Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us (46108 Views)

RiverPoly Student Shot Dead In The Ogoni Crisis (Graphic Photo) / Burial Of Nkiruka, The Female Student Shot By Soldiers Announced / Final Year Mapoly Student Shot Dead By Suspected Cult Members - Graphic Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by UyiIredia(m): 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2010
didn't anyone see my suggestion

my humble suggestion is that Nairalanders who live in close to his neighborhood visit his place to ascertain the truth of this *rather than sitting down here doing nothing* >>> if the bad news is true >>> the next step is to send a team who would send condolences on behalf Nairaland >>> eulogizing him the way some here have done >>> who agrees ?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by debosky(m): 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2010
Can't we get beyond all this and just show some respect for a departed soul?

RIP Bawomolo. . . . . .your incisive thinking and rich personality will be sorely missed. I pray God gives your family strength to overcome the loss.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by spikedcylinder: 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2010
Missy ★ B:

Actually the least some of you can do is go far away from this thread if you have nothing to say but throw potshots.

When someone you 'know' dies, emotion is triggered. We reflect on their lifestyle and/or on ours and different thoughts dance  left-right. After a while, we move on because it's meant to be that way. The world doesn't stop but, that doesn't mean the defunct isn't missed.

There's indeed a lot to be learnt.
After all the insults on NL and all . . .You still care about people on NL and their well-being, even though you never met them. This, I learnt today.

Exactly.
I can't believe how much it stung me. I remember still teasing him just 2 weeks ago that he was finally old enough to drink. He responded in his usual cheeky manner and said 'legally'.
Till now, the tears have not left my eyes. Wow!!!!!! I don't even have the nerve to tell my colleagues who are currently consoling me that I never met the dude. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by ElRazur: 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2010
Okay, it is important to mention a few things.

While we may have our squabbles here and disagree over certain things. I think this thread shows that we somehow care about people we debate with or interact with online.

I stated this before, and I am stating again: The death of a member is a big thing to deal with and can be a shock to the system, so there shouldn't be a problem if some of us are asking for proper confirmation. It is because we care and deal with death in a different way. So for folks like me, it is important to get the confirmation if someone is reported as being dead or died fatally.

I noted that I was banned for "light trolling" just for asking for clarification if this was really about Bawolomo.   Smh.

Going by what I observed him post on the forum, he do not come across as a 21year old. He stated he worked etc. Anyone can see that these few things goes against what was being reported. Also those who claimed to "know him" are not forth coming with information. So it is understandable to see why some won't start posting condolences and just want a confirmation. (It boils to how we deal with death/bad news like this)

Deep down, I hope it isn't him and I hope it is all just a mistake, but I am not so sure now if all of these is a big coincidence. I mean, what are the odds?

As per those trying to bring God into all of these, I think this is wrong. Every man have their own beliefs and as such let us respect that. Especially, in this kind of moment where people are tense and want answer.

I won't wax lyrical about bawolomo, other than say home boy if you are there abeg log in.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by UyiIredia(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2010
@ El Razur >>> well said
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by kadman(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Exactly.
I can't believe how much it stung me. I remember still teasing him just 2 weeks ago that he was finally old enough to drink. He responded in his usual cheeky manner and said 'legally'.
Till now, the tears have not left my eyes. Wow!!!!!! I don't even have the nerve to tell my colleagues who are currently consoling me that I never met the dude. cry cry cry cry cry cry

Spikey I'm sorry. I can see it's on your blackberry status, facebook page and yahoo messenger so I know how much you are hurt.

Please refrain from trading words, you know where it hurts you, some people on here are just looking for their afternoon amusement. It is well pele
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by agabaI23(m): 3:25pm On Dec 03, 2010
Na wa I get am for cold chills even though it is already cold.

Never knew this movie scripts I watch would materialise on someone I am familiar with.

RIP Bamo even though our parts never crossed, your presence on NL was too glaring to missed.

