Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates - Foreign Affairs (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates (113982 Views)

Live Updates from the Trump Impeachment. / President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) / Amina Mohammed Shakes Donald Trump. See The Look On Melania Trump's Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by Appleyard(m): 2:31am On Dec 28, 2019
themonk:

You are an idiot, haven't Trump been saying No collision in the Mueller report since?

You idiots find it convinent to refer to the Mueller report when you think of collision but you idiots cannot also see it said there was interference in favour of trump.

Please, let logic be your thinking cap. If the Russians interfared to swing the votes in favor of Trump, how come Hilary Clinton ended up winning the popular vote by more than 2 MILLIONS, and Trump only got elected through the backdoor created by the Electoral College? Does it make sense to you?

I doubt it does.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by themonk(m): 3:03am On Dec 28, 2019
Appleyard:

Please, let logic be your thinking cap. If the Russians interfared to swing the votes in favor of Trump, how come Hilary Clinton ended up winning the popular vote by more than 2 MILLIONS, and Trump only got elected through the backdoor created by the Electoral College? Does it make sense to you?

I doubt it does.
Your logic is based on the fact that the Russians are dumb and cannot figure that it might be easier to focus on the electoral college vote instead of the popular vote. So if the strength of Trump winning lies in key states, the Russians should abandon that and try to make Trump win the popular vote which will be a suboptimal strategy?

Secondly, that Russians INFLUENCED the election does not mean the completely mind controller everyone to vote Republicans. They did what they had to do that would increase Trumps CHANCES of winning. No matter how you rig an election like that, you cannot be sure you will perform better than the opposition until you win. All you are doing is increasing the CHANCES of your desired candidate through social media character assassination of the opponent, hacking and leaking information detrimental you the opponent, illegally sponsoring the campaign of your candidate and so on. These would illegally increase your chances and that is what "INFLUENCED" means.

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by Appleyard(m): 11:16am On Dec 28, 2019
themonk:

Your logic is based on the fact that the Russians are dumb and cannot figure that it might be easier to focus on the electoral college vote instead of the popular vote. So if the strength of Trump winning lies in key states, the Russians should abandon that and try to make Trump win the popular vote which will be a suboptimal strategy?

Secondly, that Russians INFLUENCED the election does not mean the completely mind controller everyone to vote Republicans. They did what they had to do that would increase Trumps CHANCES of winning. No matter how you rig an election like that, you cannot be sure you will perform better than the opposition until you win. All you are doing is increasing the CHANCES of your desired candidate through social media character assassination of the opponent, hacking and leaking information detrimental you the opponent, illegally sponsoring the campaign of your candidate and so on. These would illegally increase your chances and that is what "INFLUENCED" means.

My brother, there is no way you can rig an election simply by putting ads on Facebook. This line of thinking is what makes the claim that the Russians rig the elections spurrous and dumb.

If putting up ads on behalf of another candidate is how you rig an election, then I must say the term rigging has lost its meaning, and its correlation with the word influence is crazier than we thought. cool

Here is the fact: there is no way you can influence the EC votes by so called ads without tampering with the swing states voting process or results itself. Since that wasn't what happened, it makes the claim even more illogical and stupid since you can't influence or rig the EC votes by running ads or exposing stuff about the opposition without same reflecting on the popular vote.

I will advise that you read up on Professor Allan Lichtman "13 key factors" that he has used to correctly predict the winner of five previous elections, including that of Trump in 2016, and you will understand better why Trump won, and why he would win again in 2020 (according to the professor key system).

Besides, it was obvious Trump was going to win because the Dems made him popular by making him their campaign issue instead of arguing more based on policies that touches directly on the citizens. Unfortunately, they're repeating same mistake again.

If Trump scales through this Impeachment brouhaha at the senate, the Dems can forget 2020 because they would have made Trump even more popular in the eyes of the ordinary man in the street whose kettle in this whole thing is what is the state of the economy and what is the job market prospect at the moment.

I'm sorry to say this: the Dems are already campaigning for Trump for 2020. If the senate doesn't bar him from contesting, it is game over for Democrats per the presidency.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by engrfaruq(m): 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
MarjieJ98354:
So, now that he is allegedly impeached, how will that make your life better.

Don't take that serious dear, it was a sarcastic post aimed at satisfying my humorous sense.
Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by themonk(m): 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
Appleyard:

My brother, there is no way you can rig an election simply by putting ads on Facebook. This line of thinking is what makes the claim that the Russians rig the elections spurrous and dumb.

If putting up ads on behalf of another candidate is how you rig an election, then I must say the term rigging has lost its meaning, and its correlation with the word influence is crazier than we thought. cool

Here is the fact: there is no way you can influence the EC votes by so called ads without tampering with the swing states voting process or results itself. Since that wasn't what happened, it makes the claim even more illogical and stupid since you can't influence or rig the EC votes by running ads or exposing stuff about the opposition without same reflecting on the popular vote.

