Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This (7122 Views)

Excited Lady Sits On Top Her Man As He Does Push-Up In Pre-wedding Photos / Lady Sits On Top Of Her Fiance To Take Selfie As He Does Press-up In Pre-wedding / Yahoo Boy Looking For A Wife Advertises What He Does For A Living On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by Code650: 9:50am On Jan 14, 2020
Hey Guys, i just joined yes!! after so many readings. Name’s Arianna and i live in Usa.. I’m a native American and Josh is Nigerian. We have a boy and he’s 5. We both work and i always leave my kids at their grandma’s (My mom)..recently i had a closer look on my kid and i can see tiny cuts like dots on my child's back.. they look so tiny but a closer look they stand apart within that space. He’s got 12 of those tiny cuts on his back and he says papa did it.

So since this is a Nigerian forum (at least his addiction to this site made me read too) can that be voodoo? I’m gonna post a pic but no for privacy reasons.. totally i do not onow how to explain this.
Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by kunleweb: 9:52am On Jan 14, 2020
Lol @ voodoo. Post the pics let's see. Post the pic blurring the face and all. Just the affected area, let's have a look

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by Davash222(m): 9:55am On Jan 14, 2020
Since he’s addicted here, I believe he’ll soon be here to clear us. Or maybe that’s the main reason you don’t want to post the photos here.

All the same, it’s not voodoo, maybe a hereditary identity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by pryme(m): 10:02am On Jan 14, 2020
Code650:
Hey Guys, i just joined yes!! after so many readings. Name’s Arianna and i live in Usa.. I’m a native American and Josh is Nigerian. We have a boy and he’s 5. We both work and i always leave my kids at their grandma’s (My mom)..recently i had a closer look on my kid and i can see tiny cuts like dots on my child's back.. they look so tiny but a closer look they stand apart within that space. He’s got 12 of those tiny cuts on his back and he says papa did it.

So since this is a Nigerian forum (at least his addiction to this site made me read too) can that be voodoo? I’m gonna post a pic but no for privacy reasons.. totally i do not onow how to explain this.

Why in the name of God are you not asking your husband this question, instead you choose to ask a bunch of strangers?

27 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by Froshloaded: 10:09am On Jan 14, 2020
Its either a voodoo or tribal cut, well what do I know??
Jewessgratitude
Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 14, 2020
Code650:

post the picture let us see first, before we conclude if it's voodoo or not.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by NoChill: 10:51am On Jan 14, 2020
It's not voodoo for Christ's sake. Here in Nigeria we have tribes that give their children tribal marks either on the face, chest or back.

It's nothing to be scared about, all his trying to do is to give your son a cultural identity so he won't lose his heritage. Your husband is a real African

And for purpose of clearing of doubt, ask him

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by peterincredible: 10:57am On Jan 14, 2020
Code650:

u see those cut might be for several reasons for example i was given a very tiny cut all over my body when i was a kid but u cant even see it now cause is just too small to be seen till when u observe super closely for me i was given cause when i was a kid maybe one year old or so i was very ill then i was taking to a hospital but the hospital people couldnt help so they did it the traditional way and it worked
in nigeria we have several tribes and almost all give marks during the acient period even till now many still give marks to new born kids or growing kids for some protection, some illness just like me and so on and so forth but i know it is not vodoo i am just sure about that, but u can stylishly ask ure hubby what those marks represent i mean stylishly so that it wont cause trouble and sorry for any typo or any punction error

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by chigoizie7(m): 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2020
If you truly love your marriage and your husband.and communication is always there, The best thing for you to do is confront your husband.

Ask him in a polite manner.

That is his son turn, he cannot intentionally hurt him. Unless you are not telling us the full gist.

Go like this.

Jokingly and playfully.

“Baby, or whatever name you call him, I was bathing our son( his name) and I saw some tiny marks at his back, I initially taught someone was abusing him physically, but he said that it was daddy. I know that you can’t hurt our son, but I want to know, did you give him some sort of super powers? Lol. I read about some tribal marks and it wasn’t wrong to give one some. But I just want to know what this very one means, maybe I could get one for myself too.

Trust me, he will tell you.

Do not go about it in a quarrelsome manner. Be good. Be playful. Do not act mischievous.

