever seen a person try to explain what they clearly don't understand cheesy
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by sonmvayina(m): 10:38pm On Dec 19, 2019
jcross19:
in genesis 3 was the fall of man in which you can easily reformat them and re-install them back but the story teller said in genesis 7 the creator " regretted " and wiped them off now two questions are these-1) what's the purpose of God leaving them when He knows that they will provoke Him and He will destroy them because He knows the end from.the beginning? 2) how can God regret since He knows what He created . the word regret have damage the true or authenticity of the story because God can never regret.

Exactly.. So the story teller might be talking about something else, you are trying to interpret the words of the story... You are suppose to concern yourself with the messages in the story.. The story are not real... But the messages are...
God is not a man or human being.. God is the personification of the totality of divine consciousness... Fully embodied..
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by sonmvayina(m): 10:41pm On Dec 19, 2019
BlueAngel444:

I am, maybe not you... Read psalm 104 :29-31 and Ecclessiatics 12 :7...tell me what you think about them..
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by sonmvayina(m): 10:42pm On Dec 19, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Study this

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by sonmvayina(m): 10:46pm On Dec 19, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Mehn ur free to either learn the truth and stay stick with what you claim is true.

For me to answer this question, means I would have to teach you certain things from scratch. And that's only for those who desire to learn.

Here something for you to ponjder on, with all of man's gotten knowledge he still can't keep himself alive[/b].

Death is an illusion... Life and death is one and the same thing.. Life is a circle, death is just a point on it..
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by BlueAngel444: 10:53pm On Dec 19, 2019
Finallydead:
Sir, let me first commend you for asking this question, because only atheists or serious believers ask such questions(I don't know which you are, if you are of God, you should immediately change that profile pic). However, one thing I usually suggest to believers, is ask every question possible, expecting a satisfactory answer to come at some point, yet don't expect that any bible scholar(no matter how knowledgeable), or your personal study ALONE will give you all accurate and satisfactory answers, because we all being imperfect only know in part(1Cor13:9,12). For perfect and satisfactory knowledge, we must learn to rely on the Spirit(1Cor2:10-16) i.e. invest in growing your relationship with Him, following him step by step until at some point(patience is required), He leads us into all truth. (Jn14:26, Jn16:13)
Now, to your question, here is a piece from my answer to another on a similar subject. Hope you find it helpful. Further questions are welcomed.
Adam never had the nature of God(image of God), which is the Word of God Himself (Heb 1:3) but was only made in God's likeness(resemblance in looks, design, structure and form) as the account was careful to specify(Gen 5:1). Had he had God's nature neither he nor eve would have been victims of Satan's deception, just like the Word Himself(Mt 4:3-11) proved. To give one God's nature(image/character/attribute) is to take away one's unique identity from him, which defeats the purpose of creation. You may ask about Gen 1:26, then. Take this(Gen 1:1-2:3) to be a different frame of existence only structuring than what actually happened on earth as we know it today(which began in Gen 2:4). The created objects mentioned in (Gen 1) are Divine figures of speech and the man in v26 is actually Christ not Adam, the male being Christ and the female being the bride of Christ. In the Hebrew, the word for Man(v26) and Adam are two very related words with the same spelling except the addition of an tittle on one of the letters and hence a slightly different pronunciation. In other words though Adam was symbolic of the man in v26, he isn't that man.

@stupidity if there is any response to your questions you need to hold unto it's this.

Why? Because not many know what this poster knows.

I know all the answers to your questions, that is why I know that this answer above is closest to the accurate answer.

Infact if you only study the above you will get answers for the rest of your questions.

Others where responding out of imagination and fantasy and I must say Finallydead you might actually be part of the few on earth that actually know God.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 10:57pm On Dec 19, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Here something for you to ponder on, with all of man's gotten knowledge he still can't keep himself alive.
you have nothing to offer! I gave you a question but you are dodging the test. am talking from the perspective view of the chapter like I have said you have nothing to say.

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by BlueAngel444: 11:00pm On Dec 19, 2019
sonmvayina:

I am, maybe not you... Read psalm 104 :29-31 and Ecclessiatics 12 :7...tell me what you think about them..

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:45
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by sonmvayina(m): 11:03pm On Dec 19, 2019
BlueAngel444:

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:45

I don't understand... Read those passages and tell me what you think about it..
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 11:03pm On Dec 19, 2019
BlueAngel444:

And you believe that because

Please don't say evolution undecided
but is there in the bible that after they ate the fruit their eyes opened so what is that Bible mean "eyes opened" can you explain it.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by BlueAngel444: 11:06pm On Dec 19, 2019
jcross19:
you have nothing to offer! I gave you a question but you are dodging the test. am talking from the perspective view of the chapter like I have said you have nothing to say.

You're right I HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER YOU

Even if I did, you would reject it.

My answer:

You are naked
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by BlueAngel444: 11:07pm On Dec 19, 2019
jcross19:
but is there in the bible that after they ate the fruit their eyes opened so what is that Bible mean "eyes opened" can you explain it.

Yes I can
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by BlueAngel444: 11:08pm On Dec 19, 2019
sonmvayina:

I don't understand... Read those passages and tell me what you think about it..

