Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:28 AM

Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti (36661 Views)

2 Reps Members: Goodhead, Awaji Lead Solidarity Walk For Fubara / ‘Forum Of Bishops’ Holds Solidarity Rally For Pantami (Photo) / Amotekun: ‘Lunatics’ Join Solidarity Rally In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by antiApc(m): 11:59pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hello Pls anyone who can get me any kind of work in Lagos

Pls I need to raise my school fees, I have looked for work here in ondo state but all to no avail

Pls just any kind of menial job Pls
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Vergin201(m): 12:20am On Jan 22, 2020
AnanseK:
AMOTEKUN & THE STAND OF EDUCATED ILLITERATES -copied

Apparently we attend school for certificates in the south, not for knowledge. I am so disappointed in the ongoing Amotekun debate. There is no basis for it occupying our national discuss. No basis.

We operate a "constitutional democracy".
If you are confused, simply go back to the grundnum - The 1999 Constitution. There are three tiers of government established and recognised by that book. Federal, state and local government. Each saddled with its responsibilities. The crux of that responsibilities being the welfare of citizens.

No law passed by any of these tiers is illegal as long as it conform with the spirit and letters of the constitution.

The problem with this Amotekun contraption is that no government has a law on it. None.
Secondly the body setting it up is not a government and certainly is not recognised in the constitution We don't have a regional government in Nigeria.

My chagrin is that there is hardly a family in the south without a college or university graduate.
Yet we failed when it mattered most.
The "highly illiterate northerners" read and understood the constitution.

Though the north are predominantly Muslim with sharia laws entrenched in the constitution, they practice same with the dictate of the constitution. Every state maintain its borders and limits. No Kano Hisbah can arrest an accuse in say Zaria or Dutse.
And vise versa.

On the Amotekun, if it was not lead by power mongers like Gani Adams, you expect each state to pass the enabling laws. Set up their commands and stay within their boundaries. But, no.They want to set up an outfit to gift unconstitutional powers to their new Aare onakankanfo.

This can NEVER happen. It will never work. Set up your neighborhood watches. Do whatever you want. But a regional armed force is a complete NO. We won't go this way again.
Use your learning well for once. Stop embarrassing us.

-JOHNSON ANDREW'S OPINION
.......... U are mad Mr. Johnson Andrew
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by toplinetrtrend: 1:21am On Jan 22, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Amotekun remains illegal

I'm fully with Buhari on these .

We will remind you when fulani herdsmen come to murder your entire family

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by ForbesHomesNG(m): 2:04am On Jan 22, 2020
toplinetrtrend:

We will remind you when fulani herdsmen come to murder your entire family
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by namiji2598: 2:22am On Jan 22, 2020
meolaniyi:
The Fulanis can not use politics to divide us. We are Yorubas before politics of APC or PDP
this is for the interest of the Yorubas and the South. I know very well that Igbos will never go against us.
most of the comments abusing Yorubas here using Igbo monikers are well known.

The average Igbo man will be happy that this security outfit stays.
the days of division in the south is gone that is why the Fulanis are jittery

We should all understand that the strength of the Fulanis is the division in the south.
I used the world Fulanis because majority of the northerners are under their bondage
most of them in the north are looking up to the south to rescue them.

I am a Muslim and I believe in Allah the most merciful and his prophet. The radical Islam of Fulanis cannot find its way into Yoruba land
as a northern Christian, am strongly with the yoruba people, 40% of the northern people are with u bro.
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by mignone(f): 3:20am On Jan 22, 2020
CSTR2:

But the last time, I checked the law does not support ethnic militias.
... but you know some are in full operation in this same country, don't u?
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Nobody: 3:40am On Jan 22, 2020
God bless you sir
meolaniyi:
The Fulanis can not use politics to divide us. We are Yorubas before politics of APC or PDP
this is for the interest of the Yorubas and the South. I know very well that Igbos will never go against us.

