Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,267 members, 7,829,553 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas (106782 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 12:56am On Dec 29, 2019
thinkmoney:

hmmm, thank u. I notice it's difficult to make him see reason. God help him

It's you who needs God's help.

When Catholics use deductive reasoning you call them false religion but you say your religion is a true religion when they use deductive reasoning.

Hypocrites
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 1:01am On Dec 29, 2019
Maximus69:

Hairyrapunzel WAS a JW, he is self-centered and feels whatever rules binding on members is not for him so he WAS DISFELLOWSHIPED!

So there is NOTHING you can say to assist him, he is fully determined to kick against whatever JEHOVAH says, most especially if it's to govern his people as one.
He feels really bitter inside him like scattering God's people so that there won't be worshippers of the true God standing out as a unique group! wink

But jehovah didn't ever condemn people who celebrated jesus christ when he was born nor was it ever written in his word that he condemned celebrating the birth of jesus .

Watchtower leaders said so. Or else you are saying your leaders are now jehovah.

You can't even provide proof that jehovah said such.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by TheArchangel(f): 3:22am On Dec 29, 2019
What a laughable thread!!!!! Like the tower of Babel.

Arguing over inconsequentials. Speaking for their God's and making their God a laughing stock.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 3:46am On Dec 29, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

But jehovah didn't ever condemn people who celebrated jesus christ when he was born nor was it ever written in his word that he condemned celebrating the birth of jesus .

Watchtower leaders said so. Or else you are saying your leaders are now jehovah.

You can't even provide proof that jehovah said such.

JEHOVAH have spoken THROUGH THE MOUTH OF HIS WITNESSES AND HIS ACTION but you people are BLIND and DEAF spiritually!

©Jehovah's Witnesses have been preaching and teaching throughout the earth regarding customs and traditions that irritates God.

©The month of December is peculiar to all sort of injurious things and disaster.

What else do you expect God to do if you people ignore his TRUE servants and other vivid signs around you? undecided
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cerpvad(m): 6:14am On Dec 29, 2019
Thank you
Hairyrapunzel:

Same to you.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by boiz2men(m): 8:44am On Dec 29, 2019
khia:

The false Egyptian God Horus (birthday..Dec 25) was created thousands of years before the christian false deity Jesus was created.

Check this out, according to the history of the pagan god Horus, his mother gave a miraculous virgin birth, Horus was born in a manger in a stable with his mother ISIS next to him.

Horus was to be the savior of the world, the fighter of darkness, the light of the world. Does all of this sound familiar and mind you this story was created thousands of years before the story of your Jesus?

Boiz2men, this is only one opening there are many more.

This theory is not a lie?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Hairyrapunzel: 9:04am On Dec 29, 2019
Maximus69:

JEHOVAH have spoken THROUGH THE MOUTH OF HIS WITNESSES AND HIS ACTION but you people are BLIND and DEAF spiritually!

©Jehovah's Witnesses have been preaching and teaching throughout the earth regarding customs and traditions that irritates God.

©The month of December is peculiar to all sort of injurious things and disaster.

What else do you expect God to do if you people ignore his TRUE servants and other vivid signs around you? undecided

They speak on customs that irritate God when it's not even written anywhere that it irritates God. Lol

God has never said those customs irritate him whereas you guys have already listed the customs. Lol

How God in spirit form talked to your leaders from 1914 I don't know.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by mgbadadike: 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
Maximus69:

God's word was written to help believers know what they should and shouldn't do in the name of God!
The only thing wrong in idolatry is worshiping in the WRONG form. Humans were created with the inborn tendency to worship God. Satan capitalises on this to misdirect humans into doing what will annoy God and bring reproach on his holy name.
That's why God instructed the nation of Israel (the one and only nation he gave divine laws on how to please him in worship) not to copy any of the customs and traditions of the nations in their surrounding! Deuteronomy 11:32, 12:30

Birthday celebration is the custom of those pagan nations {Genesis 40:20} only God's enemies copy it from pagan nations {Matthew 14:6} you can't see any amongst God's faithful servants whether in the old or new Testament that engages in BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

Before the arrival of Jesus Christ the Ecclesiaste said it's the day a man dies that's most important than the day of his birth! Ecclesiastes 7:1

To prove that he is hear to fulfill what was written before him {Matthew 5:17} Jesus' birthday was never celebrated by his parents, himself nor his followers. Jesus INSTRUCTED his followers to commemorate the day of his death NOT his birth! Luke 22:19-20

For us to know how to continue with the legacy they left behind, GOD made sure that after four Witnesses penned down the story of Jesus' life and ministry, God also made sure that another book was written called ACT OF APOSTLES According to the book the first century Christians NEVER thought of celebrating the BIRTH of Jesus!

