Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,859 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa (4412 Views)

Enugu Vs Fulani:hausa/fulani Have All Fled Uzo Uwani As Youths Explodes / El-Rufai’s inauguration ends abruptly as youths pelt dignitaries with stones / Jonathan's Campaign Office Accused Of Releasing $20,000 To Disrupt Buhari's Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by Abagworo(m): 1:27am On Dec 08, 2010
Stampede as youths disrupt Buhari’s rally in Yenagoa
•Sylva flays attack
From FEMI FOLARANMI, Yenagoa
Wednesday, December 08, 2010

There was pandemonium on Tuesday in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State capital when the youth wing of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) foiled an attempt to disrupt the rally organized for the Presidential candidate of the party, General Mohammed Buhari.

Buhari, who arrived Yenagoa in company of the governorship aspirant in the state, Mr. Famous Daunimugha and national officers of the party was driven straight to the Amarata School field amidst shouts of “Sai Buhari” by the youths wearing tee-shirts with his photograph and that of Daunimugha embossed on them.

The Chairman of the party in Bayelsa State, Mr. Williams Woyinkuro  Berezi was in the middle of his speech when bottles were thrown into the arena, causing confusion, as people took to their heels.
Berezi, who was unsure if the bottles would get to the podium, stopped his speech but was urged to continue by majority of the youths who had formed a ring around the dignitaries.

Some women and youths who scampered for dear lives when the bottles were being thrown, sustained various degrees of injuries due to stampede.
However, mobile policemen and some of the youths went to the Melford Okilo Road to confront those who were throwing the bottles and were able to get one of them, who was beaten before he was rescued by the police.

Buhari, who later addressed the people, enjoined them to protect their democratic rights during the 2011 elections.
According to him, Bayelsans must ensure they register; vote during the elections and ensure that their votes count by protecting it.
He listed security of lives and property and tackling indiscipline and corruption headlong as part of the programme the CPC would pursue if elected into government.
On the incident of the bottles thrown into the arena, Buhari said it was the responsibility of law enforcement agencies to protect people during political rallies.
Noting that CPC was not afraid of any party, he said security agencies were duty bound to protect lives of people.

Daunimugha reacting to the incident said as Bayelsans, they would not allow themselves to be scared, as they would ensure that they vote on election day.
“As Bayelsans, we would not be scared. We must vote. We would not allow anybody to intimidate us,” he said.
Meanwhile, Bayelsa State government has condemned in strong words, the use of bottles to disrupt the rally organized for Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in Bayelsa, General Mohammed Buhari.

The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Doifie Ola, in a terse press statement entitled “ Buhari In Yenagoa” said the government condemned the act, adding, however, that it was at a loss why the organizers of the rally did not deem it fit to inform the government about the rally.
He said as a former Head of State, protocol demands that the state government should know when Buhari came into Bayelsa irrespective of party affiliations.

“While we condemn this act with every force at our command, we are at a loss as to why neither Buhari nor his managers thought it fit to inform the state government of his campaign visit to Bayelsa. As a former Head of State, protocol demands that the State Government be in the know. “Governor Timipre Sylva was only informed about General Buhari’s visit only after the unfortunate incident at the rally ground. We consider this improper. Irrespective of differences in political party affiliations, the general and his party have to acknowledge the fact that there is a sitting governor in the state,”he said.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201012080208.html
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by Blazay(m): 1:30am On Dec 08, 2010
Southern almajiris.

cheesy
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by udezue(m): 2:52am On Dec 08, 2010
Blazay, shut that shyt up.
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by Blazay(m): 3:44am On Dec 08, 2010
^^^

When you get to the North, you use terms like almajiris.
Then, when you get to the South the term changes to "youths". . . cheesy

Corny inninnit?
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by stranger: 3:47am On Dec 08, 2010
We dont have almajiris

We have responsible youths/people

We are more sensible than those mofod upnorth!
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by aljharem(m): 4:08am On Dec 08, 2010
Blazay:

^^^

When you get to the North, you use terms like almajiris.
Then, when you get to the South the term changes to "youths". . . cheesy

C[b]orny inninnit?[/b]

very
grin grin

youth=abegero
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by Blazay(m): 4:37am On Dec 08, 2010
stranger:

We dont have almajiris

We have responsible youths/people

We are more sensible than those mofod up north!

