Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,599 members, 7,770,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:44 AM

What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? (40391 Views)

Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. / Ten Differences Between Ghana And Nigeria / Nigeria Should Follow Ghana's And Brazil's Path. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by genelle(f): 7:06pm On Jul 05, 2006
I have always been thinking why Nigerians persay have a problem whenever Ghana is mentioned in any topic, or even conversations. nigerian's seem to have this thing they probably hate about ghana. im saying this cos i've really taken the initiative to make some research on it by verbally asking nigerians why they always seem to have some kind of problem whenever Ghana is mentiond in any topic or conversations and they all gave me the same answers " oh we love ghanaians" ya right. i know peeps might be thinking im saying this cos they prolly think i'm a Ghanaian but no i'm not, its just something i've noticed about Nigerians. especially wen this FIFA world cup begun almost all the african countries where ruling for Ghanaians u know, to make mother africa proud but i came to the forum only to read how they wanted ghana to loose badly. i want peeps to tell me what they think. and please answer it genuinely. [color=#000099][/color]
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by mochafella(m): 7:18pm On Jul 05, 2006
It would be nice if you do not classify all Nigerians as a homogenous group, I'm Nigerian and I certainly do not "hate" Ghana. I'm pretty sure you saw this thread on the sports board supporting Ghana's exploits at the WC.

Is it possible its your imagination at work?

1 Like

Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Eastcoast(f): 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2006
@genelle, i think you are the one getting it all twisted. Ghanaians are the ones that have something against nigerians. You know the "GHANA must go" thing. Every time i tell a ghanaian that i;m nigerian, they make faces at me and stuff like that.

1 Like

Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by hotangel2(f): 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2006
What are these "researches" u made? And how many people did u pick for ur researches? And wat where their reasons for hating GHANA?
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Badman888(m): 9:46pm On Jul 05, 2006
they always think Ghana is better than Nigeria and say we have 419 and we are corrupt, so i guess thats why people hate GHANA being mentioned, but hey its not all nigerians
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by diddy4(m): 11:00pm On Jul 05, 2006
i havent noticed it. i got ghanian friends and we cool.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by rikkyjen(m): 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2006
There is animosity , i can testify to that . Y'all should go www.ghanaweb.com .Go to their soccer forum and see them blasting nigerians!! lipsrsealed
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Rhodalyn(f): 8:36pm On Jul 08, 2006
this is interesting.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Badman888(m): 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2006
why are they blasting our soccer, becos they went to 2nd round 4 1st time
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Rhodalyn(f): 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2006
and uR Point IS?? undecided undecided
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Badman888(m): 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2006
because we didnt make it to the world cup they feel they are better than us, my Ghanaian friends say it too
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Rhodalyn(f): 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2006
and who told U thats what we all feel i Certainly do not feel that way!!! So dont judge US all based Of the perception Of Ur friends alright??!!!
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Badman888(m): 8:46pm On Jul 08, 2006
I didnt call ur name, MOST OF THEM
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Rhodalyn(f): 8:47pm On Jul 08, 2006
well, have U by any Chance interviewed those ''MOST OF THEM?? to know thats what they really think??!!!!
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Eastcoast(f): 10:59pm On Jul 08, 2006
i can tell you that is what most of them feel. Almost all the ghanaians i have seen, have somethiing against nigerians.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by lilnaomi(f): 1:30am On Jul 09, 2006
yup yup, theres definitely som friction btwn nigerians and ghanians. there has 2 b, we av too much in common even thoe we aint next door neighbours. but even wiv that, i dont knw bout other ppl but am cool wiv ghanians. they r my favourite african ppl besides nigerians obviously. they abuse nigerians as being untrustworthy bcus of d scams n all that and i tell them their own problem is they r too burnt. but its all 4 fun. i love ghanian peeps but i dnt knw bout d rest of u'z!!
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:33am On Jul 09, 2006
well, right!! i actually do get Ur point now guyz, my mom dislikes nigerians as well lipsrsealed She Sayz nigeria is One Country She'll never ever Visit no matter what embarassed

well, and i must Confess embarassed i Used to be Scared Of U guyz maself embarassed Cuz i heard all these bad Stuffs embarassed
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by rikkyjen(m): 1:35am On Jul 09, 2006
Ghanian forums are all about 419 stuffs on us. Imagine the fools also think we eat ourselves shocked shocked.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:46am On Jul 09, 2006
U Call US fools, thats funny grin grin grin
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Saiesta(f): 5:51pm On Jul 09, 2006
Well I think most Ghanaians don't like Nigerians is because they hear so much bad things about Nigerians.
They hear that they steal and making fake cheques,do a lot of crime and whatever  undecided , I don't think ya'll need to blame the Ghanaians. I think ya'll need to blame the ones that tells all this kind of Bull Sh*t to them. But I'm cool with Nigerians and Ghanaians. We don't need to hate each other. We're one love man.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Eastcoast(f): 7:58pm On Jul 09, 2006
Their hatred originated after "GHANA MUST GO"
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Eurphoria(f): 2:06am On Jul 10, 2006
To the poster

Sorry love but you are so wrong, like HotAngel said how many people did you cover in your research?

