Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) (40539 Views)

Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) / Lagos Tourism Master Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) by Gifted04: 7:57pm On Jan 09, 2020
Iruobean:
cool
These guys are joker's, not with the crop of leaders we have now.
Re: Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) by JunctionBox: 8:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
Kelvin30286063:
Lie lie.... We once had a vision 2020... This is 2020 and Nigeria has been backward ever since.

When vision 2020 was proposed in 2003, Nigeria as at then was having 65% poverty. Fast forward to date when the vision should be seen materializing, instead of poverty reduction, the country rather turns into "POVERTY CAPITAL OF THE WORLD". What a joke of a country!!!
Re: Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) by sharone21(f): 2:58am On Jan 10, 2020
Nice...I hope each state and region will have its own master plan.

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
emddi:
Believe me,there is something greater than resource control;A sound mind.
Someone who has the "spiritual mind" can achieve these feat in five years.
Where will the person get money from? Do you know how much was spent on Dubai sha? It can be achieve but the people of cross river will start voting in people who have "spiritual mind" and it will take nothing less than 15 years
Re: Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 11, 2020
BabaOwen:
Where will the person get money from? Do you know how much was spent on Dubai sha? It can be achieve but the people of cross river will start voting in people who have "spiritual mind" and it will take nothing less than 15 years
the spiritual mind I'm talking about is that man that carries God.
the wisdom of God is not the wisdom of this world.
what no eyes av seen,or ear heard,or the mind thought,is the very thing God has prepared for those who love him.

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
-

1 Like

Re: Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) by tck2000(m): 2:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
BeachLife:
I get your point , but I advocate social democracy. The government has to intervene if not it will never happen . For example, the grid city planning and ID database are foundation to an organized society . Private entities will build skyscrapers ,TV stations, and a few other stuffs,but the government has to keep the ball rolling by having it's own stuffs .
The government should first Focus on the basics such as housing, employment ,education / skills acquisition(human capital ),hospitals and schools.
Build roads with drainage,sidewalks,markings ,traffic signs and street lights . And of course an an efficient taxing system.
The housing in the pics below can house at least 100,000 people . Build them and move people in there ,they can work for rent or some sort of deal .Demolish stuffs and compensate owners with either money or house, because most of Nigeria is disorganized due to freehold land ownership ,and the towns / cities are unplanned.
Re: Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
-

1 Like

Re: Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) by Gerrard59(m): 2:41pm On Jan 12, 2020
BeachLife:
I get your point , but I advocate social democracy. The government has to intervene if not it will never happen . For example, the grid city planning and ID database are foundation to an organized society . Private entities will build skyscrapers ,TV stations, and a few other stuffs,but the government has to keep the ball rolling by having it's own stuffs .
The government should first Focus on the basics such as housing, employment ,education / skills acquisition(human capital ),hospitals and schools.
Build roads with drainage,sidewalks,markings ,traffic signs and street lights . And of course , an efficient taxing system.
The housing in the pics below can house at least 100,000 people . Build them and move people in there ,they can work for rent or some sort of deal .Demolish stuffs and compensate owners with either money or house, because most of Nigeria is disorganized due to freehold land ownership ,and the towns / cities are unplanned. We must build an organized society and provide good quality of life for our people . .

Good initiatives no doubt but you are asking for way too much in a country like Nigeria. Is it the government that wasted 9 billion naira on the ecumenical centre that will set the ball rolling for proper urban planning? grin

Bros, na Nigeria we dey not Singapore.
Re: Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
-
Re: Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) by Gerrard59(m): 3:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
BeachLife:
It will all be a reality by 2040.
To those screaming oil will soon run out .I don't need a single drop of oil revenue to develop a place, if I'm in charge .I have my own secret method .

Now tell me ,Don't you think the name CALABAR /CALABARIANS should be adopted as the official name of the ethnicity since it's already popular and more marketable anyway? If not , give me your suggestion. We need an offcial name like Igbo,Yoruba Hausa,Ijasw ,etc. people only call them akwacross ,Calabar,Efik/ ibibio, though I think the name CALABAR/CALABARIAN is more marketable and should be adopted as the official name of the land and people. .

There was once Vision 2020. Please don't make me laugh.
Re: Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 13, 2020
-

1 Like

Re: Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) by emae009(m): 11:28pm On Jan 13, 2020
BeachLife:
Your comment and a few others were irritating ,but I would forgive and kindly advise you do some soul searching and retract your comment and myopic reasoning.
I'm sure your town does not produce a drop of oil. I've observed those whose towns produce the oil are even more in support of this progressive method ,moreover ,oil revenue is not needed to develop a place. There are numerous valuable resources in Calabar apart from oil. I conceived this vision in my mind ,plus a few other measures currently being undertaken to foster Unity and progress. All accomplishments begin with a single mind . This has nothing to do with the government or the colonial and military creations Akwa ibom,Cross river,South south or Biafra. I believe all ethnic nations in Nigeria and Africa should be autonomous and have control of their resources ,economy ,and development. With that,it won't matter where the president is from.I don't mind if the entire west Africa is one country with all the autonomous ethnic nations as states .

