Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos (42012 Views)

Kano: Customs Impounds 250 Bags Of Rice Concealed In Fuel Tanker / Photos: Customs Impounds Over 1,000 Bags Of Rice Hidden Inside Petrol Tanker / Customs Impounds 475 Rifles At Lagos Tin Can Port Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos by enemyofprogress: 8:08pm On Dec 30, 2019
They should leaf them alone jo, life is already fokn hard for the people jare
Re: Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos by Akachestores(m): 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
Nobody won smuggle rice and other food stuffs again, as money no dey this don become their priority. Very unfortunate instead on focusing on the bigger issue na this one matter to them, igbos it high time we take our stand before this people go lock us inside bottle.
Re: Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos by netflicks(m): 8:17pm On Dec 30, 2019
Akube helping people with origo's outfit since ages now they want to put a stop...hell no angry
Re: Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos by Sagay212: 8:20pm On Dec 30, 2019
symbianDON:
what proof?? go to customs zonal office in kaduna and see the load of seizures there. anyone traveling from lagos to the north via ilorin knows that between ilorin and dikko junction alone you MUST meet not less that 15 customs check points.....and they aren't there for the fun of it!

They are on the road to seize contrabands. Not going to any abo.ki's shop to break it and carry their products in their absence claiming it is contraband. Dem fit try am for north?
Re: Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos by enemyofprogress: 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2019
Sagay212:

They are on the road to seize contrabands. Not going to any abo.ki's shop to break it and carry their products in their absence claiming it is contraband. Dem fit try am for north?
no mind that guy
Re: Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos by Meritocracy: 8:23pm On Dec 30, 2019
This useless set of leaders ruin textile industries and now blocking alternative to poor people. How many Nigerian student or working class of useless minimum wage can afford new cloth in Nigeria
Re: Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos by Alwaysachick: 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2019
donbachi:
Is this one now our problem?

Nna eh
Re: Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos by hybridblood07(m): 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2019
It will get to a point where civilians will start attacking the security agencies with gun then our government will find a solution to the masses problems
Re: Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos by Savagethe21st(m): 8:27pm On Dec 30, 2019
poor people no fit get cheap clothes again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W90ebtj21t4 Hello guys i'm a producer in my teens from lagos NIGERIA chasing my dreams.It would be a huge blessing if someone checked out my beats and subscribe to channel. Comment what you think or corrections.Thanks and Godbless.
Re: Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos by victorian(f): 8:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
madjune:
This is why the latest trend for any young couple in Nigeria is to relocate abroad.

How does this govt want the middle class or the poor to survive when good, stable jobs are so hard to find?

This is so cruel.

I remember the days of Tejuosho market where you can find almost anything you want at very good price(s) till Tinubu destroyed it for reasons best known to him.

The middle and poor class are doing well, the last time I went to Yaba, to sew buy and sew curtains.
Igbo guys who are not weak to work, come and see them sewing sometimes 500,000 curtains a day! Igbo guys can work like machines! Chai!

Mehn these men can sew fast and well shocked
Any they have division of labour too. The ones who are perfect on fixing the recent design in curtains is fixing it with machines and hands. I was like wow!
So please don't even start, they are making money in that tejuosho market and it's neat and orderly with 24 hours light.

Also banning of okrika will give room for tailors to have more customers and work to do.

It's a good development..i concur to it.

In this government if you are not lazy and u have a skill which speaks well of you, you will live comfortably
Government do well on that aspect!

2 Likes

Re: Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos by sulaak(m): 8:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
funmike83:
Hmm,these pple are just blocking all the means of livelihood for the common man. Why are securites behaving like robots na. This is very very unfair

Majority of those clothes are smuggled goods. How can the country funds it's budget Nigerian refuse to pay tax and duties.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos by sulaak(m): 8:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
Meritocracy:
This useless set of leaders ruin textile industries and now blocking alternative to poor people. How many Nigerian student or working class of useless minimum wage can afford new cloth in Nigeria

The smugglers and criminal traders ruined the textile industry.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
Jabioro:
It is not comparing able.. thieves and hustler..The Manning custom power..where are they

dont disguise illegitimate activity under the name of hustle. what is bad is bad. is drug dealing too hustle? smuggling is illegal, those who engage in it know the risks!!!

3 Likes

Re: Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos by beejay85: 8:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
ikorodureporta:

Source: https://tvcnews.tv/border-drill-impounds-over-4800-bales-of-second-hand-wears-in-lagos/
These custom monkeys will never cease to amaze me...this items came in through via apapa....cleared by custom certified agents....
After collecting money at the port of entry .......u guys still come around to seize this items....I fear for naija oooo
Re: Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos by Collins4u1(m): 8:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
Intelligence my arse. If it was imported through the border, where were you guys then? Bastardised country.

1 Like

Re: Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos by sulaak(m): 8:34pm On Dec 30, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Another attack on Igbo businesses yet again

Are you saying Igbo's business is smuggling and criminal trading?

This is an opportunity for Igbo's business to move into textile manufacturing instead of importing and smuggling unhygienic clothes from the West.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos by sulaak(m): 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2019
beejay85:

These custom monkeys will never cease to amaze me...this items came in through via apapa....cleared by custom certified agents....
After collecting money at the port of entry .......u guys still come around to seize this items....I fear for naija oooo

Then the traders will have copies of their custom certificates on hand to release their goods.
Re: Customs Impounds Over 4800 Bales Of Second Hand Clothes In Yaba Market, Lagos by victorian(f): 8:39pm On Dec 30, 2019
Meritocracy:

Cheapest Ankara is 700 naira.

Road side tailors take peanuts to sew. So I heard.

But u can actually sew for yourself if u create time and go to a fashion school.

At most 3months, u will be able to sew perfectly well.

I sew all the outfits I wear. And it has saved me so much money.

Learn a sewing skill today and u will thank me later wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Youths Destroying Military Car During Riot In Jos (Photo) / Man Shoots Friend In Anambra Over N1,000 Debt / Photo Of The Cherubim & Seraphim Pastor Arrested With Human Skull & Charms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.