Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,949 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition (34423 Views)

35-Year-Old PDP Candidate, Lawal Musa Stops Yobe Speaker’s 6th Term Ambition / Tanko Yakasai: Amotekun Will Promote SouthWest, Southeast, Southsouth Secession / Amotekun Will Affect Nigeria's Unity - Arewa Consultative Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by joshuaakindele7(m): 10:54am On Jan 21, 2020
Governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, has said that he is not disturbed over whether ‘Operation Amotekun’ may affect his chances of getting a second term in office.

Akeredolu, who is Chairman of South West Governors Forum, said he was only on the path of national cohesion with the collaborative internal security by the formation of Amotekun and not for any political ambition.

In a statement by his spokesman, Donald Ojogo, the Ondo State governor said that he will not be discouraged by the de-marketing of the regional security outfit aimed at addressing the daunting security challenges in the South-West.

He said, “In the case of Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu (SAN) of Ondo State, it is pertinent to state that he is not perturbed by the possible consequences of leading governors of the South-West in the formation of Amotekun.

“In particular, fears and apprehension have been expressed in many quarters that his role in the formation of Amotekun could affect his second term chances.

“This is far from the truth because Governor Akeredolu is on the path of national cohesion through collaborative internal security.

“The decision taken in respect of Amotekun was in the interest of the entire country and not the South-West alone.

“The political insinuations and blackmail are the required ingredients needed to make it credible. But such will not discourage the governor in any manner.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/01/21/im-not-bothered-if-%E2%80%98operation-amotekun%E2%80%99-will-cost-me-second-term-ambition-%E2%80%93akeredolu

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by DavidEsq(m): 10:56am On Jan 21, 2020
Hm. When a politician in Nigeria is ready to sacrifice his political ambition for the ppl's welfare, he is an exception from the rest who are bloody marauders

430 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by OndoFirstBorn(m): 11:02am On Jan 21, 2020
"The world suffers a lot not because of the violence of bad people, but because of the silence of good people."

I think it's time we started referring to Governor Akeredolu as a National Leader and not southwest leader. Governor Akeredolu could have chosen to be silent Just like Tinubu, Sanwo-olu, Dapo Abiodun and Gboyega Oyetola or remain silent because of his 2nd term ambition, but he continues to prove to be a selfless Leader. History will be kind to him!

448 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by phemy36(m): 11:07am On Jan 21, 2020
So we still have people like this man in southwest. Better day ahead of us in the region. Thanks sir

242 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Blackking98(m): 11:09am On Jan 21, 2020
joshuaakindele7:
Governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, has said that he is not disturbed over whether ‘Operation Amotekun’ may affect his chances of getting a second term in office.

Akeredolu, who is Chairman of South West Governors Forum, said he was only on the path of national cohesion with the collaborative internal security by the formation of Amotekun and not for any political ambition.

In a statement by his spokesman, Donald Ojogo, the Ondo State governor said that he will not be discouraged by the de-marketing of the regional security outfit aimed at addressing the daunting security challenges in the South-West.

He said, “In the case of Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu (SAN) of Ondo State, it is pertinent to state that he is not perturbed by the possible consequences of leading governors of the South-West in the formation of Amotekun.

“In particular, fears and apprehension have been expressed in many quarters that his role in the formation of Amotekun could affect his second term chances.

“This is far from the truth because Governor Akeredolu is on the path of national cohesion through collaborative internal security.

“The decision taken in respect of Amotekun was in the interest of the entire country and not the South-West alone.

“The political insinuations and blackmail are the required ingredients needed to make it credible. But such will not discourage the governor in any manner.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/01/21/im-not-bothered-if-‘operation-amotekun’-will-cost-me-second-term-ambition-–akeredolu
If APC were to present this man as presidential candidate, I would personally vote with my two hands and feet for him

145 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by slimfit1(m): 11:13am On Jan 21, 2020
He is the kind of person you can call Yoruba leader, anytime someone mentions Tinubu here as Yoruba leader na curse we go curse am. We know our leaders and our leaders know us. Governor carry on.

146 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Sanromeo(m): 11:20am On Jan 21, 2020
How many Likes and Share for this bold, courageous and self-less Leader please.

464 Likes 93 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Righteousness89(m): 11:21am On Jan 21, 2020
joshuaakindele7:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/01/21/im-not-bothered-if-‘operation-amotekun’-will-cost-me-second-term-ambition-–akeredolu

This Governor is a Rare Gem..

A Definition of " A Self-less Leader...

With Someone like this, I'll gladly cast my vote..

