Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday (2971 Views)

My Single Female Neighbor Has Been Giving Me Food. What Could Be Her Intentions? / Her Mum Gives Me Food All The Time / Boyfriend Did Not Buy Me Food After I Spent Almost The Whole Day With Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by oboy81: 1:43am On Jan 02, 2020
So yesterday was new year day. it didn't feel like new year to me at all, just another day of the week.
I've been working somewhere around egbeda now for the past two to three months on part time basis.
I have made some "Friends" over time. We greet, smile, play as if everything is alright in The country, you know na normal Nigerian behaviour.
The closest neighbour to me - an elderly landlady - killed two goats and didn't send anything to us.
You know what's funny is that her children and daughter-in-law would carry food in fine china plates to this big homes and comfortable families. who needs food more, upcoming hungry hustlers or Rich people? lol i just kept wondering and meditating on that. What's the real motive for sharing food?
One man like that later sent rice in take away with a very small meat to one of us, for all of us. that was after my guy stylishly begged them.
Lol same thing happened on christmas day
Me i won't be wasting time bothering to greet anybody again sha.
Happy new Year to you Nairalanders and romancelanders. I hope you get all the good things you wish for.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by frozen70(f): 1:50am On Jan 02, 2020
Since you didn't get what you wanted or expected, next time go to their houses during festive season
Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by oboy81: 2:06am On Jan 02, 2020
frozen70:
Since you didn't get what you wanted or expected, next time go to their houses during festive season
I dont understand what you are saying?

1 Like

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by dawnomike(m): 2:46am On Jan 02, 2020
I really understand how it must have felt... I know it was not the lack of food that hurt your feelings but the way they earmarked some calibre of people to give. My brother, my prayer for you this year is that you will make so much money that you'll share food, meat and drinks to them come end of the year by God's grace!!!
Keep your genuine hustle alive!

NB: You'll do it not to spite them but to be a giver with no sentiments attached!!!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by oboy81: 3:09am On Jan 02, 2020
dawnomike:
I really understand how it must have felt... I know it was not the lack of food that hurt your feelings but the way they earmarked some calibre of people to give. My brother, my prayer for you this year is that you will make so much money that you'll share food, meat and drinks to them come end of the year by God's grace!!!
Keep to genuine hustle alive!

NB: You'll do it not to spite them but to guve a giver with no sentiments attached!!!
Thanks for the nice comment

1 Like

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by Nobody: 3:15am On Jan 02, 2020
Nigerians and entitlement mentality. undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by oboy81: 3:21am On Jan 02, 2020
J111333:
Nigerians and entitlement mentality. undecided
Lol

1 Like

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by khiaa(f): 3:58am On Jan 02, 2020
oboy81:
So yesterday was new year day. it didn't feel like new year to me at all, just another day of the week.
I've been working somewhere around egbeda now for the past two to three months on part time basis.
I have made some "Friends" over time. We greet, smile, play as if everything is alright in The country, you know na normal Nigerian behaviour.
The closest neighbour to me - an elderly landlady - killed two goats and didn't send anything to us.
You know what's funny is that her children and daughter-in-law would carry food in fine china plates to this big homes and comfortable families. who needs food more, upcoming hungry hustlers or Rich people? lol i just kept wondering and meditating on that. What's the real motive for sharing food?
One man like that later sent rice in take away with a very small meat to one of us, for all of us. that was after my guy stylishly begged them.
Happy new Year to you Nairalanders and romancelanders. I hope you get all the good things you wish for.

Just as much as I think their selfishness is wrong, your entitlement is just as wrong. People don't owe you anything, they give out of the kindness of the heart or for personal gains.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by anthonyuncle(m): 4:58am On Jan 02, 2020
I know u must've felt bad, due to da fact that they preferred to give those that (u think) already have and neglected u guys that have none.
but dz is da truth:
NO ONE OWES U ANYTHING!!!

if u truly understand the act of KINDNESS, then u would stop expecting things from people but instead, start looking for ways to give (even da little u thought u never had)

1 Like

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:05am On Jan 02, 2020
Very nice topic of concern.

That's why rich get richer and poor gets poorer.

It even happens with jobs too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by EDataguy: 5:12am On Jan 02, 2020
lol, op let me send you data to cheer you up.

E go better.

Nairalanders! Data guy's officially here to solve your data problems. Get data at cheapest price.

Op send your number or message me on my signature for free data, since they sideline you let me compensate you will small data

1 Like

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by zexy2030(m): 5:24am On Jan 02, 2020
oboy81:
Ask na
Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by nlPoster: 5:25am On Jan 02, 2020
Cook or buy snacks and give to others next time.

Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by Hotspotbro(m): 9:44am On Jan 02, 2020
khiaa:

Just as much as I think their selfishness is wrong, your entitlement is just as wrong. People don't owe you anything, they give out of the kindness of the heart or for personal gains.
Wetin concern him with their food? Na him born dem? sad

1 Like

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by Lamanii22(f): 9:59am On Jan 02, 2020
Heyiyah... How I wish you were in my area... I made very nice and fluffy pounded yam and efo riro with a very delicious fish... And that efo riro had lots of ponmo, roasted catfish, okporokpo init... You'd totally love it.... Shared with my neighbours and some bus drivers around...

1 Like

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 02, 2020
Less I forget,buda,you make lovely meals,I didn't get a Christmas food undecided
Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by oboy81: 5:15am On Jan 04, 2020
Lol funny and interesting comments. Some sense entitlement, but that's not the point, i did not feel entitled just thinking out loud

1 Like

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by oboy81: 1:26am On Jan 14, 2020
EDataguy:
lol, op let me send you data to cheer you up.

E go better.

Nairalanders! Data guy's officially here to solve your data problems. Get data at cheapest price.

Op send your number or message me on my signature for free data, since they sideline you let me compensate you will small data
I sent you a text
Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by EDataguy: 6:57am On Jan 14, 2020
oboy81:

I sent you a text
Sorry I didn't receive it, is it via whatsapp or SMS?

I won't be able to receive SMS or call cuz the number is customized for whatsapp only.

You can whatsapp me or give me your contact.

Thanks
Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:10am On Jan 14, 2020
khiaa:

But as Christians celebrating Christmas and New Year, does this still hold?
Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by fattprince(m): 10:26am On Jan 14, 2020
Well nothing I've entitlement there but I still feel the Op was wrong. I will only blame them if you had gone there not to beg oh but to greet and they didn't give you. Sometimes I find it hard to give people things when they don't ask me not because I'm stingy but because I don't want us to feel (both I and the receiver). A time like that I won bet I met only one guy there I know the guy on the street normally. After receiving my cash I wanted to give this guy 100# cos I only won like #5k come as see as I dey do. I was expecting him to ask but he didn't. Later I asked the cashier to give him see as he was thanking me. I was surprised myself. So ask if you need something

1 Like

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 14, 2020
fattprince:
Well nothing I've entitlement there but I still feel the Op was wrong. I will only blame them if you had gone there not to beg oh but to greet and they didn't give you. Sometimes I find it hard to give people things when they don't ask me not because I'm stingy but because I don't want us to feel (both I and the receiver). A time like that I won bet I met only one guy there I know the guy on the street normally. After receiving my cash I wanted to give this guy 100# cos I only won like #5k come as see as I dey do. I was expecting him to ask but he didn't. Later I asked the cashier to give him see as he was thanking me. I was surprised myself. So ask if you need something

Asking at times would make one get ridiculed some may even think u wanna scam dem sef
Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by khiaa(f): 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2020
Sapiosexuality:
But as Christians celebrating Christmas and New Year, does this still hold?

Christmas has absolutely nothing to do with God/Yah, read your bible, don't listen to your false prophets called pastors/priests. The Bible tells you how much it is against that paegan celebration called Christmas. The Catholics lied to you with their changing of the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by chigoizie7(m): 12:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
This sense of entitlement is killing us faster than we think.

For crying out loud. No one owe you anything.

It is their choice as to who to give. They have a good reason for giving whoever they chose to give.

Quit being entitled for favors from people, it is never your right.

No one owe you anything. The earlier you get that into your head, the earlier you start working hard to cater for your own needs instead of waiting for people to do you favors.

1 Like

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by Sapiosexuality(m): 2:15pm On Jan 14, 2020
khiaa:

Christmas has absolutely nothing to do with God/Yah, read your bible, don't listen to your false prophets called pastors/priests. The Bible tells you how much it is against that paegan celebration called Christmas. The Catholics lied to you with their changing of the scriptures.
Everything has pagan origin. The Scandinavian Gods are fully entrenched in our daily life.

From Moon Day to Sun Day and Janus there impact is everywhere but what is it that makes something wrong?

If today is the day is the day demons celebrate their feast and I also choose today as the day of celebration of my feast, how exactly am I celebrating demons?

What is it that makes a thing wrong? Isn't it the essence? Is anything wrong because of the origin or because of the essence?

What exactly do Christians do on Christmas and how does that thing justify your argument? Dates are pagan, the months are pagan and so are the years and the astronomy of the Eras.

So, to our main problem, how exactly will sharing with the poor, irrespective of the festival, be wrong if the goal is to help?

1 Like

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by Sapiosexuality(m): 2:19pm On Jan 14, 2020
chigoizie7:
This sense of entitlement is killing us faster than we think.

For crying out loud. No one owe you anything.

