Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA (8504 Views)

Akpabio’s Vehicle Collided With Ours – US Embassy / US Embassy Alleges Massive Rigging In Rivers, Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by violent(m): 1:15am On Dec 09, 2010
“I was not chosen to be Vice President because I had good political experience,” he said. “I did not. There[b] were a lot more qualified[/b] people around to be Vice President

Is our President a Muppet or something relatively close?. . .or is he just suffering from a Jonathan-Peace syndrome marked by poor judgement and a defected ability to think logically before talking?. . clearly we aren't being led by a man with self confidence and assurance in his own abilities, if he doesn't believe in himself, why should we believe in him?
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by DapoBear(m): 1:24am On Dec 09, 2010
violent:

Is our President a Muppet or something relatively close?. . .or is he just suffering from a Jonathan-Peace syndrome marked by poor judgement and a defected ability to think logically before talking?. . clearly we aren't being led by a man with self confidence and assurance in his own abilities, if he doesn't believe in himself, why should we believe in him?

Heh, better that than an arrogant dude who overestimates his capabilities. I don't mind a humble leader. He knows that he was just a wall ornament, but hopes to do better than that.

I prefer that sort of attitude to that of an arrogant buffoon who thinks too much of himself.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by gabsons: 1:25am On Dec 09, 2010
There is notin new under d sun.this leaks wil b part of history soon nd help students of history nd international diplomacy write a good projects.no thanks to Assange,though
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by violent(m): 1:35am On Dec 09, 2010
DapoBear:

Heh, better that than an arrogant dude who overestimates his capabilities. I don't mind a humble leader. He knows that he was just a wall ornament, but hopes to do better than that.

I prefer that sort of attitude to that of an arrogant buffoon who thinks too much of himself.

He leads over 150 million people,. . . in his desperate attempt at humility, he ought not sound like a 4 yr old with his díck in his hands saying "mummy, what am i going to do with this"?

His ability to lead a country has been weighted, measured and found wanting
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Beaf: 1:43am On Dec 09, 2010
violent:

He leads over 150 million people,. . . in his desperate attempt at humility, he ought not sound like a 4 yr old with his díck in his hands saying "mummy, what am i going to do with this"?

His ability to lead a country has been weighted, measured and found wanting

. . .By infants or those who think similarly? By those who supply shell with trancripts? Or those who are wanted in the US?
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by violent(m): 1:53am On Dec 09, 2010
Beaf:

. . .By infants or those who think similarly? By those who supply shell with trancripts? Or those who are wanted in the US?

By people who have refused to be blinded by ethnic sensations and who actually want someone right enough to lead the country through its mediocre states.

By people who feel gutted at a President's inability to manage a country's resources effectively {1 billion waste bins comes to mind} and who doesn't have a clear developmental blue print.

By folks  who believe its not Presidential to make public remarks on issues without appropriate consultation.

by individuals who are deeply pissed to watch their president muddled in shitty waters of bribery and cohesion. . .Mr president is ready to lick árses to secure a presidential ticket. . .he dare not even address public's concern on the recent NASS-Sanusi saga----he wouldnt want to piss the likes of Demeji and Mark off.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 09, 2010
^^^ I agree with you!

I read one of his FB posts where he talked about the textile industry and I was like wtf? So mr. President is now the minister of info?

Instead of him to to throw more light on why the Ogas over there are harassing Sanusi for saying the truth, he's talking about textile!

The man has got no balls jor. Who wants and a55 licker for a president. See him answering ASG 'yes sir, yes sir' . . .  chei!
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by oderemo(m): 7:54am On Dec 09, 2010
I ldey lafu,
so humility is now essential in politrics,?
Can someone mention one single senator or governor or a mem.of nass with this imp. Ingrdient.
Humility my a.s.s, i want a president that will rep.us regionally and internationally,The one that lock horns with his opp. And blink not.we have to agree that this tiny fussion called 9ja is not easy to govern. My conclussion is that jonathan is not properly groomed for pres.
Ans. Yes sir, yes sir to asg. Kai kai.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 09, 2010
are we talking about the same gej who was loyal to a man in a coma  cheesy cheesy cheesy

humility my ass.

humility has its place yes, but leaders should have more of balls than humility

if sanusi was made of the sort of weak stuffing gej is made of, he would never have even opened his mouth to challenge nass in the first place

meanwhile our humble president is taking legislooting a step further, by allowing bankole and mark to buy thier houses at a discount too
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 09, 2010
edoyad:

Hehehehhh! Na we be this ? Ambassador Robin Sanders alias James Bond.