So if anyone feels like celebrating the BIRTH of Jesus today, it's OK!
But believers IMITATING the faith of the early Christians will say "NO we are not interested!" Hebrew 13:7

God bless you! smiley

Thank God you agreed with me that celebrating Jesus Christ's birth was not written anywhere in the Bible as a sin. Your only problem is that it was not instructed anywhere in the Bible to celebrate Jesus Christ's birth. Fine.

Now, you said birthday celebration is a pagans custom and tradition.

Bro, we're not celebrating any pagan or whatever. We're celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, God who took a human nature and laid aside His heavenly glory to live among us, who came and die for the sins of the world; The Bible says. 'God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the ministry of reconciliation . . . he made him sin for us that we may be made the righteousness of God in him' (2 Corinthians 5:19, 21).

Jesus Christ came into the world to become humanity's Savior. Without His coming humanity would not have a Savior.

Bro celebrating Jesus Christ's coming into the world to save us is not a PAGANISM. We're celebrating Jesus Christ's coming into the world. It has nothing to do with pagan, and It worth celebrating every seconds of our lives.

You don't understand what it takes for someone to leave his comfort zone and go to a place where he will suffer, and die like a criminal just to save another. Where can you find such love? Even our so called ministers of God and Pastors cannot do such for us.

Finally, Be happy that Jesus Christ came into the world to save us. Celebrate Him Bro, it's not a sin. Without His coming, we wouldn't have been saved.

I'm sorry that this will be my last reply.

Merry Christmas!
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Empiree: 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2019
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by blueAgent(m): 1:38am On Dec 31, 2019
Pistotita

Thanks for your response and compliments Am delighted that you are interested in knowing the truth.

First on the issue of Hell.
God in his power, authority and omnipotence has explicitly declared what will be the fate of the righteous and the wicked, it is our duty to accept it.
On the issue of Hell been abstract, I find it amazing that some people share this thoughts or view. but it is totally wrong because God has given us sufficient evidence, revelation and clues to know that Hell will actually be a place of physical burning and torment of the wicked and not just and Idea, thought or feeling.
Here are some verses to ponder on with regards to the matter.
Remember that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by physical fire and we are told that there destruction is an example of what will befall the wicked.

Matthew 10:15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrhah in the day of judgment, than for that city.

2 Peter 2:6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrhah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

Luke 17:29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

Thessalonians 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 Peter 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2 Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

This is not abstract.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

God's word is not abstract Jesus said his word is life and spirit,God's word already carry life,power and authority it does not need more revelation for it to come to life. what it needs is for the believer to have faith and to exercise the word of God over any circumstance.

John 6:63
It is the spirit that gives life; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

On the issue of the sabbath day you will agree with me that there is no clue or divine direction or authority establishing Sunday as the day of worship instead of the sabbath day instituted by God.
The Catholic church has confessed that they were the ones who changed the day of worship.
You will also agree with me that neither Jesus , or his disciples or Mary his mother ever kept Sunday as the day of worship even after the death and resurrection of Jesus.
Here are some links that can help you understand the origin and truth about Sunday worship.

www.sabbath-truths.com/

www.end-times-prophecy.org/the-sabbath-day-bible.html

https://www.sabbathtruth.com/free-resources/article-library/id/916/catholic-church-admits-they-made-the-change

Many people are quick to blame Christianity for the under development of Nigeria and Africa but the truth is Christianity has done more good than harm(If there is any).
Even if you take away Christianity from Nigeria and Africa we will still not have electricity and good running water.
You can do your research on African nations who are majority Muslims or traditional religious people e.g is Somalia and Haiti.

