Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,273 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us (46113 Views)

RiverPoly Student Shot Dead In The Ogoni Crisis (Graphic Photo) / Burial Of Nkiruka, The Female Student Shot By Soldiers Announced / Final Year Mapoly Student Shot Dead By Suspected Cult Members - Graphic Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by HNIC(m): 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2010
Shocking . . . . . .
RIP Bawomolo
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by eldee(m): 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2010
@Elrazur

I see where you're coming from . . . it was little or no info at the beginning of the thread.
It always happens like that when you here a story concerning someone's death . . . you demand more and more clarification. . . 'it's a lie' and stuff like that.

You were closer to him than I was, so acceptance was harder for you, but u know Spikey and Mukina are obviously extremely emotional right now.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by spikedcylinder: 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2010
Purist:

Guys, guys, chill out, please.  Though I believe it's glaring from the comments on the first page here that spikedcylinder and mukina did know him personally, I still think El Razur's and kobojunkie's demand for further clarification/confirmation was not misplaced (Any old-timer that remembers the 2006 papermoon debacle should understand what I'm driving at here). So perhaps, Kobojunkie's persistent, somewhat stoic comments did not go down well with most people on here, at the end of the day I believe everyone is still concerned one way or the other.

I remember the papermoon incident quite well and I remember there was a new rule at the time that obituaries of any sort should not be posted on NL anymore because everyone on here was devastated by papermoon's fake demise, That was why I was a bit hesitant at first to provide more info. I assure you, that this is real. I wish it was a big fat lie though.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Busybody2(f): 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2010
This is not the place and time for arguments please, lets just pay our respect and move on please cry cry cry Kobo, unfortunately it is Bamo, so that includes you too please cry cry cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by honeric01(m): 4:15pm On Dec 03, 2010
BAWOLOMO SHOT DEAD? Please someone should tell me it's a lie!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided sad sad sad sad sad
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2010
Damnn! this is sad cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Are you people talking abt this dude? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=173694 shocked shocked Oh I hope not. Jeezzzzzzzzzz Life damn I can't wrap my head around this God!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 03, 2010
Wondering why I can't see my post any longer. Have I broken any forum rules today?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 03, 2010
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

rip

you will be missed

he was always among the people whose posts i checked on logging into nl - a path to insightful arguments on topics

and his erm cool profile pixs

i was a little surprised when he was offline for 2 days . . .

goddam ghetto gangbangers

i was notified earlier today, but couldn't log on to confirm

sad

sad sad sad sad
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by holydante(m): 4:23pm On Dec 03, 2010
He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by honeric01(m): 4:30pm On Dec 03, 2010
OMG!!! even the pix on his profile looks like that of his sister shown in the video clip on that news article, cry cry cry cry cry cry

Gosh!!!

God you know best, cry cry cry cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by babyme1(f): 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2010
R.I.P cry cry cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by follypimpi(m): 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2010
RIP bro.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 03, 2010
And I just can not understand why no one called the police. People cry cry God this is really sad I never knew a nairalander death could affect me this way. I feel so bad. Still hoping deep down in my heart God let it not be him.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Idowuogbo(f): 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2010
damn dis is sad RIP BAMO
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by eplanner: 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2010
May his soul rest in peace
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Ranoscky(m): 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2010
Sun re!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by carnal: 4:45pm On Dec 03, 2010
Uyi Iredia (m)
Lagos,Nigeria

Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us
« #80 on: Today at 02:51:28 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i must comment on what i noticed >>> is it true that he was shot and the neighbors were so dull as to not bother to call 911 >>> well !!! if this is true >>> this fact further tells me that complacency is not alien in the US

my humble suggestion is that Nairalanders who live in close to his neighborhood visit his place to ascertain the truth of this *rather than sitting down here doing nothing* >>> if the bad news is true >>> the next step is to send a team who would send condolences on behalf Nairaland >>> eulogizing him the way some here have done >>> who agrees ?

Is it posisble we come up with Uyi's suggestion here?I am sick already but we mite need to show NL support to d family,can i get some support?atleast those livin in chicago who can volunteer
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Sagamite(m): 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Sigh.  cry cry

@ sagamite, I knew it was going to devastate you as I have been privy to some of your exchanges and they always made me literally laugh my bum out.
This is beyond sad. cry cry cry cry

The thing hit me.

I have not eaten since morning and this just killed my appetite. This is a guy me and my pal were just laughing about 2 weeks ago as a cool guy, the guy that likes to occasionally pick on me in banter, just shot like it was some black american movie I see in cinemas/TV/DVD, before his life even kicked off at 21.

No doubt I am thinking how they can catch the useless killers and get rid of them.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by edeal247: 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2010
Either it was him or not a nigerian was murdered.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by edeal247: 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2010
Either it was him or not a nigerian was murdered.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 03, 2010
He sounds like he was really an interesting individual, just remember that physical death doesn't mean the end of this life, it continues in the beyond, i wish him a conscious spiritual journey home
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by kaypumpin2(m): 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2010
Shocking. . . really shocking. . .never knew that witty bro was just 21.He came across as one peace loving chap with his liberal views.

RIP bro and a heart felt condolescence to his family.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by comechop(m): 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2010
What a sad story. Life is so fragile. . . .
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tkb417(m): 5:18pm On Dec 03, 2010
Hmmmmm

Saw somethn like this on spikeys fb page but I disregarded and prayed silently not to know the person cos spikey and I have some common peeps

Later on, El Razur pinged me and asked if I heared about Bawomolo and I remembered the fb mssg, I ran to facebook and asked. Was shocked when Mukina confirmed he was shot and killed

I'm a man so I shdnt cry but this is one of the most painful and dreadful news I've heard in a while. Nomoresleep4me# mehn

R.I.P Bawomolo

U know how we do, continue reppin wherever u are

Not gonna cry mehn
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by fredoooooo: 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2010
from dust we came to dust we shall return , so sad it came so soon , rest in peace
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by sleekymag(m): 5:23pm On Dec 03, 2010
so sad, what a promising lad!
my condolences.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by DapoBear(m): 5:25pm On Dec 03, 2010
Very sad  sad
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 03, 2010
This is so sad. Still unbelievable. Wish you just could come back. . .
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2010
No no no!

I'm going to sit by my phone and expect a call. This is not believable. No. cry cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by sesman(m): 5:37pm On Dec 03, 2010
completely speechless

May his soul rest in peace
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Dec 03, 2010
Called his number 10 minutes ago, No response.

Bawomolo just pick or reply and tell us its a joke
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Dec 03, 2010
Bawomolo last logged in to Nairaland on November 29. 3pm Central Time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Man Strangles His Wife To Death In Badagry, Buries Her Beside A Well (Graphic) / Fifteen Beheaded Bodies Dumped In Calabar / Man Kidnaps 16-Year-Old Facebook Girlfriend In Edo, Had Sex With Her For 4 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.