I will advise that you read up on Professor Allan Lichtman "13 key factors" that he has used to correctly predict the winner of five previous elections, including that of Trump in 2016, and you will understand better why Trump won, and why he would win again in 2020 (according to the professor key system).

Besides, it was obvious Trump was going to win because the Dems made him popular by making him their campaign issue instead of arguing more based on policies that touches directly on the citizens. Unfortunately, they're repeating same mistake again.

If Trump scales through this Impeachment brouhaha at the senate, the Dems can forget 2020 because they would have made Trump even more popular in the eyes of the ordinary man in the street whose kettle in this whole thing is what is the state of the economy and what is the job market prospect at the moment.

I'm sorry to say this: the Dems are already campaigning for Trump for 2020. If the senate doesn't bar him from contesting, it is game over for Democrats per the presidency.

Was facebook Ads the only thing you saw I wrote? Do you know what sovereignty is?

The Professor you are talking about did he also predict that Trump won't win by majority? Hence he is seriously gambling! I don't have time for long talk go and look at the approval ratings of Trump if it's not up to 50% then tell me how you think he would win next year.
Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 30, 2019
Yes, I'm American. And the reason why he should limit muslim populations into the USA is because conservative muslim refuse to control their radicals. It is not America's job to control them other than not allowing in our country in the first place. Also, big Pharma is responsible for for the astronomical price of healthcare in the USA.

mfm04622:

https://twitter.com/RBReich/status/1210244538234810368?s=19

Are you American? If you are not, how do all these affect you? If you go back to the beginning of my engagement, I asked what he benefited from Trump's action to warrant praying for Trump. So tell me what you benefited from Trump Presidency.

Most of these things you listed up there are not "Achievement"! How is limiting number of Muslim refugees to America an achievement? What has his declarating war on big pharma achieved? Lol!!!!
Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by mfm04622: 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2019
MarjieJ98354:
Yes, I'm American. And the reason why he should limit muslim populations into the USA is because conservative muslim refuse to control their radicals. It is not America's job to control them other than not allowing in our country in the first place. Also, big Pharma is responsible for for the astronomical price of healthcare in the USA.

I am Nigerian, I can't argue with you about what he has achieved for America or not. However, he has declared war on big pharma, what has been the outcome? When the whole planet is unliveable anymore because Trump prefers his friends to make more money, I hope your children will be as happy as you are presently.

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by Daclimax(m): 7:01pm On Dec 30, 2019
Seun:
I think Donald Trump deserves to be impeached, but I also think Joe Biden's Turkey dealings should be investigated. Both Donald Trump and Joe Biden appear to have abused their powers for personal gain, and neither of them deserves to be the president of the world United States.
Mr Seun, abeg we go soon enter new year, please click my profile and see what one of your mod did to me in 2017. This is my first log in since 2017. Abeg undo am, I don repent this 2020 wey we wan enter so. Thanks
Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by Subduer: 11:59am On Jan 01, 2020
Seun:
I think Donald Trump deserves to be impeached, but I also think Joe Biden's Turkey dealings should be investigated. Both Donald Trump and Joe Biden appear to have abused their powers for personal gain, and neither of them deserves to be the president of the world United States.
You're supposed to be smarter than this as an Ijebu man, who're generally cleverer.
Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by Nig4Greatness: 6:14pm On Jan 04, 2020
Appleyard:

I dont know what Republicans and trump have done or are doing that make you come to this conclusion.
Fyi,what constitute a rigging in nigeria political system may not be same in america,nigeria politicians with inec officials most often manipulate figures but this rarely happens in the US,they put out fake ads and the likes in order to sway people opinion away from you...this is called rigging in US political system.
On economy, US economy has been on the increase even before trump came into office.an average sensible Americans know this,trump is only building on the growing sustem.besides economy what else can trump point to as an achievement in his first term??. Cant see any.even the economy we are taking about has it's own downside in the life of average Americans.this is a capitalist economy where the more money you make the more you spend.go and check the average cost of a home in 2017 and go check same now or better still go compare the cost of sandwich from McDonalds this time last year and now.
Finally,the issues with trump is his flawed personality.americans feel he lacks the personality of a president.they gambled on him in 2016 but not sure they would want to gamble on him again in 2020.

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by tck2000(m): 5:08pm On Jan 08, 2020
Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by gr8keeng: 8:51pm On Jan 12, 2020
Oh now I'm not surprised at all. I just looked up some of your comment and now know the source of your stupidity. For you to even open that your trash called mouth and say what trump was impeached for was just feeling and no recognized/known crime now makes me feel I wasted my time in even responding at all. If what trump did was done in Nigeria, I agree that's not a crime but an idiot like you should understand the laws here are different from what governs Nigeria. As a United States president, you can't ask a foreign nation to investigate your opponent, never. Trump clearly asked ZELENSKY, the Ukranian president to do him a favor and investigate both Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden. This is clearly a breach of his office as the POTUS.

