Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? (4140 Views)

Funny Relationship Breakup Story You've Heard Or Did, Here's mine / No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? / Am I Taking The Right Decision To Love This Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by HawksDude(m): 2:37pm On Dec 21, 2019
Hello guys, I have thought of this issue for two days now and I want to be sure I made the right decision or I’m overreacting.

Sometime in February, I went to see a family member in a South Western state in Nigeria so I lodged in a hotel for 3 days. As a guy nao, I wanted to kill some boredom with some company, so I logged into InMessenger to see if I get some hook up (if you know what I mean) with a student in the University around. And that was how I came across this babe that is giving me this issue.

I sent her a message but didn’t get a response. Later in the first week of June this year, that was how I got a ping on my phone. Lo and behold, it was her. I asked her what took her so long, she responded she doesn’t really use the app. That ruled out my thought of her being a hooker.

Then we started to talk and getting to know each other. I opened myself up. I really liked her. Later in August, she came down to Lagos. I was never o happy to meet someone like I did when we eventually met. She was almost perfect for me, ticking all the boxes such as Genotype (I’m AC so I can only do AA); good and intact family; great personality; ambitious; and highly intelligent.

After giving a lot of thought to it, I decided to tell her how I really felt about her later in the second week of October 2019. You know these days if you don’t do quickly in saying your mind, someone else will come and take the person away, and I couldn’t afford to lose a rare gem.

After making my intentions known, she said she feels the same way too but I should give her time to think about it which I did. I never go any response from her till date, after us basically ‘Dating’ like a regular bf and gf.

The issue.

Recently I enquired on why she's taking so long to make our relationship official and I decided to inquire about the other guys she has on her case as I could sense her attention has been somewhat divided. She hesitated in answering, that was how I knew there was more, so I decided to press further. After much persuasion, she decided to open up on the guys she has on her list and how shes “taking her time to choose”! I felt weak.

I felt bad after hearing that she met someone else at a conference I encouraged her to attend after I told her how I felt. I was obviously an option to her while she was my priority. She said we were the top two she has a thing for.

In my own understanding, if you like someone enough, there will be no room for number two. And that was how I pulled out of my relationship proposal and asked for some space which didn't go down well with her. But it sounded like a reasonable thing for me to do at the time.

So, guys, did I overreact or did I do the right thing?

4 Likes

Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 21, 2019
OK, realistically speaking, I think your idea is somewhat faulty.

"If you like someone enough, there'll be no room for number two" is somewhat faulty

We are humans, we have heart and the heart has feelings. The heart has been fashioned in such a way that it reacts to whatever it is exposed to depending on what it feels about that thing. The heart has no control, when it is exposed to something, naturally, it reacts.

That's one of the reasons why we were created with a brain. The brain/mind due its power to distinguish what's right from wrong or what's good or bad, is the one that we then use to control, tame and discipline our heart desires.

So what you said is somewhat faulty because the fact that she loves you doesn't mean she can't love somebody else. She has a heart and if that heart sees in another person what it desires, it will definitely be drawn to that person. it is now left for the owner of that heart to control the heart desires and discipline it from going overboard or to extreme.

So basically what I'm saying is your girlfriend can have feelings for you and still have for someone else. It's now left to her to decide with her mind which one of you she wants and then use her mind to control the heart to stick to her choice and not look elsewhere.

So you giving up on her should depend on how far she went with the other guy to discover if she seems to have made her choice between you two or maybe, she has even chosen to have you two (you know that levels now grin).

So what really transpired between them during their "meeting"? Did the guy just ask her out and that was it? Did they just talk? Or they have taken it to the level of which she took it with you of which gives you the impressions that she wants something serious (relationship) with the other guy?

If it's just that they met and talked or the guy just asked her out? That's something that's almost inevitable so that shouldn't be enough reason to break up

But if they have taken it serious, I'm not going to advise you on what to do... But if I were you, I'll run...

I personally cannot stand someone I love sharing her love, affection and commitment between me and some other guy. I'll just leave in peace.

Well, that's me. perhaps I'm wrong. maybe if I had experience of relationships, maybe i would know better to know that's wrong.