Yeah. We know.
So, there are no "youths" in Northern Nigeria huh?

alj harem:

very
grin grin

youth=abegero

youth=abegero=almajiri=niger-delta militant=kidnappers.

cheesy
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by stranger: 5:10am On Dec 08, 2010
Blazay:

Yeah. We know.
So, there are no "youths" in Northern Nigeria huh?

youth=abegero=almajiri=niger-delta militant=kidnappers.
cheesy

You don't get it, do you?
According to the Oxford dictionary of contemporary usage, youth: the freshness and vitality characteristic of a young person
Emphasis on vitality, which denotes the quality of being exciting and successful.

Quite alright, you have warm bodies in the north. Most of these people are grossly uneducated, and as a result,  not useful to the country.
The country cannot rely on them because they are, for the most part, bound to fail.

They, like our in-house Alh Harem, are devoid of original thinking, untrainable, and they lack basic critical thinking and writing skills necessary for survival in the 21st century.
They are dependent on the country, and the country functions perfectly well without them.

It is not as if there are no youths in the north, the problem is that the ones that can be called 'youths' are few and far in between. It would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to find a responsible young adult in the north. That said, once in while comes along people like 'Blazay' who shatters all pre and mis-conceptions of the way the average northerner is viewed. That said, people like 'Blazay' are not the norm in northern Nigeria; whereas people like Seun Osewa, fstranger, Ilek-ide,Igbobuigbo, Dapobear, 'Bawomolo (RIP), Katsumoto and the rest abound in abundance in the south. Furthermore, it is on the shoulders of the aforementioned people from southern Nigeria, not the almajiris (like Hak nai, Mai Suya. Alh Harem and to some extent Blazay), that the future of the country rest.
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by Blazay(m): 5:48am On Dec 08, 2010
stranger:

You don't get it, do you?
According to the Oxford dictionary of contemporary usage, youth: the freshness and vitality characteristic of a young person
Emphasis on vitality, which denotes the quality of being exciting and successful.

Quite alright, you have warm bodies in the north. Most of these people are grossly uneducated, and as a result, not useful to the country.
The country cannot rely on them because they are, for the most part, bound to fail.

They, like our in-house Alh Harem, are devoid of original thinking, untrainable, and they lack basic critical thinking and writing skills necessary for survival in the 21st century.[/b]They are dependent on the country, and the country functions perfectly well without them.

It is not as if there are no youths in the north, the problem is that the ones that can be called 'youths' are few and far in between. It would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to find a responsible young adult in the north. That said, once in while comes along people like 'Blazay' who shatters all pre and mis-conceptions of the way the average northerner is viewed. [b]That said, people like 'Blazay' are not the norm in northern Nigeria;
whereas people like

Seun Osewa, fstranger,  shocked  Ilek-ide, Igbobuigbo, Dapobear, 'Bawomolo (RIP), Katsumoto and the rest abound in abundance in the south.

Furthermore, it is on the shoulders of the aforementioned people from southern Nigeria, not the almajiris, that the future of the country lie.

