Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:20 AM

Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti (36660 Views)

2 Reps Members: Goodhead, Awaji Lead Solidarity Walk For Fubara / ‘Forum Of Bishops’ Holds Solidarity Rally For Pantami (Photo) / Amotekun: ‘Lunatics’ Join Solidarity Rally In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by QTEST007(m): 8:10pm On Jan 21, 2020
Never Bulge
Amotekun is a must

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by opalu: 8:10pm On Jan 21, 2020
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by qualityovenbake(m): 8:10pm On Jan 21, 2020
Amotekun has come to stay. No retreat, no surrender.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2020
Looks good to me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2020
SultanOfPuna:
Forget U.S.A and IRANU Matter
WW3 Na Amotekun vs Fulani Herdsmen.
Laugh wan kill me grin
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by MANNABBQGR1LLS: 8:12pm On Jan 21, 2020
Sanchez01:

Pray tell, what was the purpose of the Biafra 'Never Again' seminar? Lol. You think people don't follow these things?

Buhari said Amotekun is illegal but Hisbah and Fulani Herdsmen are not despite being ranked as the fourth most deadliest militia in the world. Buhari has always been stupiid and this is but an open secret.

What else?

If I can remember correctly you are one of the dunce that insult Igbos for “not building bridges”
And playing “politics of hate”

So have you see our reasons now?
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Funkybabee(f): 8:13pm On Jan 21, 2020
Interesting
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Resrguru: 8:15pm On Jan 21, 2020
I like the solidarity
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Amotekun777: 8:17pm On Jan 21, 2020
Sanchez01:
Amotekun records success in Ekiti and Ibadan. The presence and creation of Amotekun have greatly destabilize the plans of fulanization so much that one Fulani hersdman at a time show up on Channels to either wail like a baby robbed of his candy or condemn Amotekun.

CSTR2, come see how the DSS provided heavy cover for Amotekun protesters. And the likes of you compared Amotekun to IPOB? I laugh in tongues.

Don't mind them, bro... I'm here to stay! cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by lizdammy: 8:17pm On Jan 21, 2020
huge
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Novaccines: 8:17pm On Jan 21, 2020
Wow
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by olax02(m): 8:18pm On Jan 21, 2020
Fulani's herdsmen can go ahead and make norther region their headquarter of bokos, thats their problems but in western region no way....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Alexis11: 8:18pm On Jan 21, 2020
Most of those people that quickly rush to front page to deride the Igbos about Amotekun to cause tribal bashing are not Yorubas. cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 21, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Amotekun remains illegal

I'm fully with Buhari on these .

How many: "these"?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Alexis11: 8:19pm On Jan 21, 2020
Sanchez01:
Amotekun records success in Ekiti and Ibadan. The presence and creation of Amotekun have greatly destabilize the plans of fulanization so much that one Fulani hersdman at a time show up on Channels to either wail like a baby robbed of his candy or condemn Amotekun.

CSTR2, come see how the DSS provided heavy cover for Amotekun protesters. And the likes of you compared Amotekun to IPOB? I laugh in tongues.

This your last paragraph is not necessary at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Novaccines: 8:20pm On Jan 21, 2020
Stop fighting each other

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by calabardick(m): 8:20pm On Jan 21, 2020
This is a good move, I wish other zones will flag theirs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by MedicH: 8:20pm On Jan 21, 2020
MANNABBQGR1LLS:

If I can remember correctly you are one of the dunce that insult Igbos for “not building bridges”

You're not happy amutekun is going to pay back your beloved fulani herdsmen blood sucking demons in their own coin. Why is it making you angry?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by shyvicky: 8:21pm On Jan 21, 2020
I no hear of revolution now protest again? grin grin grin

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by MrMcJay(m): 8:21pm On Jan 21, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Amotekun remains illegal

Buhari has no power to declare it illegal. He can only institute a case through the AGF.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by atonement12: 8:22pm On Jan 21, 2020
CSTR2:

I have no business with ipob.
You are still protesting? How is that different from the biafra day seminar held in igboland with dignitaries from all over Nigeria.

Buhari said amotekun is illegal.
You can protest from now till tomorrow, it won't function legally.
but it will still function...cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by ViykeNairaland: 8:22pm On Jan 21, 2020
Sanchez01:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/amotekun-cleric-hunters-opc-others-lead-solidarity-rally-in-ekiti/amp/
..I give it to Oduduwa Nation...they have shown true dexterity...and suffistication in the Nigerian politics! To all my ofenmanu friends! I hail o!