You will surely be missed. Men do not cry.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 03, 2010
One gunner down but not out! It is well bro . . . we exchanged sharp words but you depart with my respect for you intact.
Arsenal will do this weekend in your honor.

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by slap1(m): 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2010
What if it's not Bawomolo? Someone said he does TALK with Bawo off NL and I'm guessing it's on phone . . . why not try to talk with/to him again, plz?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by agabaI23(m): 3:30pm On Dec 03, 2010
I will be glad if it is not him sha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by spikedcylinder: 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2010
kadman:

Spikey I'm sorry. I can see it's on your blackberry status, facebook page and yahoo messenger so I know how much you are hurt.

Please refrain from trading words, you know where it hurts you, some people on here are just looking for their afternoon amusement. It is well pele

That is eh. . . . . . cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Busybody2(f): 3:32pm On Dec 03, 2010
ElRazur:

Okay, it is important to mention a few things.

While we may have our squabbles here and disagree over certain things. I think this thread shows that we somehow care about people we debate with or interact with online.

I stated this before, and I am stating again: The death of a member is a big thing to deal with and can be a shock to the system, so there shouldn't be a problem if some of us are asking for proper confirmation. It is because we care and deal with death in a different way. So for folks like me, it is important to get the confirmation if someone is reported as being dead or died fatally.

I noted that I was banned for "light trolling" just for asking for clarification if this was really about Bawolomo.   Smh.

Going by what I observed him post on the forum, he do not come across as a 21year old. He stated he worked etc. Anyone can see that these few things goes against what was being reported. Also those who claimed to "know him" are not forth coming with information. So it is understandable to see why some won't start posting condolences and just want a confirmation. (It boils to how we deal with death/bad news like this)

Deep down, I hope it isn't him and I hope it is all just a mistake, but I am not so sure now if all of these is a big coincidence. I mean, what are the odds?

As per those trying to bring God into all of these, I think this is wrong. Every man have their own beliefs and as such let us respect that. Especially, in this kind of moment where people are tense and want answer.

I won't wax lyrical about bawolomo, other than say home boy if you are there abeg log in.

Bamo is 21 cool
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by slap1(m): 3:33pm On Dec 03, 2010
Bad Friday.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by mukina2: 3:33pm On Dec 03, 2010
Cant any thread go on without people trying to know who's real and who's not?

a young boy just lost his life at 21 and you have people on here causing  rukus in here.
imagine if he was your younger brother, shot down in a cruel manner how would you feel?

Please people ignore those who think  they are better than us all.
Bamowolo rest in peace  , you will surely be missed  cry cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by jaybee3(m): 3:36pm On Dec 03, 2010
21 is just damn too young.
He had his whole life ahead of him.
May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by mukina2: 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Woohoo? Jubilation on someone's condolence thread?
You have the mad cow's. It is certain. undecided

let it go please . . . . .

jay bee:

21 is just damn too young.
He had his whole life ahead of him.
May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace
i cant even try to understand what his mum would be going through.
seeing your own son , so full of life and a bright future, gunned down cruelly cry
Poor woman May God console her and the rest of the family
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Please log off NL now in honour of Bawo, please.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by netotse(m): 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2010
@david
i think your yarns are/were disrespectful, both to bawomolo's memory and to the people expressing their grief, even if they're expressing false grief what's it to you?

@kobo
i dont know if you're trying to be brash on purpose but for crissakes, people are grieving, if you were paying attention you would've noticed spikey mentioned him leaving her offline messages more than 2ce esp on the first page of this thread, and yes some people know spikeys name and have seen her on his friends list, while i get what you're driving at, i think it's in very bad taste for you to come on this thread and practically insult the people here, it was glaring from the very first page that muki and spikey related with him off NL.