I am flattered. Blazay the 'paranormal' Northerner. . . you wish. If only you knew what I know about "Blazay". cheesy. . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I think you need to give up the booze. cheesy
Just when I thought I had read it all from you.
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrant nonsense.
What twisted logic.
So, besides jumping around this NL attacking Igbos and Hausas, what have you and your 'cult' members accomplished in or out of NL to get Nigeria out of it's sorry state of existence? With the time you guys spend on this NL being mostly under 25 "youths". . , with questionable sources of income, I doubt Nigeria can be rescued by your kinds. With all that smooching going on on FB and all over NL. . . one can only wonder what your brains can accomplish on the long run. undecided

Since you and 'them' up there are smarter than the almajiris, pray tell me why your villages still have no electricity and running water, even worse than the almajiri lands? cheesy
How have the almajiris stopped you in the Southern parts of Nigeria from becoming the China of Africa, considering the fact that the wealth of Nigeria is concentrated mainly in the Western part of Nigeria? For one, you cannot even maintain just Lagos city with gutters every where for owamnbe venues, since you do not have almajiris in Lagos State for example? Most of your folk back home still need to travel out of the country to get medical attention huh?

You are not serious. Was it the almajiris of the North that obstructed the Buhari rally in Yenagoa? undecided
What can someone like Ileke-Idi contribute to Nigeria besides showing us how flatulent with Ofe mmanu-mmanu, watery ewa and ijebu garri and curvatious like samba drums the Yoruba bakassi is(while hers is dryer than 'kpanla')? cheesy

As for the other tribalists like you and that your Depolar Bear of Nairaland and co. . . I will reserve my comments for now.

I only know that Seun Osewa owns Nairaland. . . just hope he is not related to Pa Anenih somehow. cheesy

You nor well at all.
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by udezue(m): 5:49am On Dec 08, 2010
Almajiri does not exist in the South, East of Ore town so Blazay get ur mind right. Your region is quite useless.
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by Blazay(m): 5:56am On Dec 08, 2010
udezue:

Almajiri does not exist in the South, East of Ore town so Blazay get your mind right. Your region is quite useless.

Correction noted o.
They are called 'youth'. grin

Aunty Ngozi is calling upon you illustrious sons/daughters of Igboland to contribute money from the diaspora to liberate Abia state from 'youthful exuberance', so you all can go home for Xmas.

Kidnapping 'youth'. . . . cheesy

I beg nor make me laugh too much make I nor begin to cry. I wan go sleep.

Mu he he he he
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by albertini: 12:47pm On Dec 08, 2010
I believe every Nigerian should be given the opportunity to contest for elections, which also includes the right to campaign in any part of the country, the youths should use their veto power during the elections, there is much more power within their voting cards than causing chaos and violence.
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by Orikinla(m): 1:22pm On Dec 08, 2010
Philistines of the Niger Delta have a long way to civilization.
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by hakanai(m): 1:53pm On Dec 08, 2010
sad they attack my candidate rallycry i shall remain kampe wink and vote like you talk ooo!!! cheesy smiley
For the North haters,Nothing do you except that you will never change from your hating,excuses for failure and lie lie!!!! wink
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by honeric01(m): 2:10pm On Dec 08, 2010
With an attitude like this, i tend to wonder at the difference between Almarijis as blazay put it and "youth" as fstranger put it.

What makes them different? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by passyjango(m): 2:24pm On Dec 08, 2010
Berezi, who was unsure if the bottles would get to the podium, stopped his speech but was urged to continue by majority of the youths who had formed a ring around the dignitaries.

However, mobile policemen and some of the youths went to the Melford Okilo Road to confront those who were throwing the bottles and were able to get one of them, who was beaten before he was rescued by the police.

This is a welcome development. This perhaps shows that Nigeria has a future. Nigerians of yesteryears would have run away leaving their man on his own. But these youths fought back. They protected their man and challenged the opposition. If only these youths will protect their votes this way on Election Day there will be no place for riggers. We all must learn from these youths and fight for what we believe in instead of reducing the argument to a tribal one.
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by Josylove: 2:38pm On Dec 08, 2010
The former president ought to have informed the state governor of his visit in order to beef up security  angry embarassed, dats was gross negligence on his part, but the youths r not suppose to disrupt his campaign for whatsoever reason.
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by Fidelo726: 3:08pm On Dec 08, 2010
Every candidate has the right to campaign in any part of the country. It is only unfortunate that the youths, ''miscreants'' from the region could not bring themselves to understand that,
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 08, 2010
What insolence! nigeria cannot be one wit her citizens stock piling negative records of her regional dwellers. Total impudence! Arant nonsence! I detest all u tribalistic chauvinist.
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by zionic(m): 3:27pm On Dec 08, 2010
Am sure it was a drunken south south youth that throw the botle after remembering Buharis days of War Against Indiscipline W.A.I, how did it all go wrong? cry
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by anonimi: 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by Pappij: 5:19pm On Dec 08, 2010
This is distasteful to our politics, with all the degrading comments about certain sections of our country.
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by jennifer22(f): 5:36pm On Dec 08, 2010
Pappij:

