Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth (26505 Views)

Dangote Plans London Trading Firm For Lagos Refinery / Dangote Plans Fuel Exports To Europe, Others / Abdulrahman Fasasi: Aliko Dangote's Adopted Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by TRUSTEDGUY: 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
Nickisindigo:
one day me too go reach Jeff bezos level

For dream
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Nickisindigo(m): 3:30pm On Jan 09, 2020
TRUSTEDGUY:

For dream
No for real
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by kiyosaki1(m): 3:30pm On Jan 09, 2020
A knock on our current economy policy. I wonder when other billionaires around the world will start opening Lagos office .

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Jacktheripper: 3:31pm On Jan 09, 2020
Nickisindigo:
one day me too go reach Jeff bezos level

grin grin grin
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Adabar: 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
That shield on his desk says it all : Nothing is impossible. I will put this in mind as I go through 2020 and beyond.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
As burnaboy once said Dangote Dangote still dey find money eh who I be...

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by BanevsJoker(m): 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
Biko, when are you recruiting for that one? This Sai Baba don tire person.
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by tityboi: 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
He’s doing it for himself not for nigeria

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
livebyday:
Lol

No matter how much you make in Nigeria you just can't result unstable government and poor economy with your investments

FDI is very important
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Jaqenhghar: 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
wwwihy:
My man

Did Dangote pay tithes and offerings at the beginning of 2020 because he has added $1.02 billion to his wealth within one week of 2020 to increase his wealth to $15.8 billion
Maybe he did. Secretly wink
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
kiyosaki1:
A knock on our current economy policy. I wonder when other billionaires around the world will start opening Lagos office .

Comedian
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by wink2015(m): 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
Aliko Dangote, Africa’s richest man, plans to take office space in New York to help diversify his investments and avoid the risk of currency fluctuations on his home continent.

The owner of the biggest cement company in sub-Saharan Africa will use the base and an existing one in London to become more global after the completion of a $12 billion, 650,000 barrel-a-day refinery currently under construction in Nigeria.

“In Africa, you know we have issues of devaluation, so we want to really preserve some of the family’s wealth,” Dangote told Bloomberg TV’s David Rubenstein Show.

The 62-year-old Nigerian businessman became $4.3 billion richer in 2019 as his fortune continued to grow on the back of investments in cement, flour and sugar. With a net worth of about $15 billion, he is ranked the 95th wealthiest man in the world, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

His conglomerate, Dangote Industries, includes the Lagos-listed Dangote Cement Plc and four other publicly traded companies under the Dangote umbrella that account for more than a fifth of the value of the Nigerian stock exchange.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-01-09/africa-s-richest-man-plans-u-s-office-to-help-diversify-wealth

He should first of all consolidate well in Nigeria.

But Dangote should also come and establish Administrative offices+ factories in the Niger delta region.

It is disturbing to state here that Dangote has no office in Delta state or Rivers state.

The cement trucks are a nuisances in most of the streets.

They do not have a garage of their own where they can reach their customers.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by livebyday(m): 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
Fvckmoderators:

FDI is very important

Very true
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Ajenikoko89: 3:36pm On Jan 09, 2020
References:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-01-09/africa-s-richest-man-plans-u-s-office-to-help-diversify-wealth
Its a smart move devaluation is affecting many businesses but on a lighter note Oga Dangote fe japa..

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by blowjohn(m): 3:36pm On Jan 09, 2020
Nthrone:
The more money we make, the more money we want to make. No one is ever satisfied, human nature.

Bitter Sweet Symphony
The Verve
Cause it's a bittersweet symphony this life
Trying to make ends meet, you're a slave to the money then you die.
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down
You know the one that takes you to the places where all the veins meet, yeah.
No change, I can't change, I can't change, I can't change,
but I'm here in my mold, I am here in my mold.
But I'm a million different people from one day to the next
I can't change my mold, no, no, no, no, no, no, no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lyu1KKwC74

3 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by RPirez: 3:37pm On Jan 09, 2020
There's no way he'll make money, trust me.

In a transparent system like the U.S, there's no mago-mago, no where to hide... no monopoly et al...

Let's see his Net Income after taxes... grin
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by DexterousOne(m): 3:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
kiyosaki1:
Dangote is doing it to protect his family business, which is a negative for the nigeria economy and someone is saying good move .

When he loses what he worked hard for because of the foolish govt
Who will compensate him?