The Existence of Hell fire does not depend on weather we believe it or not, like I said before. God has given us much evidence and clue for us to learn and choose so we are without excuse.
Many people never believed that HIV was real but that did not stop them from contacting and dying from the disease.
We cannot claim that Hell does not exist based on we do not know its duration.
I think God does not owe us any answer explanation with regards to that.

I don't subscribe to that idea that people need to be shouted or cursed with Hell fire in order for them to be saved. I think thats were pastors get it wrong, although there job is to warn and try to persuade people to turn to God, the final decision is that of the individual to make.

Adventist is not a sect or cult as most ignorant people claim.
The truth which is the word of God is there for everyone to see and Adventist Church although not perfect , they are in line with God's word and purpose.
I will take time to write more articles with regards to your questions but in the mean time you can go through my blog and look for articles that answer some of your questions.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by blueAgent(m): 1:55am On Dec 31, 2019
Pistotita:

I appreciate this. Oh. It is nice you are an adventist. Seriously, I need an adventist to change my mind because I am having an encounter with one who does not portray anything I can call a daughter of God. I do not understand why the so called adventist always run away from discussing Jesus and Holy Spirit. Even if the adventists do not believe in trinity, it is fine. I just want to know the truth. I am hungry for knowledge; therefore, I do not criticize. And I may find you guys interesting and even start worshipping with you occassionally. I really do not discrininate.

In regards to the bolded area, how can you say the story of hell and heaven is not abstract? Of course it is. The challenge with most christians is that they try choking in the throats of others their conviction. Well, I am a christian....and you should read my thread in the religious section. But I am realistic. Everything is abstract.

Let me shock you. Bible is made with nornal ink on pieces of paper sown or glued together. It is just like the normal textbooks I used from my elementary to the university. Lol. Guy, if I use it today to clean my bom bom, nothing will happen to me. Same with Quran and all other religious books.

But guess what! That glued pieces of paper can be powerful, but only when the breath of life is on it. Bam! It becomes alive and real. Go and read the book of John where Jesus is revealed as the word. Those pieces of paper must receive life to be active. And then, they become active. But it is based on the subject using the pieces of paper. The same pieces of paper used by Subject A can be fire, while they remain the same pieces of paper in the hand of subject B. It is why I do not believe in the doctrine of preservation of items or materials used by great men. That is idolatory in my world.

So, I believe that revelation is the only way these teachings can be real. Therefore, to make sense to my readers, I always use simple ways. I let them know that these issues are abstract, but they can be real. So, they are abstract sir. And they will remain so till the breath of life comes on them.

I read everything you posted. And I still want to learn more. I wish you can open a thread on these topics. And maybe more adventists can come out. I want to know why they observe Sabbath day. Though, I have nothing against it. The recent debate of whether it is good to celebrate Xmas or not is just in-line with what I am trying to know. But guess what, I love the response of Sam Adeyemi of Day Star. He said that the western world who brought christianity are enjoying electricity 24/7 even during this period because they concentrate on what are important, while we are here debating whether we should eat Xmas meat or not. Lol. And he finished his response by saying "May sense fall on us". Lol. That is a realistic man. I love him. Will anyone go to hell fire by believing there is hell or not? I am still asking. Is it a criterion for salvation? And like I said, if your opponent faces you that the fire is going to burn forever, you will just wonder what is up. And since the Adventist does not even know when the fire willl stop, .....come on! But let us be really realistic....does it make sense to keep laying strong emphasis that there is fire somewhere which will burn people when they die at the point of winning their souls?

I was traveling to another state recently in a public bus and this guy who was behind me started preaching just when I was receiving an important call. He was shouting. And I quickly waved at him that he should please lower his voice that the call is important. Do you know what this guy did? He started shouting who am I to stop the gospel of the most high God. That there is hell. People will burn there. Bla bla bla. He was cursing everyone in the bus, and even spoke against Islam. I saw the faces of the moslim folks there...so red. They almost exploded, but thank God for patience. How can anyone want to preach and be shouting people he is trying to preach to will rot in hell. I found if funny. And this is the way almost all these street evangelists behave with their useless sound system shouting people will rot in hell. What is wrong in passing the gospel of love? Why can't they focus on love? Oh....John 3.16....and they leave out "love", but concentrate on the word "perish". This is my point.

