Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,120 members, 7,821,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth (26503 Views)

Dangote Plans London Trading Firm For Lagos Refinery / Dangote Plans Fuel Exports To Europe, Others / Abdulrahman Fasasi: Aliko Dangote's Adopted Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by leye4u: 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
wwwihy:
My man

Did Dangote pay tithes and offerings at the beginning of 2020 because he has added $1.02 billion to his wealth within one week of 2020 to increase his wealth to $15.8 billion
Dangote no be Christian nah,how him go pay tithe...
You sha no wan pay tithe...stingy man
Truth be say if you be person wey wan follow God ...you must drop ,painful droppings ooo.Abramhan offered isaac,hannah offered Samuel etc..David said I would not give unto God that which cost me nothing...if na the same God wey dey bible you wan follow you must drop, but if na the one wey Seun Osewa dey follow, you no need drop anything ....enjoy your money
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by luluosas(m): 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
The right way to go
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Enemyofpeace: 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
Adabar:
That shield on his desk says it all : Nothing is impossible. I will put this in mind as I go through 2020 and beyond.
you've been saying this even before Dangote was burned . Abeg make we hear word jo
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Johnsghana(m): 4:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
Lol!

Very soon now US govt will start investigating him. He doesn't need a US company for now until he is able to clean up his act.
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
soberdrunk:
$4.9 billion dollars in 2019, even if he paid a 1% tax(which is impossible) that is $49million dollars =#17.64 BILLION naira from only one man, Oga Tunde Fowler has questions to answer........... angry angry

his paper wealth may increase because his share price is increasing but he only pays taxes when he sell shares, if he doesnt sell any shares he has no taxes to pay on that part of his wealth. dangote Plc will pay any corporation tax due and he should have taxes on any dividends declared. But on the part we are talking about..his real wealth, he has absolutely no tax to pay untill he sells any shares.

3 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by CyberWolf: 4:02pm On Jan 09, 2020
That’s why I laugh some mumu people building their hope on dangote refinery.
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by wwwihy: 4:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
leye4u:
Dangote no be Christian nah,how him go pay tithe...
You sha no wan pay tithe...stingy man
Truth be say if you be person wey wan follow God ...you must drop ,painful droppings ooo.Abramhan offered isaac,hannah offered Samuel etc..David said I would not give unto God that which cost me nothing...if na the same God wey dey bible you wan follow you must drop, but if na the one wey Seun Osewa dey follow, you no need drop anything ....enjoy your money
My Oga, why you dey quote old testament people... Are we not under the grace again? Sebi we don leave the law?
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 09, 2020
livebyday:
Lol

No matter how much you make in Nigeria you just can't trust an unstable government and a poor economy with your investments

The history of the naira shows that it has always depreciated since its inception. The minimum depreciation in any decade is 50% therefore only a fool keeps his wealth in Naira

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Arnoldo(m): 4:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
soberdrunk:
$4.9 billion dollars in 2019, even if he paid a 1% tax(which is impossible) that is $49million dollars =#17.64 BILLION naira from only one man, Oga Tunde Fowler has questions to answer........... angry angry
too much sense no go wound you
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
Dangote is a good business man and is afraid of Nigerian business environment.
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by mutumina007: 4:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
BREAKING!! Governor Akeredolu Commissions The Amotekun Vehicles. - Crime - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/5622546/breaking-governor-akeredolu-commissions-amotekun#85646644
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by livebyday(m): 4:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
isthatso:

The history of the naira shows that it has always depreciated since its inception. The minimum depreciation in any decade is 50% therefore only a fool keeps his wealth in Naira

Very true
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by franchasng: 4:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
kiyosaki1:
Dangote is doing it to protect his family business, which is a negative for the nigeria economy and someone is saying good move .
Nigerians lack wisdom. This news alone will trigger so many negative effect on Nigeria's economy because it will further discourage more foreign investors planning to go to Nigeria to invest. Nigeria have a very long way to go cry

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by EngrHumble(m): 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
Nothing is Impossible

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by sameasy4real(m): 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hmmm baba olowo
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by CodeTemplar: 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2020

“In Africa, you know we have issues of devaluation, so we want to really preserve some of the family’s wealth,” Dangote told Bloomberg TV’s David Rubenstein Show

... lol.

The man knows what devaluation means to his pocket. His $4b profit would have been around $8b going by pre 2014 forex rate.
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by busomma: 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
wwwihy:
My man

Did Dangote pay tithes and offerings at the beginning of 2020 because he has added $1.02 billion to his wealth within one week of 2020 to increase his wealth to $15.8 billion
That's a question those lazy ,naive followers of Adeboye, Adeferasin, Joshua etc should answer. U can't tithe ur way out of poverty.
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by googi: 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
We need to feel sorry for Africans. Where is Dangote making his money?

Bill Gates and Jeff Bezo and all others making their money would never even think of establishing in Lagos or anywhere else they do not make money except to hide it in shell companies in Panama.

Abeg see see, make una see Africans jubilating for African biggest money launderer.

Some of us have have wondered aloud what business men like Dangote sell outside Africa to be paying big money for adverts in USA.

We have Africans mumu that only foreign investments can liberate Africa, even as Africa gets poorer.

The next saviors to liberate Africans are money launderers.

Ask all the local and foreign businesses how much foreign currencies they have earned for Nigeria instead of looting our forex legally through Central Bank.

kiyosaki1:
Dangote is doing it to protect his family business, which is a negative for the nigeria economy and someone is saying good move .
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Grandmisty: 5:05pm On Jan 09, 2020
This might be the begin of his downfall. US dont like seeing a successful black man.

