Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us (46117 Views)

RiverPoly Student Shot Dead In The Ogoni Crisis (Graphic Photo) / Burial Of Nkiruka, The Female Student Shot By Soldiers Announced / Final Year Mapoly Student Shot Dead By Suspected Cult Members - Graphic Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Gemma11: 5:43pm On Dec 03, 2010
WOW! No one deserves to die in that way, least of all an innocent student minding his own business on his way home from college.

It would appear that this level of crime is so bad in Chicago that the locals are now so desensitized to the sound of gunshots that they now just block it out and carry on. What a life? Wasn’t it in the same Chicago that most of Jennifer Hudson's family were slaughtered?

Those crackheads obviously don’t care who they hurt or kill to get the next fix and unfortunately this brilliant young Nigerian star will be just another statistic in that violently crime ridden area. The only thing I can do is pray that those responsible find no peace in their lives.

My heart hurts. I pray that the good Lord brings some comfort to Bawomolo’s family and friends, especially those here on Nairaland.  cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by chamotex(m): 5:48pm On Dec 03, 2010
Nooooooooooo way!
R.I.P dude sad sad sad sad
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by MandingoII(m): 5:48pm On Dec 03, 2010
Dolton is a suburb right outside of chicago.

It looks like a nice neighborhood but in reality, its a bunch of niggerish behaviors going on.

Underemployed and unemployed youths are bad for any community.

Whats up with these parents that OWN homes?

SH.tz fugged up.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by kokoye(m): 6:01pm On Dec 03, 2010
May his soul rest in perfect peace. Amen.

God be with his family.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by A40(m): 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2010
His elder broda is my buddie mehn! Damnnnnnn!!!!!!! Cant even think of anything coherent to say just cant
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by manmustwac(m): 6:14pm On Dec 03, 2010
@nuclearboy
I just did my own research. bawomolo last posted on the 29th of November and the article about his death in the politics section says he was shot on the 30th of November. That plus the facts that i already knew from his I D that he was based in chicago illinois, which adds up with the article which says he was a student in chicago illinois. Plus the fact that he spent a lot of time on his laptop on facebook which explains nairaland.

I hate to say it because i wish it weren't true but i do believe he is dead now. sad sad
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by duduspace(m): 6:16pm On Dec 03, 2010
Quite unfortunate one of the most sensible and cultured people on here has been taken away just like that by some goons, one would never know he was that young. Don't know if there is an after life or a parallel universe anywhere but if there is would like to meet you there someday, I do hope the family finds some strength to get through this, all I can say is that time heals all things or at the least dulls the pain. RIP bawomolo, you did your bit.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by manmustwac(m): 6:17pm On Dec 03, 2010
A-40:

His elder broda is my buddie mehn! Damnnnnnn!!!!!!! Cant even think of anything coherent to say just cant
bawamolo is based in chicago and i thought u were based in new york?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by birdman(m): 6:19pm On Dec 03, 2010
Rest in peace bro. Only 21! Life is wack.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Sagamite(m): 6:19pm On Dec 03, 2010
I just feel sick to my stomach.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by NegroNtns(m): 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2010
This is very sad news!  Bawomolo will be missed dearly, particularly for his contributions in the politics section.

May his soul rest in peace and may God give consolation and relief to his family.  

To Seun,

I know it's against the rules in NL to announce deaths but I will suggest that the rule be reviewed to allow forum for a decent grieving and well wishes in memory of deceased members.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Ibime(m): 6:22pm On Dec 03, 2010
WHAT! Words can't describe my shock.

If its true, then RIP to brother Bamo. He was intelligent and mature beyond his years.

Still hoping this is just a miscalculation by you guys.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by dayokanu(m): 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2010
This is why I support the death penalty.

Try this in Texas and your ass is toast.

Even if they catch these goons they would just do max life in jail and tax payers money would be spent to feed them.

Rape, Child molesters, and Murderers should be killed sharp sharp.

Killing a 21yr old Grad student of mechanical Engineering who has a lot to offer the world while his killers are probably living on food stamps from the taxes paid.

The system needs to be adjusted.

South Chicago is somethng else. One of the most dangerous places to live and raise a child
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2010
HOLD UP! HE WAS ON NAIRALAND? STOP LYING! shocked shocked shocked

Unfortunately here in the states, particularly in the black community if you call the police you are called a snitch and could face reprisal/retaliation so ppl keep quiet.

I think that "street code" is bullshit and anyone who does not tell should be ashamed of themselves. If you have to do so in anonymity do it to clear your conscience and to give peace to loved ones.

I do not know the circumstances of this crime but who ever did it will get what is coming to them for sure because Karma is alive and well! But as for the victim's family, they are in my prayers and I hope justice will be served!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by igochopurs(f): 6:28pm On Dec 03, 2010
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by A40(m): 6:30pm On Dec 03, 2010
manmustwac:

bawamolo is based in chicago and i thought u were based in new york?
No be only New York na Old York! His elder bro and i where high school classmates,roommates e.t.c. Cant even imagine what he is facing right now
dayokanu:

This is why I support the death penalty.

Try this in Texas and your backside is toast.

Even if they catch these goons they would just do max life in jail and tax payers money would be spent to feed them.

despoil, Child molesters, and Murderers should be killed sharp sharp.

