Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? (1786 Views)

I Have Feelings For My House Help. / I Have Feelings For Her But She's Engaged / I Lied To Her That I Have Feelings For Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2019
Good evening everyone. I just have a question.
Is it possible to remain friends with someone you wanted dating but things did not work out, probably because the person lost interest along the way, so they decide they just wanna be friends with you. How possible is it to be friends with such a person when you have strong feelings for them? Those that have gone through this, please how did you handle your emotions?

1 Like

Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by blackboy(m): 8:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
Called discipline self control

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 18, 2019
Just adopt them as your brother or your sister that way you put your emotions and feeling in check,and just hope and pray thing turn out well.If I call someone Sis she is definitely in that category except my real sister of course.
Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:30pm On Dec 18, 2019
just because you cant be with someone, certainly does not mean you should now avoid them... the friendship, care and affection is still present. having respect for you/her/your relationship or hers would stop you from doing anything silly.
Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 18, 2019
Anonymous8083:
Is it possible to remain friends with someone you wanted dating but things did not work out, probably because the person lost interest along the way, so they decide they just wanna be friends with you. How possible is it to be friends with such a person when you have strong feelings for them? Those that have gone through this, please how did you handle your emotions?

grin by practicing yoga.
Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by praz001(m): 8:38pm On Dec 18, 2019
Be a friend with limit to what you do......... Just as some above me says DISIPLINE.....
Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by freethinker01: 8:40pm On Dec 18, 2019
blackboy:
Called discipline self control
Ooh! Did u mean idiocy?
When u have feelings for someone, how do u control or discipline yourself around such person, if it's quite obvious to the recipient, manipulation sets in.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 18, 2019
It's very simple, I think. I don't think there's a general rule.

This is it. Once it's defined that the two of you cannot be together, then you can move close to or mingle with the person to an extent where you are very certain that you do not feel anything for that person except the general liking for people and not a sexual or romantic liking.

So it depends on your state of mind. if you've made it up in your mind and you now truly see that person as just a friend, then you can carry on as long as your heart truly feels nothing for that person except just being as friends.

But if you cant help but feel a romantic liking for the person, then you must keep your distance as much as possible.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by Ewizard(m): 9:34pm On Dec 18, 2019
Only works with women as dey claim..

It doesn't exist in a man's world.

Move on bro.. the earth is occupied by 7.5billion people.

If an average young man in his 25 decides to engage in a task to sleep with one different woman every month weda free or paid, he would have slept with about 60 different women by age 30.

That's y men who care about female body count avoids women above 30 wen it comes to marriage unless someone they know very closely.

Why??

An average single Nigerian girl sleeps with at least 2 different guy in a whole year. If she lost her virginity at 21, she would ve slept with about 18 different guys @ 30.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 18, 2019
praz001:
Be a friend with limit to what you do......... Just as some above me says DISCIPLE......

Apostle grin
Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by natsuDragneel: 10:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
Keep them at arm's length nah...

Not too close so as not to hurt your feelings hoping on something that might never happen

And

Not too distant that you cut off all communications with them

However, if you think even minimal contact might keep hurting your feelings, then it might be the best thing for you to just cut off ties and count your losses.

Certainly, there's more than 1 fish in the ocean cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by meobizy(f): 10:33pm On Dec 18, 2019
#NoTime.

If she didn’t reciprocate my feelings then she can bite the dust. Wild animals are smart enough to know unreciprocated sexual advances mean they should look elsewhere, how much more with humans? If you guys meet in future and she gives a chance you can try your luck.

For now you should look forward to improving your life to meet better females.

Edit: Wait, OP is female? Lol. My advice works anyway but females are not smart enough to utilize it. Don’t worry, stay in one place, by the time another man gbenshes you all memories of the guy will disappear.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by flames007(m): 10:59pm On Dec 18, 2019
Don't do it.
Don't try punishing yourself pretending to be 'friends' with him/her.
If you make your feelings known to her/him and you get a no,just lock up and move forward with your life.
If you feel a little edgy,dissappointed or unhappy just channel all that emotion into something productive.
Las las u go dey alright.

4 Likes

Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 19, 2019
Actually, I'm a lady.
Ewizard:
Only works with women as dey claim..

It doesn't exist in a man's world.

Move on bro.. the earth is occupied by 7.5billion people.

If an average young man in his 25 decides to engage in a task to sleep with one different woman every month weda free or paid, he would have slept with about 60 different women by age 30.

That's y men who care about female body count avoids women above 30 wen it comes to marriage unless someone they know very closely.

Why??

An average single Nigerian girl sleeps with at least 2 different guy in a whole year. If she lost her virginity at 21, she would ve slept with about 18 different guys @ 30.
Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 19, 2019
Personally, I can't be "just friends" with a woman I have pure & genuine feelings for.
If she turn down my advances,I definitely counting my losses & moving on with life.

It doesn't mean I hate her or hold grudges against her,if you do any of those,you will end hurting yourself the more.
Just sincerely acknowledge that situation as such where two persons have contrasting feelings hardly works out.
And most importantly,stop trying to convince them to feel what they don't feel for you, unless you're ready for the emotional haunting & trauma that comes with that.
For you sanity,I will advise you move on ,and keep them at arm distance, without holding grudges whatsoever, and allow you mind & emotions to heal.

It's tough, but sometimes in life you're going to make some choices that will break your heart but heal your soul .

3 Likes

Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 19, 2019
You've heared about friends with benefit right?
Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by cooooooks(m): 7:56am On Dec 19, 2019
Mutual respect and honesty.

Don't assume that things will just assume just because you're friends. Don't punish yourself either. If the feelings are becoming unbearable, retreat for a while.

Anonymous8083:
Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by Ewizard(m): 8:26am On Dec 19, 2019
Anonymous8083:
Actually, I'm a lady.

Den my first line serves you.

Yes! you can, as a lady.

They say stars do fall ryt? Maybe one day ur stars will fall in place for you.
Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 19, 2019
Ok
Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 19, 2019
If he is dumped, the man hangs around hoping that one day, she will throw him some sexual titbit. If only he can make her see how nice he is, he foolishly thinks.

If she is the one doing the dumping, the woman remains because it is the nature of women to keep all their options open. One day she blows hot and the other cold while keeping him in the sidelines as option 279; in case options 1-278 don't come through when it is time to get married.

If on the other hand, it is the man that dumps her but keeps her hanging out of pity (which is rare; men don't like looking at women they've dumped), she will first try to reattract him by pretending to have changed for the better, then flirt openly with him; and if that still doesn't work, she will hate him like anything. As Colley Ciber once wrote:

"He shall find no Fiend in Hell can match the fury of a disappointed Woman! - Scorned! slighted! dismissed without a parting Pang!"

Men and women can never be just friends, unless one or both of them have hormonal issues or physical deficiencies in the genitals.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Remain Friends With People They Still Have Feelings For? by Lightangel65: 12:06pm On Dec 19, 2019
Anonymous8083:

It's better to let go, cause it would only bring you pain no matter how you try to hide it or what facade you put on. And it may get toxic

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Questions Do You Hate When Chatting / Where Is Slawormir / See The Video Of Shs Girl Being Ch00p£d By Two M@tured Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.