Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA (8506 Views)

Akpabio’s Vehicle Collided With Ours – US Embassy / US Embassy Alleges Massive Rigging In Rivers, Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by BetaThings: 8:29pm On Dec 09, 2010
Whizzkido:

How are these guys able to get sensitive information like this!did they hack it or what?
A private in the US army who had access to the information gave it to Wikileaks
The soldier is being detained in the US now
I am not sure that wikileaks hacks
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by sulad82i(m): 9:11pm On Dec 09, 2010
Now I see y he's (GEJ) under-performing.
He has always act like a wimp to me.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by daroz(m): 9:12pm On Dec 09, 2010
Right from the onset, I knew GEJ had good intention for the nation.This reveletion is now a further comfirmation of the fact.
GEJ for 2011
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by BetaThings: 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2010
daroz:

Right from the onset, I knew GEJ had good intention for the nation.This reveletion is now a further comfirmation of the fact.
GEJ for 2011

9ijaMan:

After going through virtually every post, I came to a single conclusion: We (Nigerians) are not wholeheartedly prepared for the so called change we seem to be clamoring for. How on earth can anyone in his right thinking senses assume that such damning revelation from GEJ (accepting that he's incompetent for the position he's holding) portrays him as being sincere befuddles me. The real insult to the nation (and Nigerians as a whole) actually stems from the fact that he admitted that much to the representative of a foreign country. If he could admit this much, what further concessions could he have given in his desperate attempt to remain in power.

It is highly discombobulating for anyone (in his right senses) to attempt to equate cluelessness with humility. Some posts even went as far as claiming GEJ is not desperate: if attempting at bribing a man of God (to seek his support) is not desperation, then I really do not know how to figure out a desperate move.

As GEJ has rightly acknowledged, he (GEJ) is not the best man for the job. The same way I will not want a confused surgeon to operate on me nor a jamibite saddled with the affairs of running a multi-billion dollar organization, I sure will not want GEJ to lead 9ja. We need a seasoned leader who has good track records to back him up and not a leader who wants to learn on the job.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by 3kay945(m): 9:49pm On Dec 09, 2010
i dont have any iota of faith in this man called Jonathan,, the wiki leaks thing is intelligence,,
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by tlops(m): 9:55pm On Dec 09, 2010
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by johnstin(m): 10:43pm On Dec 09, 2010
Jonathan's calm and wise conduct during the Yar'adua situation should be commended by all well meaning nigerians.
If he had taken action against those chalatanic cabals, then we won't be saying what we are saying now.
I'm not a politician; i have no ties to politicians but my meticulous analysis of the credentials of all the presidential aspirants indicates that either Jonathan, Ribadu or Buhari can take us to the promised land.
Jonathan- 65.9%
Ribadu- 54.2%
Buhari - 50%
Oh i almost forgot
Atiku- 18.1%

Shalom.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by 9ijaMan: 10:51pm On Dec 09, 2010
johnstin:

Jonathan's calm and wise conduct during the Yar'adua situation should be commended by all well meaning nigerians.
If he had taken action against those chalatanic cabals, then we won't be saying what we are saying now.
I'm not a politician; i have no ties to politicians but my meticulous analysis of the credentials of all the presidential aspirants indicates that either Jonathan, Ribadu or Buhari can take us to the promised land.
Jonathan- 65.9%
Ribadu-    54.2%
Buhari -    50%
Oh i almost forgot
Atiku-       18.1%

Shalom.
He was not calm and wise but simply very naive. He admitted that much to the US ambassador.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by webplay: 10:52pm On Dec 09, 2010
na wa ooo
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Musiwa13: 11:02pm On Dec 09, 2010
some of you look like , anyone can make claim that he said so and send it to wikileak.

What is out issue. The issue is about a satellite picture,  Some people are been paid more than others by telling lies and But Jonathan refuse to correct that, because his people benefit from this claim.

Oyo state is nearly 20 times the population of bayelsa. But Bayelsa state get more money.  Now, instead of Jonathan address the really issue, he is posting US embassy cable.  Who give the hell of Cable.

Is Jonathan going to create 20 states in Oyo state to equal bayelsa state. ? This is where the problem his.
If the size of the state where close. then you would be talking, but the size of the state are not equal.  

Another problem he has, His people from the niger delta are not the only militia in Nigeria. While he is paying the militia from his area monthly state, the so call other militia group cause some of the problem. are be sent to jail. Group like OPC, MOSSP, Boro Haram. But his people are been paid good money and send to school. while the others are send to jail.
Now it is not fair to other nigerian, that they have Niger delta ministry. That ministry should be cancelled. It is not fair to other nigern that you still have NDDC after you have started given 13% to the oil communities.

