Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,832 members, 7,851,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:43 AM

If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo (6417 Views)

Wole Soyinka! Igbo Have Successfully Turned Entire Yoruba Race Against Self / Pat Utomi: If Igbo Want Me To Contest For Presidency, I Won’t Decline / Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by franchasng: 7:25am On Dec 22, 2019
The fastest way a Yoruba elite can make Yoruba youths to hate him is to tell them the truth, especially truth about Igbos wink

2 Likes

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by Amumaigwe: 7:30am On Dec 22, 2019
BeachTime:

Your reply strays from my original comment and did not counter any claims . I used Anambra and Akwa ibom as examples because the topic relates to igbo state ,not Northern Nigeria, and I love Onitsha Anambra.
I know Nigeria had a civil war a few decades ago, but maybe there are things I'm unaware of . I would like to know how Igbos are marginalized right now ,plus any refutation to my other assertion. I'll appreciate a sound and factual explanation.

@XANDERBOY85 just asked you a simple question and you are playing the ostrich. Just like a case of 2 slaves are kept in shackles, while one is agatating to be released, the other who appears more comfortable in his plight, asked the agitating slave to shut up because his own suffering is more, yet he is not even complaining.

I doubt if you are an Akwaibomite. But if you are, please tell me if you are comfortable with the injustice of the Nigeria system against your people as contained in your analysis. If you feel you are also marginalized, will keeping quiet and gagging everybody to adopt your siddon-look stance change anything?

9 Likes

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by Philistine(m): 7:35am On Dec 22, 2019
Wazobiamax22:

Brother, but that was a comment from Obasanjo if I am not mistaken

Moreover, Obasanjo has stated a fact

If we are talking about diversification, why not empower each region with what they are good in and watch poverty be a thing of the past!!!

Is the Niger bridge not in Onitsha

Is Onitsha not in the East

Just asking ooooo
Niger bridge does not have access to the sea shore.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by Philistine(m): 7:37am On Dec 22, 2019
[quote author=Wazobiamax22 post=85119298]

If we are talking about diversification, why not empower each region with what they are good in and watch poverty be a thing of the past!!!

U mean SE should be empowered with the resources from other people's land?

2 Likes

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by Wazobiamax22: 7:40am On Dec 22, 2019
Philistine:

Niger bridge does not have access to the sea shore.
Can't an artificial one be built

Common this is a 21st century for Christ sakes

It will ease alot of things. It will decongest Lagos and other cities for that matter

Nothing is impossible
Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by Wazobiamax22: 7:42am On Dec 22, 2019
[quote author=Philistine post=85119821][/quote]
Shun ethnicity think Nigeria

I for one will not go down that lane
Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by Philistine(m): 7:42am On Dec 22, 2019
Wazobiamax22:

Can't an artificial one be built

Common this is a 21st century for Christ sakes

It will ease alot of things. It will decongest Lagos and other cities for that matter

Nothing is impossible
Artificial one should be built with the resources from whose land?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by Military24: 7:44am On Dec 22, 2019
allthingsgood:
U guys are funny. So u expect the president to hand over an arm of the armed forces to people who wish to disintegrate the country? Who does that As far as I know, igbos are the ones marginalizing themselves
if the Igbo's is allow to have thier own country'll you die Perhaps your life is tags to Igbo's, that you'll never let them go. But one day it must surely happen!

2 Likes

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by profilemessages: 7:51am On Dec 22, 2019
IBO people, very controversial

they will leave their states and come to Lagos and say that Lagos is no mans land. where are the councillors, LGA chairmen, house of reps members, senators, and governors of each of your wards, local govt, district head, constituencies and states respectively? all the allocation they were given, were was it?

they claim that it is their money that was used to build Lagos, but what about the money given to your state? what did you used it to do?

some said that Nigeria is a zoo and they are going to BIAFRA!! WELL SAFE JOURNEY!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by profilemessages: 7:58am On Dec 22, 2019
how many of their businesses were domiciled in their zones? you abandon your region and go and develop another persons region then you say that you have been marginalised.

a friend told me that his brother, a contractor got a contract in the south, when they reached the site the first day some youth thugs came to collect money, 50k, before they could allow them do anything on the site, days later, another group also came claiming that they want their share, 100k, and that was how it went on and on. the contractor was forced to abandon the project and leave the place.

love your neighbor as you love yourselves, well maybe the IBO don't even love themselves, may be all they love is just money, money, money, #MAYBE!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by SLAP44: 8:00am On Dec 22, 2019
XANDERBOY85:

You see the problem i have with people like you is you keep quiet in the face of tyranny and become docile....willing to accept any and all types of injustice for the sake of not wanting to 'rock the boat' or being tagged as 'reactionary'! All the while your resources are being milked and depleted with you having next to nothing to show for it! But when others who equally feel marginalised speak up and question the status-quo that has led to their ill-treatment, you raise your hand and say 'why are you complaining.....i feel i've been hard done by even more than you'!

