Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth (26466 Views)

Dangote Plans London Trading Firm For Lagos Refinery / Dangote Plans Fuel Exports To Europe, Others / Abdulrahman Fasasi: Aliko Dangote's Adopted Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by References: 12:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
Aliko Dangote, Africa’s richest man, plans to take office space in New York to help diversify his investments and avoid the risk of currency fluctuations on his home continent.

The owner of the biggest cement company in sub-Saharan Africa will use the base and an existing one in London to become more global after the completion of a $12 billion, 650,000 barrel-a-day refinery currently under construction in Nigeria.

“In Africa, you know we have issues of devaluation, so we want to really preserve some of the family’s wealth,” Dangote told Bloomberg TV’s David Rubenstein Show.

The 62-year-old Nigerian businessman became $4.3 billion richer in 2019 as his fortune continued to grow on the back of investments in cement, flour and sugar. With a net worth of about $15 billion, he is ranked the 95th wealthiest man in the world, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

His conglomerate, Dangote Industries, includes the Lagos-listed Dangote Cement Plc and four other publicly traded companies under the Dangote umbrella that account for more than a fifth of the value of the Nigerian stock exchange.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-01-09/africa-s-richest-man-plans-u-s-office-to-help-diversify-wealth

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by ignitewatch(m): 12:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
Good move

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Nthrone(m): 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
The more money we make, the more money we want to make. No one is ever satisfied, human nature.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Sirmuel1(m): 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
See money!!! But wetin concern me sef embarassed

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by wwwihy: 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
My man

Did Dangote pay tithes and offerings at the beginning of 2020 because he has added $1.02 billion to his wealth within one week of 2020 to increase his wealth to $15.8 billion

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by livebyday(m): 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
Lol

No matter how much you make in Nigeria you just can't trust an unstable government and a poor economy with your investments

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by soberdrunk(m): 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
$4.9 billion dollars in 2019, even if he paid a 1% tax(which is impossible) that is $49million dollars =#17.64 BILLION naira from only one man, Oga Tunde Fowler has questions to answer........... angry angry

12 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by one1prax(m): 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
Our very own Dangote doing things

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Slawormir: 3:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
Nthrone:
The more money we make, the more money we want to make. No one is ever satisfied, human nature.

Damnnnnn niggarrr

My nigggar
The matter tire me o

3 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Vickydam068: 3:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
Olowo aiye!
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Mouthgag: 3:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
Aliko Dangote, Africa’s richest man, plans to take office space in New York to help diversify his investments and avoid the risk of currency fluctuations on his home continent.

The owner of the biggest cement company in sub-Saharan Africa will use the base and an existing one in London to become more global after the completion of a $12 billion, 650,000 barrel-a-day refinery currently under construction in Nigeria.

“In Africa, you know we have issues of devaluation, so we want to really preserve some of the family’s wealth,” Dangote told Bloomberg TV’s David Rubenstein Show.

The 62-year-old Nigerian businessman became $4.3 billion richer in 2019 as his fortune continued to grow on the back of investments in cement, flour and sugar. With a net worth of about $15 billion, he is ranked the 95th wealthiest man in the world, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

His conglomerate, Dangote Industries, includes the Lagos-listed Dangote Cement Plc and four other publicly traded companies under the Dangote umbrella that account for more than a fifth of the value of the Nigerian stock exchange.
DangoMONOPOLY

4 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by AdonaiAluminium: 3:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
At his level such an office is necessary

Contact us now for all your roofing jobs, roof maintenance and repair, insulated roofing sheet's etc

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 09, 2020
Relationship with bill gate is paying off

3 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by senani(m): 3:23pm On Jan 09, 2020
Nice strategy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by olerry(m): 3:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
The rich will continue to be rich.
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Revolva(m): 3:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
Big ups dangote going places
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
Na wa o, so Dangote still dey find money.

7 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by ukelament(m): 3:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
Not putting your eggs in one basket.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by PointZerom: 3:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
You no open am for South East?

4 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by kiyosaki1(m): 3:25pm On Jan 09, 2020
ignitewatch:
Good move

Meaning what ?
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Enemyofpeace: 3:25pm On Jan 09, 2020
He should employ me for me to oversee the US branch of his company
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Enemyofpeace: 3:25pm On Jan 09, 2020
kiyosaki1:

Meaning what ?
meaning he is leaving Nigeria to continue life in America

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by sureheaven(m): 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2020
This man is busy building wealth all over the world while some lost being and their wretched parents are busy blaming buhari for their being poor on daily basis. shocked

Keep it up Mr Dangote, I refuse to be poor

10 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by royalads: 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2020
The part that caught my attention is ' Dangote told Bloomberg'. Best believe that mere men don't tell Bloomberg something o. My brothers and sisters, hustle you. So that you can have something to tell Bloomberg.

Creating wealth is not about the cars and gold chains and whatnot. It's about the generational wealth and legacy you leave behind when you are long gone.

Good move Dangote. That's the reason I have most of my income in foreign-dorminated accounts.

7 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by kiyosaki1(m): 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
Dangote is doing it to protect his family business, which is a negative for the nigeria economy and someone is saying good move .

11 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Roon9(m): 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
Nawa ooooo! Someone's 5th generation is covered gan

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Nickisindigo(m): 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
one day me too go reach Jeff bezos level

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Opayguyy(m): 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
Nice development!!
See my signature
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by TRUSTEDGUY: 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
Excellent strategy

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by kiyosaki1(m): 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
Enemyofpeace:
meaning he is leaving Nigeria to continue life in America

Even dangote do not believe in change.

4 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by TechSpace02: 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 / Ongoing Remodeling Of A-Line In Ariaria International Market, Aba (Photos) / How To Make Money From Road Transport Business. A Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.