32 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by BABSSSOO(m): 12:29pm On Jan 14, 2020
pls it is not voodoo...it just for sons protection although it is traditional. we call it gbeere..don't go and call police oooo

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by Livescores: 1:28pm On Jan 14, 2020
we call it GBEEREE, it serves as protection against weapons (cutlasses, guns, knives e.t.c,) and sometimes strange illness.

Yes, it's a voodoo (but for protection only)

it's no big deal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by kunleweb: 1:48pm On Jan 14, 2020
Code650:

12 cuts. Now I know what it is. Your husband is irresponsible for going through with such without your consent.

The guys above stated what it is but didn't let you in on the details. It's voodoo to be precise but most times. What they don't tell people is its implications. While those incisions would be acclaimed to serve as protection, mind you its at a cost. Which more than often opens portals to gain entrance into he lives of affected persons to exact " service fee" when they grow up. Consequences of these actions would cost dearly in future and will drag consequences to the kids life like :

1. Inability to succeed financially

2. Inability to have a marriage

3. Inability to excel in about anything

Incisions and markings does two principal things, it opens the affected person for inconsistencies to enter the person's life and create chaos as they grow up

It serves as a temporary protection but its longer term consequences will necessitate strong prayers to cancel. But that its an inconsequential act is a big lie. Many times people who engage in such go the extra mile by trying to attain more and more powers from multiple sources till they get things complicated and damaged

If your husband is reading this or he speaks about it of you ask him, tell him I said he's a fool on my. Account. By the way demons that are appeased during those ritual processes do not work for me and would collect a price. The star of the child. Either the financial star or the marital star. The soul of the individual becomes I completed and split from its original created core.

I bet you hommyiur husband is a ritualistic and you need to pay closer attention to his deeds.
Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by MedicH: 1:53pm On Jan 14, 2020
It's just voodoo and hoodoo. Sick one at that. Who tribal marks help?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by 2goodbobo(m): 2:53pm On Jan 14, 2020
Is just a mark of identity and not evil in any form. I have it on my back as well. Was given the same mark by my Mum when I was a little boy to protect me against sickness.

Is just Tradition so no cause for alarm.
Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by Georgekyrian(m): 3:05pm On Jan 14, 2020
kunleweb:

12 cuts. Now I know what it is. Your husband is irresponsible for going through with such without your consent.

The guys above stated what it is but didn't let you in on the details. It's voodoo to be precise but most times. What they don't tell people is its implications. While those incisions would be acclaimed to serve as protection, mind you its at a cost. Which more than often opens portals to gain entrance into he lives of affected persons to exact " service fee" when they grow up. Consequences of these actions would cost dearly in future and will drag consequences to the kids life like :

1. Inability to succeed financially

2. Inability to have a marriage

3. Inability to excel in about anything

Incisions and markings does two principal things, it opens the affected person for inconsistencies to enter the person's life and create chaos as they grow up

It serves as a temporary protection but its longer term consequences will necessitate strong prayers to cancel. But that its an inconsequential act is a big lie. Many times people who engage in such go the extra mile by trying to attain more and more powers from multiple sources till they get things complicated and damaged

If your husband is reading this or he speaks about it of you ask him, tell him I said he's a fool on my. Account. By the way demons that are appeased during those ritual processes do not work for me and would collect a price. The star of the child. Either the financial star or the marital star. The soul of the individual becomes I completed and split from its original created core.

I bet you hommyiur husband is a ritualistic and you need to pay closer attention to his deeds.

Oga is your type that your children join Marliano cult at 13, then you will come and be crying for us that you are a deacon and Deaconess in your church and blaiming Naira Marley on top your children matter.. Mr know all

14 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by cooooooks(m): 3:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
1. Ask your son

2. Could be rashes.

3. Go to a free clinic or hospital if you have good insurance.

Code650:

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by Xxx123xxx(m): 3:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
Froshloaded:
Its either a voodoo or tribal cut, well what do I know??
Jewessgratitude
... Don't go saying shit especially when you haven't seen the marks or lines or something.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by Froshloaded: 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2020
Xxx123xxx:
... Don't go saying shit especially when you haven't seen the marks or lines or something.
Okay Mr Shit grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by kunleweb: 3:21pm On Jan 14, 2020
Georgekyrian:

Oga is your type that your children join Marliano cult at 13, then you will come and be crying for us that you are a deacon and Deaconess in your church and blaiming Naira Marley on top your children matter.. Mr know all

Sorry to dissapoint you. She's top 2% of her class. Out of 19 subjects was best in 12,second best in 3. Makes her the very best in 15 subjects. So so sorry to dissapoint you on your failed evil expectations for me

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 14, 2020
Code650:

Dont mind this guys , its a protection and to make your boy stronger
Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by NiklauseFred(m): 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2020
chigoizie7:
If you truly love your marriage and your husband.and communication is always there, The best thing for you to do is confront your husband.

