Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,754 members, 7,851,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:38 PM

Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti (36655 Views)

2 Reps Members: Goodhead, Awaji Lead Solidarity Walk For Fubara / ‘Forum Of Bishops’ Holds Solidarity Rally For Pantami (Photo) / Amotekun: ‘Lunatics’ Join Solidarity Rally In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by CSTR2: 9:09pm On Jan 21, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

That is where you got it wrong Solidarity rally is what its called.

Not every crowd gathering is a protest. Some rallies are staged to sensitise people on issues. This is one of it.

This is

Not a Protest
The fact that it is not a protest is why General buhari is still soft.

Let it remain solidarity March.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Dpharisee: 9:10pm On Jan 21, 2020
Sanchez01:

Pray tell, what was the purpose of the Biafra 'Never Again' seminar? Lol. You think people don't follow these things?

Buhari said Amotekun is illegal but Hisbah and Fulani Herdsmen are not despite being ranked as the fourth most deadliest militia in the world. Buhari has always been stupiid and this is but an open secret.

What else?

But you abused Igbos when they told you the same thing in 2015 just because you thought Jonathan was an Igbo man angry

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by northvietnam(m): 9:12pm On Jan 21, 2020
meolaniyi:
The fulanis can not use politics to divide us. We are yorubas before politics of APC or PDP
this is for the interest of the Yorubas and the South. I know very well that Igbos will never go against us.
most of the comments abusing Yorubas here using Igbo monikers are well known.

The average Igbo man will be happy that this security outfit stays.
the days of division in the south is gone that is why the fulanis are jittery

You are wise.. I’m laughing at the stupid not.. they have hisbah and don’t want Yorubas to have there’s ..Lol, jokers . After Amokutem comes the security out for from the east then the Niger Delta will have Theirs and finally middle belt will have theirs .. like that like that, we can control what happens in our lands , not some fulani man
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by CSTR2: 9:12pm On Jan 21, 2020
yommen:

Enemy of good things, now we know you!
When you guys were dancing on the suffering of the innocent, you didn't know it would come back?

Slap yourself.
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by CSTR2: 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2020
Where is crocodile smile?
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by DMerciful(m): 9:15pm On Jan 21, 2020
Igbos are supporting Amotekun. Even alleged enemies dont fight all the time especially if the both have a common enemy. Calm down!
eedimo:
UNITY says it all.
Unlike the OTHER ZONE were their self acclaimed leader says it's A and their political leaders say it's B and yet they want independence.

Just watch how they would start displaying their frustrating at me.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by NothingDoMe: 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2020
meolaniyi:
The fulanis can not use politics to divide us. We are yorubas before politics of APC or PDP
this is for the interest of the Yorubas and the South. I know very well that Igbos will never go against us.

Ecstatic
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by arcahmad(m): 9:21pm On Jan 21, 2020
Even though l am hausa and unrepented buharist but this cannot detar me from telling truth when l saw it. I am in total support of this amotekun walahi. People shall protect themselve, l can even give something to fuel vehicle

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by royalamour(m): 9:23pm On Jan 21, 2020
Sanchez01:
Amotekun records success in Ekiti and Ibadan. The presence and creation of Amotekun have greatly destabilize the plans of fulanization so much that one Fulani hersdman at a time show up on Channels to either wail like a baby robbed of his candy or condemn Amotekun.

CSTR2, come see how the DSS provided heavy cover for Amotekun protesters. And the likes of you compared Amotekun to IPOB? I laugh in tongues.

You were making sense until the last paragraph. It is stupid.

We don't need that.

You must learn to apply emotional intelligence at all times.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
CSTR2:

The fact that it is not a protest is why General buhari is still soft.

Let it remain solidarity March.

My guy whether he is soft on it or hard on it. I don't care. I have lost hope in Nigeria tey tey and so, I don't expect anything good from here.

Favoritism is clearly written on the actions of the government. Both on Religion and Tribe. I only pray I to achieve my aim and once that is attained glory be to God.

Soft or hard

E no concern me.
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Wolex44: 9:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
The basis of amotekun is all about ODUDUWA republic.....Fayemi has found out YORUBA has no stake in 2023

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by mignone(f): 9:25pm On Jan 21, 2020
CSTR2:

I have no business with ipob.
You are still protesting? How is that different from the biafra day seminar held in igboland with dignitaries from all over Nigeria.