This is distasteful to our politics, with all the degrading comments about certain sections of our country.

yes
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by amazonia(m): 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2010
enamaye:

What insolence! Nigeria cannot be one wit her citizens stock piling negative records of her regional dwellers. Total impudence! Arant nonsence! I detest all u tribalistic chauvinist.

Enamaye, I love that your AAU coat of arm.
It is beautiful. Is that the official one, Or is
that your creation? I beg, that arrangement is dynamite.
Mighty good.
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by jikings(m): 6:30pm On Dec 08, 2010
Blazay:

I am flattered. Blazay the 'paranormal' Northerner. . . you wish. If only you knew what I know about "Blazay". cheesy. . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I think you need to give up the booze. cheesy
Just when I thought I had read it all from you.
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrant nonsense.
What twisted logic.
So, besides jumping around this NL attacking Igbos and Hausas, what have you and your 'cult' members accomplished in or out of NL to get Nigeria out of it's sorry state of existence? With the time you guys spend on this NL being mostly under 25 "youths". . , with questionable sources of income, I doubt Nigeria can be rescued by your kinds. With all that smooching going on on FB and all over NL. . . one can only wonder what your brains can accomplish on the long run. undecided

Since you and 'them' up there are smarter than the almajiris, pray tell me why your villages still have no electricity and running water, even worse than the almajiri lands? cheesy
How have the almajiris stopped you in the Southern parts of Nigeria from becoming the China of Africa, considering the fact that the wealth of Nigeria is concentrated mainly in the Western part of Nigeria? For one, you cannot even maintain just Lagos city with gutters every where for owamnbe venues, since you do not have almajiris in Lagos State for example? Most of your folk back home still need to travel out of the country to get medical attention huh?

You are not serious. Was it the almajiris of the North that obstructed the Buhari rally in Yenagoa? undecided
What can someone like Ileke-Idi contribute to Nigeria besides showing us how flatulent with Ofe mmanu-mmanu, watery ewa and ijebu garri and curvatious like samba drums the Yoruba bakassi is(while hers is dryer than 'kpanla')? cheesy

As for the other tribalists like you and that your Depolar Bear of Nairaland and co. . . I will reserve my comments for now.

I only know that Seun Osewa owns Nairaland. . . just hope he is not related to Pa Anenih somehow. cheesy

You nor well at all.

Blazay, thanks for your observations that Southern Nigeria has not yet moved very far though you rightly acknowledged we have more industrious youths who have decided to take their destiny in their own hands by doing their best to survive in this marriage called Nigeria. You failed to understand that the Northern youths who mostly depend on handouts from their so called “leader or looters “ (you choose) who held Nigeria back for over 4 decades have no other ambition than to continue to do so. They rise on the slightest provocation to burn down businesses, maim and destroy property as they own nothing and for them life is worthless.

I admit that northern villages do have electricity and water supply as you have rightly claimed but remember that it has been provided freely and the rest of us pay for it. The Burden posed on the economy by these almajiris and boko haram people who prefer to live in the Stone Age is enormous and pulls the rest of us to the gutter!

