Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters (9203 Views)

Cameroonian Forces Encroach Into Nigerian Territory, Seize Farmalands / Maiduguri Under Boko Haram Attack Currently / Damaturu, Yobe Under Boko Haram Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by ProudBoy: 8:05am On Dec 24, 2019
Hints of speedy rescue of abducted aid workers in N’East

From Kanayo Umeh and Sodiq Omolaoye, Abuja

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has denied the presence of Boko Haram and Islamic State for West African Province (ISWAP) terrorists in any part of Nigeria.

The denial yesterday followed the rumoured take-over of towns in Borno by members of the sect.

“Boko Haram is not holding any inch of our territory. They have been pushed down to the island between Nigeria and neighbouring Chad and Cameroun and that is where they come from to attack soft targets. The insurgents have been decimated and decapacitated,” Acting Director, Defence Information, Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu, stated in Abuja while giving updates on the various joint operations coordinated by the DHQ.

Nwachukwu, who disclosed that the military had intensified efforts to rescue the abducted humanitarian workers, however said caution must be exercised to prevent the captives from being killed by their captors.

“Abductions are one of the tactics used by terrorists all over the world to raise funds. The troops have to tread carefully because any wrong movement could lead to the annihilation of the captives. So it is a complex situation which we must be careful of,” he noted.

The defence spokesperson assured Nigerians of safety during the Yuletide, stating: “You are very much aware that as the year draws to an end, historical antecedents of ember months and the Yuletide indicate that unscrupulous and criminal elements within the society may take advantage of the festive season to perpetrate criminal and atrocious activities.

“The armed forces and security agencies are not oblivious of public apprehension about these tendencies. Therefore in this regard, it becomes necessary to reassure the public that the armed forces and security agencies are working assiduously towards making the Yuletide a safe season.”

He maintained that tremendous results had been recorded across all the geopolitical zones in the ongoing joint internal security operations in the last three months.

On Operation HADARIN DAJI in Zamfara, Nwachukwu submitted: “The gallant troops have, within the last three months, neutralised several bandits in fierce combats and arrested 389 others. The rampant cases of kidnapping have been significantly reduced with 1,048 victims rescued and 48 suspected kidnapers arrested.”

Regarding the Operation WHIRL STROKE in Benue, Nasarawa and Taraba, the spokesman said over 32 offensives on armed herdsmen, militia gangs and suspected kidnapping camps led to the destruction of 82 kidnappers’ dens, arrest of over 266 bandits as well as seizure of one illegal arm manufacturer and three gun-running kingpins among other feats in other operations across the federation.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/no-nigerian-territory-under-boko-haram-control-says-defence-hqtrs/

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by aolawale025: 8:08am On Dec 24, 2019
Hilarious! Are they attacking from space?

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by Valkrie: 8:12am On Dec 24, 2019
Ok...so it is in Niger Republic and Chad they are slaughtering Nigeria Soldiers..!!

In this 21st century we still keep deceiving ourselves..!!

Nigeria Army think say nah 1960 be this...!!! hmmm..!!!

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by Paige001(f): 8:18am On Dec 24, 2019
I don't know why this Brigadier general would lie when soldiers are being killed every day in Borno

25 Likes

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by Nkemtreasure: 8:28am On Dec 24, 2019
When will all these lies stop? Even the governor of the state says that 3 LGAs are under their control... Make una dey dia.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by Ojiofor: 8:48am On Dec 24, 2019
Yes their operational base is in UK not in Nigeria. Lol

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by ProudBoy: 9:04am On Dec 24, 2019
The war will end one day.

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by deboysben(m): 9:14am On Dec 24, 2019
And the governor of the state is saying otherwise.

To hell with Nigeria Army and their lies

11 Likes

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by Racoon(m): 9:28am On Dec 24, 2019
Shameless liars!!!! A Nigerian military that has not rescued itself from the clutches of the same BH it has technically defeated? Abeg make we hear word.As for Leah Shariabu, be encouraged in the God you've ever believed in wherever you are little sis.

9 Likes

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by Racoon(m): 9:28am On Dec 24, 2019
Even with the Borno governor desperately calling on the same Nigeria military to recapture 3 LGAs from the same technically defeated BH & Shehu of Borno saying Maiduguri is under BH siege? Is this a joke or what? Nigerian army is a big disgrace & embarrassment.

3 Likes

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by ProudBornoBoy(m): 10:15am On Dec 24, 2019
2 Days Ago Damaturu was attacked,
Yesterday Biu was attacked.