LOL grin grin grin

You can say that again.

I think more than half of those "diplomats" at U.S embassies are spies.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 09, 2010
^ Bros all of them are spies! Na only Nigeria still dey send market women and touts as envoys in our embassies across the world. This is the 21st century, everybody is spying on everybody.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 09, 2010
violent:

Jonathan has not been himself. I guess the moral burden from his betrayal of their cult named party PDP is weighing him down
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by calyx: 11:48am On Dec 09, 2010
Please keep the leaks coming grin grin grin
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by VALIDATOR: 5:05pm On Dec 09, 2010
ode remo:

I ldey lafu,
so humility is now essential in politrics,?
Can someone mention one single senator or governor or a mem.of nass with this imp. Ingrdient.
Humility my a.s.s, i want a president that will rep.us regionally and internationally,The one that lock horns with his opp. And blink not.we have to agree that this tiny fussion called 9ja is not easy to govern. My conclussion is that jonathan is not properly groomed for pres.
Ans. Yes sir, yes sir to asg. Kai kai.

That is why tyrants with no milk of human kindness running in their veins have repeatedly ruled our country. They know that must nigerians think leadership=arrogance.

I picked a lot of wisdom from the way GEJ handled situations since he was deputy governor of bayelsa.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by nethacker(m): 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2010
Maazi Assange grin grin
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Kilode1: 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2010
Jonathan claims he wants to do a good job over the next 12 months, and leave a legacy of credible elections, electoral reform, including replacing the Independent National Electoral Commission’s (INEC) chairman and all of the commissioners. He promised the Ambassador that he would look at her suggestion of using terminal leave for the INEC chairman, which could have him out earlier than June. The Acting President also agreed to allow U.S.-UK technical assistance to help improve the voter registry and provide for a parallel vote tabulation. He expects things to calm down in the next 10-14 days, will not leave the country until things are resolved, and has opened channels with the military.[/b]

The right words, but does he have the Moral and Intellectual strength to do it?

Ambassador encouraged Jonathan to change the perception that he is a regional figure, and be seen, rather, as a national figure who has the best interest of the nation at heart. Ambassador expressed that given that the U.S. and Nigeria are very best friends, we feel the need to share our concerns, as any good friend would do, and that we are counting on him to steer Nigeria through this troubled and uncertain period. At the moment, Jonathan’s detractors believe he is a surrogate for former President Obasanjo. Ambassador advised the AgP that he needs to publicly demonstrate that he is the sole executor of national issues, not being directed or serving a political purpose for Obasanjo or others, so that his leadership would not be in question and the polity would accept that he had the best interest of nation at hand.

They obviously had the ability to analyse Nigeria better then our President. SMH

The AgP said he would call in SSS Director General Gadzama to clarify the security agency’s role in Talha’s near-release and that if the three SSS officers implicated had taken such action without authorization, they would face serious implications, including termination. Ambassador also took the opportunity to request Jonathan stop repeating that the December 25 attempting bombing case involving Nigerian Abdulmutallab was an “one-off aberration” and that Nigeria indeed does have foreign terrorist links and elements operating in country, as exemplified by Talha.

Really? advising our president to stop saying we are not a nation filled with terrorists? LOL. you gotta love that American Arrogance.

The Ambassador asked for a
few examples. Pickard said that Nigerian entities control the
lifting of many oil cargoes and there are some “very interesting”
people lifting oil (People, she said that were not even in the
industry). As an example she said that oil buyers would pay Nigerian
National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) General Managing Director
Yar’Adua, (Note: not related to President Yar’Adua. End Note) Chief
Economic Advisor Yakubu, and the First Lady Turai Yar’Adua large
bribes, millions of dollars per tanker, to lift oil.
The IOCs
control the liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cargos, so GON actors do
not have the same opportunity for illicit gain. Pickard also said a
former associate of hers (protect) had told her he had been present
when Attorney General Aondoakaa had told a visitor that he would sign
a document only if the visitor paid $2 million immediately and
another $18 million the next day.