The ethnicity or ethnic nation (Efik,Oron,Ibibio,Annang,Ekid) has no official name ,people call it Calabar,Akwacross,or Efik/ibibio. I think the name CALABAR/CALABARIANS is more marketable and should be adopted as the official name of land and people and that's what I call it now and hope to propagate this method . I often add the term "Akwacross " in my writings to help people comprehend for now .
I have sponsored 4 professional linguist to come up with an official Calabarian language which will be mostly based on Ibibio , Efik and some words from Oron and Annang which will be satisfactory to all the communities . After that ,I'll meet ,present and discuss this with the traditional and political leaders ,and a worldwide press conference will be called to establish this as official. We need to unite and forge a common front to greatness.
We must discard ignorant ,myopic,divisive and backward reasoning .
Calabar (Akwacross) currently generates $16 Billion dollars per year but ends up receiving $50 million dollars per month or $500 million dollars per year because the money is confiscated by Nigeria and distributed to all the states. If you think that's fair then I question your sanity. All progressive nations on earth practice True federalism (Autonomy for all states or ethnic nations). The only way we can achieve greatness this is through Unity and forging a common front ,not through division and myopia.

Calabar/Calabarian is more marketable? marketable to who??.. who says Akwa Ibom can't be marketable?? Do you know what we as a people have done and passed through for people to start recognizing us as ourselves. Gone are those days when you tell people I'm from Akwa Ibom and they think Calabar. Why can't there be Cross River and Akwa Ibom. each existing in their own right like we have in the UAE. I never heard of Abu Dhabi fighting to convert Dubai to theirselves. Each region was allowed to develop at their own pace. We don't want AkwaCross or your master plan. We're Akwa Ibomites. You're Cross Riverian and our brother. Let's not invade each other's autonomy
Re: Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) by Nobody: 2:06am On Jan 14, 2020
-

1 Like

Re: Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) by emae009(m): 6:52am On Jan 14, 2020
BeachLife:
UAE is a homogeneous country belonging to only one ethnicity. It has a large landmass that's why there's different cities .Dubai metropolis is the same size or larger than the entire Akwa ibom. Los Angeles Metro is about 3 times larger than Akwa ibom. Singapore is a city state nation the size of Uyo . Rwanda is a homogeneous nation just a little larger than Akwa ibom. Scottish,Lithuanian,Irish,Swedes,etc are Ethnic European nations just like Calabarians,Igbolanders,Yorubalanders,Zulu,Tswana land (Botswana) ,Ashanti,etc are African ethnic nation who were enslaved, colonized and forcefully merged . Nigeria is a fictitious country put together by colonial powers . I do not advocate secession, but I think all ethnic nations should be autonomous and have autonomy and control of their resources ,economy and development. They can pay about 5 percent tax to the federal government. All progressive and developed nations practice true federalism(autonomy for all states or ethnic nations).Oil will be irrelevant soon ,but there are other numerous valuable resources across the entire Calabar. Even so ,oil revenue is not needed to build an organized society.
I don't care about artificial states like akwa ibom cross river, Annang Itai state or Oron and Eket Atlantic state or Mangrove state . Efik,Oron,Ibibio,Annag ,Ekid are one and the name of land and people will be Calabar /Calabrians or whatver is later decided ,but for now Calabar because that's already popular and more marketable.
I was only being kind to you by replying . This God's plan which will be a reality by 2040 . Just pray you live to see then. I'll really appreciate if you do not comment ,just pass if our reasoning don't align. It will be beneficial to you if you refrain from being an agent of sabotage . If this method isn't implemented , the results will always be there for everyone to see.

You're advocating for all ethnic nation to be autonomous yet you want to merge Calabar with Akwa Ibom... don't know which is funnier, you contradicting yourself or the ending paragraph of your write up. Akwa Ibom will rise to greatness as a people... you don't need your master plan or whatever contraception you have there. we have an international airport, foreign investors are coming in, industries are coming up... we'll soon have our deep seaport by God's grace and mercy... We gain nothing from your plan. Calabar you want us to be referred as which is very insulting are the one to gain if they align with us. Akwa Ibom is an "ethnicity" ... eventhough we have different ethniv groups we've binded together to achieve a common goal...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Seaside Picnic In Roslagen, Sweden (photos, Video) / What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? / Easiest Way Of Getting Permanent Residence In Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.