Killing a 21yr old Grad student of mechanical Engineering who has a lot to offer the world while his killers are probably living on food stamps from the taxes paid.

The system needs to be adjusted.

South Chicago is somethng else. One of the most dangerous places to live and raise a child
It aint called the Safari for nothing
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by kokoye(m): 6:32pm On Dec 03, 2010
I nearly got shot in this same scenario in Landover, Maryland back in 2003. The guy who pointed a gun at me was drunk inside a car with two girls - asking me to empty my pockets. I peed on myself as one of the girls started crying and pleading with him to stop - the other girl was laughing. I went on my knees and started crying in the cold after the driver sped off.

Now it all comes back to me. . . very very scary.  Never told my old parents back in Ibadan - their only surviving male child . .

May God grant his parents the strenght to bear this.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 03, 2010
igochopur$:

Look at this:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-374355.0.html
Damn tudor I am scare of you shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by JeSoul(f): 6:35pm On Dec 03, 2010
I hope and wish Bawo knew how much we his friends here loved him. There is a huge hole in my heart today and for me, especially with how much time I usually spend with him and A-40 in the sports section, NL will never be the same. I was thinking just yesterday to cast him as my favorite sports section poster not knowing the fate that had befallen him  cry  cry  cry  cry I will miss his wit and humor, I never saw him once throw or return an insult. What a brilliant guy, mature beyond his years. What a terrible loss for the world.

My heart breaks even more for the family left behind. It hurts so much for us but imagine his father, mother, sister, brother  cry  cry  I pray their hearts be comforted in this unimaginably difficult time.

Bawo my bawo  cry  cry  I will miss you more than you could ever imagine. Rest in peace the gentle soul that you are.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by violent(m): 6:36pm On Dec 03, 2010
. . . cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by nich(m): 6:37pm On Dec 03, 2010
so so so sad. R I P Olubusayo.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 03, 2010
igochopur$:

Look at this:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-374355.0.html

tUDOR stay the fck away from me O! you are bad luck lol!
seriously. . .don't say anything about me I fear you! embarassed shocked
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Outstrip(f): 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2010
Is it Bawolomo I hope it's not him. He seemed so gentle and sensible. This really breaks my heart. I hope it is not him.

May the soul of the departed rest in peace and may God give his family and loved ones the fortitude to bear this great loss
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by igochopurs(f): 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2010
So the die hard moderators are human after all?

Lesson! There is no king or queen on NairaLand- you are human, show respect for others, wish no evil to anyone, for death doesnt give you a warning before it strikes.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by armyofone(m): 6:43pm On Dec 03, 2010
it is time nigerians do as most white americans are doing. once a section 8 person moves in, sell your home and move out.

too much shooting and drama with them. reading abt Dolton, Chicago sigh scary.

i support the death penalty too. or send them to bootcamp, train them for 3months and send them to Iraq/Afghanistan
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by DapoBear(m): 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2010
I don't know why dumb african americans are always doing monkey sh1t like this. I hope the guys who did this are found and very painfully executed. This is why nobody sane wants to live around AAs. Always into dumb sh1t.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 03, 2010
igochopur$:

Lesson! There is no king or queen on NairaLand- you are human, show respect for others, wish no evil to anyone, for death doesnt give you a warning before it strikes.
Are kidding me what are you on about? Even celebrities die, rich people die, powerful individuals die. Everyone on nairaland have a different personality thats just it undecided
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Busybody2(f): 6:48pm On Dec 03, 2010
dayokanu:

Called his number 10 minutes ago, No response.

Bawomolo just pick or reply and tell us its a joke

It is him. Unfortunately. Tigerpaws recently fed me a link to a member of his family mourning him on FB cry cry cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by texazzpete(m): 6:50pm On Dec 03, 2010
igochopur$:

While you're at it, why not show compassion and empathy for the dead? This is no time for snarky comments.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by texazzpete(m): 6:51pm On Dec 03, 2010
Ah, crap. This is very sad news indeed. never met the dude, but he ranked high among the smart fellows on Nairaland who could always bring logic to an argument. What a tragedy cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by dayokanu(m): 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2010
DapoBear:

I don't know why dumb african americans are always doing monkey sh1t like this. I hope the guys who did this are found and very painfully executed. This is why nobody sane wants to live around AAs. Always into dumb sh1t.

Seriously, thats why most African immigrant would rather move to the white dominated suburbs, Its better to be called a monkey than to be shot by some teenagers who need $50 for dope. I remember in  2008, around 87th in SOuth Chicago some AA's busted me and a friend at a Gas station with guns, took the car  for "joyride" and abandoned it when it was out of gas.

igochopur$:

I am still struggling to understand your motives on this thread
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 03, 2010
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

This world is a sick one! A very sick one!  cry cry cry cry

Soo freaking smart, gentle, funny. He would sit there and listen to me ramble on about nothing on the phone. Wasnt judgmental, like my lil brother. Gawwd, this world is so cruel. cry cry

And what has his NL persona got to do with his reality life? Some ppl are so insensitive!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Man Kidnaps 16-Year-Old Facebook Girlfriend In Edo, Had Sex With Her For 4 Days / Last Video Ghanaian DC Queen Dropped Before She Was Murdered / How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.