But as I am now, that would be my choice. cheesy

All the same, I advise you to use your sense and open your eyes. I repeat use your sense on your judgement grin

Meanwhile I don't want to see that Riele girl on this page angry If you come across this thread, just skip. Go and wash plates for your mummy.

If I see you here, na serious spanking angry

4 Likes

Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by dawnomike(m): 2:48pm On Dec 21, 2019
You are just protecting your heart... when you feel better, continue as friends

3 Likes

Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2019
You did the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
OP,Do you know that we are over 200,000,000 in this country. females make up 60percent of that population. Do the maths&go find a new babe.Don't make life any harder for yourself. Simple!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by Charleys: 2:58pm On Dec 21, 2019
You need to read this about codedruns and inmessage. It's a thread I created for people who shouldn't enter traps like you just did

https://www.nairaland.com/5464634/why-shouldnt-use-codedruns-coded
Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by iTearHerToto: 3:03pm On Dec 21, 2019
Hoes will be hoes even oluwa jesu can't change thatangry

2 Likes

Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by Riele(f): 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2019
smiley

IAmStrange:

"If you like someone enough, there'll be no room for number two" is somewhat faulty

We are humans, we have heart and the heart has feelings. The heart has been fashioned in such a way that it reacts to whatever it is exposed to depending on what it feels about that thing. The heart has no control, when it is exposed to something, naturally, it reacts.

That's one of the reasons why we were created with a brain. The brain/mind due its power to distinguish what's right from wrong or what's good or bad, is the one that we then use to control, tame and discipline our heart desires.

So what you said is somewhat faulty because the fact that she loves you doesn't mean she can't love somebody else
Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by Bruno3000(m): 5:02pm On Dec 21, 2019
You did d right thing na. You shouldn't be considered a second fiddle to anyone. Convert her to a side chic. No time.

5 Likes

Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by samdavjustin(m): 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2019
First off Inmessage is the headquarters on olosho online, that her excuse I don’t buy it. It’s always a big mistake trying to change a hoe you should have bleeped her and keep it moving. I don’t think you made a mistake in your decision it’s your first decision that was wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by mandalorian: 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2019
"Let me think about it" does it still exist? grin grin grin you messed up for too long tongue

1 Like

Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by ibkayee(f): 6:02pm On Dec 21, 2019
It's normal for you to feel some type of way about not being the priority, what she did is actually pretty common, people just don't tend to be as outrightly blunt about it as she was.

Your being hurt by it isn't an overreaction in my opinion since the average human would've felt the same way, however pulling out of the proposal makes you come across as salty. I don't think either of you have done anything wrong to be honest, you're both just being...human

How exactly did you 'pull the proposal' if you don't mind me asking
Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by HawksDude(m): 7:08pm On Dec 21, 2019
IAmStrange:

So what you said is somewhat faulty because the fact that she loves you doesn't mean she can't love somebody else. She has a heart and if that heart sees in another person what it desires, it will definitely be drawn to that person. it is now left for the owner of that heart to control the heart desires and discipline it from going overboard or to extreme.

So basically what I'm saying is your girlfriend can have feelings for you and still have for someone else. It's now left to her to decide with her mind which one of you she wants and then use her mind to control the heart to stick to her choice and not look elsewhere.

So you giving up on her should depend on how far she went with the other guy to discover if she seems to have made her choice between you two or maybe, she has even chosen to have you two (you know that levels now grin).

So what really transpired between them during their "meeting"? Did the guy just ask her out and that was it? Did they just talk? Or they have taken it to the level of which she took it with you of which gives you the impressions that she wants something serious (relationship) with the other guy?

If it's just that they met and talked or the guy just asked her out? That's something that's almost inevitable so that shouldn't be enough reason to break up

But if they have taken it serious, I'm not going to advise you on what to do... But if I were you, I'll run...

I personally cannot stand someone I love sharing her love, affection and commitment between me and some other guy. I'll just leave in peace.

Well, that's me. perhaps I'm wrong. maybe if I had experience of relationships, maybe i would know better to know that's wrong.

All the same, I advise you to use your sense and open your eyes. I repeat use your sense on your judgement grin

Meanwhile I don't want to see that Riele girl on this page angry If you come across this thread, just skip. Go and wash plates for your mummy.