Now in the budget. If you add up the amount of money NDDC is collecting, Ministry of the Niger delta, and how much he is paying militias, that is another 13% making 26 %.
this is why they want to remove him.
The truth is the militia if Jonathan has to pay them , has to come from the 13% from thier state. the real truth is the reason why they have militia is that nobody see where the 13% is going. that why this young boys pick up arms against the country.

Billion has gone into this so call 13%, but no road is built. Nothing is done to help the people. What they having been doning is they have been sharing the 13% among themself , I mean the governors. So when this boys did not see anything, they pick up arm against the country.

Now if Oyo state is 20 times the population of bayelsa state and you collect 80 billion each month from the Yorubas, but you dont collect from others. Then stop collecting from us. So that everybody is equal.
Our people have become so poor because of this evil.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by sshalom(m): 11:10pm On Dec 09, 2010
Things are usually VERY interesting in Nigeria.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by babaowo: 12:32am On Dec 10, 2010
na wha ooooooooo,naija ppl,be prepare 2012 is REAL.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by jambya(m): 12:36am On Dec 10, 2010
Na wa ooo, Wikileaks, this is truly a classified story.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by PhysicsQED(m): 1:05am On Dec 10, 2010
Jonathan handled this well. Kudos.

Also the posters in here denigrating Jonathan's humility are all fools. Then when some arrogant, pompous goon like IBB or Abacha with an overblown sense of importance and competence starts ruling you you clowns will actually start complaining. It's disgusting that humility and honesty are openly assaulted as weakness by Africans. This simplistic brutish mentality of only respecting raw arrogance and self-worship has been part of the bane of Africa. Hasn't it dawned on anyone that those kind of qualities- humility and honesty- have eluded the many awful African leaders and heads of state yet are always found the few good ones?
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by blackcypha(m): 1:26am On Dec 10, 2010
so what is the fuss about?
The US HAS GOOD INTENTIONS FOR NAIJA period,
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by gonzaga: 1:36am On Dec 10, 2010
It baffles me what Nigerians really want. If GEJ had over asserted himself during Yaradua's illness, we would be saying he is over ambitious. Now he erred on the side of caution, we are calling him spineless! A situation that had never been experienced before in this country, which precedence would he have drawn from? Instead of us to analyze the roles Turai, Tanimu, ADC and Cso played, we are here talking about liver and balls. That spinelessness as some of u want to call it is what kept this nation and this fragile democracy alive till today. We should be greatful that during this tumultious period, God in his infinite wisdom gave u a ''spineless'' leader. Lets swap roles between  Atiku and GEJ. Assuming Atiku was GEJ and Yaradua was OBJ, the result would have been better imagined.
Even from the leaks, the ambassador has testified to GEJ'S desire for a free and fair election, which he has demostrated sufficiently. Let us as youths always analyze issues based on facts and not sentiments.Zonning as its been presented today is meant to divide this nation. I was suprised that IBB did not threaten to quit PDP if free and Fair elections were not conducted, but if zonning is not upheld in the way he understands it. Soo sad for pple that claim they will beat GEJ hands down in the primaries and they wont stop looking for ways to disqualify him from the contest. ISN'T THAT IRONICAL?
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 10, 2010
They.
Tell.
You.
What.
To.
Think.
About.
The.
USA.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by PatKing(f): 3:39am On Dec 10, 2010
I am wondering, when will our security system have database worth of peaking into!
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Mingler: 4:53am On Dec 10, 2010
visit www.professionalsinnigeria.com to meet professionals from across Nigeria.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by tarano: 6:53am On Dec 10, 2010
Come to think of it who killed Bola Ige, Former Attorney General, If coorporations like pfizer can threaten Andoakaa an attorney General with corruption evidence, just for him to drop the case, Who knows what Bola Ige was investigating that brought fire on him, my guess, is the Niger delter politicians involved in Oil Bunkering, Nigeria is bleeped up,
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Saylawchar(m): 7:33am On Dec 10, 2010
some people are ready to sell this country and they will be wiling to collect dividends on its shares, HACKERS have really exposed lots of sensitive issues,
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by sayso: 7:58am On Dec 10, 2010
Mr. Assange be careful.we no be like una oyibo people ooohhh.anyway good news
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by gozzilla(m): 8:30am On Dec 10, 2010
A comprehensive coverage of the leaks on Nigeria. http://christianpurefoy.tumblr.com/
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by zeminar(m): 8:44am On Dec 10, 2010
Do you need money b4 xmas, why wasting your time online,use it to Rake big cash here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-565655.0.html
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by tokunbobo(m): 9:26am On Dec 10, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by 4wardever(m): 9:27am On Dec 10, 2010
Its a shame hw porous evry sector of dis country is. cry

Convert your audio/video to texts and ebooks error free. send a mail to: frankway86@gmail.com
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 10, 2010
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20101210351887

The Presidency on Thursday picked holes in accounts about an alleged confidential meeting between President Goodluck Jonathan and former United States Ambassador, Ms. Robin Sanders, published by online whistleblower, WikiLeaks.