It is their choice as to who to give. They have a good reason for giving whoever they chose to give.

Quit being entitled for favors from people, it is never your right.

No one owe you anything. The earlier you get that into your head, the earlier you start working hard to cater for your own needs instead of waiting for people to do you favors.
I don't think it is a sense of entitlement. It behoves on the adherents of the Christian faith to share. It is not a choice but compulsory. And if you read the article well the dude is not really angry at their lack of giving but their choice of giving. Basically, his point is, why feed the well fed when the hungry are still around you? Can such jaundiced giving be from a contrite heart? Is such Christian? Finally, do they really know what they are doing? I don't think many people do.

1 Like

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by chigoizie7(m): 2:28pm On Jan 14, 2020
Sapiosexuality:
I don't think it is a sense of entitlement. It behoves on the adherents of the Christian faith to share. It is not a choice but compulsory. And if you read the article well the dude is not really angry at their lack of giving but their choice of giving. Basically, his point is, why feed the well fed when the hungry are still around you? Can such jaundiced giving be from a contrite heart? Is such Christian? Finally, do they really know what they are doing? I don't think many people do.

He is not angry , yet he threatened to stop greeting them.

My dear, giving is not compulsory.

Yes, why feed the well fed while there are ones who do not have anything to eat.

Most of them do it for favors.

Paying homage to the rich so as to get favors in return.

You do not know what they gain from those well fed they are giving to now.
Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by Sapiosexuality(m): 2:32pm On Jan 14, 2020
chigoizie7:

He is not angry , yet he threatened to stop greeting them.

My dear, giving is not compulsory.
For whom? For a Christian? It is not like he said it is but the nature of the giving is his problem. If we really want to give why to celebrate a life lived for the poor why give to the rich who probably also cooked their own meals? Many people do not know what they are doing. They are Christians but giving is not compulsory. They celebrate Christmas but the poor shouldn't expect gifts.
Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by khiaa(f): 2:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
Sapiosexuality:
Everything has pagan origin. The Scandinavian Gods are fully entrenched in our daily life.

From Moon Day to Sun Day and Janus there impact is everywhere but what is it that makes something wrong?

If today is the day is the day demons celebrate their feast and I also choose today as the day of celebration of my feast, how exactly am I celebrating demons?

What is it that makes a thing wrong? Isn't it the essence? Is anything wrong because of the origin or because of the essence?

What exactly do Christians do on Christmas and how does that thing justify your argument? Dates are pagan, the months are pagan and so are the years and the astronomy of the Eras.

So, to our main problem, how exactly will sharing with the poor, irrespective of the festival, be wrong if the goal is to help?

Nobody said sharing with the poor is wrong, it's based on the individual not the collective. The scriptures says to make the shabbath aka *Sabbath* holy not Sunday the *day of worship for pagans*.

According to the scriptures the pagans would go into the woods and chop down trees and adorn it with candles, silver and gold to celebrate their God. This was offensive to Yah. This is what Christians reckonise as Christmas.
Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by poik(m): 2:45pm On Jan 14, 2020
oboy81:

I wanted to talk about being entitled but from the tone of your writing, you agree that no one really owes you food.

Dont worry bro, this is how success begins. Nothing is hard, not to talk of too hard for God. believe in Him and keep up the hustle.
You will be the one sharing chow about.
Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by Moboj: 6:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
oboy81:
I get your point,it's actually not really "sense of entitlement" as some deem it but a sense of the "time of giving" which if you see the Muslims are doing more of that than the Christians during their festive seasons, before anybody quotes me,First I prefer giving than been given,and this last Christmas, a very close person to me told me about what happened during Easter at their School lodge,their neighbours killed Chicken and all,didn't share to them and they were living on the same flat,not even one of them did share,do you know what she did?
During last year Christmas she told me about doing an outreach to the Children in Makoko,she felt hurt that day not "entitled"
The Outreach was about Verbing was Christmas was all about to those kids,we came together to make it work, gathered funds,asked 5 people close to us to add 1k each,yes as little as 1k each,we added the rest from our own pocket,it wasn't easy pulling it off at all at all but guess what! It was a success! On Boxing day we touched over 150 people, gave them cooked foods and lovely gifts, with very lovely toys,played games,it was amazing and touching, we felt soo fulfilled, kept it off the net

1 Like

Re: Not One Human Soul Gave Me Food Yesterday by Moboj: 6:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
So Op instead of not greeting, take it upon yourself to touch one or two persons in anyway you can during any other festive season,the feeling is overwhelming

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Beats Up Man Mercilessly For Not Paying For Fvck [watch Video] / Mention Beautiful Spots I Can Take My Babe To In Lagos / Will U Let Your Wife Eat This Coconut Belonging To Your Landlord?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.