As long as they remain parasites, there is no way the South or Nigeria will move forward without the reorientation of these youths and their contribution!
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by 13volts(m): 6:38pm On Dec 08, 2010
Just caught in a cross road !! GEJ came they almost got his cowboy hat blown sky high save for the tight securities put in place, Buhari came a bottle shariah style justice was melted on him. I think these militant Bayelsians (sorry youths) are not ready for any progress
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by QualityShare: 6:42pm On Dec 08, 2010
This is uncalled for. Nobody in nigeria should be stopped from exercising his franchise no matter the location.
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by newmusic: 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2010
What is the co-relation between youths and alimanjiris. When I was in Kano state,alimanjiris are the children that wander about with empty plates begging for food or money from door to door, the older ones are used to cause unrest in the state. They are wicked but will want you to pity them.

In the other hand, I also have so many hausa friends that are youth but not almajiris. In the south, there is no such thing as almanjiri, instead you will see these kids selling pure water and other petty things rather than singing in groups and begging for survival.

So pleaae dont ever equate the southern youths with northern almajiris. That is really an insult.

Cheerz.
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by Harus(m): 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2010
Southern Almajeris again!  I guess they are afraid of imminent Buhari's action on indiscipline.

Buhari was fair, faithful, honest, humble, uncorrupted, steadfast and just in his leadership.
None of d presidential aspirants posses half of Buhari's qualities.
He is d man we need!  , Only if nigerians know.

SAI BUHARI !
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by inyass123(m): 7:35pm On Dec 08, 2010
i wonder what you guys are being thought in your so called civilised schools. is it hatred? or how to help develop the nation as awhole? for someone who does,nt even know the meaning of spyrogyra in his own language and yet call his self civilised or educated.the cause of all these is appreciating other peoples way of life and trying to force it on oneslife while blaming others for not adopting it. why the hausas? are they the cause of all this? or the almanjiris of which the northerners dispise. for GOD'S sake lets keep aside these and think of way forward.
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by Blazay(m): 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2010
jikings:

Blazay, thanks for your observations that Southern Nigeria has not yet moved very far though you rightly acknowledged we have more industrious youths who have decided to take their destiny in their own hands by doing their best to survive in this marriage called Nigeria.  You failed to understand that the Northern youths who mostly depend on handouts from their so called “leader or looters “ (you choose) who held Nigeria back for over 4 decades have no other ambition than to continue to do so. They rise on the slightest provocation to burn down businesses, maim and destroy property as they own nothing and for them life is worthless.

I admit that  northern villages do have electricity and water supply as you have rightly claimed but remember that[b] it has been provided freely and the rest of us pay for it.[/b] The Burden posed on the economy by these almajiris and boko haram people who prefer to live in the Stone Age is enormous and pulls the rest of us to the gutter!

[size=16pt]As long as they remain parasites, there is no way the South or Nigeria will move forward without the reorientation of these youths and their contribution![/size]

Is this how low you think of yourself and your community?
This is very defeatist.
The progression of your communities in the South is being hindered by the dependency of the lazy North? shocked

Well, well, well.
Only in Africa I suppose.

But in the Southern part of Nigeria you drive the best cars. . .flash the most modern GSM sets. . . send your children to the best schools abroad. I have not seen any Northerner that spent 30 million or is it 30 billion dollars on one daughter's wedding like your Adenuga a while ago. When it comes to negative things your are champions of course. . . no one can beat you in those areas.

Please, you can't be serious.
Are you for real? cheesy

Yet these same almajiris, you southerners are smart enough to out do in areas of domestic and international 419ning, prosti-tution in Italy and Belgium. . . kidnapping for ransom not to mention ritualism and pedo-philia.

You have enough to keep yourselves down bro. . . you really do not need almajiris do you? grin
Re: Stampede As Youths Disrupt Buhari’s Rally In Yenagoa by daroz(m): 9:45pm On Dec 08, 2010
what else does the mallam expect?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Obsessed With Bad/evil News? / Question asked: The Queen of Britain is asking buhari if Emperor Ademusiwaa came / Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.