Buhari said amotekun is illegal.
You can protest from now till tomorrow, it won't function legally.
... but secession is d goal of IPOB&not adequate security as in d case of ÀMÒTÉKÙN
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by isaacsegun(m): 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2020
magicminister:
The reason I don’t support Amotekun

Anyone that grew up in the ghettos of Lagos will remember that OPC reigned supreme during the 90’s - early 00s and also butchered yorubas indiscriminately on the flimsiest of accusation.

I vividly remember the charred bodies of young men that lined up our streets almost every day and would remain there for weeks until it either goes back to the earth or is picked up by the relevant agencies.

I remember the OPC traffic stops where they’d have people disembark from the danfo and proceed to separate non-yorubas. Some get accused of being “armed robbers” which is an instant death sentence.

I remember the murder of my friend. He was a humble barber and street kid just like me. I came back from my car wash hussle to learn he was murdered by OPC after his landlord accused him of being an armed robber.
He dragged out of his house in the mid day, beaten to stupor and then set ablaze. His properties were looted and the remnants discarded.

I remember these things vividly.
While Amotekun is a good idea, what are the checks and balances to ensure they do not devolve into the immoral and wicked acts of the state sponsored OPC in the 90s.

I know I’ll get insulted for this but this is my true life story in the ghettos of Lagos. Amotekun is a NO for me unless there are sufficient checks and balances.

Who do we report to if there happens to be abuse of authority?

What are the checks and balances to ensure erring members are severely punished?

What trainings do the undergo to be able to deal with people professional and discharge their duties adequately?

Until there is a solid guideline on Amotekun, this is an effort that will lead to further abuse and oppression of the Nigerian people.

I hope you ask this your same questions when Hisba or Civilian JTF was created?
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by supercase1(m): 9:28pm On Jan 21, 2020
meolaniyi:

on behalf of my brothers from the SE we hereby denounce support for amotekun
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by golddare: 9:32pm On Jan 21, 2020
Sanchez01:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/amotekun-cleric-hunters-opc-others-lead-solidarity-rally-in-ekiti/amp/

You keep telling states to look inward to generate revenue but you dont want them to look inward to protect their citizenry. Is it even right to bear federal republic yet the federation unit cannot determine their future. It's better we call it Unitary Republic.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by ifeniceguy: 9:51pm On Jan 21, 2020
YOU ARE WISE
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Thegoodone13(m): 9:53pm On Jan 21, 2020
We need prayer in this country. What USA predict that will happen in 2015 should not happen in 2023. Federal government need to do something quickly about Amotekun.
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Sweeetheart(m): 9:56pm On Jan 21, 2020
Sanchez01:
Amotekun records success in Ekiti and Ibadan. The presence and creation of Amotekun have greatly destabilize the plans of fulanization so much that one Fulani hersdman at a time show up on Channels to either wail like a baby robbed of his candy or condemn Amotekun.

CSTR2, come see how the DSS provided heavy cover for Amotekun protesters. And the likes of you compared Amotekun to IPOB? I laugh in tongues.

is expected, they're mostly affected, these useless illiterate overzealous attitude must be checkmated

thunder fire Buhari and his evil plan in Jesus name

karma is a scam, if karma is real Buhari ought to have dead by now
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by nathpope(m): 9:58pm On Jan 21, 2020
They should get better uniform for them.
This brown colour is off mehn..

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by JAWBONE(m): 10:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
CSTR2:

I have no business with ipob.
You are still protesting? How is that different from the biafra day seminar held in igboland with dignitaries from all over Nigeria.

Buhari said amotekun is illegal.
You can protest from now till tomorrow, it won't function legally.

"Buhari said" doesn't mean it is the right thing. He is definitely not the most intelligent or wisest Nigerian. "Buhari said" doesn't mean we must accept it. That is why we are in a democracy not an autocracy. We are not his slaves, we are the ones who gave him power, without Nigerians, Buhari is nothing. So don't come here with that zombie mentality of whatever Buhari says, we must accept.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by ugom123: 10:01pm On Jan 21, 2020
eedimo:
UNITY says it all.
Unlike the OTHER ZONE were their self acclaimed leader says it's A and their political leaders say it's B and yet they want independence.

Just watch how they would start displaying their frustrating at me.

Is this really called for? A lot of igbos have shown support for this outfit so why trying to rubbish them here? I do believe some of u are not really south westerners.