@all
this thread isn't the place for any altercations or wise words of wisdom, a young man a lot of NLers have come to know and admire was cut down before he reached his prime. . .if you know that doesn't touch you enough for you to keep your trash to yourself the least you could do is carry it elsewhere. . .
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Moonstone(f): 3:40pm On Dec 03, 2010
@spiked, please just mourn a friend and leave Kobo alone. Imagine if bawo were here, what would he do? Since you're hurting, just take your time to mourn him and let's still hope he pops up in here saying it's someone else with a similar name and a similar address cry.

@ NL moderators, can someone please delete certain comments from this thread? angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Pataki: 3:40pm On Dec 03, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Drop this abeg. Don't expect everyone here to be sane. I would have questioned myself if some people posted otherwise on this thread. But alas, they never fail with their ultimate foolish reasoning and the air head they carry around thinking their views hold supremo.

Bawomolo, I never had cause to really banter with him much except once on a gay topic/thread like that. And I found him quite intriguing with that amount of intelligence at his age then.

May God grant his family the strength to bear this sad loss.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by ElRazur: 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2010
mukina2:

Cant any thread go on without people trying to know who's real and who's not?

a young boy just lost his life at 21 and you have people on here causing  rukus in here.
imagine if he was your younger brother, shot down in a cruel manner how would you feel?

Please people ignore those who think  they are better than us all.
Bamowolo rest in peace  , you will surely be missed  cry cry

Can those bringing god into these and trying to mock him because he is an atheist, have their post removed at the very least please?

@Busy Body.

I hear you. The whole thing is depressing really.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by spikedcylinder: 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2010
mukina2:

let it go please . . . . .
naijababe:

Please log off NL now in honour of Bawo, please.
Moonstone:

@spiked, please just mourn a friend and leave Kobo alone. Imagine if bawo were here, what would he do? Since you're hurting, just take your time to mourn him and let's still hope he pops up in here saying it's someone else with a similar name and a similar address cry.

@ NL moderators, can someone please delete certain comments from this thread? angry angry angry angry

Pataki:

Drop this abeg. Don't expect everyone here to be sane. I would have questioned myself if some people posted otherwise on this thread. But alas, they never fail with their ultimate foolish reasoning and the air head they carry around thinking their views hold supremo.

Bawomolo, I never had cause to really banter with him much except once on a gay topic/thread like that. And I found him quite intriguing with that amount of intelligence at his age then.

May God grant his family the strength to bear this sad loss.

You are all correct. I won't let anyone let my day get worse. Bad as it already is.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Tudor6(f): 3:48pm On Dec 03, 2010
davidylan:

One gunner down but not out! It is well bro . . . we exchanged sharp words but you depart with my respect for you intact.
Arsenal will do this weekend in your honor.
'Sharp words' indeed. Infact looking at the scale of the vitriol you threw his way, I think you are the number 1 suspect for this murder.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by JeSoul(f): 3:48pm On Dec 03, 2010
I just logged in only to see Mukina's msg in my inbox.

I am devastated to the core. Trying to keep my composure here at work. I don't even know what to say . . . please let all of this be just a big misunderstanding. Please
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by otondo55: 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2010
Rest In Peace bawomolo !
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by eldee(m): 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2010
@Spikey

Thanks for posting his FB despite the fact that you don't need to prove to anyone that he's the one, I've seen the pic on Faceboook and the one on the paper . . .I think it's him.
Now Kobojunkie and El Razur are reacting in a way that's accepted, it's denial . . . a fight with her will only make things worse.

davidylan:

and you "handle grief" how? By shedding crocodile tears and bawling everywhere?

It's not in you place to decide if they're shedding crocodile tears or not.
You do it your way and let him/her do it his way . . . if 'bawling' will make anyone okay, then it's their choice.

Why don't you respect the fact that we just heard of someone's death and leave the job of telling people what's right to conscience and common sense.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Mobinga: 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2010
RIP. Bawo
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by ikkkkk: 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2010
RIP. hope the police will track down his killers.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Sagamite(m): 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2010
God, I feel sick to the stomach. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-160661.32.html#msg2889510

A NLer just called me to tell me about this.

