Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 (56528 Views)

What Was The Best Relationship Advice You Ever Got? / Miss Pickmesha's tips to get your man this 2020 / Women Please Say No To Joro Olumofin And His Relationship Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by SamOyovwi: 7:09pm On Jan 02, 2020
I like this post
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by SamOyovwi: 7:09pm On Jan 02, 2020
Nor go marry you hear. Dey find boyfriend
Jodha:
All I know is that this year.... Bye Bye to Yeye boyfriend... grin

1 Like

Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by MyPicsSaysItall: 7:10pm On Jan 02, 2020
philfearon:

1] Be friends with your spouse during the day and be lovers at night.

2] If you want to make love to your wife at night, start in the morning.

3] Things change — respect each other and be willing to change. Remain flexible and open to compromise.

4] Stay true — cheating never works — never surrender your integrity.

5] Listen more than you talk. Think more than you say.

6] Don’t keep score. You don’t win at marriage. Strive to stay even.

7] Intimacy and affection are not always sexual. A promise is as good as the act.

8] Women crave sex for intimacy and acceptance — Men crave sex for validation. If either isn’t getting what they need, they will seek it elsewhere.

9] Sometimes she just wants to be held. If she doesn’t she’ll let you know.

10] Let him know you are interested. Don’t think he should see you are interested and act accordingly. If you want it ask.

11] Pick up after yourself. Flip the laundry. Do the dishes. Cook a meal or two or three ect and change a diaper. Neither took a vow to be the maid — if you did — the 1800’s called and want their vow back.

12] Don’t pick a fight. Stop. Wait. Think. Then say what you mean and mean what you say after you stop being angry.

13] Don’t go in thinking he or she will change or you will change them. Change grows organically from within.

14] A divorce is like finding a woman you hate and buying her a house. If that joke isn’t funny — don’t buy a house.

15] Maintain your financial independence. Everyone who was ever married either died or were divorced — you’ll need your financial independence.

16] Sometimes she cries for no reason — sometimes he broods over non-sense. This too shall pass.

17] He or she might be your one, but eventually they will be the half or the quarter — strive to keep growing back together.

18] Watch her family and see how her father treats her mother — that’s her expectation. Watch his family — that’s his expectation. If you can’t imagine living in such an environment — you won’t — don’t hesitate to reset your expectations.

19] Roughly a third of people will suffer from a mental illness during their lifetime. Better than even chance one of you will become ill. Acceptance — Treatment, early and often.

20] Children change everything. She will unapologetically love her children more than she loves you. If you can’t handle that, wrap it in latex.

21] Most fights start over money and end in the bedroom — good or bad.

22] A three-some is never a good idea. It’s a desperate decision — a cancer with no cure. If you have an open relationship, good for you, but follow your rules. Mileage varies.

23] Space is more than what’s 20 miles straight up, or the inches between your ears. Maintain your space and allow him or her their’s.

24] Don’t threaten divorce — you either are or you aren’t. Threats breed fear — fear leads to distrust — It’s nearly impossible to earn someone’s trust, again.

25] If you are on the couch and your spouse is doing chores you are in the wrong place. Do things together.

26] If one of you is using drugs/alcohol and the other isn’t — there’s a problem. There is help available — use it.

27] You are married the person they are, but you’ll be in love with the person they were — reconcile those statements.

28] Once it’s over, it’s over. Move on quickly and quietly.

29] We can’t do anything about the ex parked outside your house — nor can we stop them from sleeping with someone new. Neither of you took a vow of celibacy. The contrary is true.

30] Don’t drunk text, call, write, or skype — Don’t drunk anything except sleep.

31] If you can’t control your emotions — leave — take a walk — pray. But whatever you do, don’t hit, slap, grab, pull, push, hug, knock, slam, choke, pinch, pin, head lock, arm bar, round kick, front kick or beat each other in anyway shape, form or fashion. If you must fight, use your words and remember anger equals ten feet. Never pick up a weapon in anger.

32] Spousal rape is real. No still means No — even if there’s a ring, a vow and several days/weeks/months/years of unrealized expectations.

May the Lord grant you the courage to change the things you must, the grace to accept the things you can’t, and the wisdom to know the difference.