Even though discerning Nigerians already know this, its nice to see it coming from Shell

Aondoakaa & TURAI!! No wonder she was reluctant to leave, this people will kill to maintain the status quo. we need to make sure they are not united in corruption at least that will balance out the powers a bit. Odikwa serious o!
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 09, 2010
am loving this, cool cool cool
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Torombo(m): 7:15pm On Dec 09, 2010
This shows that GEJ had the best interests of the country at heart. Those accusing him of not being strong enough should ask themselves what would have happened if he'd taken the path of asserting the consitutional powers of Acting President once UMYA became indisposed. I only wish he kept to his intention of not standing in 2011 as that would have put him in a very strong position to ensure the best person emerges as PDP flagbearer and the elections are as free and fair as possible.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by BabaO2: 7:15pm On Dec 09, 2010
wikileaks my foot. They should tell us international conspiracy involved in killing Abiola and June 12, then we can take them serious at least.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by edicolove: 7:19pm On Dec 09, 2010
Sincerely, this is not good. This is a major security breach. There are things that should not be in public domain no matter how curious the public is. This is not just about gossip. This kind of thing is capable of disintegrating a nation. Believe me when I say the public cannot really handle sensitive information. Imagine realeasing information from SSS and Police to the public. The greatest beneficiaries will be criminals and evil guys. It is very sad.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by mrmayor(m): 7:30pm On Dec 09, 2010
Kobojukie,

Haha hah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. You'll make a great Spin Doctor. Tony Blair would be proud. keep up the good work sis, I'm waiting for cables on Ekiti
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by reindeer: 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2010
Shell also does espionage in the country as seen in the cable. . . .

Shell doesnt need a lot of Wahala to get information.
Nigeria's current petroleum minister was once a shell executive.Not sure how true, but someone remarked her father worked for shell,she was born, raised and her life allegiance has always been to SPDC.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Omenani(m): 7:57pm On Dec 09, 2010
Very interesting piece of news!
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by OlawumiX: 8:01pm On Dec 09, 2010
The wikileaked cables are indeed an eye opener, while we know most of these before now, theres a gratifying feeling that we know and they (USG, GEJ and CO) that we know, theres not doubting what everyone knows.

Its a pity to find out that US has the audacity to tell GJ to stop saying that AbdulMutalibs case was isolated, and to make policy for Nigeria in the Name of suggestions look at the reference to OBJ, they even want GJ to being a puppet to OBJ and whose puppet would he be then.

And the shell madam too what arrogance!  Shame on all our so call leaders/masters/politician
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by BetaThings: 8:09pm On Dec 09, 2010
Beaf:

You are right. I remember Jonathan got a clear warning from the cabal not to lay the wreath for the unknown soldier, because he would be shot by snipers; but he still did, even though he was jittery. That is not lack of liver.
Jonathan cautioned on the side of wisdom, and I won't lie, it affected the way I handle certain things. I learnt a lot during that period, wisdom is a pearl.
Where is this in the wikileaks cable? Why must wishful thinking be passed of as reality? BTW we know that the man, inspite of posturings, knows he is not really qualified
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Dec 09, 2010
BetaThings:

Where is this in the wikileaks cable? [b]Why must wishful thinking be passed of as reality? [/b]BTW we know that the man, inspite of posturings, knows he is not really qualified

Good one!!lol
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by BetaThings: 8:12pm On Dec 09, 2010
Torombo:

This shows that GEJ had the best interests of the country at heart.  Those accusing him of not being strong enough should ask themselves what would have happened if he'd taken the path of asserting the consitutional powers of Acting President once UMYA became indisposed.  I only wish he kept to his intention of not standing in 2011 as that would have put him in a very strong position to ensure the best person emerges as PDP flagbearer and the elections are as free and fair as possible.
By trying to keep an Iwu in office and selling him to us as not being the problem, and finally sacking him only on the say so of the US?
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by BetaThings: 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2010
Dr Celest:

VOTE FOR GOODLUCK JONATHAN FOR PRESIDENT.
HE'S A GOD SENT TO NIGERIANS.

GOODLUCK JONATHAN FOR PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN FOR PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN NA U WE KNOW.
God does not go on vacation. Every leader (including Abacha and Shonekan) was sent by God
BTW we deserve grace of God. Luck is only required for lottery.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Whizzkido: 8:25pm On Dec 09, 2010
How are these guys able to get sensitive information like this!did they hack it or what?
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Whizzkido: 8:25pm On Dec 09, 2010
How are these guys able to get sensitive information like this!did they hack it or what?
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Whizzkido: 8:26pm On Dec 09, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Bukola Saraki Is Not Yoruba, Then Bishop David Oyedepo Is Also Not Yoruba / Gov Samuel Ortom Tests Positive For COVID-19 / Second Lieutenant Among Nigerian Soldiers Killed During Capture Of Ikonson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.