Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas (106793 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by jcross19: 7:59am On Dec 25, 2019
mgbadadike:
Jesus Christ wasn't born on the 25th of December, but 25th December was chosen to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.

So what's wrong with it?
those people angry about celebrating the Christmas are angry about the birth of Christ that's all. the same people are celebrating their founding year of the church ooooh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Kennitrust(m): 7:59am On Dec 25, 2019
Some attributes Christmas to something else but to me, I refresh my memory on the significant contribution of Jesus Christ for the salvation of the man.

Merry Christmas everyone

5 Likes

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 25, 2019
Those who give a Phuck about churches that don't celebrate christmas are coming. Please wait for them.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by fredoooooo: 7:59am On Dec 25, 2019
Wolexyoshi:
Those are the few that knows little truth about the Bible. For those who knows much truth about the Bible, those one do not believe in it at all.

Bible and Quran are composition.

I believe in God and I know there is God, but I hate religion.

My type of person ....
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Mcuzy(m): 7:59am On Dec 25, 2019
Sabby1:
Regardless of date or origin, If I no celebrate Christ at least once a year, wetin I gain.

Happy Christmas Nairalanders
God bless u .I don talk tire , date or root nor matter na wetin dey happen now na matter . E.g. Our ancestors were Idol worshipers so you mean Christ would not accept us because we are of pagan origin?

4 Likes

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by boxer022(m): 7:59am On Dec 25, 2019
Sunnycliff:

We worship on Sunday because it is the day our Lord Jesus Christ broke the bounds of death and resurrected. His resurrection is the reason we have power over all religions and can conquer sin nd the devil.

His resurrection is of more significance than hi birth
Which day did Christ die on the cross, according to your teachings he died on Friday which make you celebrate Good Friday. But He said that as Jonah spent 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the fish, so He the Son of man will spend 3 days and 3 nights in the grave after which He will rise again. So do your calculations well.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Brightest04(m): 8:00am On Dec 25, 2019
Either these churches celebrate Christmas or not the end result remain the same...They're not more holy than the ones that celebrate it and neither their not celebrating it take them to heaven.

3 Likes

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Samanza89: 8:00am On Dec 25, 2019
mhizv:

Same here. What congregation?

In Akwa Ibom. How about you?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by AgentNairaland(f): 8:00am On Dec 25, 2019
Look At Those Churches, They Are Of Evil... Even Muslims Dey Celebrate Christmas

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by mastermaestro(m): 8:01am On Dec 25, 2019
Muyiwaipere:
Well more points on Jehovah's witness..we don't celebrate because
1.There's no biblical backing stating Jesus was born on Dec 25
2.Jesus never in anywhere said we should celebrate his birthday nor did he celebrate it himself
3.Go and check Wikipedia this Christmas celebration it's no biblical it's from there pagan origin

If you don't believe this... Argue with your phone

To even start with, JW is not a church but a bloody cult. So get out of here!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 25, 2019
Sabby1:
Regardless of date or origin, If I no celebrate Christ at least once a year, wetin I gain.

Hahahahahaha. I love your comment and especially the cartoon picture and I even love you seff. merry christmas pal

5 Likes

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Clean2016: 8:01am On Dec 25, 2019
jcross19:
hypocrites in the church of God well the same churches are worshipping on Sunday which has demonic root! some church leaders are just bunch of Pharisee.

You are simply correct
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 25, 2019
paxonel:
who created the day 25th December, is it idol or God?
If idols were celebrated 25th December are they not thieves like that and God is taking back his day he created?

Merry Christmas to even the idol worshippers Jo, let them accept Jesus.

I go curse you

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by franchasng: 8:02am On Dec 25, 2019
mgbadadike:
Jesus Christ wasn't born on the 25th of December, but 25th December was chosen to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.

So what's wrong with it?
Don't mind them, they are overreacting. Go to Bethlehem Israel where Christ was born, Jesus Christ is being celebrated big time.

Even if Christ was not born on 25th December and we chose a date to celebrate our Lord, what is the crime

They said its a day pagans worship the Sun, then is it not safer to convert such day to Jesus Christ day in order to shut the pagans

Whether they like it or not, Jesus Christ is Lord and He is celebrated all over the world, which shows He is the king.

Go to China, South Korea, Japan, etc they are Budhists nations but today December 25th, they all gave a national holiday to honor Jesus Christ as the king and some group are there deceiving themselves in trying to be hollier than thou.

Let them be aware that entering the kingdom of God is not by righteousness but by the grace of God. They shouldn't be surprised to see some people they see as pagans in the kingdom at the end of the day

13 Likes

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by MrCuteking(m): 8:02am On Dec 25, 2019
Sunnycliff:

We worship on Sunday because it is the day our Lord Jesus Christ broke the bounds of death and resurrected. His resurrection is the reason we have power over all religions and can conquer sin nd the devil.

Who told you it was on Sunday? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by edoairways: 8:02am On Dec 25, 2019
SpecialAdviser:
Its funny how many Christian denominations argue theology.

A date was chosen to celebrate Jesus birth and they are uncomfortable with it.

They do not have problems resting on the first day of the week as the attend churches on Sundays. They chose theologies that suits them.
They should have chosen another date instead of December 25th
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by mhizv(f): 8:02am On Dec 25, 2019
Samanza89:

In Akwa Ibom. How about you?