That is his son turn, he cannot intentionally hurt him. Unless you are not telling us the full gist.

Go like this.

Jokingly and playfully.

“Baby, or whatever name you call him, I was bathing our son( his name) and I saw some tiny marks at his back, I initially taught someone was abusing him physically, but he said that it was daddy. I know that you can’t hurt our son, but I want to know, did you give him some sort of super powers? Lol. I read about some tribal marks and it wasn’t wrong to give one some. But I just want to know what this very one means, maybe I could get one for myself too.

Do not go about it in a quarrelsome manner. Be good. Be playful. Do not act mischievous.

If to say you be girl i for toast you cheesy

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2020
NoChill:
It's not voodoo for Christ's sake. Here in Nigeria we have tribes that give their children tribal marks either on the face, chest or back.

It's nothing to be scared about, all his trying to do is to give your son a cultural identity so he won't lose his heritage. Your husband is a real African

And for purpose of clearing of doubt, ask him
he should have told op first before doing it.
It's tribal marks

And most likely voodoo
Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 14, 2020
Code650:

It's not Voodoo. Be calm

See wetin Nollywood dey cause

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by vincentjk(m): 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2020
chigoizie7:

Go like this.

Jokingly and playfully.

Seconded bro

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by midnighter(f): 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2020
Anyway, the word "voodoo" is a loaded term that has negative connotations due to colonialism. Would we still feel the same if it were called "traditional medicine" or "native protection"?

I think OP as a native american is familiar with traditional or spiritual concepts that have been taken out of context and demonised by Western agenda, so whatever he tells her wont make her ears bleed.

Whether it has negative spiritual consequences or not, the best way to get the husband to open up (especially as OP is not a Nigerian) is to approach him gently and with an open mind so that he will explain his motivations to her without feeling that he is being attacked. Because the fact that he didnt inform her that he was going to make physical incisions on their son's body speaks volumes.

So I second chigoizie7's good advice.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
First of all.
Where in Nigeria is your husband from?
Do you know their culture and tradition?
For all you know, it could be a tribal mark used in identifying a son of the soil in case of any future occurrence like you running away with his son (since you're a foreigner) so he can easily trace back his roots to his father's land with those marks. And for easy recognition and acceptance.
It may not really be voodoo but some form of identity.

Froshloaded.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by kunleweb: 4:47pm On Jan 14, 2020
Jewessgratitude:
First of all.
Where in Nigeria is your husband from?
Do you know their culture and tradition?
For all you know, it could be a tribal mark used in identifying a son of the soil in case of any future occurrence like you running away with his son (since you're a foreigner) so he can easily trace back his roots to his father's land with those marks. And for easy recognition and acceptance.
It may not really be voodoo but some form of identity.

Froshloaded.

Argh my sister. You don't.... undecided Make I keep. Kwayet. This is one of the reasons men die way much earlier than women. Waka waka
Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by Etteanna: 5:37pm On Jan 14, 2020
kunleweb:

Sorry to dissapoint you. She's top 2% of her class. Out of 19 subjects was best in 12,second best in 3. Makes her the very best in 15 subjects. So so sorry to dissapoint you on your failed evil expectations for me
please dont mind them. They will never accept the truth about what their traditional markings on the body do let them keep allowing the devil control their lives
Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2020
How many of you already mailed this woman?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 14, 2020
Your husband is addicted to this forum? He will definitely find this.
What next?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Nigerian And He Does This by MadeBoy: 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2020
your husband probably had that marks when he was a boy. he will also do it. it might be his mother that told him to do it. and I believe the mother sent him the voodoo via courier to put it on the boy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

[SHOCKING PHOTOS!!!] See As P3nis Enlargement Goes Totally Wrong / Dear Men! If Your Woman Behaves Like This She Is A Wife Meterial / 'just Tell Me What's On Your Mind?' - True Meaning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.