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Alexis11: 8:22pm On Jan 21, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Amotekun remains illegal
You and Buhari are very inconsequential in Yoruba affairs. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by theenchanter: 8:22pm On Jan 21, 2020
Alexis11:
Most of those people that quickly rush to front page to deride the Igbos about Amotekun to cause tribal bashing are not Yorubas. cool
we know na.... na their way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Ogonimilitant(m): 8:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
meolaniyi:
The fulanis can not use politics to divide us. We are yorubas before politics of APC or PDP
this is for the interest of the Yorubas and the South. I know very well that Igbos will never go against us.
most of the comments abusing Yorubas here using Igbo monikers are well known.

The average Igbo man will be happy that this security outfit stays.
the days of division in the south is gone that is why the fulanis are jittery
I KNOW VERY WELL THAT ONCE THE SOUTH STARTS SPEAKING WITH ONE VOICE THAT THE END OF NIGERIA IS NEAR. WE ARE TOTALLY IN SUPPORT OF AMOTEKUN. YORUBAS SHOULD STAND THEIR GRAND AND SEE HOW IPOB WILL DEAL WITH FULANIS IN THE EAST AND SS

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by masterflowx(m): 8:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
meolaniyi:
The fulanis can not use politics to divide us. We are yorubas before politics of APC or PDP
this is for the interest of the Yorubas and the South. I know very well that Igbos will never go against us.

Are you referring to here...?
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Sanchez01: 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2020
MANNABBQGR1LLS:

And this is coming from a BMC nonentity who lives on 30k monthly? You are equally as stupiid as the totem pole in Aso Rock. And to think you could hump on my mention just because I mentioned your paymaster like some crazed zombie is somewhat hilarious.

I can't tell whether or not you are claiming Igbo right now or your regular BMC. Either way, you've been noticed. Now, scoot.

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 21, 2020
Sanchez01:

Focus your frustration on the Fulanis brother, and stop masturbating over your insecurities with Igbos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Sanchez01: 8:30pm On Jan 21, 2020
MedicH:

You're not happy amutekun is going to pay back your beloved fulani herdsmen blood sucking demons in their own coin. Why is it making you angry?
The iidiot must be angry. He is paid to defend his paymasters on here and differing opinions, moves or ideas should irk him just as he does them.
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Tranquillity360: 8:32pm On Jan 21, 2020
meolaniyi:

But yorubas will always go against Igbo's interest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 21, 2020
magicminister:
The reason I don’t support Amotekun

Anyone that grew up in the ghettos of Lagos will remember that OPC reigned supreme during the 90’s - early 00s and also butchered yorubas indiscriminately on the flimsiest of accusation.

I vividly remember the charred bodies of young men that lined up our streets almost every day and would remain there for weeks until it either goes back to the earth or is picked up by the relevant agencies.

I remember the OPC traffic stops where they’d have people disembark from the danfo and proceed to separate non-yorubas. Some get accused of being “armed robbers” which is an instant death sentence.

I remember the murder of my friend. He was a humble barber and street kid just like me. I came back from my car wash hussle to learn he was murdered by OPC after his landlord accused him of being an armed robber.
He dragged out of his house in the mid day, beaten to stupor and then set ablaze. His properties were looted and the remnants discarded.

I remember these things vividly.
While Amotekun is a good idea, what are the checks and balances to ensure they do not devolve into the immoral and wicked acts of the state sponsored OPC in the 90s.

I know I’ll get insulted for this but this is my true life story in the ghettos of Lagos. Amotekun is a NO for me unless there are sufficient checks and balances.

Who do we report to if there happens to be abuse of authority?

What are the checks and balances to ensure erring members are severely punished?

What trainings do the undergo to be able to deal with people professional and discharge their duties adequately?

Until there is a solid guideline on Amotekun, this is an effort that will lead to further abuse and oppression of the Nigerian people.
Look at those in uniform in the above pictures, do they look like touts? They're graduates, educated and well trained, unlike the illiterate opc used by Tinubu to have his way in those days in lagos. Fredrick fasheun of blessed memory who founded OPC before the miscreants hijacked and fictionalised it was an educated man par excellence. This outfit is unlike the opc of those days. They're uniformed , well trained and their background have been thoroughly checked. Stop confusing your likes by mixing it up.

By the way, were you told how hisbah and civilian jtf in the north were trained? Security issues aren't to be discussed in public hence, your enemies would get you. You don't have to know how amotekun were trained but one thing is certain, they'd work and collaborate with the Nigerian police. Didn't you see how 17 soldiers' lives were wasted last week by boko haram in the north? May their souls rest in peace. Boko haram always got their strategies because of the moles amongst the army giving them information. This is the truth our government hasn't been able to come to terms with.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CNN Interview: Again, Peter Obi Mocks Tinubu Over “Emilokan” Comment / Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola / President Buhari Honoured With Igbo Traditional Title In Abia State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.