This towns are no where close to the lake, then how did they get into this towns if their operational base is in the fringe of Lake Chad. I stand with my Governor, some territory are still under them. The N.A needs to be truthful at times.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by Maxymilliano(m): 10:23am On Dec 24, 2019
ProudBoy:

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has denied the presence of Boko Haram and Islamic State for West African Province (ISWAP) terrorists in any part of Nigeria.

The denial yesterday followed the rumoured take-over of towns in Borno by members of the sect.

“Boko Haram is not holding any inch of our territory. They have been pushed down to the island between Nigeria and neighbouring Chad and Cameroun and that is where they come from to attack soft targets. The insurgents have been decimated and decapacitated,” Acting Director, Defence Information, Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu, stated in Abuja while giving updates on the various joint operations coordinated by the DHQ.

Indirectly telling us North-East is no longer part of Nigeria

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by ProudBoy: 11:09am On Dec 24, 2019
Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by Karrima: 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2019
I don't normally comment here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by ColonelEmeka: 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2019
ProudBornoBoy:
2 Days Ago Damaturu was attacked,
Yesterday Biu was attacked.

This towns are no where close to the lake, then how did they get into this towns if their operational base is in the fringe of Lake Chad. I stand with my Governor, some territory are still under them. The N.A needs to be truthful at times.

Damaturu was Never attacked please stop the spread of fake news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by Criticaltemp: 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2019
Lies everywhere.l

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by ArticleBeast: 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2019
Why are they using Igbo generals to defend themselves while the aboki generals make the decisions?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by Jaynom(m): 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2019
I guess SAMBISA is in South Africa!
Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by olayemioshiyemi: 12:17pm On Dec 24, 2019
*BREAKING NEWS*
There are evil people all over.
Avoid missing, stolen or kidnapped Chicken this festive season.
Get chicken tracking devices for just N3,500. Tested and trusted. Even if it has been slaughtered and fried, the device will detect the Chicken in the pot. Call me on my number to order yours immediately.
Delay is dangerous.
��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂

2 Likes

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by ArmaniUhuru: 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2019
Yes you are right sir!
It was Marlians that attacked yobe state some days ago.

Nonsense and bobrisky!

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by Conceptman: 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2019
Another political lie grin what kind of a country is this? Why all these jokes, see the punishment we are going through just because of some selfish sets of people who brought this on us, no be una fault. even mad man no go believe this story. It is now very clear that these men sit in their comfort zones and claim to be in the warfronts, I just pity the young ones left to waste in the warfronts.https://www.nairaland.com/4814062/aluminium-windows-building-casement-casement/7

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2019
May this evil Boko Haram never end well.

May all the evil and corrupt politicians that brought this evil and satanic Boko Haram into our nation never end well in life.
Along with everyone that supports them.
Evil.and miserable end await them all.
They will never know peace all the remaining miserable years they have to live.

No be curse,
Na FACT.

Children of hate, perdition and frustration are all afraid to say a single Amen to our prayers.
They are all here rambling incoherently.

Again, May God punish all the sponsors, of Boko Haram and the politicians that brought them upon our nation to cause mayhem...May the people that support them all die painfully.

What is too much to understand or say Amen to here?
Just say Amen or STFU!

Hypocrites of the highest order.
Supporters of evil and crime will never ever go unpunished.

May all the looters involved in using the money meant to buy ammunition for our soldiers facing the evil Boko Haram for 2015 election fraud never go unpunished, along with their supporters.

God bless Nigeria.

For all those that have forgotten how the money meant for ammunition for our soldiers was looted, here you have it....

Kindly joggle your memories with the following words on marble and you will agree with me that what happened recently on was nothing but gathering of rogues.
Happy reading:

1. I acted based on Jonathan's instruction - Dasuki

2. I didn't give order - Jonathan

3. I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation - Iyorchia Ayu

4. I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m - Bode George

5. I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes - Bafarawa

6. I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office - Thisday Obaigbena.

7. I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity - Dokpesi

8. I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where - Bafarawa.

9. I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo Bode George and others - Yuguda

10. The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates - Dasuki

11. My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN - Dasuki's account officer.

12. I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land. - Nimasa DG.

13. 950m was shared in my house -- Shekarau

With all this looting and many more revealed, some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.

But I believe, it is the right thing to do. 
There must be consequences for such crimes otherwise Nigeria will not develop.

