Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,510 members, 7,850,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:33 AM

How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion (39816 Views)

Fashola: Naira Notes Scarcity Hurting Nigerians, The Policy Must Be Reviewed / We Are Not Fools – Nigerians In Diaspora Disclose Reason For Supporting Tinubu / Ezekwesili To Buhari: Tell Nigerians The Truth About South-East Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by Basher8583: 11:01pm On Dec 23, 2019
NORSIYK:

Are we complaining, Igbos have the least poverty rate in Nigeria and are enterprising in nature, we don't go about begging on the streets unlike your own people

That's exactly what you guys are doing. Tell me.... How many other tribes do you see flooding the east and begging like your tribe that will not let the yorubas and hausas be because of thier land of milk and honey. When Lagos State govt closed down Ladipo and Alaba no be beg you go beg?
And that's why your casualties are always high when there's crisis. Stay in your zone and make it thrive MBA... don't you wish one day people would want to come to the east to do business with you because of your Enterprise nature? Instead it is you running away from your zone 2 areas that don't need you.. in fact Oya abeg come dey go east.... This is the best time I get to enjoy Lagos traffic.
Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by EdwardRandy(m): 11:14pm On Dec 23, 2019
NORSIYK:
Unfortunately he couldn't fool the Igbos, we're too clever for a semi illiterate fellow like boo.hari
Tell them bro.
Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by jasmine1600: 11:24pm On Dec 23, 2019
I don’t see this as smartness one bit, it’s just tht the ruling class move around with tight security.
People get scared to protest.
Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by TruthinAction: 12:11am On Dec 24, 2019
Still trying hard to believe he is really the one on seat. This is my personal opinion. I have my reserved reasons. May God help us.
Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by CodeTemplar: 12:31am On Dec 24, 2019
buhari is caging Nigerians and isnt bothered about fo.oling us all but just his brethren up north. So the DSS suspected or knew Sowore had links to BH all these while he was in their custody but didnt question him until he was freed in the court before they realize they needed to rearrest him.
Thats a flawed move but no one can speak up any longer.
I consider these simulations of things to come. Just watch out for stranger moves from this govt.
Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by AreaFada2: 2:03am On Dec 24, 2019
quaintbloke:
I weep for my country.
Sold to Nigerians as the last great hope of anti-corruption, a no-nonsense General who would with his horsewhip, get everyone in line and take the country to her Eldorado.
Without doubt Buhari has failed woefully, but my concern is this: who then would rescue Nigeria from the doldrums?
For we who are out of the country, especially we the professionals, is there any hope of ever coming back to Nigeria during our productive years, esp some of us who are keen to help use our skills and develop the country?
Doesn't sound right to keep excelling in a foreign land while motherland rots away.
Dude even in your old age in the future, stay where you dey jeje.

As an old man, if you trip and fall injuring your hip, nothing like ambulance taking you to hospital. Any other illness common in old age no proper care too in emergency.

God forbid in cardiac emergency, nobody will have a defibrillator to resuscitate.

As things stand. despite not feeling fully fulfilled despite a decent pay and high quality of life as you cannot help your country with your skills, at least you are not daily risking herdsmen terrorists, kidnap, killer SARS, high chances of sudden death in RTA, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by Staro: 2:57am On Dec 24, 2019
Buhari didn't fool me.
He on fools his Zombies
Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by Cityguy: 4:52am On Dec 24, 2019
semyman:
Good, making allegations you can substantiate because of worthless accolades.
When you given the Sowore treatment now, you will be looking for rule of law.
There is absolute freedom of speech before you speak, freedom after the speech is usually not guaranteed.
Meaning what? He should not speak again? Using threats and fear has never worked anywhere. Rather, it emboldens people and strengthen their resolve. Every problem has a production date and I'm sure the expiry if this one is also near if only we would be patient. We would survive all these.
Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by delgroveng(m): 6:10am On Dec 24, 2019
quaintbloke:
I weep for my country.
Sold to Nigerians as the last great hope of anti-corruption, a no-nonsense General who would with his horsewhip, get everyone in line and take the country to her Eldorado.
Without doubt Buhari has failed woefully, but my concern is this: who then would rescue Nigeria from the doldrums?
For we who are out of the country, especially we the professionals, is there any hope of ever coming back to Nigeria during our productive years, esp some of us who are keen to help use our skills and develop the country?
Doesnt sound right to keep excelling in a foreign land while motherland rots away.

This is the big question we seek answers to, how can Diaspora professionals work with Nigeria in a system that's constantly being taken back by the years. We see no light at the head of the tunnel, we are all waiting for divine intervention and the senseless fantasy we had like the time of Abacha that America would invade Nigeria and rescue us. Neither do we see any remorse for change from the current crops of Leaders, rather we see a determination to run down our institution and sabotage the development of different Geo national areas of the Country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by Niaja4real(m): 6:55am On Dec 24, 2019
dre11:

https://m.guardian.ng/opinion/how-buhari-fools-nigerians/

Don't say Nigerians, but say how Buhari fool silly Nigerians a.k.a. zombies.
Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by mapet: 7:39am On Dec 24, 2019
@OP,

Please stop the deceit. The piece was written by an independent person - Prof. Ọlọjẹẹde Oyeniran Abiọjẹ wrote from University of Ilorin.
Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by Encoreunltd(m): 8:20am On Dec 24, 2019
Humphrizy:
**The War against Boko Haram and protection of Fulani herdsmen** Nice point they gat there.

Truth be told... I ain't siding anybody... But all em politicians do fill-up the minds of people with empty campaign promises... Once they get the power wey dem dey find... Them go dey treat the people that voted them in anyhow... E no make sense atall...
Kindly call or whatsapp 0"8"0"921'519'59 if you need Pure Original Unadulterated Honey.. Thanks

More like the picture depict

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion by Kingrefreshed: 11:20am On Dec 24, 2019
dre11:

https://m.guardian.ng/opinion/how-buhari-fools-nigerians/

I bet my balls and my left nyash.

Buhari is a terrorist!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React / Toyin Saraki Speaks At United Nations Event... See Photos / Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.