This is news to me, as far as i know and from my surroundings, there is no beef where Nigerians and Ghanians are concerned. I personally was rooting for ghana during the world cup, and i don't need to prove to anyone how much i love the small number of people i have met from Ghana, i say small because, i will not generalize and say they are all lovely or the sun shines out of their a$$, because we all have good and bad in all of us , i take each as they come.

I have not seen such generalization as you stated among my friends or family towards Ghanians, so i am really baffled as to where this is coming from.

God Bless Ghana ! Godbless Naija!  wink grin

P.s
some of you here need to check some of your posts, they are ignorant, ill-informed and unhealthy. Let those who want to insult the general population of Naija do so(they just make themselves look dumb and uneducated) and those who are insulting the general population of Ghana same goes for them, like i said there is good and bad in both nations and you can see it manifest its self in some posts here and everywhere else.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by superman(m): 4:19am On Jul 10, 2006
na wahoo never trust a ghana! if u aint seein dat ghana must go language u aint seeing nothing! i see typical Ghana attitude here! oh we dnt hate nigerians oh we are friends this dat hmm! but watch when the same person open his or her mouth and yap takin u nigeria as a fool then u shuld be able to count the teeth in ur mouth! conning ha!

wonder if u can picture dat from Rhodalyn ! very clever human being!

anyway no time for ghana must go attitude! keep researchin love! ahah
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:28am On Jul 10, 2006
I did not cheer for Ghana, Ghana Must Go!
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Oracle(m): 5:41am On Jul 10, 2006
i believe the pple you asked must have given you some answers
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by YinkaGal(f): 9:44am On Jul 10, 2006
Yes, sometimes I do feel the tension.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by iice(f): 10:47am On Jul 10, 2006
[/color]
YinkaGal:

nah really we should unite i mean its Africa same region , were black, we should help each other return Africa to the paradise it once used to be stop this black vs black stuff

[color=#006600]I agree, i mean friendly healthy competition is good but not when it turns in2 something else
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by superman(m): 11:40am On Jul 10, 2006
wat competition! never trust aGhanaian they are very jealous god knows! i know a lot about them! well i will said it laterun! the ball will always be on ur count! yes hey keep researchin
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by iice(f): 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2006
Hmmm well since u say u know them well, guess u know it best then. Well i dont have that much contact with them, i've met only 1 ghanian chick where i am, she dey kolo but she's cool, i mean we ddnt even know she was from ghana, we just assumed she was naija
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by kay4suree(m): 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2006
My sister me sef tired o!!!I know 4 sure if we want to access the spirit of patriotism in Nigeria,I believe that one of the yardstick to measure it is to check the way Nigerians take personnal the hatred for their rival country citizens.Ghana is of no doubt Nigeria rival in so many ways that even i cannot listed them all.I dont like them, for sure, i dont and there is nothing i can do about it.
Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by carmelily: 2:27pm On Jul 10, 2006
Rhodalyn:

well, right!! i actually do get your point now guys, my mom dislikes nigerians as well lipsrsealed She Sayz nigeria is One Country She'll never ever Visit no matter what

carmelily says:

2 bad 4 your mom because 1 in every 4 africans worldwide is a nigerian so we always in her face. besides, quote me anywhere, nigeria is one of the most hospitable countries in the world- rich culture, friendly people.

i LOVE ghanaians and i have loads of ghanaian friends and i do believe they love nigeria(ns) too. maybe genelle needs to make her research more scientific?

i think what we have here is healthy sibling rivalry between BIG BROTHER NIGERIA and cute BABY SIS GHANA.

long live the green, white,green AND the black stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? by Idekeson(m): 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2006
@Genelle
I couldn't resist but lay credence to this uninformed research of yours.  A little bit of basic sampling of all the "little" African countries, including Ghana will expose you to the level of misplaced hatred and envy they harbor towards Nigeria.  Their reason, I don't know and could care less.  I guess it is natural for little David to hate on Goliath.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Visa Denied / Disabled, Blessing Mary Ocheido: Asky Airlines Destroyed My Motorised Wheelchair / Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.