QUORA
Valid points
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by xtun(m): 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2020
Heloct:
This is really beautiful.
Just not what I need right now.
baby what do you need?
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by themaestro08(m): 7:13pm On Jan 02, 2020
Edusouls:
All these write ups doesn’t work in real life complications, complexity, unseen and many uncontrollable factors play out every minute, every day life is way too complex to understand, making us powerless and only trying.

You are right. Sometimes life can be unpredictable and the only thing we can do is to flow with the tide.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 02, 2020
Heloct:

What do you need
Money
Food
Academic excellence
Jesus Christ
Sex
What do you need
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by forsto(m): 7:15pm On Jan 02, 2020
Marriage is an institution. Great job. I see that only for the wise.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by pansophist(m): 7:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
It should be tagged "advice for men, not everyone". Also, its geared towards western audience, and should have been refined to the Nigerian standards. For example, divorce hurt women in Nigeria, but punishes men in the west.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2020
sprints1:
Don't let anybody break your heart my advice
Smash a random girl
Better still do soapy with premier soap
Nope ladies are not just intimacy gadgets they are in fact crucial in the birth,growth,development and death of human race so treat them with respect and dignity
Masturbation yuck waste of valuable resources

2 Likes

Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
toprealman:
Nice effort OP.
But see eh, our fathers were never this obsessed with love, sex and acceptance. They were concerned with family, providing for their stock and it worked.
They lived happier, marriages lasted, family unit worked like magic......unlike now, despite all the sweet words.
Wow u are a real man I love you
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
Nice!
Love your motto my fellow Nigerian
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by themaestro08(m): 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2020
luminouz:

Ask him to send his account number and you will know

Just feel like to reply this comment, though I don't know what that moniker need, but I just want to remind you that its not all about money. Things like depression, anxiety, loneliness are serious issues bro. Its possible a single person may be experiencing all this.

1 Like

Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by luminouz(m): 7:25pm On Jan 02, 2020
themaestro08:

Just feel like to reply this comment, though I don't know what that moniker need, but I just want to remind you that its not all about money. Things like depression, anxiety, loneliness are serious issues bro. Its possible a single person may be experiencing all this.

Lol,I feel you...I was just teasing the guy. wink

1 Like

Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by luminouz(m): 7:25pm On Jan 02, 2020
Viciheaka:

Wow u are a real man I love you

Love gini?
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by Greenfit(m): 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2020
philfearon:

1] Be friends with your spouse during the day and be lovers at night.

2] If you want to make love to your wife at night, start in the morning.

3] Things change — respect each other and be willing to change. Remain flexible and open to compromise.

4] Stay true — cheating never works — never surrender your integrity.

5] Listen more than you talk. Think more than you say.

6] Don’t keep score. You don’t win at marriage. Strive to stay even.

7] Intimacy and affection are not always sexual. A promise is as good as the act.

8] Women crave sex for intimacy and acceptance — Men crave sex for validation. If either isn’t getting what they need, they will seek it elsewhere.

9] Sometimes she just wants to be held. If she doesn’t she’ll let you know.

10] Let him know you are interested. Don’t think he should see you are interested and act accordingly. If you want it ask.

11] Pick up after yourself. Flip the laundry. Do the dishes. Cook a meal or two or three ect and change a diaper. Neither took a vow to be the maid — if you did — the 1800’s called and want their vow back.

12] Don’t pick a fight. Stop. Wait. Think. Then say what you mean and mean what you say after you stop being angry.

13] Don’t go in thinking he or she will change or you will change them. Change grows organically from within.

14] A divorce is like finding a woman you hate and buying her a house. If that joke isn’t funny — don’t buy a house.

15] Maintain your financial independence. Everyone who was ever married either died or were divorced — you’ll need your financial independence.

16] Sometimes she cries for no reason — sometimes he broods over non-sense. This too shall pass.

17] He or she might be your one, but eventually they will be the half or the quarter — strive to keep growing back together.

18] Watch her family and see how her father treats her mother — that’s her expectation. Watch his family — that’s his expectation. If you can’t imagine living in such an environment — you won’t — don’t hesitate to reset your expectations.

