Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

World Bank Book Says Recipients Of UK Remittances Mainly From The SE (and SW) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Book Says Recipients Of UK Remittances Mainly From The SE (and SW) (1111 Views)

Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances / Major Oil Importers And Fuel Subsidy Recipients(the Cabal) / FG Releases List Of National Award Recipients 2013/2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Bank Book Says Recipients Of UK Remittances Mainly From The SE (and SW) by igbobuigbo: 3:52am On Nov 29, 2010
Notice four arrows point from the UK to the East (Enugu, Onitsha, Owerri and PH)
One arrow to Ibadan, Benin, Abuja and Lagos, each.

TheĀ  book also confirms who the main recipients of foreign monies are:SE and SW. However Edo recipients use theirs more to build houses than do other groups

In terms of specific cities, the book lists Benin City, Ikeja, Enugu, Ibadan, Owerri, Warri, Port Harcourt, Kano, Kaduna and Abuja as the main recipient cities.

The book notes that more Igbo and Yorubas live in the UK than other groups.

Overall, the book discusses remittances from the UK alone (just about 10% of total remittances to Nigeria from Nigerians abroad)

However, Prof Falola's comments here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-557357.0.html will support that Igbos in the US also make heavy remittances home that could finance a war grin.

The US has about 55% of the overall remittances.

Re: World Bank Book Says Recipients Of UK Remittances Mainly From The SE (and SW) by igbobuigbo: 4:02am On Nov 29, 2010
Re: World Bank Book Says Recipients Of UK Remittances Mainly From The SE (and SW) by Turbulence: 5:12am On Nov 29, 2010
look delta is not southe east
Re: World Bank Book Says Recipients Of UK Remittances Mainly From The SE (and SW) by igbobuigbo: 5:32am On Nov 29, 2010
Becomerich again? grin grin
Re: World Bank Book Says Recipients Of UK Remittances Mainly From The SE (and SW) by Omenani(m): 5:40am On Nov 29, 2010
People in the United States send the most money though.
Re: World Bank Book Says Recipients Of UK Remittances Mainly From The SE (and SW) by fstranger: 5:42am On Nov 29, 2010
Omenani:

People in the United States send the most money though.

We work hard!
Gbabeski
Orisirisi yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol
Re: World Bank Book Says Recipients Of UK Remittances Mainly From The SE (and SW) by isalegan2: 4:07am On Nov 30, 2010
Well, not too many northeners live outside of Nigeria, so their region wouldn't show high receipt of remittances from USA and Europe. In my years in the USA, the only Hausa/Fulanis I've met here are from Guinea or Gambia or some other West African country. I met some Naija Hausa family once, but they were on vacation. They were quite vocal about never wishing to live abroad, but to stay in Nigeria. One of them said she worked in Lagos, and the other said he had studied in the USA but returned home as soon as he got his degree.
Re: World Bank Book Says Recipients Of UK Remittances Mainly From The SE (and SW) by igbobuigbo: 7:31am On Aug 02, 2013
Wow! My old thread.

(1) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Inec Office / Buhari: The Poorest Ex Military President / I Had No Shoes- Pes. Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.