They will starting plotting to tarnish his name

Watch
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by oshiokpu(m): 5:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
isthatso:

From the data you gave the minimum is 34% approximately
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by witworth(m): 5:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
Vickydam068:
Olowo aiye!
yes!
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2020
oshiokpu:

From the data you gave the minimum is 34% approximately

I'm not sure there is any comfort to the man who lost 34% that it could have been 50%

betweeen 1991 and 2001 you lost 90% of your wealth holding Naira. For those who dont understand it means you only have 10% of what you used to have!!!

Bottom line is holding wealth in Naira is a sure path to poverty in your old age

3 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by oshiokpu(m): 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
isthatso:

I'm not sure there is any comfort to the man who lost 34% that it could have been 50%

betweeen 1991 and 2001 you lost 90% of your wealth holding Naira. For those who dont understand it means you only have 10% of what you used to have!!!

Bottom line is holding wealth in Naira is a sure path to poverty in your old age

I agree..but only if those wealth are held in liquid form..Note that some form of investments accounts for inflation. i.e real estate. e.t.c
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
oshiokpu:

I agree..but only if those wealth are held in liquid form..Note that some form of investments accounts for inflation. i.e real estate. e.t.c

To an extent you are right but it doesnt apply universally, some yes, many no!

I had this discussion with someone on nairaland some time ago and i dont wish to rehash in depth but I have personal experience of property my father bought about 40 years ago that is worth less in Naira than if he had just changed his money to dollars and compounded the interest for 40 years.

isthatso:

1.if you bought land in 2015 for example...anywhere in Nigeria, your land is worth less today than in 2015. How you ask? because the naira has lost half it's value and the history of the naira since independence is that it always loses value over time. So land of 10m in 2015 was worth $60,000, today that land has not increased in naira and it's worth $30,000. You could buy 2 corrollas in 2015 with 10m, today you cant buy 1 if you sell that land. So that land has not only failed to appreciate it has lost you your wealth. if you took the 10m and changed it to forex in 2015 and kept it in a bank account, and today you withdrew the money and converted into Naira you will have 20m without wahala of land registry, omo-onile etc etc etc, while the man who bought land will have only 10m after waiting months to find buyer.

2. We dont enforce town planning laws in Nigeria, so what may seems like a good area today may become a bad area tommorow where nobody wants to live, which means the value of your property will go down or at best it becomes hard to find a buyer because it is no longer a desirable area. Festac used to be a place for the upper middle class, now it is known as a place for fraudsters and dubious people. Traffic may mean nobody wants to live in that area so prices drop. Land and property rose because there was an oil boom, there was easy money in the economy and there was demand from corrupt officials which propelled an artificial boom. that boom is over and it will take time for property to find its true level.

3. your land if bought in the wrong area can become submerged due to , poor drainage, flooding or erosion, rising water table, making the land/property lose value and in the worse case completely worthless.

4. And this happennned to me personally, you can buy land from legitimate source, due your due dilligence, the person selling the land was a honest high ranking Nigerian who had what appeared to be a legitimate registered title, you register the land and your title using proper lawyers. Years later when you want to use the land, somebody comes and says they own the land and they too have documents duly registered in the same land registry. How do you explain that? This is Nigeria!!! Well it turns out the person who sold the land to the person who sold the land did not have full authority to sell that family land (only 2 members of the family signed the document dates 1957) , whereas the person who claimed he own the land actually had a deed of conveyance signed by all the heads of the family. The man who sold us the land wasnt trying to dupe us, he is a respectable man, but all that money is gone! because according to the law, a document signed my all members of a family has more weight than a document signed by a few.

Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by simplesearch: 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Maybe he did. Secretly wink

Heard his success story was inspired by that of Bishop David Oyedepo. He probably could be doing so secretly, we never can tell. Real men don't joke with God wherever they found themselves, only narrow minded confuse elite or dregs will spew thrash against God, He is behind everything and will show his mercy to whomsoever he wills Muslim or pagan. Notwithstanding, going to heaven is another different ball game with no iota of compromise in it's demand, which is a complete surrender of one's life to Jesus Christ. Anyone who fails to meet up with this simple criteria or acquire this cheap entry permit, will find it absolutely impossible to meet with God in eternity.
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Unekz(m): 5:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
royalads:
The part that caught my attention is ' Dangote told Bloomberg'. Best believe that mere men don't tell Bloomberg something o. My brothers and sisters, hustle you. So that you can have something to tell Bloomberg.

Creating wealth is not about the cars and gold chains and whatnot. It's about the generational wealth and legacy you leave behind when you are long gone.

Good move Dangote. That's the reason I have most of my income in foreign-dorminated accounts.
How is it possible bro
Enlighten me please ?
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by staaari: 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
Why now is Dangote moving away from naira?

Does he has insider info that CBN about to devalue(or free float it) the naira soon? Time will tell.

Note: CBN will devalue sooner or later since bleeding the reserve to keep naira afloat is not sustainable.

It is a good move though but very delicate one.

US SEC will open book on Dangote and dig deeper to be sure all is CLEAN.
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by ignitewatch(m): 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
kiyosaki1:

Meaning what ?
It's not just enough to make money.... Dangote is protecting.increasing and transferring his wealth across generations.
That's what I call transgenerational wealth.

Being interviewed by bloomberg isn't roasting corn on the road side......
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Bemurzsiorghra(m): 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
Dangote x2
Dangote
Still Dey
Find money
Re: Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth by Focusmind: 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2020
soberdrunk:

I can bet you that I pay more taxes than some of these Nigerian millionaires and billionaires. Getting them to pay their fair share of tax is always a problem. That's why the poor are not feeling the impact of these so called millionaires and billionaires.

In advanced countries, taxes from all these millionaires are used to support the poor and provide public goods.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? / How To Make Money From Road Transport Business. A Guide / “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.