I know they've talked enough for her to place us on the same level.. I dont even need to know the details of their encounters.
Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by HawksDude(m): 7:11pm On Dec 21, 2019
ibkayee:
It's normal for you to feel some type of way about not being the priority, what she did is actually pretty common, people just don't tend to be as outrightly blunt about it as she was.

Your being hurt by it isn't an overreaction in my opinion since the average human would've felt the same way, however pulling out of the proposal makes you come across as salty. I don't think either of you have done anything wrong to be honest, you're both just being...human

How exactly did you 'pull the proposal' if you don't mind me asking

By simply telling her I wasnt interested in her anymore. She can follow the other dude.

I dont think i came out as salty. It's common sense. Its obvious she wasnt satisfied with whatever i had to offer and had to go out to be sure. I somehow feel she may even dump me later on if she had gone ahead with the relationship. I take note of simple cues.

4 Likes

Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by HawksDude(m): 7:12pm On Dec 21, 2019
mandalorian:
"Let me think about it" does it still exist? grin grin grin you messed up for too long tongue

Some ladies actually do that to play hard to get you know, so it doesn't seem like you got them easily.
Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by HawksDude(m): 7:14pm On Dec 21, 2019
samdavjustin:
First off Inmessage is the headquarters on olosho online, that her excuse I don’t buy it. It’s always a big mistake trying to change a hoe you should have bleeped her and keep it moving. I don’t think you made a mistake in your decision it’s your first decision that was wrong.

She isn't a regular InMessanger babe. I know from her character, appearance and activities. me,Trust me, I know InMessanger babes. grin grin
Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by HawksDude(m): 7:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
dawnomike:
You are just protecting your heart... when you feel better, continue as friends

I dont think that will work.
Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by ibkayee(f): 7:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
HawksDude:

By simply telling her I wasnt interested in her anymore. She can follow the other dude.

I dont think i came out as salty. It's common sense. Its obvious she wasnt satisfied with whatever i had to offer and had to go out to be sure. I somehow feel she may even dump me later on if she had gone ahead with the relationship. I take note of simple cues.
That's fair, I don't fault your response at all

What you did was normal but you may come across as salty to her
Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by HawksDude(m): 7:17pm On Dec 21, 2019
ibkayee:

That's fair, I don't fault your response at all

What you did was normal but you may come across as salty to her

How about how she comes across to me? undecided
Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by ibkayee(f): 7:20pm On Dec 21, 2019
HawksDude:

How about how she comes across to me? undecided
Well you already know how she comes across to you

I was just touching points on your reaction and how it may be perceived by others
Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by bestabigaelever(f): 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2019
You did the right thing
This has happened to me b4, 2 good guys on my neck but then I know who I like the most
So I chose him

I believe greed wont let most of us girls to know exactly what we want

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by DenreleDave(m): 8:42pm On Dec 21, 2019
HawksDude:
Hello guys, I have thought of this issue for two days now and I want to be sure I made the right decision or I’m overreacting.

Sometime in February, I went to see a family member in a South Western state in Nigeria so I lodged in a hotel for 3 days. As a guy nao, I wanted to kill some boredom with some company, so I logged into InMessenger to see if I get some hook up (if you know what I mean) with a student in the University around. And that was how I came across this babe that is giving me this issue.

I sent her a message but didn’t get a response. Later in the first week of June this year, that was how I got a ping on my phone. Lo and behold, it was her. I asked her what took her so long, she responded she doesn’t really use the app. That ruled out my thought of her being a hooker.

Then we started to talk and getting to know each other. I opened myself up. I really liked her. Later in August, she came down to Lagos. I was never o happy to meet someone like I did when we eventually met. She was almost perfect for me, ticking all the boxes such as Genotype (I’m AC so I can only do AA); good and intact family; great personality; ambitious; and highly intelligent.

After giving a lot of thought to it, I decided to tell her how I really felt about her later in the second week of October 2019. You know these days if you don’t do quickly in saying your mind, someone else will come and take the person away, and I couldn’t afford to lose a rare gem.

After making my intentions known, she said she feels the same way too but I should give her time to think about it which I did. I never go any response from her till date, after us basically ‘Dating’ like a regular bf and gf.