I am not the type to hype someone up because they are gone but I think alot of people would know I got along with bawomolo.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-452670.256.html#msg6120799
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-452670.256.html#msg6120805
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-454615.384.html#msg6171620
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-536766.640.html#msg7035450
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-454615.288.html#msg6155123
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-454615.416.html#msg6198927
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-454615.416.html#msg6208741
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-532370.0.html#msg6955605
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-492527.160.html#msg6532369
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-435939.0.html#msg5943770
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-435939.0.html#msg5944976

Despite his ultra-liberal views, I got along with him because he used his brain to argue and knows when to use his brain not to if he had no points. I used to use him as an example of someone with completely different views from mine that I had never insulted and never dared to insult because he puts his points across intelligently.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-519362.192.html#msg6824625

It was mutual respect:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-347075.0.html#msg4864236

My friend was at my place 2 weeks ago recently and I was showing him a thread in which I was joking with bawo and I was explaining to my friend that bawo was a contrast to me as he was soft on issues and would not agree with me that we need to kill some people (joking) because he believed they had rights. I showed him these exchanges of banter:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-424721.32.html#msg5835874
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-424721.32.html#msg5836254

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-517107.192.html#msg6802372 (long exchanges down the thread)

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-523183.32.html#msg6852576 (long exchanges down the thread)

My friend was laughing so hard at the exchange and was saying "I like the guy, he is like a funny homeboy". And I was telling him, I like him too despite his super-liberal views. There were numerous other banter between me and him because we got along and his intellect was of the type of person I will get along with even though it was drastically different in perspective.

This news is just sick.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by ElRazur: 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2010
eldee:

Now Kobojunkie and El Razur are reacting in a way that's accepted, it's denial . . . a fight with her will only make things worse.

Not wanting to take this off topic. Eldee, the first few pages showed very little information and all I did was constantly asked for confirmation. Some how some way, someone thought I was "light trolling" and banned me. shocked

If you go through my stuff, I stated that mentioning someone is dead is a big deal and it is important to at least confirm it is that person in question.

On the Arsenal thread, I also asked for clarification. One, the guy never came across as 21. He was way too mature and talking to him on YIM a few times, he mentioned he works etc. So you can see why I wanted answers and a reflection on how I don't want him dead even though I barely know him.

You are right, Denial is one of the way we cope with dealing with people's death. I think folks need to realise that and allow people to mourn him in the way they best know.

Behind the scenes, there are stuff coming up suggesting it may be him, I have to say.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Purist(m): 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2010
Guys, guys, chill out, please. Though I believe it's glaring from the comments on the first page here that spikedcylinder and mukina did know him personally, I still think El Razur's and kobojunkie's demand for further clarification/confirmation was not misplaced (Any old-timer that remembers the 2006 papermoon debacle should understand what I'm driving at here). So perhaps, Kobojunkie's persistent, somewhat stoic comments did not go down well with most people on here, at the end of the day I believe everyone is still concerned one way or the other.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by spikedcylinder: 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2010
eldee:

@Spikey

Thanks for posting his FB despite the fact that you don't need to prove to anyone that he's the one, I've seen the pic on Faceboook and the one on the paper . . .I think it's him.

It's not in you place to decide if they're shedding crocodile tears or not.
You do it your way and let him/her do it his way . . . if 'bawling' will make anyone okay, then it's their choice.

Why don't you respect the fact that we just heard of someone's death and leave the job of telling people what's right to conscience and common sense.

Sigh. cry cry

@ sagamite, I knew it was going to devastate you as I have been privy to some of your exchanges and they always made me literally laugh my bum out.
This is beyond sad. cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Insp. Richard Gele: Police Dismisses, De-kits Police Inspector In Viral Video / Police Parade Perpetrators Of Southern Kaduna Attacks & Killings, Arms Recovered / Fifteen Beheaded Bodies Dumped In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.