Yes, Trump is going to be acquitted in the senate because his party has the majority but the reason is only because trump has a strong base with the republican electorate and most of the senators are scared of losing re-election but as you must have heard, most of them are saying privately that if a secret ballot was held in the senate for the impeachment, Trump is a gonner but the main issue here is, DID HE ASK UKRAINE TO INVESTIGATE THE BIDENS, AND IF YES, IS THAT AGAINST THE LAW OF THE US?.

Get your facts straight before reasoning like an abobaku.
echelons:

It's obvious on which side of the divide you're on.
There are also protests against impeachment.
House Democrats are the majority so impeachment is inevitable.
This is a highly partisan impeachment, not a single Republican is in support of the impeachment. In fact, a democrat is against the impeachment, and will vote against the impeachment as democrat before joining the republicans thereafter.

This is a waste of time as the senate will speedily acquit the President as the Republicans have the majority there, and the Senate democrats cannot muster the 2/3 majority to remove the President.

In the end, the democrats are the losers in this whole charade. The independent voters are leaning against impeachment. Latest pools by CNN yesterday indicates massive 10% decline in support of impeachment.

The articles of impeachment have no recognised crimes, just feelings.
Abuse of Power; and obstruction of Congress for a case that is in court.

It's a case of clock and calendar for the democrats, they just want to impeach.
Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by somtookeke(m): 3:37am On Jan 23, 2020
Other headlines

US Democrats lay impeachment case against Trump
https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/us-democrats-lay-impeachment-case.html

Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by obixcel(m): 10:25pm On Jan 24, 2020
Democrats have less than 5 hours to make their final case as to why President Trump should be impeached..I can't see them persuading over 20 Republican Senators to switch over in order to remove Trump from office. In the end, President Trump will be acquitted of all charges. If that happens it's 2020 landslide for Trump..No way any of the Dems Candidate can beat Trump.
Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by CanadaOrBust: 4:29am On Jan 25, 2020
obixcel:
Democrats have less than 5 hours to make their final case as to why President Trump should be impeached..I can't see them persuading over 20 Republican Senators to switch over in order to remove Trump from office. In the end, President Trump will be acquitted of all charges. If that happens it's 2020 landslide for Trump..No way any of the Dems Candidate can beat Trump.

I’d bet right now that not even a single republican senator will vote to convict

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by MrPresident1: 6:09am On Jan 25, 2020
obixcel:

Landslide ko, moonslide ni
Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by CanadaOrBust: 8:40am On Jan 25, 2020
MrPresident1:

He is actually right - Trump may get an electoral college landslide (which he almost achieved last time despite losing the popular vote)

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by obixcel(m): 12:46pm On Jan 25, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

I’d bet right now that not even a single republican senator will vote to convict
Not a single Republican has flipped. Every thing will remain d same. In fact in d end I see some Senate Democrats voting against impeaching Trump which would make it a Bipartisan vote.

2 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by obixcel(m): 12:46pm On Jan 25, 2020
grin
MrPresident1:

grin
Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by obixcel(m): 12:51pm On Jan 25, 2020
In d coming hours President Trump's Legal Team set to put up a stern defence in d Senate Impeachment Trials. They have 72hrs to dispel the Democrats narrative that House Manager, Adam Shiff laid out.
Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by obixcel(m): 9:11pm On Jan 25, 2020
In less than two hours President Trump's Legal team just dismantled Democrat's Impeachment case against President Trump so much that even CNN's legal analyst had to admit that the President "is winning".

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by Seun(m): 9:46pm On Jan 25, 2020
Subduer:

You're supposed to be smarter than this as an Ijebu man, who're generally cleverer.
If you are so smart, why don’t you realize that you need to point out precisely what you disagree with and why, so that we can have a productive debate about it?

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by topboss1: 1:11pm On Jan 26, 2020
grin
Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by topboss1: 2:31pm On Jan 26, 2020
cool
Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by Timi141: 6:14pm On Jan 26, 2020
obixcel:
In less than two hours President Trump's Legal team just dismantled Democrat's Impeachment case against President Trump so much that even CNN's legal analyst had to admit that the President "is winning".
undecided undecided
Are we watching the same trial?
Re: President Donald Trump Impeachment Updates by themonk(m): 3:27am On Nov 17, 2020
Appleyard:

How far bro, how far you and your professors prediction? Lmao
I told you Trump will lose, noise maker.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply)

Chinese Woman Arrested For Flashing Private Parts During Public Livestream / ₦14Million: Russia Develops World Deadliest Sniper Rifle, Over 2 Miles Range / Nude Photos Of Diane Shima Rwigara, Rwanda's Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.