How many of you have keyed into the Biafran agitation for a referendum on secession? Or if you love 'one Nigeria' so much that you feel you can't do without it....how many of you have formed a movement to push for true fiscal-federalism and resource ownership?

Igbos have been murdered in cold blood standing up for what they believe in, yet you sit there....doing nothing, and want to argue that your marginalisation is greater than what the Igbo are experiencing, hence we should keep quiet!

The travails Donald Duke faced had nothing to do with Ndigbo! Rather, blame ethno-religious Nigerian partisan-politics and the those who can 'annoint' whomsoever they want to be president!

Very good points, I couldn't have put it better.

3 Likes

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by overall90: 8:01am On Dec 22, 2019
BeachTime:

Your reply strays from my original comment and did not counter any claims . I used Anambra and Akwa ibom as examples because the topic relates to igbo state ,not Northern Nigeria, and I love Onitsha Anambra.
I know Nigeria had a civil war a few decades ago, but maybe there are things I'm unaware of . I would like to know how Igbos are marginalized right now ,plus any refutation to my other assertion. I'll appreciate a sound and factual explanation.

you did not stray when brought the issue of oil and federal allocation into the discussion?
like you claimed,there are a lot you don't know so i will excuse your ignorance and not go the route of whether igbos are marginalised or not.

1 Like

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by SLAP44: 8:01am On Dec 22, 2019
profilemessages:
IBO people, very controversial

they will leave their states and come to Lagos and say that Lagos is no mans land. where are the councillors, LGA chairmen, house of reps members, senators, and governors of each of your wards, local govt, district head, constituencies and states respectively? all the allocation they were given, were was it?

they claim that it is their money that was used to build Lagos, but what about the money given to your state? what did you used it to do?

some said that Nigeria is a zoo and they are going to BIAFRA!! WELL SAFE JOURNEY!!!

Same way the Chinese left great China to come to Lagos and make their millions. Stop hating.

4 Likes

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by SLAP44: 8:03am On Dec 22, 2019
profilemessages:
how many of their businesses were domiciled in their zones? you abandon your region and go and develop another persons region then you say that you have been marginalised.

a friend told me that his brother, a contractor got a contract in the south, when they reached the site the first day some youth thugs came to collect money, 50k, before they could allow them do anything on the site, days later, another group also came claiming that they want their share, 100k, and that was how it went on and on. the contractor was forced to abandon the project and leave the place.

love your neighbor as you love yourselves, well maybe the IBO don't even love themselves, may be all they love is just money, money, money, #MAYBE!!

What I see is that you didn't read the article at all, if you did you would have seen that if there is a seaport in Igboland, I will never move to Lagos to clear my containers.

4 Likes

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 8:04am On Dec 22, 2019
allthingsgood:
U guys are funny. So u expect the president to hand over an arm of the armed forces to people who wish to disintegrate the country? Who does that As far as I know, igbos are the ones marginalizing themselves
The Kingdom of God suffers violence. And with violence taketh with force. You don't coerce people into a union they are not comfortable with. We are slaves to no one.
Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 8:06am On Dec 22, 2019
SLAP44:

What I see is that you didn't read the article at all, if you did you would have seen that if there is a seaport in Igboland, I will never move to Lagos to clear my containers.
I used to make the statement that if there was a seaport in the east ,there would be massive development there but didn't believe it 100%. But now I believe it whole heartedly. With things I have seen.

4 Likes

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by sweetgala(m): 8:06am On Dec 22, 2019
Sirjamo:
Maybe Obasanjo always forgets that he was president for a cumulative 11 years, why did he not make the ports in close proximity to SE functional?

Yet Oone seaport took in its first mega Cargo vessel this month just gone. It has been taken from Atiku who had been running it for decades as base of his intels operation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by sweetgala(m): 8:16am On Dec 22, 2019
Wazobiamax22:

Is the Niger bridge not in Onitsha

Is Onitsha not in the East

Just asking ooooo

Seaports are not "usually" built on rivers , bridges however are built to traverse large bodies of water usually not coastal waters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by Area4Area: 8:26am On Dec 22, 2019
SLAP44:

Question you should be asking is that why didn't OBJ make them functional while in power, same for GEJ who is even from the SS, why is it that it is immediately they are out of power that they start advising everyone over things they themselves never thought of while in power?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by enemybulldozer(m): 8:28am On Dec 22, 2019
XANDERBOY85:

You see the problem i have with people like you is you keep quiet in the face of tyranny and become docile....willing to accept any and all types of injustice for the sake of not wanting to 'rock the boat' or being tagged as 'reactionary'! All the while your resources are being milked and depleted with you having next to nothing to show for it! But when others who equally feel marginalised speak up and question the status-quo that has led to their ill-treatment, you raise your hand and say 'why are you complaining.....i feel i've been hard done by even more than you'!