Delta State
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by mu2sa2: 8:02am On Dec 25, 2019
mgbadadike:

So what's wrong with it?
Revise the date na. Even the bible itself has been revised, why not a mere date?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by tiziano(m): 8:02am On Dec 25, 2019
jcross19:
hypocrites in the church of God well the same churches are worshipping on Sunday which has demonic root! some church leaders are just bunch of Pharisee.
seventh-day adventist church does not worship on Sunday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by spiralwedge(m): 8:02am On Dec 25, 2019
Sunnycliff:
My church deeper life does not celebrate it cos it has no scriptural injunction or biblical basis.

Do you celebrate New year?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by eteba(m): 8:02am On Dec 25, 2019
But one Deeper Life girl has been pestering me with Christmas gift Christmas gift........can I report her to their Pastor?
atleast make local man fit dodge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by DaBillionnaire: 8:03am On Dec 25, 2019
jcross19:

chai, true talk, 2 much sense no go kill u
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by SamUnbeatable(m): 8:03am On Dec 25, 2019
hustle oooo
hustle oo, my brother hustle make u no say Christmas celebration is not biblical because u no get money.. hustle...

hustle oooo
hustle oo, my brother hustle make u no say Christmas celebration is not biblical because u no get money.. hustle...

hustle oooo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by fraymite: 8:03am On Dec 25, 2019
mgbadadike:

So what's wrong with it?
See the way you're confusing yourself. So someone can just sit and add anything to Christianity which is not commanded by Jesus and no biblical backing? No wonder why we even say the modern day Christianity is based on falsehood. Renounce this and worship your lord, your creator. That is Allah. Research about Islam and accept before death meet you.

2 Likes

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 25, 2019
The Orthodox Aethiopic Church does not celebrate Dec. 25th
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Sunnycliff(m): 8:04am On Dec 25, 2019
MrCuteking:

Who told you it was on Sunday? undecided

The early morning of the first day of the week is what?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by mastermaestro(m): 8:04am On Dec 25, 2019
Samanza89:
My Church "The Church of Christ" don't also celebrate Christmas.

That American cult. You are a slave to an American occult society. May your eyes open so that you can escape for your soul in JESUS' name. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Samanza89: 8:05am On Dec 25, 2019
mhizv:

Delta State

That's nice. Nice meeting you!...
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Chi133(f): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2019
Sabby1:

U see ur life, celebrate jesus every day
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Mires: 8:06am On Dec 25, 2019
Solidkay:
Christmas celebration has become rampant among the Christians. Christmas is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed primarily on December 25 as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world.

But some Churches refuse to be celebrating Christmas and below are the 6 Churches that don't celebrate Christmas.

1- JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES
This religious organization is one of the biggest groups of Christmas-Shunners. Once upon a time, Jehovah's Witness used to observe Christmas. This was until 1928, after further study bynone official. The official found that this is based on "false religious beliefs or activities". Deseret news reports that this is explained in a 1993 book, "Jehovah's Witness-Proclaimers of God's Kingdom".

2- SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH
Just like Jehovah's Witness, this is Church is also against Christmas celebration.

A publication from them reads: "We do not celebrate Christmas as the Birth of Christ per say since Christ was not born in December".

He did not want us to celebrate his birth or He (Christ) would have told us when he was born. It has become a money-making celebration with Christ mixed in. It is a paga ritual.

3- DEEPER LIFE
A few years ago, Pastor W.F. Kumuyi, the head of the Church announced to the world that his Church does not celebrate the popular Holiday. Explaining at the 2013 retreat. He said: "We don't celebrate Christmas nor sing Christmas carol; because Christmas is of idolatrous background "

4- GOD'S KINGDOM SOCIETY (GKS)
GKS believes that there us no single evidence that Jesus was born on the 25th of December. Rather, they believe he was born on October and that Christmas originated from a "noisy pagan festival in honour of the god of the sun".

The church was started by St. Gideon MeriodereUrhobo in 1934 after leaven Jehovah's Witnesses with the headquarters found in Warrior.

5- RELIGIOUS SOCIETY OF FRIENDS AKA QUAKERS.
This church believes that " every day is a holy day", so there is no need to single out just one day to celebrate.

6- MOUNTAIN OF FIRE MINISTRIES (MFM)
According to the founder of the church, Pastor D.K. Olukoya, " We don't celebrate Christmas because the root is demonic "

7. Church of Christ
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Sunnycliff(m): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2019
boxer022:
Which day did Christ die on the cross, according to your teachings he died on Friday which make you celebrate Good Friday. But He said that as Jonah spent 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the fish, so He the Son of man will spend 3 days and 3 nights in the grave after which He will rise again. So do your calculations well.

Matthew 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. 28:2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by spiralwedge(m): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2019
Sunnycliff:

You are right. But do you know the origin of SUNDAY?

Just like CHRISTMAS, you know the origin and won't celebrate on DECEMBER 25th. Would you do the same when you know the origin of SUNDAY?

SUNDAY is even worse because it retains it's pagan name. Christmas at least doesn't and it points to Christ. SUNDAY doesn't

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

"Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React / Apostle Suleman's 50 Prophecies For 2017 / Pastor Touches A Lady's Vagina & Boobs During Deliverance (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.