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by WisdomFlakes: 11:32am On Jan 21, 2020
OndoFirstBorn:
"The world suffers a lot not because of the violence of bad people, but because of the silence of good people."

I think it's time we started referring to Governor Akeredolu as a National Leader and not southwest leader. Governor Akeredolu could have chosen to be silent Just like Tinubu, Sanwo-olu, Dapo Abiodun and Gboyega Oyetola or remain silent because of his 2nd term ambition, but he continues to prove to be a selfless Leader. History will be kind to him!

Bro, you guys are really trying with una PR and image laundering of Aketi. Lol. Una no even hide am. E go on soun. Hehehe.

23 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Hillsong34: 11:32am On Jan 21, 2020
no section of the Nigerian constitution makes provision for either state or regional police, yoruba miscreants have no authority whatsoever to raise such an illegal army.

SW (Yorubas) are trying to be smart by half and thinks nobody sees through the wooly circle. Maybe he thinks others are suffering from schizophrenia like some do.

Amotekun as a regional force cannot stand and must be nipped to the mud. Yorubas want regional Amotekun but are smartly avoid constitutional review which is the root cause of all the crises and where all the problems lies and same. Constitution is what AGF, police and the rest stand to counter Amotekun.

Amotekun is not real. If they are real and sincere they know what to do and get their regional force.

You're dealing with people that always try to play smart.

Everybody is having same insecurity and what we need is a permanent not a stylish temporary solutions

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Sirsuky(m): 11:33am On Jan 21, 2020
Kudos to him for his statement but know that if it cost you your seat then the south west people will not forgive tinubu for his silent on this matter because of presidential ambition.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by porka: 11:47am On Jan 21, 2020
COURAGE!

People over power.

Good thing Arakunrin for standing up for the Yoruba nation.

History will be kind to you for protecting your people against terror and hegemonic machinations.

Those sitting on the fence don't realize that power is ephemeral.

They will soon realize that personal political ambition at all cost - at the cost of human lives - have consequences.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 21, 2020
On this path, governor akeredolu has proven to be an indespensible omoluabi and I am proud to call him My governor!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by OndoFirstBorn(m): 11:52am On Jan 21, 2020
WisdomFlakes:

Bro, you guys are really trying with una PR and image laundering of Aketi. Lol. Una no even hide am. E go on soun. Hehehe.

My brother, i'm simply pointing out the obvious ni o. Abi which of the thing i said is wrong? My Governor is a true Omoluabi!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by 9jahotblog: 11:56am On Jan 21, 2020
I love what Aketi stands for. Yorubas are solidly behind you in this mission. Amotekun has come to stay.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by deboysben(m): 11:57am On Jan 21, 2020
Amotekun is illegal and must not allow to see the light of the day .

It's terrorist in disguise and must be stopped by all means.

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Zico5(m): 11:59am On Jan 21, 2020
Nothing can move u my governor. We Yoruba are wise, our security first before anything. No Fulani can colonize us again. Politics apart, our collective interest first. We will fight this to finish. No one can stop us, we are that resolute.

20 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by tommykiwi(m): 11:59am On Jan 21, 2020
Na Man you be!

Chop Knuckle!

14 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by kolinz01(m): 11:59am On Jan 21, 2020
Who else here does not care about this?

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 21, 2020
You just won reelection sir.

Continue standing with the people.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by TallPck1(m): 11:59am On Jan 21, 2020
This is a true leader. Akeredolu is a national leader.

He has refuse to chicken out or remain silent like other south west leaders. God bless you sir.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by b3llo(m): 11:59am On Jan 21, 2020
I love Aketi. Am from Gombe

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by ogbuefi677(m): 11:59am On Jan 21, 2020
Correct man.
This man just stylishly got himself a 2nd tenure cos he'll be seen as a man of the people now unlike thiefnuubu and fake pastor Osunbade who are ready to sell their ppl for their ambitions.
He has always been a silent performer shaaa

20 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by tolexy007(m): 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
Ride On my Governor
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by solmusdesigns: 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
cool

Mr talk and Do governor

Imagine if if each state recruits 10000 each, Amotekun armed volonteers , that means Fulani are completely finished, i wonder what they would lash on to survive

6 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Resrguru: 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
Good
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition by Sunnycliff(m): 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
A man of the people unlike Tinubu that would prefer just five souls to remain in southwest while he becomes the President

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Have Fulfilled My Major Promises" – President Buhari / My Dear President, Let Your People Go By Dele Momodu / Wike Rejects PDP Peace Move, Tells Dickson To Leave Party Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.