We should all understand that the strength of the Fulanis is the division in the south.
I used the world Fulanis because majority of the northerners are under their bondage

I am a Muslim and I believe in Allah the most merciful and his prophet. The radical Islam of Fulanis cannot find its way into Yoruba land
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by MedicH: 6:12am On Jan 22, 2020
MANNABBQGR1LLS:

Referendum is not in the constitution according to yorubas and therefore cannot hold, regional police is not also in the constitution, so I don't see why Amotekun should be allowed to hold, using the same yoruba logic. Abi no be so?

Stop trying to be smart by half, the only way your terrorist organization (Amotekun) can stand is by constitutional review, if not I trust sai barber to order his boys to use the terrorist organization for shooting practice.

But hisbah is abi. Why are u like this?
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by phemy36(m): 6:20am On Jan 22, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
I ma se un baami..I will love to learn more, I'm an ekiti man who does not know how to speak it jaare..I ma ba mi ki gbogbo u le o grin

You really try. Kete ara ule agbo. A kere oko dele ooo

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Perfecttouchade: 6:23am On Jan 22, 2020
phemy36:

You really try. Kete ara ule agbo. A kere oko dele ooo
Amin o, hu ma seun mi
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Dpharisee: 6:25am On Jan 22, 2020
kayusely70:
Yoruba supported Gej In 2011 but igbos hijacked his govt and neglected the yoruba
And now you are crying Amotekun with many already dead, which didn't happen under Igbo hijack and neglect of the Yoruba wink
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Emedu(m): 6:44am On Jan 22, 2020
magicminister:
The reason I don’t support Amotekun

Anyone that grew up in the ghettos of Lagos will remember that OPC reigned supreme during the 90’s - early 00s and also butchered people indiscriminately on the flimsiest of accusation.

I vividly remember the charred bodies of young men that lined up our streets almost every day and would remain there for weeks until it either goes back to the earth or is picked up by the relevant agencies.

I remember the OPC traffic stops where they’d have people disembark from the danfo and proceed to separate non-yorubas. Some get accused of being “armed robbers” which is an instant death sentence.

I remember the murder of my friend. He was a humble barber and street kid just like me. I came back from my car wash hussle to learn he was murdered by OPC after his landlord accused him of being an armed robber.
He dragged out of his house in the mid day, beaten to stupor and then set ablaze. His properties were looted and the remnants discarded.

I remember these things vividly.
While Amotekun is a good idea, what are the checks and balances to ensure they do not devolve into the immoral and wicked acts of the state sponsored OPC in the 90s.

I know I’ll get insulted for this but this is my true life story in the ghettos of Lagos. Amotekun is a NO for me unless there are sufficient checks and balances.

Who do we report to if there happens to be abuse of authority?

What are the checks and balances to ensure erring members are severely punished?

What trainings do the undergo to be able to deal with people professional and discharge their duties adequately?

Until there is a solid guideline on Amotekun, this is an effort that will lead to further abuse and oppression of the Nigerian people.

You are talking like this because you are far from the reality of the current happening in Nigeria. Amotekun is program to defend the territory of Yoruba land against Fulani Jihad. Bro wake up before it is too late
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Icon4s(m): 6:55am On Jan 22, 2020
meolaniyi:

God bless you bro. This is one of the best posts I have read on the political section of nairaland in the last 10yrs!

The South must Unite against the Northern oppression.
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by magicminister: 8:48am On Jan 22, 2020
Emedu:

You are talking like this because you are far from the reality of the current happening in Nigeria. Amotekun is program to defend the territory of Yoruba land against Fulani Jihad. Bro wake up before it is too late

Thank you for being respectful. A lot of people have insulted me. I am not against Amotekun but I am against the absence of publicized guidelines and how they are allowed to interact with citizens and the rights of citizens. I am against the absence of ethical hotline to report misdeeds. I am against the absence of overall checks to ensure their authority is not abused. In the absence of checks, abuse is inevitable. Amotekun is a laudable project showing that the south is in thinking in the right direction but I also grew up in the ghetto and saw how OPC operated without recourse to the laws of the land. I saw how they butchered and lynched people. Then, if you had a problem with an OPC guy, you’re as good as dead. Personally, I lost a friend during that period. He was less than 20 and a barber. I have seen how these things can break down into further oppression of you and I. My support for Amotekun is conditional.
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by OlawaleBammie: 9:01am On Jan 22, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Mo ki gbogbo yin deede ni ilu ekiti, iyookun o

hìn horaa õ
iyán á dùn lénúre
ógbàfún o ò

BTW, we dont use dede(the emboldened) in Ekiti, we rather use kete.