Are you more interested in what I think or in the truth undecided
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 11:21pm On Dec 19, 2019
BlueAngel444:

You're right I HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER YOU

Even if I did, you would reject it.

My answer:

You are naked
stop talking trash address the debate period
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by sonmvayina(m): 11:23pm On Dec 19, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Are you more interested in what I think or in the truth undecided

Read it.... It might lead you to a new road you never thought existed.. A road that will lead you to the promised land.. Don't be scared..
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by BlueAngel444: 12:45am On Dec 20, 2019
sonmvayina:

Read it.... It might lead you to a new road you never thought existed.. A road that will lead you to the promised land.. Don't be scared..
Oh I did read it and besides I have been on that road

U seem fascinated in the concept of birth and death
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 5:22am On Dec 20, 2019
jcross19:
simple question I asked! The bible says they ate the fruit of knowledge and evil that's to know the good and bad , their intellectual improved after eating the fruit. Meaning they were retarded and dumbs so let's get this straight if we should that story of that garden of Eden it shows some lapses about the creator in that story maybe the narrator did not get his fact right. God don't make mistake there is always a way to amend mistake.
If you insist Adam and Eve were literally naked and dumb, there is nothing I can do about that
BUT
You still should answer:

Before the fall, Adam could name animals like lions, tigers, hyena, etc. Even Eve was comfortable with speaking with a snake

How come after the fall Adam and Eve became potential food to these animals?
In other words, why do you think the animals suddenly lost respect for humans?

Answering this correctly will make you see that the unclothedness was not about physical clothing BUT glory and power lost
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 5:26am On Dec 20, 2019
BlueAngel444:
What's so special with that!
Terrestrial ball is another way of saying earth (as a sphere or globe)!

Maybe a yam not understanding!
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by shadeyinka(m): 5:32am On Dec 20, 2019
jcross19:
But I have explained it. I even used Gaddafi as an example and also asked why carnivorous animals now have lost respect for humans!
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by MuttleyLaff: 6:18am On Dec 20, 2019
jcross19:

shadeyinka:
But I have explained it. I even used Gaddafi as an example and also asked why carnivorous animals now have lost respect for humans!
jcross19 "eyes opened" can be explained with the popular saying: "you don't know what you've got until it's gone". They were all along naked but because of the covering light, righteousness of God covering they had on, they did not mind their nakednẹss.

The moment after eating of the fruit of the three of knowledge of Good and Evil (i.e. TKGE), they lost that God given, God-made-available terrestrial glory and their eyes opened to the fact that it now has been substituted with a telestial state one. They must have never thought they'd lose that terrestrial glory. It must have been a shock and embrassment for them, and this probably explains why they sought for fig leaves to hide/conceal their incriminating tiny bits and even go into hiding from God, when God turned up walking in the garden during the breeze of the day.
cc: Finallydead
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by sonmvayina(m): 7:58am On Dec 20, 2019
BlueAngel444:

Oh I did read it and besides I have been on that road

U seem fascinated in the concept of birth and death

Death is birth turned inside out....
"the spirit returns to God who gave it and the body returns to dust..

So we are spirits swelling inside a body made of dust...

We are the miracle... You don't need a degree in theology to figure that out... Why are you scared of the facts..?.. Because your Jesus does not fit in anywhere?.. So you really think if Jesus was the answer to anything, the European will give him to you?.. Think about it..
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 8:20am On Dec 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

If you insist Adam and Eve were literally naked and dumb, there is nothing I can do about that
BUT
You still should answer:

Before the fall, Adam could name animals like lions, tigers, hyena, etc. Even Eve was comfortable with speaking with a snake

How come after the fall Adam and Eve became potential food to these animals?
In other words, why do you think the animals suddenly lost respect for humans?

Answering this correctly will make you see that the unclothedness was not about physical clothing BUT glory and power lost
naming the animals that was what the writer put down? and what language is that? . the bible clearly said the tree of "knowledge of good and bad" naming animals does not make him wise even though does primitive in amazon they named their animal too.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. by jcross19: 8:30am On Dec 20, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

jcross19 "eyes opened" can be explained with the popular saying: "you don't know what you've got until it's gone". They were all along naked but because of the covering light, righteousness of God covering they had on, they did not mind their nakednẹss.

The moment after eating of the fruit of the three of knowledge of Good and Evil (i.e. TKGE), they lost that God given, God-made-available terrestrial glory and their eyes opened to the fact that it now has been substituted with a telestial state one. They must have never thought they'd lose that terrestrial glory. It must have been a shock and embrassment for them, and this probably explains why they sought for fig leaves to hide/conceal their incriminating tiny bits and even go into hiding from God, when God turned up walking in the garden during the breeze of the day.
cc: Finallydead
according to description in the bible the Angels were not naked , God did not create them naked but made man naked according to bible , there is nothing like terrestrial glory that covered unclothedness here sir. this is material world and particular when the writer mentioned unclothedness and God covered their unclothedness with a animal skin that words simply mean they were physically naked and that's not a figurative words . the bone of contention here is why did God create mankind with flaws and He knew he will destroyed them in genesis 7.why can't He destroy them in that Eden and recreate them again. to tell you some of the stories might be just a tale.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu / I Keep Seeing Myself In My Secondary School,in My Dreams / PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.