How many of you have keyed into the Biafran agitation for a referendum on secession? Or if you love 'one Nigeria' so much that you feel you can't do without it....how many of you have formed a movement to push for true fiscal-federalism and resource ownership?

Igbos have been murdered in cold blood standing up for what they believe in, yet you sit there....doing nothing, and want to argue that your marginalisation is greater than what the Igbo are experiencing, hence we should keep quiet!

The travails Donald Duke faced had nothing to do with Ndigbo! Rather, blame ethno-religious Nigerian partisan-politics and the those who can 'annoint' whomsoever they want to be president!
BeachTime is a typical black man, what do you expect from him?? There is something fundamentally wrong with the brain of a black man of which BeachTime is a typical example of what am saying (though some of us do reason properly) That is why we the blacks are still relying on white people for everything.

4 Likes

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by enemybulldozer(m): 8:37am On Dec 22, 2019
Area4Area:
In this case, you are "slaves" already and you must remain in the union.
Azikiwe and Ironsi brought us all together for better for worse
O boy you're empty o! So, Azikiwe and ironsi are now Frederick lugard that created your beloved nigger-area??

3 Likes

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by Philistine(m): 8:43am On Dec 22, 2019
SLAP44:

How can there be seaport in a place that does not have access to the sea?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 8:46am On Dec 22, 2019
Area4Area:
In this case, you are "slaves" already and you must remain in the union.
Azikiwe and Ironsi brought us all together for better for worse
Yorubas are the slaves because they do not hve a mind of thier own. always dependent on the down fall o others to succeed in the last 3 decades. i have never heard the SW agitate for a seperate state. only slaves want to remain in a situation that is not favourable. grin

1 Like

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by enemybulldozer(m): 8:55am On Dec 22, 2019
Area4Area:
Question you should be asking is that why didn't OBJ make them functional while in power, same for GEJ who is even from the SS, why is it that it is immediately they are out of power that they start advising everyone over things they themselves never thought of while in power?
So because OBJ did not make them functional while in power, your god buhari should leave them the way he met them is that not so?? Due to the way your brain process information have made you to forget that, the agitation for Bia4ra did not get to this height during OBJ's tenure.

3 Likes

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by nijabazaar: 8:59am On Dec 22, 2019
Beach time, I think you're an ostrich.

And someone rightly said, you and your kind are as docile as Bleep.
Where were you when the igbos were agitating for restructuring and equity? Your kind were as docile as ever. None of your kind ever keyed in.

2 Likes

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by rusher14: 9:09am On Dec 22, 2019
Chibuzoc:

We are all entitled to our opinions but Op you lack understanding although you sounded intelligent.
Now answer me, were will the seaport be located in igboland if not either in akwa-cross, port Harcourt or Warri
Op with all due respect, I will classify you as an igbophobic element, my opinion thou

But all these locations you called are not Igbo locations.
Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by LegendHer0: 9:17am On Dec 22, 2019
Anyone that believes the write-up is from Obasanjo is a compound fool!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by Depressed101: 9:31am On Dec 22, 2019
Amumaigwe:

@XANDERBOY85 just asked you a simple question and you are playing the ostrich. Just like a case of 2 slaves are kept in shackles, while one is agatating to be released, the other who appears more comfortable in his plight, asked the agitating slave to shut up because his own suffering is more, yet he is not even complaining.

I doubt if you are an Akwaibomite. But if you are, please tell me if you are comfortable with the injustice of the Nigeria system against your people as contained in your analysis. If you feel you are also marginalized, will keeping quiet and gagging everybody to adopt your siddon-look stance change anything?
I logged in just to say thank you. thank you for saying my mind.. Some people think they are smart with the reply they give Igbos when they read about their agitation. i am beginning to think igbos are the only tribe that have sense in this country. the truth is in the long run. We are all marginalised, we the poor, It will be very myopic not to see that this country is clearly built to suit the elites only... The poor are choking in poverty, yet ignorance and illiteracy keeps them in check from making their voice known... It seems only the igbos have broken away from this ignorance, and the rest of the tribes are still wallowing in it, obviously because they are less dealth with.

It can never get better with the attitude of the people towards those that have constantly undermined their rights , pillage and rape their common wealth with all recklessness...

May God grant the Igbo race what they seek. Amin

5 Likes

Re: If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo by Area4Area: 9:36am On Dec 22, 2019
enemybulldozer:
O boy you're empty o! So, Azikiwe and ironsi are now Frederick lugard that created your beloved nigger-area??
God gave you a brain I suppose so use it, Luggard united the country first, later when Zik and Ironsi had the opportunities to reverse the unity, they refused and insisted on it to remain united.
See you blaming Luggard, use that brain next time.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samdaddy Anyanwu: APC Not Happy, Nigerians Have Rejected Them / Senate Is Stable & Harmonious, No Plans To Impeach Me - Akpabio / Presidency Orders Probe Into Alison-madueke Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.