like... Kete ulu ekitigrin

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Perfecttouchade: 9:12am On Jan 22, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

hìn horaa õ
iyán á dùn lénúre
ógbàfún o ò

BTW, we dont use dede(the emboldened) in Ekiti, we rather use kete.

like... Kete ulu ekitigrin
ok kete...I'm still a learner grin I need to learn bros
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by eguarojeona: 9:35am On Jan 22, 2020
CSTR2:

Buhari has always been stupid.?
Who would have thought?
I thought igbos just hate him for nothing.

If una do anyhow, una go see anyhow.

Overnight activists.
Lol,just because they saw the sidelining of Osinbajo and now Tinubu.In came Amoteku.Overnight activist.Baba sope people.
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by toplinetrtrend: 10:14am On Jan 22, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Amotekun remains illegal

I'm fully with Buhari on these .

We will remind you when your family members become victims of fulani herdsmen
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by GMbuharii: 10:18am On Jan 22, 2020
LZAA:

Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed helinues ebenezar2020

Cstr2 eye yaff never clear finish...and when he said, " do anyhow,see anyhow",that is actually retro.

Coneheaded structures do anyhow,they see anyhow

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Ebenezar2020(m): 10:19am On Jan 22, 2020
[s]
GMbuharii:

Cstr2 eye yaff never clear finish...and when he said, " do anyhow,see anyhow",that is actually retro.

Coneheaded structures do anyhow,they see anyhow

grin grin grin
[/s]shut up
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by OlawaleBammie: 11:00am On Jan 22, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
ok kete...I'm still a learner grin I need to learn bros

Lol, dats good of u tho. cheesy
Are u from Ekiti?

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Perfecttouchade: 11:57am On Jan 22, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

Lol, dats good of u tho. cheesy
Are u from Ekiti?
yes ekiti kete
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by OlawaleBammie: 12:29pm On Jan 22, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
yes ekiti kete

Hmmm, I guess u didn't stay much at home hence ur resort to urgent learning of the culture and ethicsgrin

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Perfecttouchade: 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2020
grin
OlawaleBammie:

Hmmm, I guess u didn't stay much at home hence ur resort to urgent learning of the culture and ethicsgrin
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by darediamond(m): 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
okun o a we

Eeee!
Ore mi, hia naa lati Uleusha kii gbogbo rin ooo!

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Perfecttouchade: 1:19pm On Jan 22, 2020
darediamond:

Eeee!
Ore mi, hia naa lati Uleusha kii gbogbo rin ooo!
o o o ee kii yin na grin yoruba dun lopo lopo
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by darediamond(m): 11:16pm On Jan 22, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
o o o ee kii yin na grin yoruba dun lopo lopo
Beeni hin puro!

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by citizen202(m): 6:24am On Jan 23, 2020
meolaniyi:

if it gets to war , I will gladly fight and die alongside my southern Yoruba brodas this ain't no time for PDP or APC when it gets to politics we yab ourselves but this is invasion as an iboman
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Appvalley: 6:07am On Jan 24, 2020
[Almighty Allah will bless you for this comment.Yorubas are one.I am a christian but I love my muslim neighbours.quote author=meolaniyi post=85995069]The Fulanis can not use politics to divide us. We are Yorubas before politics of APC or PDP

The Average people Igbo man will be happy that this security outfit stays.
the
days of division in the south is gone that is why the Fulanis are jittery

I am a Muslim and I believe in Allah the most merciful and his prophet. The radical Islam of Fulanis cannot find its way into Yoruba land[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CNN Interview: Again, Peter Obi Mocks Tinubu Over “Emilokan” Comment / Fashola At Nnamdi Azikiwe's Burial Site In Onitsha (Photos) / London School Of Economics Debunks Dino Melaye's Degree Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.