Yeah! I want to understand more about Adventist. I want to believe it is not a sect because to me these people look gentle. And i think Ben Carson is one too. Even, the presidents' pastor, Billy Graham said "They are sound on the great New Testament doctrines including grace and redemption through the vicarious offering of Jesus Christ 'once for all' ". I truly want to believe this.

I will look into the links you have posted again. God bless you sir.

Pistotita

I forgot to add, on the issue of Christmas, the Bible did not record the exact day Jesus was born neither did the Bible tell us to celebrate it.
The truth is that Christmas has pagan origins. but my personal view is that the Churches should inform their congregations about the true origin of Christmas celebration. It should be up to the members or individuals to decide if they would honour the birth of Jesus on 25th or not.

Just like apostle Paul urged Christians to do.

Romans 14:5.
One man esteems one day above another: another esteems
every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own
mind.

I don't think God will cast people to Hell for celebrating Jesus on the 25th of December.

Ellen G white one of the pioneer's of Adventist Church, she advised members to reflect on the importance of the celebration which is Christ rather than to focus on the day of birth she also asked members to use that period to show love and gratitude to one another and to God
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 3:42am On Dec 31, 2019
blueAgent:

Pistotita

I forgot to add, on the issue of Christmas, the Bible did not record the exact day Jesus was born neither did the Bible tell us to celebrate it.
The truth is that Christmas has pagan origins. but my personal view is that the Churches should inform their congregations about the true origin of Christmas celebration. It should be up to the members or individuals to decide if they would honour the birth of Jesus on 25th or not.

Just like apostle Paul urged Christians to do.

Romans 14:5.
One man esteems one day above another: another esteems
every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own
mind.

I don't think God will cast people to Hell for celebrating Jesus on the 25th of December.

Ellen G white one of the pioneer's of Adventist Church, she advised members to reflect on the importance of the celebration which is Christ rather than to focus on the day of birth she also asked members to use that period to show love and gratitude to one another and to God

Nice one bro. I share same concept too.

There is a reason we have brains. Celebrating Christmas, Easter, New Year, Birthday, etc, or not celebrating them has nothing to do with the salvation of the soul. So,I do not bother myself with these issues.

Once you realise that it is the soul we are talking about, you begin to understand it more. Jesus himself has told the truth, spirit is spirit, physical is physical.

Mediation is the Key. If I start with this subject, we will not finish. If anyone unerstands this topic, the fellow will not get it wrong.

Canal people are doctrine people. Just exactly like the pharisees and sudacees. When you know the power of God, and you can break through to the abstract world, you just laugh at people who say they will die in one particular denomination. The power in connection to the anstract world is simple but extremely powerful. And can be done in various ways. I think i will pick this sibject up soon. The best platform is via Holy Spirit. I have been checkeding many media and I know that via Holy Spirit is very safe and secured. You will land into the abstract world safely. Then you realise that the real world is actually the abstract world, and not the physical .

But when one is weak spiritually, doctrine fills the person's heart. The fellow is not only weak, but dead. You can never be sensitive spiritually and sleep with opposite sex, not to talk of same sex anyhow. Even with ones spouse legally married to. How does one explain these issues? But spiritually dead people just take the words of their spiritual leaders like zombies.

For the past 5 months, I have changed how i give offering. I used to use my master card in the church and God rewarded me. The concept of giving is powerful. Like I said only the spiritual sensitive ones can comprehend it. It is meaningless to the canal mind. And one should never argue along the line. I was just entering the church several months ago when I saw a man handed N500 cash to an elderly usher. And that was how my spirit arrested me. Sir, I changed my style. Instead of using my card I turned to cash. N100 inside the offerring bowl and much more for elderly people in the church. I put cash in envelop(es) and hand it/them over to aged people. Guess what? I started seeing some of them changing to better clothings, almost all of them brighten up. And my finance improved too. Ha! The concept of giving is powerful. Cash or gift is the seed while the person/organisation you give it to is the soil. Both seed and soil must be good before one reaps good harvest . So, canal people are manipulated by pastors who demand for tithès. Lol. I am not going to argue about the subject of giving tithe with anyone. Will not giving tithe make you lose your soul? Hahaha! My point is that these things are not the first priority. We just confuse ourselves by arguing on useless issues. What we need to do is to get hooked to the power behind the resurecton of Christ and lauch into the abstract world so we can see and hear. Then after who will confuse you with any doctrine? Even the man standing on the altar may not see and hear what you are seing and hearing. Once you are convinced in the abstract (which to me is the real world) world that giving is good and profitable, who can stop you? Hmmmmm!