WHERE ARE THE #WAILERS? 
"Over 20 billion dollars unremitted to the Federation account, and if nothing is done by 2015 upward, Nigeria will know what economic crisis is"
*~ Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi*

"Whoever wins 2015 will NEVER find it easy to govern. Over 30 trillion is mismanaged, unaccounted for or missing under Jonathan."
*~ Prof Charles Soludo*

"Our reserve is depleted and our savings are squandered. Our nation is in trouble."
*~ Dr Oby Ezekwesili.*

"For seven months, NNPC did not remit any money into federation account. When I called as a sitting governor and major oil producing state, Deziani Alison Madueke refused to pick my calls."
*~ Godswill Akpabio*

"I told them to save ahead of eventualities but Jonathan had no political will to do so and this is the reason why we are in crisis, because we squandered our boom."
*~ Okonjo Iweala*

"Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi urged us to save but we state Governors refused to save for the unseen future during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan, despite warning from economic experts."
*~ Peter Obi*

"Jonathan is a blessed ATM machine that doesn't have secret pin number"
*~ Bala Mohammed*

* Tompolo was paid 13Billion.!
* Ex-CDS,Alex Badeh dug a pit toilet to hide $32m.
* Patience Jonathan is claiming $31m, she has sued the Nigerian state.
* Femi Fani-Kayode took 740M.
* Dasuki used trucks to load over $35B from the CBN.
* Olisa Metuh took 400M.
* Aziboala, GEJ's cousin took 6B naira.
* Nenadi Usman took 3.5B naira.
* Fayose took 3B naira.
* Obanikoro took 4Billion naira.
* Olu Falae took 100M naira.
* Tony Anenih - 400M naira.
* Oritsejafor - $35M 
* Former Air Chief Amosu - 2Billion naira.
* Lucky Igbinedion-16B naira.
*Bode-George and Dabo -100B naira
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira.
* Joshua Dariye-700M naira.
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b.
* Diezzani with $20 billion missing oil money? 
15 billon dollars missing from arms fund, 10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegates of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes , 12. 7 billon naria for deceased NEPA staff grew wings and disappeared, 20 billion dollars missing from NNPC accounts, 23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election. The list is endless. They only left what they can't carry or unable to lay their hands on. The list continues.....
Recession didn't just happen, people looted Nigeria into RECESSION happening.
Thank God we are going out of it gradually for now and we know better days are ahead.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by BrickDevo: 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2019
Ok
Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by PapaBaby: 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2019
Damaturu is in China Abi?

3 Likes

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by loadedvibes: 12:20pm On Dec 24, 2019
Una can lie

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by mfm04622: 12:20pm On Dec 24, 2019
aolawale025:
Hilarious! Are they attacking from space?

Is Nigeria in space? They come from neighboring countries!

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by namiji2586x: 12:21pm On Dec 24, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by mfm04622: 12:21pm On Dec 24, 2019
PapaBaby:

They attacked Damaturu and were defeated. They never held the city

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by ybalogs(m): 12:21pm On Dec 24, 2019
A Lagos wife took her husband's phone and found these names:

- Super Woman
- My Love
- Woman of my dreams
- Princess
- Sweetheart
- Honey bunny

She got angry and called the first number to find out that was his mother.

Then she called the second number his elder sister answered.

When she dialed the third number her own phone rang.

she called the next one it was their daughter.

she called the next one it it was her own mother and then she called the last one it was his junior sister number.

She cried until her eyes got swollen because she had doubted her innocent husband,
so she gave him her whole months salary to make up for it.

Husband took the money and bought a gift for his girlfriend whose name was saved as "Mechanic”
�����‍♂�‍♂��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂

Odun a ya'abo o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by ColonelEmeka: 12:21pm On Dec 24, 2019
PapaBaby:

What happened in Damaturu? A lot of you have this false information that Damaturu was attacked recently when it is totally false. Gonar Bukar settlement on Gashua Road was attacked and not Damaturu. They were successfully repelled by the NIA and suffered heavy casualties.

Gonar Bukar is far from Damaturu and is not Damaturu.

4 Likes

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by sevo(m): 12:21pm On Dec 24, 2019
Lies

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters by Emmanuelhector(m): 12:22pm On Dec 24, 2019
Believe them at your own risk

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Closes Case At Rivers State Election Petition Tribunal / Nigeria To Buy More Presidential Jets / We Will Fight Boko Haram With The Law - David Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.