19] Roughly a third of people will suffer from a mental illness during their lifetime. Better than even chance one of you will become ill. Acceptance — Treatment, early and often.

20] Children change everything. She will unapologetically love her children more than she loves you. If you can’t handle that, wrap it in latex.

21] Most fights start over money and end in the bedroom — good or bad.

22] A three-some is never a good idea. It’s a desperate decision — a cancer with no cure. If you have an open relationship, good for you, but follow your rules. Mileage varies.

23] Space is more than what’s 20 miles straight up, or the inches between your ears. Maintain your space and allow him or her their’s.

24] Don’t threaten divorce — you either are or you aren’t. Threats breed fear — fear leads to distrust — It’s nearly impossible to earn someone’s trust, again.

25] If you are on the couch and your spouse is doing chores you are in the wrong place. Do things together.

26] If one of you is using drugs/alcohol and the other isn’t — there’s a problem. There is help available — use it.

27] You are married the person they are, but you’ll be in love with the person they were — reconcile those statements.

28] Once it’s over, it’s over. Move on quickly and quietly.

29] We can’t do anything about the ex parked outside your house — nor can we stop them from sleeping with someone new. Neither of you took a vow of celibacy. The contrary is true.

30] Don’t drunk text, call, write, or skype — Don’t drunk anything except sleep.

31] If you can’t control your emotions — leave — take a walk — pray. But whatever you do, don’t hit, slap, grab, pull, push, hug, knock, slam, choke, pinch, pin, head lock, arm bar, round kick, front kick or beat each other in anyway shape, form or fashion. If you must fight, use your words and remember anger equals ten feet. Never pick up a weapon in anger.

32] Spousal rape is real. No still means No — even if there’s a ring, a vow and several days/weeks/months/years of unrealized expectations.

May the Lord grant you the courage to change the things you must, the grace to accept the things you can’t, and the wisdom to know the difference.

QUORA

This is really great.
The piece is well articulated n unbias.
The writers writes powerfully and I really like his usage of words.
Am so moved with this.
The info in the piece is really expensive. Pls save this piece for future reference.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by SyrusdeHansome(m): 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
Jodha:

Bye bye to smelly pu**y

1 Like

Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
luminouz:

Love gini?
*laughs I love you as a brother
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by Dulcinea(f): 7:29pm On Jan 02, 2020
Nice write up.... I've learnt one or two
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by samsam2019: 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2020
Good but is ot practical? Not all of it, but still good points regardless
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:

Bye bye to smelly pu**y
Thank you for being a responsible gentleman ,your generation awaits the likes of you,continue to add good to the society.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by abbatoir(m): 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ok oo
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by jolak5(m): 7:34pm On Jan 02, 2020
Heloct:

What do you need?
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by Viciyke00(m): 7:42pm On Jan 02, 2020
����

Correct rules
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by Tchange1(m): 7:48pm On Jan 02, 2020
My brothers hustle hard and pray.
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by Jodha(f): 7:49pm On Jan 02, 2020
godfrey01:

You wan tell me say there is no yeye girlfriend too...

Me Adon talk my own...talk yhur own...

I no hold yhur thumbs. .

1 Like

Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by Jodha(f): 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2020
bilulu:

Coming from a yeye girlfriend with only 3pieces of black bra including a torn one.... Hanty na joke o, happy new year

Dry joke...

Same to yhu..
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by bonnyhope: 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2020
Jodha:

You again
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by Jodha(f): 7:51pm On Jan 02, 2020
bonnyhope:

You again

What i do?
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by Bluehill1051: 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2020
My new relationship just crashed. I thought she'd be my wife. We had our new year resolution together aft one hot sex wey I no fit come. Stuff don end sha

1 Like

Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by bonnyhope: 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2020
freethesheeple:

slay queen spotted

She is a confirmed slay queen
Re: The Best Relationship Advice For Everyone This 2020 by bonnyhope: 7:57pm On Jan 02, 2020
Jodha:

What i do?

Always bashing guys

How upright are you??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Women Share The Foolish Things They 've Ever Done For Love / Virgin Nigerian Lady, Chinenye Chinen_Yeah, Brags About Her Virginity / My Girlfriend Called Me A Coward Because Of This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.