Politicians will never openly support breaking away from Nigeria. No politician holding political position will ever support it openly. But some of them support it in private and secretly. Even some in South West and South South. So that u expect South East politicians who are occupying public office or aspiring to be one to openly support split movement means u maybe a learner in politics.

What I see is pure hatred of igbos. Well, it is a pity to southern Nigeria that Southern Nigerians hate them selves. That is to the glory of Northern Nigeria. I hope some day, this rubbish will end. If u don't know, southerners work for northerners to eat. They use our resources, and tax payers money will is mainly generated from southerners to feed northerners who are mainly unproductive. So until southern Nigerians learn to unite and fight with one voice, the north will continue to use the region. If not for North, the yoruba race would av gone far than this. Ateast to be at the same level with South Africa. But una forget who be una main enemy and be fighting igbos up and down. Sorry to southern Nigeria. U may even fight and abuse me after reading this as usual.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by phemy36(m): 10:09pm On Jan 21, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
okun o a we

Ora Aba. Sala lo se

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by MANNABBQGR1LLS: 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2020
MedicH:

You're not happy amutekun is going to pay back your beloved fulani herdsmen blood sucking demons in their own coin. Why is it making you angry?

Nigga I’m not angry I’m just laughing at karma
You laughed at the Igbos when it was their turn, now it’s your turn

Amotekun is a terrorist organization and must be crushed sai barber
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Perfecttouchade: 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2020
phemy36:

Ora Aba. Sala lo se
I ma se un baami..I will love to learn more, I'm an ekiti man who does not know how to speak it jaare..I ma ba mi ki gbogbo u le o grin
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Charly68: 10:22pm On Jan 21, 2020
Where is Fayose ? Am yet to hear his own point of view over this matter..I think he started it all when he empowered the local hunters to tame the menace of Fulani assassins who were killing people anyhow and destroying farms
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by MedicH: 10:28pm On Jan 21, 2020
MANNABBQGR1LLS:

Nigga I’m not angry I’m just laughing at karma
You laughed at the Igbos when it was their turn, now it’s your turn

Amotekun is a terrorist organization and must be crushed sai barber

I cant laugh at igbo... My name is obieze a strong nwafor i support nnamdi kanu for his words of truth. I detest buhari like a plague he is solidly behind the muderous herdsmen. He is perpetually empty but more intelligent than his supporters. Amutekun is on a mission to chase back the blood thirsty demons into the gates of hell from whence they cometh from and you are angry but why
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by CSTR2: 10:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
mignone:

... but secession is d goal of IPOB&not adequate security as in d case of ÀMÒTÉKÙN
But the last time, I checked the law does not support ethnic militias.
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by kayusely70(m): 10:39pm On Jan 21, 2020
Dpharisee:

But you abused Igbos when they told you the same thing in 2015 just because you thought Jonathan was an Igbo man angry
Yoruba supported Gej In 2011 but igbos hijacked his govt and neglected the yoruba
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by MANNABBQGR1LLS: 10:54pm On Jan 21, 2020
MedicH:

I cant laugh at igbo... My name is obieze a strong nwafor i support nnamdi kanu for his words of truth. I detest buhari like a plague he is solidly behind the muderous herdsmen. He is perpetually empty but more intelligent than his supporters. Amutekun is on a mission to chase back the blood thirsty demons into the gates of hell from whence they cometh from and you are angry but why

Referendum is not in the constitution according to yorubas and therefore cannot hold, regional police is not also in the constitution, so I don't see why Amotekun should be allowed to hold, using the same yoruba logic. Abi no be so?

Stop trying to be smart by half, the only way your terrorist organization (Amotekun) can stand is by constitutional review, if not I trust sai barber to order his boys to use the terrorist organization for shooting practice.
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Treasure17(m): 11:31pm On Jan 21, 2020
yommen:

The protests are peaceful protests. The people are not fighting against themselves na. Go sleep abeg.
But I never said it wasn't. Read between the lines oga.
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by APOSTLECHUMA: 11:43pm On Jan 21, 2020
Dont leave your security in the hands of your enemies.
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Vergin201(m): 11:59pm On Jan 21, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Amotekun remains illegal

I'm fully with Buhari on these .
........... U wia born by fools

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures from Peter Obi's Campaign Rally In Akure Ondo State / Why We Sacked 35 Senior Customs Officers- CG / Dangote Reacts To Quit Notice On Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.