It is very simple. The Holy Spirit teaches and leads. If you dont hear him, how willl he teach and guide you? And it is not possible for anyone to confuse you. You just chill. Go to a quiet place and ask Him. He will show you the answer. So many people just talk bal bla bla. ...the question is that have they ever been spoken to by the Holy Spirit? Of course not?

Feelings are difference from the experience I am talking about. When Jesus said that broad is the way to destruction, one cannot undersgand it until one starts seeing and hearing. Also, one will not understand what He meant by "my people perish cos of lack of knowledge" Of course it is knowledge in physical and spiritual. The knowledge most know about is the physical knowledge. What about the spiritual knowledge? You just know some things people around you do not know and they begin wondering how.

Lack of knowledge is when you see an adult of over 40 behave like a kid. You do such adult a favor by spanking him or her with harsh words. Lack of knowledge is the reason one will say "Christ instituted denominations in this world so we can tap into one we are comfortable and grow in". Waoooooo! Waooooooo! Are you kidding me? Christ institited denomination? Anyone who is dead spiritually gets hooked to the doctrine of the church he or she attends. Will there be 7th Day adventist, Redeemed Baptist, Catholic, Protestants, Apostolic, Witnesses, etc when this world passes away? People do not think. And it is funny how foo.lishness is being defended these days. People with physical knowledge (masters and phd degrees holders) without spritual knowledge say some things and one must but stop arguing cos if they see and hear what you are seeing nand hearing, you know they will not utter cerfain statements.

Let me stop here sir.

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by almarthins(m): 2:55am On Jan 31, 2020
osazsky:
I ask u again do u know how many rapists and killers were born on d same day christ was born,leave us to celebrate him,or is it only jesus that was born on that day mumu is it ur jesus leave our jesus for us. grow up

The facts remain that christ was nt born on the 25th. The real mumu na u. Pope wey sit down one place decide dat christ should be celebrated on the same with dere idol. Make una dey religion, no open ur eyez o
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Timmax(m): 6:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
you are very correct, not only sun worship day but everything doctrinal to idolators.

With bunch of babalawos as pastos. I am a messenger of God with identity to no church.

Keep up educating people even as some will declare you and daddy freeze(devil agent).
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by DateMynd44(m): 12:57pm On Mar 13, 2020
mhizv:

Delta State
where precisely in Delta are u?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by mhizv(f): 1:11pm On Mar 13, 2020
DateMynd44:
where precisely in Delta are u?

Uhh warri undecided
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by DateMynd44(m): 1:16pm On Mar 13, 2020
mhizv:

Uhh warri undecided
cool!
Came to Ughelli for an assignment. Would be leaving soon tho.
Just felt we could get to know each other and talk.
How about that?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by DateMynd44(m): 1:24pm On Mar 13, 2020
mhizv:

Uhh warri undecided
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by DateMynd44(m): 12:21am On Mar 14, 2020
mhizv:

Uhh warri undecided
hi u never added nor called undecided
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Kobojunkie: 4:36am On Jun 02, 2021
imolile:
Legalism is the problems of Nigerian churches, most people have not heard that word before
Legalism (or nomism), in Christian theology, is the act of putting law above gospel by establishing requirements for salvation beyond repentance and faith in Jesus Christ and reducing the broad, inclusive and general precepts of the Bible to narrow and rigid moral codes.
We don't do this and we don't do that is human attempt to attain holiness or righteousness by mere works,
Sometimes the strictness imposed on people tends to rob people oF true Christianity which is more about the saving of the souls of men
In the course of Practicing legalism, many of the men have sent a wrong message about Jesus to the world
these seclusion that made people to differentiate themselves in most cases is not of God
Christians are to be Lights in the worLd,
Light does not shout,
Light shines.
these Legalism is like shouting and it makes us worse than Judaism
this is the point where the Jews were when Jesus Came
Christianity is more than all these, you can bring people out of ignorance only by loving them not by legalistic seclusion

