Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb (979 Views)

Akpabio, Udom, Mbang Meet With Obasanjo / Jonathan Reconciles With Obasanjo And Amaechi At Council Of State Meeting / Emir Sanusi Chilling With Obasanjo In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by Boboribo: 1:20am On Nov 28, 2010
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/i-won%E2%80%99t-join-issues-with-obasanjo-ibb/

By Henry Umoru

ABUJA—FORMER Military President, General Ibrahim Babangida (rtd) said, weekend, that he was not prepared to join issues with Chief Olusegun Obasanjo because the former President was his senior in the military.
According to him, all the former Presidential aspirants will accompany the consensus candidate — Alhaji Atiku Abubakar — during the campaigns before the primaries until a candidate emerges for the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, ahead of the 2011 Presidential election, adding: “We will be accompanying him to campaigns.”
Ben Obi is D-G Atiku campaign organisation
Answering questions from newsmen after a meeting of the four northern Presidential aspirants on the platform of the PDP and the Directors-General of the Campaign Organisation, Babangida also disclosed that Atiku’s running mate in the 2007 Presidential election under the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, Senator Ben Obi now becomes the Director-General of Atiku Abubakar’s Campaign Organisation.
Before the emergence of Atiku as the consensus candidate, his Director-General was Chris Mammah while Senator Ben Obi was the Director-General, Aliyu Gusau Campaign Organisation, Chief Raymond Dokpesi was that of IBB 2011 Campaign Organisation and Udenta Udenta for Saraki’s Organisation.
The meeting which took place, weekend, at the Asokoro residence of Atiku was held for over three hours with Babangida; former National Security Adviser, General Mohammed Aliyu Gusau; Kwara State governor, Dr. Bukola Saraki; Atiku Abubakar; Udenta Udenta; Senator Ben Obi; former Kwara State governor, Shaaba Lafiagi; Yakubu Lame, among others in attendance.
Asked to comment on former President Obasanjo over his laughter on the choice of Atiku as the preferred candidate for the North by the Consensus Candidate Committee, Babangida, who wore blue Babaringa and drove in a black Mercedes car CLS 350 with number plate Niger AE 396 SRP, said: ‘’Iam a Junior officer, by tradition, I am not suppose to comment on what a senior officer said.”
When pressed that he was now a politician and Obasanjo also a politician, Babangida said: “He is still a general.”
On why the meeting, Babangida said: ‘’We have come for consultations with the consensus candidate.
After the announcement of the consensus candidate, we have not been able to formally meet as a body and that is why we are here.
‘’We approved the appointment of his Excellency, Senator Ben Obi as the Director-General of the Campaign Organisation.”
On running mate
On whether the issue of running mate for Atiku was discussed, Babangida said: “No, not yet.”
Asked if he was going to address the nation, he said: “You can go and read the speech, I never mentioned any address to the nation.”
Meanwhile, the new Director-General of the Campaign Organisation, Senator Ben Obi, who said he could not say who has been made his deputy, however, disclosed that there would be a meeting of the organisation in the next 24 hours.
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by Osama10(m): 1:24am On Nov 28, 2010
Better don't.
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by McKren(m): 2:18am On Nov 28, 2010
The PDM movement within PDP is beginning to gather steam once again.

Tony Anenih will soon jump ship.

Remember he has not forgiven OBJ for removing him BOT chairman.
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by vigasimple(m): 2:22am On Nov 28, 2010
What are the issues to join anyway?,

You can either LAUGH like OBJ or CRY like a baby.

Did anyone notice how he thinks they are still a General. Military mindset (cover for respect).

All of them in their Northern comedians group are no match for GEJ.

GEJ is not a very good candidate that I will like but realistically, and at this present point in time, we should stop the gang up just to wrestle power to the North for the 'BORN TO RULE'

They can gang up as much as they will like, but by God's grace, all the Athifery of this world will fail. Yeye people
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by McKren(m): 2:31am On Nov 28, 2010
My brother take am easy before you get heart attack.

This is Nigerian Politics in action.

Gej will loose for a simple fact.

A brilliant thief who knows how to lead the country out of trouble is far better than a dumb thief.

GEJ has been spending Nigeria's money anyhow and when he leaves office you will hear tales of his mismanagement.
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by Blazay(m): 2:38am On Nov 28, 2010
You are damn right IBB.
Keep away from that monster.
This is your last chance to redeem yourself.

Time to free yourself from OBJ once and for all. Get the North to align with Atiku as one. cool
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by Faeb: 2:39am On Nov 28, 2010
Poor blood soaked demon!
IBB is very practised at making totally meaningless comments.
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by marocguy(m): 2:58am On Nov 28, 2010
IBB na correct man. Other politicians shud emulate. Simple. Even GEJ is learning talkless act more politics. Obj and Atiku hav a long way. No wonder they were able 2 use d same house 4 8 yrs. 2 like underdevelopd political minds. Tufia!!!
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by Blazay(m): 3:16am On Nov 28, 2010
McKren:

My brother take am easy before you get heart attack.

This is Nigerian Politics in action.

Gej will loose for a simple fact.

[size=16pt] A brilliant thief who knows how to lead the country out of trouble is far better than a dumb thief.[/size]

GEJ has been spending Nigeria's money anyhow and when he leaves office you will hear tales of his mismanagement.

Gbam
Gbam
Gbamology!