The disputed portion relates to a discussion between Jonathan, when he held office as Acting President, and Sanders over the implications of then President Umaru Yar’Adua’s health condition for Nigeria. The meeting took place on February 26, 2010 at the the vice-president’s official residence in the Presidential Villa known as Akinola Aguda House.

Jonathan resided in Akinola Aguda House until he assumed the office of president, following Yar’Adua’s death on May 6.

According to the leaked cable, Jonathan and Sanders met “to review the current political situation, following the return earlier this week of ailing President Yar’Adua.”

Excerpts from the cable suggested that Jonathan told Sanders that he (Jonathan) lacked ‘political and administrative experience.’

He was quoted as saying, “I was not chosen to be Vice-President because I had good political experience. I did not. There were a lot more qualified people around to be Vice-President, but that does not mean I am not my own man.”

“I am not a politician and had very limited experience as an administrator; I will not tolerate a brawl.”

The account also said Jonathan blamed some influential persons for the political crisis in the country at the time.

“This terrible situation in the country today has been created by four people: Turai Yar’Adua (the ailing President’s wife), his Chief Security Officer (CSO) (Yusuf Mohammed Tilde), his Aide-de-Camp (ADC)(Col. Mustapha Onoyiveta) and Professor Tanimu Yakubu (Yar’Adua’s Chief Economic Advisor).”

However, the Presidency, in response to the publication, said the website’s accounts of the discussion was ‘a souped up version,’ aimed at portraying the President in a bad light.

In a statement titled, ‘On Wikileaks and all that,’ the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Communication, Mr. Ima Niboro, said Jonathan, with all his experience in public office before becoming vice-president to the late Yar’Adua, could not have told Sanders that he lacked political and leadership experience.

The statement reads, “WikiLeaks is the new travesty that international diplomacy has to deal with. Nigeria is no exception. The point to be made is that the accounts of meetings between President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and US diplomats are essentially third party narratives, and are largely inaccurate.

“The President, in those tempestuous days during which the nation tottered on the brink, held meetings, and then more meetings, with different groups, the diplomatic community inclusive. The President met with different diplomats and special envoys, who offered different suggestions on a way out of the impasse that our late leader’s health had imposed on the nation.

“We note that this account is largely silent on these suggestions. Instead, what is served up is an unfair account severely impacted by selective perception and individual expectations. For instance, how can it be said that a man who had been a Deputy Governor, an Acting Governor, a Governor, a Vice-President, and then Acting President could have described himself as lacking in administrative experience?”

“That the President holds a Ph.D, was a lecturer for 10 years and was an Assistant Director in the defunct Oil Mineral Producing Areas Development Commission do not make the statement less rankling. This only goes to show that the report itself is a souped up version of the standard conversation that takes place in such meetings.

“We find this account as wholly unfortunate and we are only employing the best of diplomatic finesse in that statement!

definitely an inexperienced politician.

to quote the fellas on smooth fm this morning: tell the bolded to George bush   cheesy cheesy
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by semidaraeb(m): 9:42am On Dec 10, 2010
@gonzaga na u make sense pass, ur. Comments are spot on, u cant and can never satisfy human beings,
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 10, 2010
I like GEJ but I honestly do not think he has what it takes to lead Nigeria. Let's not confuse humility with naivety neither should we confuse impetousness with bravery. Clearly GEJ is humble and he has good intentions for the nation but he remains largely naive and lacks the political savviness to take the bulls by the horns when the need arises. Humility is good but decisiveness is even better.

The best thing  that can happen now is for him to lose the PDP primaries, he'll oversee a smooth and fair transition. This will earn him the respect of all Nigerians and he'll probably be the one that will truly merit the title " Father of Modern Nigeria".
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by LKRavitz(m): 10:00am On Dec 10, 2010
i thought jonathan was a Good person then. he is just like the others. Vote Buhari for president.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by agitator: 10:20am On Dec 10, 2010
VALIDATOR:

That is why tyrants with no milk of human kindness running in their veins have repeatedly ruled our country. They know that must nigerians think leadership=arrogance.

You just hit the nail on the head. Painful but the truth, if you are humble you are weak. If Jonathan had made bold to take over power and the president miraculously returned, they would have criticized him as well. for wanting to overthrow the president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? / Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! / Am Not Leaving PDP - Rotimi Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.