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by RICHOLAC(m): 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
Diversification is just the way to remain unto; in the other hand, i wonder if Dangote would even be able to identify wolves in his managerial list.
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by rusher14: 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
Mouthgag:

DangoMONOPOLY

Who stopped you from having your own refinery?
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by olasaad(f): 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
wwwihy:
My man

Did Dangote pay tithes and offerings at the beginning of 2020 because he has added $1.02 billion to his wealth within one week of 2020 to increase his wealth to $15.8 billion

Yes he paid (Zakat) but in Islam it is pay yearly. And it's compulsory
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by klas(m): 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
soberdrunk:
$4.9 billion dollars in 2019, even if he paid a 1% tax(which is impossible) that is $49million dollars =#17.64 BILLION naira from only one man, Oga Tunde Fowler has questions to answer........... angry angry

Wealth is not profit. Tax is payable on profit not value.

The wealth attributed to him is from valuations of his companies. It doesn’t mean that the companies made $4.9 billon profit in 2019.
You read there that the turnover (not profit) of his biggest company was $2.5 billion in 2019. The profit thereon must be significantly less than that after deducting costs.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Coldie(m): 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
soberdrunk:
$4.9 billion dollars in 2019, even if he paid a 1% tax(which is impossible) that is $49million dollars =#17.64 BILLION naira from only one man, Oga Tunde Fowler has questions to answer........... angry angry
U merit ur name sober drunk
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Pedrotina11: 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
Enemyofpeace:
He should employ me for me to oversee the US branch of his company

Wake up..which kind sleep u dey sleep self??
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by nelsonoba: 3:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
wwwihy:
My man

Did Dangote pay tithes and offering at the beginning of 2020 because he has added $1.02 billion to his wealth within one week of 2020 to increase his wealth to $15.8 billion

Why must you bring in tithe into every money matter? Did you see any place in the bible when it was talking about tithe that if you pay tithe you will become rich?

I pay tithe to honour God and I work hard for God to bless my work and give me protection from some of the evils i cannot protect myself from in Life.

In no place did the bible ever mention that you cannot be rich if you don't pay tithe. Armed robbers can become rich without tithe, Yahoo boys can become rich without paying tithe, Money ritual people can become rich without paying tithe. The devil can give riches to any man who serves him like he gives to Ogboni and Illuminati people, so stop trying to be unreasonable by implying that the bible said people cannot be rich without paying tithe. Go and read Matthew 23:23 and you will see where Jesus said you ought to pay tithe and also keep the weightier matters of the law like Faith, mercy and justice.

Anybody that follows the principles of wealth creation will become rich whether they pay tithe or not. Paying of tithe is just to show you honour God and it makes you entitled to protection of your finances by God if you truly serve him and keep his word.

Jesus said give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and give to God what belongs to God, but many people like you will give Caesar his own cut (in form of government tax) and refuse to give to God in form of tithe.....and then you come and be twisting scriptures upside down

3 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Pedrotina11: 3:44pm On Jan 09, 2020
RPirez:
There's no way he'll make money, trust me.

In a transparent system like the U.S, there's no mago-mago, no where to hide... no monopoly et al...

Let's see his Net Income after taxes... grin

U r a fool...is it not the same U.S Bill gate made is money? Jeff made is money Transparency kill u there....ur brain is transparent... Dangote is a business man he has nothing to hide..
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by careytommy37(m): 3:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
royalads:
The part that caught my attention is ' Dangote told Bloomberg'. Best believe that mere men don't tell Bloomberg something o. My brothers and sisters, hustle you. So that you can have something to tell Bloomberg.

Creating wealth is not about the cars and gold chains and whatnot. It's about the generational wealth and legacy you leave behind when you are long gone.

Good move Dangote. That's the reason I have most of my income in foreign-dorminated accounts.

Bloomberg the media House, not the billionaire
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by soberdrunk(m): 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2020
klas:

Wealth is not profit. Tax is payable on profit not value.

The wealth attributed to him is from valuations of his companies. It doesn’t mean that the companies made $4.9 billon profit in 2019.
You read there that the turnover (not profit) of his biggest company was $2.5 billion in 2019. The profit thereon must be significantly less than that after deducting costs.

Thank you! I know hence the "1%" benchmark, The fact still remains Uncle Tunde has questions to answer angry
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by RPirez: 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
Pedrotina11:

U r a fool...is it not the same U.S Bill gate made is money? Jeff made is money Transparency kill u there....ur brain is transparent... Dangote is a business man he has nothing to hide..

I was gonna give an objective response till I fully read ur comment. It's not worth it, it's rocket science to pple like you. Thanks, I'll pass. grin
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Pedrotina11: 3:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=RPirez post=85647546]

I was gonna give an objective response till I fully read ur comment. It's not worth it, it's rocket science to pple like you. Thanks, I'll pass. grin[/quot

Abeg shift...
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Enemyofpeace: 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
Pedrotina11:

Wake up..which kind sleep u dey sleep self??
I go wound you o tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by wwwihy: 3:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
careytommy37:

Bloomberg the media House, not the billionaire
Bloomberg, the billionaire, owns the Media House called Bloomberg

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? / How To Make Money From Road Transport Business. A Guide / “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.