This is the crux of the matter right here.
Jonathan Goodluck is a Dundee United Express EVERLASTING!
To add insult to injury, we have a dumb thief being led by a smart thief(OBJ) behind the scenes.
Double whammy! cheesy

We need a smart thief who knows he is a thief and can at least stop stealing since he is well-fed.
Only Atiku has seen that kind of money amongst all the candidates.
He knows who to send to jail and will not mind sending himself to jail too if push comes to shove.

I love that his policy of "If the head of the fish is rotten. . . .don't blame the neck"!

In simple terms, if your boss is stealing, what is expected of you especially in Nigerian politics?
Challenge him? Oh no. Dr. Okonjo-Iwaela tasted the wrath of all that first hand from OBJ.
No, you steal yourself and keep your mouth shut.

The problem started when OBJ started using the EFCC to witch-hunt selective parties through that veminous creature called Nuhu Ribadu.
The main problem between OBJ and Atiku, coupled with the fact that OBJ cheated Atiku out of the Presidency by renaging on his word to do just one term, then greedily looked for a third term.

What a guy!
You have got to love the man Atiku.
He just maintained his composure through it all and waited patiently for this day.

I am so glad to be alive today to witness it all.
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by daroz(m): 9:21am On Nov 28, 2010
IBB is wise, that folish Atiku should learn respect from him.
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by Blazay(m): 9:41am On Nov 28, 2010
McKren:

The PDM movement within PDP is beginning to gather steam once again.

Tony Anenih will soon jump ship.

Remember he has not forgiven OBJ for removing him BOT chairman.

Serves that old fool right.
After all the ars*e licking of OBJ, OBJ still dumped him like a rotten banana peel.
I don't pity all those South-South politicians who have been used and abused by OBJ.
Jonathan is not going to be different.
Serves them right I say.
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by Gdonny(m): 9:47am On Nov 28, 2010
I Need a Car of 350k between Toyota and Volkswagen Product. Call if you have anyone

[quote][/quote]
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by violent(m): 11:25am On Nov 28, 2010
We need a smart thief who knows he is a thief and can at least stop stealing since he is well-fed.
Only Atiku has seen that kind of money amongst all the candidates.
He knows who to send to jail and will not mind sending himself to jail too if push comes to shove.

This has got to be the dumbest post ever!

Atiku is a smart thief who will stop stealing, and wouldn't mind[b] sending himself to jail[/b]. . . seriously?

It even annoys me that you've used a collective pronoun "We" which in this case stands for Nigerians. . .and if i read your statement right, you are saying what Nigerian's need at this point is a smart thief?. . .

you, sir, are too dumb to be on Nairaland.
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by redsun(m): 11:32am On Nov 28, 2010
violent:

Honestly,that is the way everyday nigerians see things,that is why they are not perturbed with the genocides nigerians politicians are committing.

They think the politicians are doing them favors by stealing just 90 percent of the public fund.
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by MaiSuya(m): 11:42am On Nov 28, 2010
@topic, what [i]issue [/i]is there to [i]join [/i]anyway? OBJ was asked a question and he bust out laffing. nothin spoil
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 28, 2010
Nairaland these days is populated by some of the dumbest Nigerians.

Imagine this silly folk up here talking about a smart thief been better than a dumb thief shocked. Son!, you su. cks mehn! cheesy
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by Blazay(m): 2:25pm On Nov 28, 2010
violent:

Atiku is a smart thief who will stop stealing, and wouldn't mind[b] sending himself to jail[/b]. . . seriously?

It even annoys me that you've used a collective pronoun "We" which in this case stands for Nigerians. . .and if i read your statement right, you are saying what Nigerian's need at this point is a smart thief?. . .

you, sir, are too dumb to be on Nairaland.

What do you know? The reason you keep getting stuck with the likes OBJ.
Too dumb to be on Nairaland indeed.
Nairaland is cesspool/cesspit of ignoramuses like yourself.
I am here to educate you and your ilk.

Now, tell me who is not a thief in Nigerian politics?
Or you do not know that thieves have classes in politics?

See the glossary of literary terms below for your benefit.(Yahoo Education Time)

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/cesspool

cess·pool    (sspl) KEY
NOUN:

A covered hole or pit for receiving drainage or sewage, as from a house.
A filthy, disgusting, or morally corrupt place.
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by 1025: 6:01pm On Nov 28, 2010
old age plus all the injections he recieved as a military man, obasanjo is a qualified madman. he interfered in his son's marriage and his son left the wife for him refusing to join issues with him.
he interfered with pdp bot chairman and tony annenih left it for him to avoid joining issues with him.
ppl are doing their best to avoid joining issues with the evil man.
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by McKren(m): 9:04pm On Nov 28, 2010
The PDM is re-emerging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb by violent(m): 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2010
Blazay:

What do you know? The reason you keep getting stuck with the likes OBJ.
Too dumb to be on Nairaland indeed.
Nairaland is cesspool/cesspit of ignoramuses like yourself.
I am here to educate you and your ilk.

Now, tell me who is not a thief in Nigerian politics?
Or you do not know that thieves have classes in politics?

See the glossary of literary terms below for your benefit.(Yahoo Education Time)

what a person!

(1) (Reply)

Atikus Verbal Cudgel during PDP Presidential Primaries rattles GEJ? / The Best Nigerian Political Ad Campaign So Far / Ribadu Vs Jonathan Vs Buhari. Which One Is Good For Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.