Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,730 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives (83259 Views)

Epe Youths Chase Herdsmen And Their Cows Out Of Their Town (Video) / Ijare, Ondo Seizes 150 Cows For Destroying Farmlands / Fulani Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows After Sighting Vigilante In Anambra. Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by Islie: 5:12pm On Jan 15, 2020
There was a mild drama on Wednesday at Ijare town in Ifedore local government area of Ondo state as community chiefs led youths of the town to chase away herdsmen that have been causing problems for the community.

The herders however left their cows behind and ran for their lives.

A source in Ijare town said the incident occurred after warnings have been given to the herdsmen by the community on the need to leave Ijare town following destruction of many farmlands by their cows.

It was gathered that the herdsmen refused to leave but went far into distant place to rear their cows, a development that the community leaders were not comfortable with.

On Wednesday morning, youths of the community traced the herdsmen, who took to their heels,leaving their cows behind.

The cows that are almost one hundred were later led to the palace of Olujare of Ijare, Oba Oluwagbemigun Kokotiri for safety.

According to a source: “ These herdsmen have been adamant and it was high time they left. We didn’t harm them but we were surprised the way they ran away like being chases by a lion.

“They have been destroying our farms and we could no longer condone such losses again.We don’t have problem with them but we don’t want them and their cows in Ijare anymore.

It would be recalled that thunderstorm killed many cows in Ijare town last year on the hill top.

https://thenationonlineng.net/herdsmen-abandon-cows-in-ondo-community-for-personal-safety/

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by IamPatriotic(m): 5:41pm On Jan 15, 2020
The beautiful thing about Ondo is that we don't share borders with any Fulani state, the marauding herders would be delt with appreciately and they won't have any chance of revenge.

316 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by PapaBaby: 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
Wait for the reprisals.
Fulanis will march enmass to Ondo state soon, with guns issued by buratai. Emir of Ondo loading..y'all should start learning Fulfude and Hausa languages now.

164 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by Christipsy(m): 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
shocked cool
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by jesus247alive(m): 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
W
E
S
T

MAKING US PROUD

since the 80s

164 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by infini771: 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
The Attorney General of the Cattle Republic of Nigeria will not like this. People should respect the senior citizens of Nigeria or else they will get the "Benue Treatment"�����

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by Mutecgold92(m): 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
Kkk
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by mjbaba: 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
If the Ondo people know what is good for them, they shouldn't touch those cows.

Just allow the Fulani people come and claim them and leave peacefully.

Those guys are very unforgiving and ruthless if anything happens to their cattle.

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
SPIRITUAL AMOTEKUN

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by Neyoohpompy(m): 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
Main reason they are afraid of operation Amotekun. we say No to fulani caliphate and rugger in south west. kiss

136 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by TroubleMaker47(m): 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
Hmmm. Chasing 1st class citizens?!
I hope that community knows the implications oo.
Cuz when Mai Buhari mobilizes his boys to bounce back!!!
Lemme just keep quiet first

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by atheistandproud(m): 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
The fear of Amotekun is the beginning of wisdom. grin grin grin grin

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by nairavsdollars(f): 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
l hear thunder has been striking them seriously

18 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by Emilokoiyawon: 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
Nigeria is a funny country. Some one comes to your farm and destroy your crops using his cow...and this is called herdmen-farmers dispute. I don't understand. If somebody breaks into my house and destroy my property and eat my food that is called trespassing and destruction of property. Nigerians there is nothing like herdsmen-farmers dispute. Dispute suggests there is a confusion on the ownership of the farm. There is none. The farm belongs to the farmer not the herdsmen. The herdsmen are committing crimes all over Nigerian and should be arrested and prosecuted. The job of the Nigerian police is to protect Nigerian lives and property. The police should be arresting the herdsmen for destroying people's farms. The police are not doing their jobs hence the youths are taking it upon themselves to protect the farms.

412 Likes 52 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by Jamorezzi: 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
I'm waiting for BuBu to comment grin

10 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by Sunofgod(m): 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
The revenge will be bloody.

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by laosy(m): 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
People are now fighting for themselves since the government refused to do anything..don't harm them just send them packing.

Pls nairalanders, I need your help, I just got admitted and I need some money to balance up my school fees, the school is resuming on Monday which is the deadline... I will accept anything from you guys pls, I can send anyone willing to help my evidence of admission and all.pls quote me if you are willing to help me pls.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by maynation(f): 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
Then think say Ondo state na enugu. grin grin

uuzba:

They ran to their house to get support and ammunition
They know your house.
Do you know their own house?

If they like they should be residing in a cave in Egypt all that matters is we have stood up against them. Only if you had done same when they ravaged your land, killing and raping scores.

May the souls of the eastern folks who had died due to your cowardice rest in peace.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by Toscarel: 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
I think say them no dey hear word, let's see what their daddy in abuja has to say about

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by paparazzi1987(m): 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
The Fear of Black Magic and Sango olukoso god of Thunder grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by Wickedtruths: 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
PapaBaby:
Wait for the reprisals.
Fulanis will march enmass to Ondo state soon, with guns issued by buratai.

Ondo is not Enugu.
As at 1941, A Fulani was the Mayor of Enugu.

Some of you Igbos are born by fulanis who ruled Enugu. That's why you reason like cows.

85 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by RichDad1(m): 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
We don’t take nonsense in the SW. Don’t take our hospitality for granted. If mess up , we deal with you. cool cool

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
ah
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by chukwuibuipob: 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
cool AMOTEKUN DEEEEEE sad angry angry angry angry

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by NewsMuncher: 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
Lol. Hope you people will not start crying fowl when they come back with AK47s to massacre innocent villagers, we all know these Fulani herdsmen are very unreasonable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by simple250: 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
The fear of grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by RexTramadol1: 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
Jakpa

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka / The Parents Of Oshiomhole's Wife, Lara Fortes (Photo) / Dino Melaye's Array Of Cars (Photos, Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.