The issue.

Recently I enquired on why she's taking so long to make our relationship official and I decided to inquire about the other guys she has on her case as I could sense her attention has been somewhat divided. She hesitated in answering, that was how I knew there was more, so I decided to press further. After much persuasion, she decided to open up on the guys she has on her list and how shes “taking her time to choose”! I felt weak.

I felt bad after hearing that she met someone else at a conference I encouraged her to attend after I told her how I felt. I was obviously an option to her while she was my priority. She said we were the top two she has a thing for.
In my own understanding, if you like someone enough, there will be no room for number two. And that was how I pulled out of my relationship proposal and asked for some space which didn't go down well with her. But it sounded like a reasonable thing for me to do at the time.

So, guys, did I overreact or did I do the right thing?

U overreacted by making the the right thing
Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by BarrSly: 9:18pm On Dec 21, 2019
I can't bliv you guys are advising a nigga to date a hooker.... Guy take it or leave it she's a prostitute!!!!

In fact I have been in your situation before it was not until her friend set her up and brought her to me in a drunk state that the girl started to misbehave in my presence and expose herself.

I was fucking lucky... Made my pass on her friend though cool she never really agreed but I spanked some lol ....

So back to the topic.. just leave her alone before she gives you aids

1 Like

Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by ichidodo: 9:24pm On Dec 21, 2019
You want to wife a hoe? What kinda simp are you? A power simp or Captain Save a Hoe?..Well the only reason for the hesitation from her is because you aren't in her retirement plan yet....give her time...after sucking and mounting dicks..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by HawksDude(m): 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2019
bestabigaelever:
You did the right thing
This has happened to me b4, 2 good guys on my neck but then I know who I like the most
So I chose him

I believe greed wont let most of us girls to know exactly what we want

I think so too. I felt she probably kept leading me on coz of the convenience I had to offer ..

2 Likes

Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by HawksDude(m): 9:32pm On Dec 21, 2019
BarrSly:
I can't bliv you guys are advising a nigga to date a hooker.... Guy take it or leave it she's a prostitute!!!!

In fact I have been in your situation before it was not until her friend set her up and brought her to me in a drunk state that the girl started to misbehave in my presence and expose herself.

I was fucking lucky... Made my pass on her friend though cool she never really agreed but I spanked some lol ....

So back to the topic.. just leave her alone before she gives you aids

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by Homers123(m): 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2019
IAmStrange:

Haba, kilode your epistle sef long pass that of the poster. You no fit summarize am before posting ni? Don't angreeee me oo. Lol

1 Like

Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by Yuneehk(f): 11:59pm On Dec 21, 2019
Top two grin

She's keeping two so if one messes up, she'll fall back on the other. You aren't overreacting. If at the end, she decides to "choose" and it's not you, what happens? You'd be the one feeling hurt.
You'd get another in a matter of time, so let her be.
Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by HawksDude(m): 12:19am On Dec 22, 2019
Yuneehk:
Top two grin

She's keeping two so if one messes up, she'll fall back on the other. You aren't overreacting. If at the end, she decides to "choose" and it's not you, what happens? You'd be the one feeling hurt.
You'd get another in a matter of time, so let her be.

I pray. You cant imagine how hard it is to "get another"
Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by Yuneehk(f): 12:30am On Dec 22, 2019
HawksDude:

I pray. You cant imagine how hard it is to "get another"
You didn't plan to meet this one, did you? It'll happen when you least expect. Good thing is when it happens, you won't have to be worried about her choosing you.
Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by HawksDude(m): 8:01am On Dec 22, 2019
Yuneehk:

You didn't plan to meet this one, did you? It'll happen when you least expect. Good thing is when it happens, you won't have to be worried about her choosing you.

You're so confident that's what's going to happen. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? by mechanics(m): 8:18am On Dec 22, 2019
Better, you made a right decision, a lady who will love you for who you are, won't take you as second choice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Girls Fighting & Exposing Br***ts And Buttocks In A Shop / Stop Texting Women. / Hot Pics Of Curvy Nollywood Actress Destiny Etiko Showing Her Massive Ass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.