Actually Legalist are the most of all hypocrites because they cannot keep up with true legalism
God Condemns all man in one statement Roman 3:10 , Isaiah 64: 6
It is Only Jesus who qualifies to attain Gods righteousness and we must come through Him
1. God is a God of Law and Jesus Christ His Law to mankind where His Kingdom is concerned. God's very instructions to you are that you obey His teachings/commandments in all wise. So it is impossible to be a follower of Jesus Christ (the Law) without submitting to and obeying the details of the Law that is He. There is no relationship to be had with Jesus Christ that can be said to exist outside of the Law that He embodies. undecided

2. The relationship a follower of Jesus Christ has with Jesus is one built on the following of rules and laws that His Truth consists of. Every promise, benefit obtained from Him, be it...

* Salvation (Saved from the condemnation of sin .i.e.Death) with gift of eternal life

* being Born-again( born of water and of Spirit)

* Freedom from slavery to sin to attain Sonship .i.ePerfection/Holiness

* Spirit of Truth(Jesus Christ) and Spirit of God(God Himself) living inside of a one

* Righteousness

... is only accessible to those who submit to and obey His commandments..the only way. undecided

3. While a one who submits to and obeys the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ is said to have a relationship with Jesus Christ, God's Law, the same cannot be said of a one who instead follows after the doctrines and commandments of men in the name of Jesus Christ. There is no comparing God's Law, the Truth of God and the lies of men which nullify the power of God in the lives of those who submit to them. undecided

Hypocrites are described by Jesus Christ as those who with their mouths confess they follow Him but their very works reveal them to instead be filled with lies, doctrines and traditions of men, which are against God. The darkness that is the lies they follow is what shines forth from such men and can only be mistaken for the light of Jesus Christ by others equally blinded by lies of men. undecided
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by FullBlastLight: 5:02pm On Dec 25, 2022
malvisguy212:
there is more work to be done than merriment .

...bt d Bible says, a merry heart doeth good like medicine!
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by FullBlastLight: 5:10pm On Dec 25, 2022
Sunnycliff:
My church deeper life does not celebrate it cos it has no scriptural injunction or biblical basis.

Then show us d scriptural injunction or biblical basis of ur resting or going 2 Church every Sunday?

Is Sunday d Sabbath day? Huh?

Legalistic believers!
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by malvisguy212: 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2022
FullBlastLight:

...bt d Bible says, a merry heart doeth good like medicine!
True that my brother.... but our context of merriment is different
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by FullBlastLight: 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2022
malvisguy212:
True that my brother.... but our context of merriment is different

U're not incorrrect, though!
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by malvisguy212: 6:09pm On Dec 25, 2022
FullBlastLight:

U're not incorrrect, though!
Yes. we cannot Seat down eat , celebrate and relax while the sons of men go on PERDITION. the Gospel must be preach before the enemy get to the lost first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2022
malvisguy212:
Yes. we cannot Seat down eat , celebrate and relax while the sons of men go on PERDITION. the Gospel must be preach before the enemy get to the lost first.
Even Jesus Christ did seat, eat, and relax, so are you insinuating that Jesus Christ did not know what you claim to know? undecided
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by malvisguy212: 8:47pm On Dec 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Even Jesus Christ did seat, eat, and relax, so are you insinuating that Jesus Christ did not know what you claim to know? undecided
Luke 7:34
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Dec 26, 2022
malvisguy212:
Luke 7:34
So do you understand the information you quote there because it pretty much says what I stated which is that Jesus Christ sat, ate, and relaxed? undecided
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by sevenhundred(m): 10:43am On Dec 27, 2022
jcross19:
hypocrites in the church of God well the same churches are worshipping on Sunday which has demonic root! some church leaders are just bunch of Pharisee.
am supprise too, but they can celebrate and give speech on 1 oct, as if nig was created on that day, they equally forget it slavery back ground.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

"Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React / Apostle Suleman's 50 Prophecies For 2017 / Pastor Touches A Lady's Vagina & Boobs During Deliverance (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.