Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,519 members, 7,865,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:23 PM

Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal (27232 Views)

2023: Anxiety In Amaechi’s Camp As Wike Seals Deal With Tinubu / Community Policing Takes Off In Lagos As Sanwo-olu Inaugurates Operation Teams / Shock As Sanwo-Olu Appoints Joe Igbokwe Special Adviser On Drainage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by NGpatriot: 4:39pm On Dec 21, 2019
tomioro:
Rooms and at least 3 students in a room. You can do the calculations

1 building can house over 100 units/hostel rooms

1 Unit can house 4 students/2 bunk beds = Up to 400 students per building.
Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by Legendguru: 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2019
ohh
Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by ekwerendi(m): 5:49pm On Dec 21, 2019
GamalNasser:
Seals deal with Tinubu you mean?

I know a little about governance because I've lead before....my dear such contract won't even trip Tinubu, because it's not oil and gas...
So let's appreciate people when things are get done...
Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by GamalNasser: 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2019
ekwerendi:

I know a little about governance because I've lead before....my dear such contract won't even trip Tinubu, because it's not oil and gas...
So let's appreciate people when things are get done...

But it will trip his loyalist , this is how Tinubu buys loyalty of people na
Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by BitCraftman: 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2019
Hostels with total capacity for 8k students or 8k hostels?
Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by Ijawwomaninoyo: 6:48pm On Dec 21, 2019
Sealing deals is not enough, they should ensure the hostels are affordable.
Not asking students to pay triple of their school fees as hostel fees.
If you are attending a private school, you know you are in a private school
Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by mechanics(m): 7:21pm On Dec 21, 2019
The VC should lobby the contractors so that they can employ undergraduates who are ready to work in building the hostels as part of the entrepreneurship skills being enforced in their curriculum.
Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by NGpatriot: 7:23pm On Dec 21, 2019
mechanics:
The VC should lobby the contractors so that they can employ undergraduates who are ready to work in building the hostels as part of the entrepreneurship skills being enforced in their curriculum.

Great idea, should be part f the contract.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by mechanics(m): 7:42pm On Dec 21, 2019
NGpatriot:

Great idea, should be part f the contract.
okay bros.
Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by naptu2: 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2019
shogsman:

Doesn't it sound improbable to you,8200 buildings, really.

seborrhic:

Don't be surprised they don't know.
By "8200 units hostel",clearly means 8200 of a room of a hostel.
A unit of hostel cannot clearly be meant to be a bed space.So I am saying I doubt that deliverable or they are just trying to play around with that figure which they can then clarify later if they are called out.

Read what I wrote earlier. I said you wrote 8,200 units of housing. That's not what they wrote. They wrote 8,200 units hostel. That does not necessarily mean 8,200 houses. It could mean 8,200 units of hostel space. They did not explain what they mean by units. You are assuming what you think they meant.

You need to realise that a unit can mean anything unless they specify what that unit is and they didn't. You are assuming that you know what they mean because there's a common term in real estate called unit. Now you need to realise that that term is a shortened form of the term housing unit, but they did not specify that they are referring to housing units. There are other kinds of units and these could also mean bed space, for example, the bed units in the adverts below.

https://www.richelieu.com/us/en/category/furniture-equipment/bedroom-solutions/foldaway-beds/vertical-wall-bed-unit-with-spring-mechanism-self-deploying-legs/1057437

https://www.gumtree.com/p/wardrobes-shelving-storage/bedroom-unit-to-stand-over-a-double-bed/1361801558

Basically, I don't know what they are referring to because they did not specify, but I suspect that they are referring to units of bed spaces.

2 Likes

Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by Giftexx: 8:16pm On Dec 21, 2019
200k per bedspace
Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by ekwerendi(m): 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2019
GamalNasser:

But it will trip his loyalist , this is how Tinubu buys loyalty of people na

Eventhough,provided it's been done

1 Like

Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by tck2000(m): 10:53pm On Dec 21, 2019
tit:
Developers! Soon these Igbo people will own Lagos too
lol
Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2019
Homers123:
Another milking avenue.

You bet.

Each successive administration devices more creative ways to bleed cash out of the LASG treasury cheesy
Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by youngsahito(m): 11:45pm On Dec 21, 2019
This should be practiced in all federal University that has the land mass most especially OAU.
Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by Magicians: 1:34am On Dec 22, 2019
In your Igbotic cursed village why are fools allowed to shut intelligence response up?
NLSavage:
shatap
Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by risos(m): 5:44am On Dec 22, 2019
Six units of seventeen story buildings.
Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by jaxxy(m): 8:53am On Dec 22, 2019
Mynd44:

Does it matter who signs it?

LASU gets a 8k unit hostel and the students will be better for it.

If you think you can do better, get a line of credit and go build something similar for UNILAG.

Is the hostel free or what? Won’t they pay for it? The question here is will it be affordable for the students.
Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by NLSavage: 9:02am On Dec 22, 2019
Magicians:
In your Igbotic cursed village why are fools allowed to shut intelligence response up?
shatap
Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by Ayobami7(m): 9:16am On Dec 22, 2019
okay ooo
Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by TheFacelessMan: 9:01am On Dec 23, 2019
GamalNasser's mouth was shut very fast on this thread grin.
Re: Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal by maxell(f): 2:44pm On May 01, 2021
Great initiative by Gov Sanwo-Olu’s administration. This should serve as a model to other higher institutions.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N125: Have They Started Selling Fuel At The New Pump Price In Your Area? / These 20 Things Will Improve Your Life / PDP Behind Fuel Scarcity - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.